PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Kiss Vigor Bottle now available

MortalMonday
08-02-2013, 02:09 AM
It's up now. $350 regular version, $600 signed version.

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS&vSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS

====================

Levine just teased this:

When you can't get a kiss from a rose, how about a devil instead? ‪#‎verysoon‬

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/936517_10201071375045474_549466842_n.jpg

chemgear
08-02-2013, 02:09 AM
In before signed version? :)

flatout
08-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Get that teaser pic outta here Mortal. Lol.

Here is the real deal:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQc3qs0CAAEhOmU.jpg:large

I was going to post this the day i got it but I was not sure id I was supposed to or not but since Ken has officially teases it I think it is okay now. I am waiting on more details on this I will update if I get any.

Deathhound
08-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Damn, that looks awesome. I'll have to watch out for that one

MortalMonday
08-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Oh Lord!

When?

flatout
08-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Oh Lord!

When?

Don't know... waiting on a reply. Hopefully if I get "when and how much" info I can share it... if I can I will.

MortalMonday
08-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks! She's one nice looking bottle.

Thanks for the pic too!

flatout
08-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah it is neat... not sure if I will be able to go for it though.

Price might be easy to guess based on the last one... they may even go higher this time though (I base this on the success of the game and the pattern in their listing prices as of late). Also depends on how limited it will be.

Deathhound
08-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah, kinda thinking about the price, too. Hopefully it will be in my range.

flatout
08-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Funny thing is I actually heard of this months ago. Don't get me wrong, I heard something like "another big item is coming to the store soon" but that was months ago. I figured what it was but did not know which it would be.

Also it seems to have taken them much longer then expected to sculpt it.

Deathhound
08-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Could this be the one they were asking the community about? I know they asked months ago about what we would like to see in the store.

blingaling
08-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Get that teaser pic outta here Mortal. Lol.

Here is the real deal:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQc3qs0CAAEhOmU.jpg:large

I was going to post this the day i got it but I was not sure id I was supposed to or not but since Ken has officially teases it I think it is okay now. I am waiting on more details on this I will update if I get any.

I was all set to abandon the Irrational store completely, but HOLY CRAP THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

Heckuva scoop Flatout, thanks for sharing that with us.

misterunboxers
08-03-2013, 03:35 AM
Hope I can get my hands on one, missed out on Murder of Crows.

toxicatom5
08-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I was just thinking back about the MOC Vigor Bottle when it first went up for sale, and a post about the possibility of them creating more vigors, but when I went back to look at the post what I really thought was interesting was how much the details changed between that time (~June '12) and release in March '13. Take a look..

"Now the question is; given how quickly these sold out (particularly considering the price tag), how long until we have replicas for:

Bucking Bronco
Electric
Mesmerize
Telekinetic
Weapon Slave

not to mention the Nostrums...."

Obviously many of these Vigors changed names and/or were removed/modified. And the Nostrums became "gear". I actually liked where they were headed with the Nostrums a little more, too bad those got the old heave-ho.

vhal_x
08-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I think I'll definitely try for one of these if I get a chance, since I missed the MOC :( Still wanting to get a MOC though xx

Boinkzoink
08-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Don't know... waiting on a reply. Hopefully if I get "when and how much" info I can share it... if I can I will.

Woots! I'm keeping all fingers crossed that you will be allowed to share the information here. I have been stalking Irrational's website ever since i saw the teaser, and it's boring me out... :facepalm:

amb6883
08-05-2013, 05:27 PM
https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS&vSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS

It is up at the store. $350 - edition of 500. Also, the first 50 are signed and cost $600.00.

amb6883
08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I do like how it is labeled First edition, too.

flatout
08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
signed ones are $600... I will pass this time I think.

Neat, but really this is getting out of hand.

I do like how it is labeled First edition, too.

Yeah both the signed and unsigned say first editions. At least they are openly telling use there will be a another round unlike the MIR books.

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Neat but really this is getting out of hand.

Ugh that is disgusting imo

$250 for a signature

Wow that is a new one

amb6883
08-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Neat but really this is getting out of hand.

His signature keeps rising in value!

Madigan
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
From $350 to $600 just for a signature hahahahaah. The funny thing is that ken levine is all over the store and his signature is nothing special, not anymore.

flatout
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Ugh that is disgusting imo

$250 for a signature

Wow that is a new one

I think they think they can scale it... like percentage wise over the original price or something.

Anyways who is getting one and which version... and why?

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I think they think they can scale it... like percentage wise over the original price or something.

Anyways who is getting one and which version... and why?

I will try to get the non-signature one if its still there Wednesday

Honestly now I don't want anything with Ken's signature on it

If it was for fans and not for money, the 50 signed would be randomly given out amongst the normal ones

Also dislike that first edition nonsense

Sigh irrational store is such a money whore these days

Sorry I said it

flatout
08-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Sigh irrational store is such a money whore these days

Sorry I said it

All of them are really (well most all of them)... some people got made when I said this about Irrational (it is actually NOT Irrational... it is 2K/Take Two' marketing) not too long ago, oh well. It is all run by corporations that anything they do is to make money, plain and simple. v

For example most lithos probably cost a few dollars to make... even this bottle probably works out to no more then $30-$50 tops to produce (especially if there are going to be more editions).

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 05:41 PM
All of them are really (well most all of them)... some people got made when I said this about irrational not too long ago, oh well. It is all run by corporations that anything they do is to make money, plain and simple.

Yes and no

At least with treehouse they usually try to garner more money by releasing more products

They don't charge for signatures

When they re-release a limited edition art work they change it's size usually

I much prefer the way Treehouse is run then irrational

Honestly it makes me like Ken less

amb6883
08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Passing on both. Nothing from Irrational seems to be really "limited" and Ken Levine apparently signs everything.

flatout
08-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes and no

At least with treehouse they usually try to garner more money by releasing more products

They don't charge for signatures

When they re-release a limited edition art work they change it's size usually

I much prefer the way Treehouse is run then irrational

Honestly it makes me like Ken less

You need to consider the mark up percentage in my opinion. But really this is not a gaming memorabilia debate, it is a capitalism debate.

And it is not Ken really it is the people he works for.

Boinkzoink
08-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh well... I have purchased an unsigned bottle.. $250 extra for just a signature and a card is way too shitty..

toxicatom5
08-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering what it will cost for the second edition. You'd think it would have to be below $350 (presuming the second edition wouldn't be numbered or signed). If all you're paying for is the numbering when everything else is identical, then it would be worth the wait.

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 05:49 PM
You need to consider the mark up percentage in my opinion. But really this is not a gaming memorabilia debate, it is a capitalism debate.

And it is not Ken really it is the people he works for.

Not sure Capitalism would be the right word for it

To be honest I think Ken likely has far more to say about it then you would think

I doubt there's a clause in his contract with irrational that dictates he signs everything and anything put in front of him

I think he willingly does it personally

Guy just seems to like signing stuff

I suppose the pricing might not be handled by him but it still greatly dilutes the appeal of his signature to me

flatout
08-05-2013, 06:09 PM
I see it as the company that owns his company dictates what he does with the brand they own as far as most of the marketing goes (I am sure they take his input and even leave some things up to him)... but I could be wrong of coarse.

I'm wondering what it will cost for the second edition. You'd think it would have to be below $350 (presuming the second edition wouldn't be numbered or signed). If all you're paying for is the numbering when everything else is identical, then it would be worth the wait.

Aren't second editions almost always the same list price as the first?

Mike1888
08-05-2013, 06:13 PM
This was totally expected. I've been complaining about this since their trio of lithos.

People keep buying, they keep increasing the price of his signature. Its that simple really, so if you are someone who has bought every single signed thing they have put out, I'm not sure why you're complaining.

Mike1888
08-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I see it as the company that owns his company dictates what he does with the brand they own as far as most of the marketing goes (I am sure they take his input and even leave some things up to him)... but I could be wrong of coarse.

Has Take-Two done this with any other of their game series/devs?

flatout
08-05-2013, 06:34 PM
This was totally expected. I've been complaining about this since their trio of lithos.

People keep buying, they keep increasing the price of his signature. Its that simple really, so if you are someone who has bought every single signed thing they have put out, I'm not sure why you're complaining.

Very true.

Has Take-Two done this with any other of their game series/devs?

Not may have the sway that this game has had in the memorabilia market. But really i cannot speak for the other franchises, plus Irrational is a unique situation where the Director is almost as famous as the game. I am not sure i know another game director by name as well as I know the name Ken Levine and Bioshock (this could be a personal thing I suppose).

Also things may have changed up some business wise in Take Two, who knows really. They seemed to do a lot of Borderlands stuff as well but the items did not sell nearly as well, so that is probably why they did not keep making tons of new items (I know they made quite a few though).

But I am simply speculating and giving my opinion... none of us know the inner workings (unless there is a Take Two/Irrational/2K employee here who wants to weigh in).

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Not may have the sway that this game has had in the memorabilia market. but really i cannot speak for the other franchises, plus Irrational is a unique situation where the Director is almost as famous as the game. I am not sure i know another game director by name as well as I know the name Ken Levine and Bioshock (this could be a personal thing I suppose).

Also things may have changed up some business wise in Take Two, who knows really. They seemed to do a lot of Borderlands stuff as well but the items did not sell nearly as well, so that is probably why they did not keep making tons of new items (I know they made quite a few though).

But I am simply speculation and giving my opinion... non of us know the inner workings (unless there is a Take Two/Irrational/2K employee here who wants to weigh in).

Strange thing is the borderlands store is run by Treehouse

Always wondered why irrational got their own store

Guess Bioshock merchandise is a lot more profitable or something

flatout
08-05-2013, 06:37 PM
It all is connected to the 2K store too... even Irrational's contact for support is through the 2K store and all items come from the 2K warehouse.

toxicatom5
08-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Aren't second editions almost always the same list price as the first?

lol! I guess for irrational they are! I was thinking that they might release an open second edition at a lower price point considering it would (presumably) lack the signature and numbering, but given the Bucking Bronco screen-print situation you're probably right.

flatout
08-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah as far as collectable wise the First Editions are worth more but usually the Second Editions are sold on stores for the same retail price... this is just from a few I have seen.

amb6883
08-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah as far as collectable wise the First Editions are worth more but usually the Second Editions are sold on stores for the same retail price... this is just from a few I have seen.

The problem is that the only ones that come with a certificate of authenticity are the signed bottles (at least from the descriptions).

blingaling
08-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I went ahead and got the unsigned, all else aside it really is a beautiful item.
I'm absolutely positive they will produce more if they sell out, at least we do get a minor indication that this will be so due to the "fist edition" clause in the description, as well as their history with other "sold-out" items. Honestly I would be quite happy for a re-release of the MoC bottle.

I get the feeling this pricing structure is a reaction to the super inflated prices we saw in the secondary market. Sold out? Signed? $$$! I profited off of that boom myself. Now autographs are expensive right off the bat. Nothing is ever really sold out. I think it's pretty plain that they just want to destroy that secondary market and take that money themselves.

Sucks for those on a limited budget. Sucks for those (like me) who live in the US and are never far enough away from their computers to miss a limited release item drop. Sucks worst for those who want to resell. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying I believe what's going on with the Irrational store is specifically targeting resellers.

After the truly awful feedback over the signed book can you blame them?

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Wow, the price hike between signed and unsigned is ridiculous!

Surely the unsigned ones should have a COA too? Can anyone confirm? xx

bazzaffc
08-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Am tempted but $350 plus shipping is a big chunk of money specially with GTA and Watchdog special editions out soon plus dont forget the new consoles!

Any idea how much the MOC bottle cost when it was in store?

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I think MOC was about the same price, maybe $400. Not 100% sure though xx

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I hope they at least make the second edition distinct. Maybe the second edition won't be of the same high quality?

Anyway, in for one unsigned bottle. She looks great.

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 07:50 PM
I think MOC was about the same price, maybe $400. Not 100% sure though xx

MoC was $500. MoC was also limited to 400 total pieces; so they upped the edition size by 100 for the DK as well.

Mike1888
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I went ahead and got the unsigned, all else aside it really is a beautiful item.
I'm absolutely positive they will produce more if they sell out, at least we do get a minor indication that this will be so due to the "fist edition" clause in the description, as well as their history with other "sold-out" items. Honestly I would be quite happy for a re-release of the MoC bottle.

I get the feeling this pricing structure is a reaction to the super inflated prices we saw in the secondary market. Sold out? Signed? $$$! I profited off of that boom myself. Now autographs are expensive right off the bat. Nothing is ever really sold out. I think it's pretty plain that they just want to destroy that secondary market and take that money themselves.

Sucks for those on a limited budget. Sucks for those (like me) who live in the US and are never far enough away from their computers to miss a limited release item drop. Sucks worst for those who want to resell. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying I believe what's going on with the Irrational store is specifically targeting resellers.

They can't "take that money for themselves." The fact that something is sold out is what makes it worth those amounts, not the signature itself.

Autographs have always been expensive, they're just seeing how far they can go and still get people to buy.

After the truly awful feedback over the signed book can you blame them?

Not sure what you mean.

blingaling
08-05-2013, 08:37 PM
They can't "take that money for themselves." The fact that something is sold out is what makes it worth those amounts, not the signature itself.
If they can sell at these prices, they are quite obviously worth these amounts. If they increase their markup to aftermarket level prices how is this not taking the money for themselves? It's not a semantic argument, it's about cutting out the middleman and charging the premium at the onset.

Not sure what you mean.
See this thread: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11626

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 08:40 PM
If they can sell at these prices, they are quite obviously worth these amounts. If they increase their markup to aftermarket level prices how is this not taking the money for themselves? It's not a semantic argument, it's about cutting out the middleman and charging the premium at the onset.

I think Mike is implying that resellers will still be there and jack up the prices accordingly

See the 3 signed lithos

Retail prices for that were expensive but secondary market just tripled the price :(

blingaling
08-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I think Mike is implying that resellers will still be there and jack up the prices accordingly

See the 3 signed lithos

Retail prices for that were expensive but secondary market just tripled the price :(

Yah I get that but this bubble has burst. Look at the signed Fitzroy prints. Going nowhere. If a 600$ price tag on this bottle burns a guy who bought 3 for 1800$ looking to double their money... well that's just fine :lmao:

Anyway, it's no big deal to me. I could most assuredly be very wrong. I do enjoy these discussions though :)

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Yah I get that but this bubble has burst. Look at the signed Fitzroy prints. Going nowhere. If a 600$ price tag on this bottle burns a guy who bought 3 for 1800$ looking to double their money... well that's just fine :lmao:

Anyway, it's no big deal to me. I could most assuredly be very wrong. I do enjoy these discussions though :)

I do agree with you that the magic of the bioshock reseller market is bursting

The fitzroys on ebay aren't selling that well

So I guess if that's their motivation then it might be working?

I do think they saw the reseller prices and realized what they could get for them BUT I don't think they give a damn about people reselling them

They just want as much as they can get

Business and all that

amb6883
08-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Agreed.

Every time they release another "collectible" with his signature it devalues the others. They are over saturating the market and losing credibility. If they are going to charge such a premium they should actually have him sign limited edition items.

blingaling
08-05-2013, 09:00 PM
They just want as much as they can get

Business and all that

YES INDEED. :beer:

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
The sig looks silly on the bottle anyway. It should've been signed on the bottom of the base.

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 09:26 PM
The sig looks silly on the bottle anyway. It should've been signed on the bottom of the base.

Yeah sig is bad

Detracts from the statue more than anything

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah sig is bad

Detracts from the statue more than anything

You're right about that. The sig is an eyesore. Glad I went non signed.

I think I trashed the devils kiss mini litho from the songbird edition. Sure wish I had it now to pair with the bottle. Argh!

tsquared44
08-05-2013, 09:35 PM
just picked up 2 signed editions. The sig is not my fav but the cof with it framed up will sure give it the attention.

Mike1888
08-05-2013, 09:36 PM

See this thread: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11626

That aftermarket value you are talking about is the result of said item selling out. I'm not saying the items won't sell, I am saying the logic you are describing is circular and doesn't really make sense from a business perspective.

High $$$ reselling auctions if anything help irrational as it solidifies their merchandise as value-holding and collectible. People will be sure to buy the next LE right away at retail.

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 09:36 PM

It sure does, it looks like a child went crazy on it with a marker :/

What was so wrong about signing the base just like the MOC? xx

Crimson_Dragon92
08-05-2013, 09:53 PM
That price is ridiculous. Especially the signed one. Good lord, why does Bioshock merch have to be so freakin overpriced.

Already people trying to sell it on ebay for $899-5999 depending on which edition it is. Stupid.

amb6883
08-05-2013, 10:16 PM
That price is ridiculous. Especially the signed one. Good lord, why does Bioshock merch have to be so freakin overpriced.

Already people trying to sell it on ebay for $899-5999 depending on which edition it is. Stupid.

It looks someone already bought an unsigned one for $499.00. That is stupid (or a fake sale).

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 10:20 PM
I don't see any completed listings of it? xx

Deathhound
08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
It came faster than I thought it would be.

Guess I have to pass on this one, though

And yep, the price for the signed one is indeed absurd

amb6883
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't see any completed listings of it? xx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BioShock-Infinite-Devils-Kiss-Vigor-Bottle-Limited-Edition-ONLY-500-MADE-/281147162411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4175ad3f2b

Crimson_Dragon92
08-05-2013, 10:43 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BioShock-Infinite-Devils-Kiss-Vigor-Bottle-Limited-Edition-ONLY-500-MADE-/281147162411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4175ad3f2b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BioShock-Infinite-Devils-Kiss-Vigor-Bottle-Limited-Edition-ONLY-500-MADE-/281147207021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4175aded6d

Been up less than an hour and already 2 watchers and "22 people viewed within the last hour."

if it was a sure resale then sure Id buy one for 350 to make profit. But idk how its all going to play out on ebay. The one mentioned earlier could have been a fake sale.

* Now 3 watchers.

blingaling
08-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Relisted, not sold. edit: maybe sold? funky.

That aftermarket value you are talking about is the result of said item selling out. I'm not saying the items won't sell, I am saying the logic you are describing is circular and doesn't really make sense from a business perspective.
High $$$ reselling auctions if anything help irrational as it solidifies their merchandise as value-holding and collectible. People will be sure to buy the next LE right away at retail.
It's really hard to say either way I suppose. The last 2 signed art prints haven't sold out. Maybe prices will rise after they do. Either way, this:

Every time they release another "collectible" with his signature it devalues the others. They are over saturating the market and losing credibility. If they are going to charge such a premium they should actually have him sign limited edition items.

is dead on.

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 11:04 PM
I've often wondered if resellers come on here to try and gauge how desirable any particular piece is

Hence our distaste may turn some from trying to resell it

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 11:09 PM
You'd be surprised how often I get contacted by lurkers.
They're watching, make no mistake about it.

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 11:17 PM
You'd be surprised how often I get contacted by lurkers.
They're watching, make no mistake about it.

Edition size is too big anyways with 500 plus it being a first edition

Doubt this one's going to go into grail territory even if it's a beautiful piece

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Still, it will go very well in people's collections who own the MOC already :) The MOC is still my favourite of the two though xx

SwiftDeath
08-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Still, it will go very well in people's collections who own the MOC already :) The MOC is still my favourite of the two though xx

Yes I'm excited to get it (assuming I manage to)

Not sure which I'd like more as I don't have either :P

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Those sneaky bastards and their first edition nonsense.
I hope, again, that the next batch is at least cheaper quality; like maybe made of pvc or something.

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I really, really, really want a MOC vigor, but I've yet to get one. Most prices are out of my reach (especially due to the short time they're listed on eBay, so no time to save), so hoping that either I will one day win a large sum of money so I can just buy one, or that someone decides to sell theirs here and is willing to give me time to arrange money :haha: Although I guarantee that won't be anytime soon!

They'd look beautiful together on a shelf, along with the Songbird plushie, the Songbird statue from the CE, as well as all the other CE stuff/bits and pieces from Bioshock xx

MortalMonday
08-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I'll have a picture up with both bottles shortly.
Irrational has always delivered its products to me within just days of ordering.
So hopefully the bottle will be here by the end of the week.

vhal_x
08-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Nice, looking forward to the pics Mortal :D xx

Lemur
08-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Well the publishers do watch ebay. So if they see their stuff being sold for double or triple the original price, why not increase the original price? Makes perfect business sense.

Btw I have no idea what these bottles are? Seen lots of pics of the MOC posted tho.

Romeo
08-06-2013, 03:46 AM
Well the publishers do watch ebay. So if they see their stuff being sold for double or triple the original price, why not increase the original price? Makes perfect business sense.

Btw I have no idea what these bottles are? Seen lots of pics of the MOC posted tho.

I do agree 100%. I wish there was some clause that the publisher reserves the right to contact ebay and remove any auctions listing their wares.

amb6883
08-06-2013, 03:58 AM
I do agree 100%. I wish there was some clause that the publisher reserves the right to contact ebay and remove any auctions listing their wares.

really???

Romeo
08-06-2013, 04:33 AM
really???

...and you have a problem with that as a collector? I assume you're part of the problem, not the solution then.

Madigan
08-06-2013, 04:45 AM
Remove any auctions while the item is in stock I guess?

amb6883
08-06-2013, 05:01 AM
...and you have a problem with that as a collector? I assume you're part of the problem, not the solution then.

I am a collector and I have no problem with people doing whatever they want with the products they buy and own.

Biggav4000
08-06-2013, 05:06 AM
That would make sense madigan ,but it's not going to happen at the end of the day its business .

amb6883
08-06-2013, 05:12 AM
That would make sense madigan ,but it's not going to happen at the end of the day its business .

Anybody that buys off Ebay for a premium while a item is still in stock deserves to be shafted.

Romeo
08-06-2013, 05:45 AM

Like some companies deal with counterfeits by having ebay remove ANY and all auctions with their name, I wish rare collector items were the same.

I am a collector and I have no problem with people doing whatever they want with the products they buy and own.

True. The problem is the intent. If I buy something and am in a pickle down the road with no choice but to sell something I have an attachment to is one thing, but intent to sell for profit from the get-go is morally despicable.

For ebay, yes. They have no morals, their goal is to make a profit.

StayFree( ' 3')
08-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I still can't get over the price difference between the signed/unsigned bottles, it's just insane. If I ever see Ken again I'll just have him sign the unsigned bottle, handing him $250 in monopoly money afterwards. lol

Lemur
08-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I still can't get over the price difference between the signed/unsigned bottles, it's just insane. If I ever see Ken again I'll just have him sign the unsigned bottle, handing him $250 in monopoly money afterwards. lol

I think if you hand him an unsigned bottle he'll tell you if you really wanted his signature you would have paid the extra $250. Then have you kicked out by security :lmao:

smitty2011
08-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I wonder if these will sell out quick? Pricey thou..and coz our dollar is now shite I would be paying nearly $750 for the signed one..

Matt16
08-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I need to stop seeing the word limited and then just ordering :banghead:

I've ordered one even though I think its bloody horrible!! Emailed them to try and cancel so lets see how that goes.

vhal_x
08-06-2013, 12:50 PM
I think we've all been guilty of that at some point Matt :P I tend to avoid eBay for that reason (as well as the fact I bloody hate it haha). If you cancel though, would you not be gutted if it then sold out and became a grail? Since you would have almost had it? xx

Matt16
08-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I think we've all been guilty of that at some point Matt :P I tend to avoid eBay for that reason (as well as the fact I bloody hate it haha). If you cancel though, would you not be gutted if it then sold out and became a grail? Since you would have almost had it? xx

I've been thinking about that but I keep coming back to the fact I don't like it; I think its really, REALLY ugly. I don't sell my stuff so any increase in value doesn't matter and if it sold out I still wouldn't like it.

But then the little voice in my head says "but what if...?". Sometime down the line I might decide I want to collect all the Bioshock stuff and I missed it :(

Think I might just have myself committed and end the madness :surrender:

v1sav1s
08-06-2013, 02:38 PM
How're they gonna differentiate the 1st ed with the 2nd?

Not sure if I want this though... I haven't played the game yet and it's just a naked lady on a bottle. Reminds me of the ones they sell at disneyland (if theirs had topless devils :p). :wave:

amb6883
08-06-2013, 02:46 PM
How're they gonna differentiate the 1st ed with the 2nd?

Not sure if I want this though... I haven't played the game yet and it's just a naked lady on a bottle. Reminds me of the ones they sell at disneyland. :wave:

No numbers but I got a pen for that. :shrug:

Clusks
08-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Gah, I really want one of these, but it's so much money, especially since I've just bought a holiday to Barcelona =(

blingaling
08-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Gah, I really want one of these, but it's so much money, especially since I've just bought a holiday to Barcelona =(

Enjoying life > collecting stuff.

I don't think they will run out of these. And if they do I'm pretty sure they will just make more.

vhal_x
08-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Know the feeling Clusks, too many things in the budget :haha: I can't wait till the day I win the lottery (as if!) :rotf: xx

Clusks
08-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I got excited the other week when I put Euro Millions on and got an Email a day after it happened saying I was a winner. 2 numbers - ?2.70 win! So there was a few seconds of excitement at least.

Actually, I think my holiday to Barcelona cost less than the vigor, haha. Definitely less than the signed one.

Matt16
08-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, I'm confused :scratch:
Decided to definitely cancel the order and received a cancellation email from Irrational. Two minutes ago I received a shipping confirmation from them and the paypal payment only says Pending instead of complete like it usually does :think:

Holiday to Barca is better and like blingaling said they'll end up making more.

SwiftDeath
08-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Decided to definitely cancel the order and received a cancellation email from Irrational. Two minutes ago I received a shipping confirmation from them and the paypal payment only says Pending instead of complete like it usually does :think:

Last thing I bought off of irrational store had weird paypal stuff

They actually refunded my purchase at one point only to ask for it back at a later point

It was odd to say the least

vhal_x
08-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Holiday to Barca is better and like blingaling said they'll end up making more.

Is there tracking info? If not, could be just a false shipping notice. If they have actually shipped it though, you'll probably have to ship it back to get the refund.

Payments in paypal sometimes still say pending after an item has been shipped if it's a high value item I've found, as they sometimes hold onto the funds and don't give it straight to the seller incase it's a scam, so it stays pending for a few days xx

SwiftDeath
08-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Is there tracking info? If not, could be just a false shipping notice. If they have actually shipped it though, you'll probably have to ship it back to get the refund.

Payments in paypal sometimes still say pending after an item has been shipped if it's a high value item I've found, as they sometimes hold onto the funds and don't give it straight to the seller incase it's a scam, so it stays pending for a few days xx

I should've mentioned in my previous post the weirdest part of my paypal experience with irrational

They actually shipped the item, then refunded the paypal, then I received it

Then waited a week and nothing

Then a week later requested the money, then paypal gave them the money

It was as I said strange

Matt16
08-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah I've checked the email and there's a bloody shipping number :rant:

Ba'h that's what I get for changing my mind :(

That is weird detective :scratch: Sounds like irrational maybe a bit........................wait for it..........................keep waiting.............................irrational :lmao: my god, I'm funny :lol:

SwiftDeath
08-06-2013, 09:30 PM
That is weird detective :scratch: Sounds like irrational maybe a bit........................wait for it..........................keep waiting.............................irrational :lmao: my god, I'm funny :lol:

:tumbleweed:

Nah it does suck though if it really got shipped that quick

MortalMonday
08-06-2013, 09:32 PM
I think the big reason why these types of situations occur is because Irrational is extremely quick at shipping stuff. They literally ship out items within just a handful of hours of the order being placed. They leave no time for people to change their minds.

blingaling
08-07-2013, 04:43 PM
I think the big reason why these types of situations occur is because Irrational is extremely quick at shipping stuff. They literally ship out items within just a handful of hours of the order being placed. They leave no time for people to change their minds.

Very quick! I should have mine tomorrow.

MortalMonday
08-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I should have mine today! :O

blingaling
08-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I should have mine today! :O
http://i41.tinypic.com/icnrpd.jpg

SwiftDeath
08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Bought an unsigned

Payed $2 extra to have it shipped by USPS

Don't trust UPS with fragile stuff

Especially ground service

MortalMonday
08-08-2013, 02:20 AM
I actually did get the bottle today. It's quite a lovely sculpt. No liquid in it this time.
I might take some better pics later. These'll have to do for now. How they're OK.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC04035111.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC0393444.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC04030.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC04006.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC040181.jpg

toxicatom5
08-08-2013, 02:38 AM
Looks sweet next to the MOC! Much more of a pure red that it looked online. Noticed they didn't mention the liquid fill which is too bad, that is definitely one of the neatest features of the MOC -- just makes it feel that much more realistic.

SwiftDeath
08-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Very very nice mortal

Thanks for the pics

Do wish it had liquid though

Madigan
08-08-2013, 03:09 AM
What's inside the MoC? water?

MortalMonday
08-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Yeah, water.

Boinkzoink
08-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Thank you for the pics Mortalmonday! It actually looks better now that I am able to get a more "complete" look at it from different angles. But i do feel disappointed that it has no liquid in it, like the MOC.

Does it feel solid in hand or or is the sculpted part fragile?

Argh! Can't wait for mine, which is on it's way! =D

toxicatom5
08-08-2013, 03:32 AM
What's inside the MoC? water?

It contains a proven deterrent against hooligans.

MortalMonday
08-08-2013, 03:40 AM
The Devil's Kiss bottle has a great deal of weight to it. It feels solid as a rock, just like the MoC bottle. I'm sure the horns and flame are fragile though. They might easily snap off if you're not careful. Definitely don't play with this thing. Just set it in a nice safe shelf, and it should be fine.

amb6883
08-08-2013, 04:21 AM
I do not really collect bioshock, but really like this and if it was not for the first edition bullshit I would be all over it.

Deathhound
08-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the pic, Mortal. It does look awesome!

blingaling
08-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Way cool pictures Mortal. Looks great next to the MoC.
Thanks for taking the time to post those up :)

flatout
08-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Looks great Mortal... had a laugh at the marking on the images though (all those eBay listings). Did you see the Bioshock Infinite PK charity listing on eBay? Also has you pics on it.

I do have a question though... lets say after a another round of these (or maybe more) is it worth $350 by itself without it being numbered?

OneLetter
08-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey all - I'm J Goldberg, Community Manager for Irrational Games (I can confirm my name via Twitter or email if you'd like - @OneLetter), but I wanted to stop in and answer a few of the questions I've seen pop up regarding the DK bottles.

- Why did the MoC bottles contain water, yet the DK bottles do not?

This purely comes down to Customs. Having a 100% sealed container with a mysterious liquid inside (it's actually just plain old water), is a really tough thing to get through Customs if we wanted to ship these all over the world. Sometimes they breeze right through, but other times it can take months, and this allows our fans to get their bottles very quick.

- Why are the DK bottles listed as "First Edition"?

To put it bluntly, it's because we have no idea what the demand is for these. There's only been one other bottle on the market before this, and that was in a VERY limited capacity. If there's a bunch of fans out there that really want this bottle, and we managed to sell through all 500 super fast (and there was still a non-ebay market for them), this leaves the door open for us to do a second run, and please those fans, without them paying a ridiculous amount in the second-hand market.

- Why is the signature on the front?

This was not an easy decision, but it's mainly because on a handful of the bottles, the numbering on the bottom (done by our manufacturer) took up almost the entire underside, with no room left for a signature. Due to that, we made the call to put all the signatures on the front for consistency and so there would be no surprises or squashed signatures.

The Devil's Kiss bottle has a great deal of weight to it. It feels solid as a rock, just like the MoC bottle. I'm sure the horns and flame are fragile though. They might easily snap off if you're not careful. Definitely don't play with this thing. Just set it in a nice safe shelf, and it should be fine.

This is one of the reasons we specifically state "Not a toy" in the description. Some of them are rock solid though, as we carried one around by the flame for a few minutes just to test the strength. Please DO NOT do this with your bottle. That particular bottle was fine, but it is a different material than the rest of the bottle, so do be careful. :)

I'll be around these forums now and again trying to answer questions, but feel free to reach out to me on Twitter if you have any questions ever regarding the IG Store.

asiak75
08-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up...but I still have my reservations in getting one due to the price thinking that a signature cannot be 250$ worth...
Is it not a bit over the top?

chemgear
08-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Hey all - I'm J Goldberg, Community Manager for Irrational Games (I can confirm my name via Twitter or email if you'd like - @OneLetter), but I wanted to stop in and answer a few of the questions I've seen pop up regarding the DK bottles.

Cool, thanks for taking the time to post and respond here. Appreciate the efforts! :thumb:

Crimson_Dragon92
08-08-2013, 03:56 PM

- Why did the MoC bottles contain water, yet the DK bottles do not?

This purely comes down to Customs. Having a 100% sealed container with a mysterious liquid inside (it's actually just plain old water), is a really tough thing to get through Customs if we wanted to ship these all over the world. Sometimes they breeze right through, but other times it can take months, and this allows our fans to get their bottles very quick.

- Why are the DK bottles listed as "First Edition"?

To put it bluntly, it's because we have no idea what the demand is for these. There's only been one other bottle on the market before this, and that was in a VERY limited capacity. If there's a bunch of fans out there that really want this bottle, and we managed to sell through all 500 super fast (and there was still a non-ebay market for them), this leaves the door open for us to do a second run, and please those fans, without them paying a ridiculous amount in the second-hand market.

- Why is the signature on the front?

This was not an easy decision, but it's mainly because on a handful of the bottles, the numbering on the bottom (done by our manufacturer) took up almost the entire underside, with no room left for a signature. Due to that, we made the call to put all the signatures on the front for consistency and so there would be no surprises or squashed signatures.

This is one of the reasons we specifically state "Not a toy" in the description. Some of them are rock solid though, as we carried one around by the flame for a few minutes just to test the strength. Please DO NOT do this with your bottle. That particular bottle was fine, but it is a different material than the rest of the bottle, so do be careful. :)

I'll be around these forums now and again trying to answer questions, but feel free to reach out to me on Twitter if you have any questions ever regarding the IG Store.

Thank you for all the info! ^_^

Do you know if there will be a second run of MoC vigor bottle?
Preferably a replica that doesnt cost an arm and a leg like the others seem to.

flatout
08-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the post OneLetter.

Does part of your post mean if there is a second run they will be cheaper?

vhal_x
08-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions, it's great when companies actually care to talk to fans about their items :)

Since there is possibly going to be a second edition of these, will those be unnumbered, or made from a different material, to differentiate them from the first run?

Also, do the non-signed first run ones include a COA?

And lastly, since a second run is possible on these, will a second run of MoC vigors be considered? Or will that be vetoed since they didn't have "first run" in their original description? xx

OneLetter
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up...but I still have my reservations in getting one due to the price thinking that a signature cannot be 250$ worth...
Is it not a bit over the top?

I can't comment on the direct price, since I am not the one that sets it, however, this is why we have both the signed and unsigned options. The signed are extremely limited to just 50 pieces, and each comes with the signed certificate of authenticity. We've seen an increasing demand for signed work in the IG Store, which is why you've all seen a few different pieces come online in the past few weeks. We're certainly looking at all the feedback though.

Cool, thanks for taking the time to post and respond here. Appreciate the efforts! :thumb:

I had meant to register here a while ago, but with the recent DLC launch, I had to put this on the backburner, so I apologize for not coming in sooner.

Thank you for all the info! ^_^

Do you know if there will be a second run of MoC vigor bottle?
Preferably a replica that doesnt cost an arm and a leg like the others seem to.
Serious question - What are you thinking in terms of size / price / materials? Our team, and our manufacturer, put a lot of time into sculpting these bottles (multiple iterations) to ensure they're the proper dimensions and have the right real-world feel compared to in-game.

We're always looking at new merchandise (and have a few more surprises we're working on right now), but I'd be interested to hear opinions, since like I said earlier, this is only our second time making a bottle.

Thanks for the post OneLetter.

Does part of your post mean if there is a second run they will be cheaper?

No idea to be honest. There would need to be some sort of indication they were a second run, and we would not want to have them confused with the first edition if possible.

Hi :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions, it's great when companies actually care to talk to fans about their items :)

Since there is possibly going to be a second edition of these, will those be unnumbered, or made from a different material, to differentiate them from the first run?

Also, do the non-signed first run ones include a COA?

And lastly, since a second run is possible on these, will a second run of MoC vigors be considered? Or will that be vetoed since they didn't have "first run" in their original description? xx

As stated above, unsure regarding the second edition at this time. It's too early to tell, but we'd certainly want to figure something out.

The unsigned DK bottles do not come with a certificate.

I doubt we'll ever do a second run of the MoC bottles. It's much better to make new vigor bottles (or other merch) and let those have their special spotlight.

Crimson_Dragon92
08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I can't comment on the direct price, since I am not the one that sets it, however, this is why we have both the signed and unsigned options. The signed are extremely limited to just 50 pieces, and each comes with the signed certificate of authenticity. We've seen an increasing demand for signed work in the IG Store, which is why you've all seen a few different pieces come online in the past few weeks. We're certainly looking at all the feedback though.

I had meant to register here a while ago, but with the recent DLC launch, I had to put this on the backburner, so I apologize for not coming in sooner.

Serious question - What are you thinking in terms of size / price / materials? Our team, and our manufacturer, put a lot of time into sculpting these bottles (multiple iterations) to ensure they're the proper dimensions and have the right real-world feel compared to in-game.

We're always looking at new merchandise (and have a few more surprises we're working on right now), but I'd be interested to hear opinions, since like I said earlier, this is only our second time making a bottle.

No idea to be honest. There would need to be some sort of indication they were a second run, and we would not want to have them confused with the first edition if possible.

As stated above, unsure regarding the second edition at this time. It's too early to tell, but we'd certainly want to figure something out.

The unsigned DK bottles do not come with a certificate.

I doubt we'll ever do a second run of the MoC bottles. It's much better to make new vigor bottles (or other merch) and let those have their special spotlight.

I would really enjoy some cheaper bottles. Made of less quality material of course. I think the vigor bottles are something that many Bioshock fans want, but at the average price of $350 - 500 a bottle, that cuts down who can actually own them. I would not mind seeing some made of a lesser material. If I had the money then I would collect the whole set, but I simply cannot afford ones from this line.

I just feel like Bioshock is ripe for good merchandise but sadly there is very little in the store or it is super limited and expensive. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Other than cheaper quality vigor bottles I would suggest limited lithographs/giclees like you see in various treehouse brand stores.

A shame there wont be a 2nd run of MoC.

Boinkzoink
08-08-2013, 04:35 PM

Hi OneLetter, it is really assuring to have you answering our doubts "in person", so thank you for your efforts!

But.. about the MoC bottles... No second run is being planned for such a popular item? :nosleep: By offering another run of the MOC bottle for the fans, it would greatly help to diffuse the ridiculous eBay prices..

So.. Do consider another run for the fans! No matter how small it is. :beg:

Also, will the IG store consider cheaper alternatives for shipping internationally? The shipping charges to Singapore costs me USD$150+ for the DC bottle, which frankly, is kind of crippling..

Thank you for your time! :wave:

bazzaffc
[QUOTE=
We're always looking at new merchandise (and have a few more surprises we're working on right now)[/QUOTE]

Oh that's interesting, any clues you can give us to what you might be working on?

As you are here as well do you have any idea why the bucking bronco poster was limited to 300 and now just appears to be a free run without any mention??

Thanks for answering some of the questions!!

SwiftDeath

Thanks for coming on here to comment

Who is responsible for the price setting?

Was it a general team decision then to start pricing the signature limited editions at such an incredible mark-up?

I only own one or two of the limited prints but already feel such a fatigue in collecting them

Having Ken sign pretty much every item you guys release to create a more expensive version of that item wouldn't be so bad if the markup wasn't so very very much

I mean you have greater than a 70% mark-up on an already 350 USD item

Does that not seem high to you?

Seeing the price differentials really turns me off from buying things in the store

I just feel it's such a lazy and uncreative way to make a more limited edition but I suppose that's my opinion

Boinkzoink
08-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Was it a general team decision then to start pricing the signature limited editions at such an incredible mark-up?

I only own one or two of the limited prints but already feel such a fatigue in collecting them

Having Ken sign pretty much every item you guys release to create a more expensive version of that item wouldn't be so bad if the markup wasn't so very very much

Seeing the price differentials really turns me off from buying things in the store

I just feel it's such a lazy and uncreative way to make a more limited edition but I suppose that's my opinion

Is there a "Like" button somewhere? I agree with Swiftdeath. Having so many autographed items available just seemed to diminish the value of his signature..

My suggestion would be to include some subtle differences between the Limited and Normal editions. That will really help justify the costly mark-up I think.

OneLetter
08-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Also, will the IG store consider cheaper alternatives for shipping internationally? The shipping charges to Singapore costs me USD$150+ for the DC bottle, which frankly, is kind of crippling..

Thank you for your time! :wave:
This is something that we're always trying to reduce, because I feel bad about how high they can be sometimes. To be fair though, our shipping costs cover all VAT/Customs/hidden fees, so this way, it just arrives at your door and there's no fuss.

As you may have seen, a few months ago we got shipping down to just $1.99 for the US, and that also brought reduced shipping prices to the rest of the world. We're hoping to bring them down even more in the future, but it's quite the task since each individual country has to be considered.

Oh that's interesting, any clues you can give us to what you might be working on?

As you are here as well do you have any idea why the bucking bronco poster was limited to 300 and now just appears to be a free run without any mention??

Thanks for answering some of the questions!!

No clues just yet, but hopefully I can give you all a sneak peek in the future.

I actually saw the complaints about the Bucking Bronco poster on here a few weeks ago and looked into it. Somehow, the part of the description detailing it was limited to 300 was removed. I checked on our inventory, and there are still some in the warehouse, and we should have the updated description back up in the store soon. These are still the same initial run of 300, and we will not be doing a second run once those 300 are gone.

First off, thank you for the feedback. Signed items are still somewhat new to us. Currently, our newest items have been based around demand, since we've had a lot of fans asking specifically for these items, and asking for more signed merchandise. We also know not everyone wants a signature, or wants to pay for it, which is why our recent items come in both varieties.

As I said earlier, I'm not going to comment specifically on the pricing, but I'll be sure to compile all of the feedback here and present it with regard to any new items.

My suggestion would be to include some subtle differences between the Limited and Normal editions. That will really help justify the costly mark-up I think.

Isn't the signature, individual numbering, and certificate of authenticity a subtle difference? I'm not sure what sort of difference you would be looking for when it comes to a poster / print / litho / etc. Would you want a bigger size? Different cropping?

vhal_x
08-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Wow, I didn't realise that your shipping costs covered customs fees, that's great! I avoid a lot of international stores through fear of customs charges, so that's great to know :D xx

bazzaffc
08-08-2013, 05:04 PM
No clues just yet, but hopefully I can give you all a sneak peek in the future.

I actually saw the complaints about the Bucking Bronco poster on here a few weeks ago and looked into it. Somehow, the part of the description detailing it was limited to 300 was removed. I checked on our inventory, and there are still some in the warehouse, and we should have the updated description back up in the store soon. These are still the same initial run of 300, and we will not be doing a second run once those 300 are gone.

That's great to hear would have been a shame if more were just produced, I have just checked the website and it still doesn't have the limited to 300 just so you are aware!

I personally don't mind the signed items yes they are a lot more expensive but I think its the limited edition that makes it worth more ie limited to 50!

Sorry to keep with loads of questions but do you know is the plushie is limited to a certain number/run etc?

Thanks again!

Boinkzoink
08-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Isn't the signature, individual numbering, and certificate of authenticity a subtle difference? I'm not sure what sort of difference you would be looking for when it comes to a poster / print / litho / etc. Would you want a bigger size? Different cropping?

Appreciate your prompt replies, and your help to clarify so many doubts! Its reassuring to know that the Bronco posters are not simply a re-run, and that your shipping prices do include custom charges. Power to IG Store for those! :clap:

About the subtle differences, it can be something as minor as small paintjob differences for larger scale models, or maybe different materials used for the Limited Edition posters and screenprints. I think different sizes for the 2nd runs will be good to differentiate between the editions too.

Anyway,these are just some ideas or suggestions for future items, so that the Limited Edition stuff aren't just restricted to either "Autographed" or "Non-Autographed". :shades:

Thank you once again for answering our doubts! :bananayes:

amb6883
08-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Isn't the signature, individual numbering, and certificate of authenticity a subtle difference? I'm not sure what sort of difference you would be looking for when it comes to a poster / print / litho / etc.

Not really. It just a signed print that you are charging a lot more for.

Would you want a bigger size? Different cropping?

At the very least, but ideally the image would not be released in any other format and would help justify the price increase. I am sure that you guys have plenty of other art you could release as open editions and keep the signed prints as limited editions.

Thanks for taking the time to address some of our concerns.

Madigan
08-08-2013, 05:33 PM
OneLetter, since you are the community manager for irrational games, remember to send a pm to the admin so he changes the color of your nick and other members can identify you as a vip and not just a regular user.

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/member.php?u=3

OneLetter
08-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Sorry to keep with loads of questions but do you know is the plushie is limited to a certain number/run etc?

Thanks again!
It's not really limited, since the demand for it was so high, but that's why we started with pre-orders early on. I have one sitting on my desk next to me (literally the first one off of the production line), and I'm super impressed with the results.

We always try to put "Limited" in the description if we have no plans to do another run so as not to deceive.

*Suggestions here*
Thanks for the feedback, I'll certainly add those to my list. :)

*Suggestions here*
As with above, thanks for the feedback. It's great to hear this from all of you, and we'll certainly look into these suggestions moving forward.

OneLetter, since you are the community manager for irrational games, remember to send a pm to the admin so he changes the color of your nick and other members can identify you as a vip and not just a regular user.

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/member.php?u=3

I didn't know this was a thing, but I'll certainly reach out, even though I don't consider myself a VIP at all.

blingaling
08-08-2013, 06:45 PM
I started writing this long post about signature pricing and secondary markets but then I thought; "what the heck do I know?" and deleted it. I do know that I won't personally be buying anymore signed items at this markup.

Haha yeah that was mostly me, good to know it was just an issue of semantics. It's a great print.
Incidentally, you may just want to open a new thread for general comments/suggestions as this one has kind of gone off the rails.

At this price point I would buy every last vigor bottle that you guys can crank out at this level of quality.

MortalMonday
08-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey OneLetter,

Thanks for joining the community here and answering so many questions.

I want to give you my opinion of the "first edition" idea for the Devil's Kiss bottles.
Simply put, I don't like it. In fact, I hate it.

In my opinion, the vigor bottles are special collectibles that deserve to be limited to a single run. The retail prices ($350-$600 for Devil's Kiss, $500 for Murder of Crows) reflect the fact that these are special items.

What's the point of numbering the DK bottles individually out of 500, if you're just gonna keep making more? If you number them up to 500, then actually mean it and only make 500 identical pieces. If you say there are only 400 Murder of Crows bottles, then honor that commitment (and yes, Irrational did specifically say that those bottles were limited to a single run of 400 total bottles.)

If you're gonna keep making the DK bottles, then at least make the next run different somehow. Maybe make them out of PVC plastic, and sell them at a reduced cost. That way, at least the folks that bought a first run statue at least feel like they have something special.

OneLetter
08-08-2013, 07:37 PM
I started writing this long post about signature pricing and secondary markets but then I thought; "what the heck do I know?" and deleted it. I do know that I won't personally be buying anymore signed items at this markup. .

Feel free to PM me what you were going to post if you saved a draft. I will honestly read every piece of feedback all of you send my way and discuss it with the team here.

If you're gonna keep making the DK bottles, then at least make the next run different somehow. Maybe make them out of PVC plastic, and sell them at a reduced cost. That way, at least the folks that bought a first run statue at least feel like they have something special.

Appreciate the feedback. I agree that there should be some sort of distinction, other than numbering, if there ever will be a second edition. They've been in the store less than a week at this point, and as I said, we put first edition just to cover ourselves if the demand was much higher than we expected.

On a 100% personal note (nothing to do with Irrational), I dislike seeing a few of the bottles up on ebay with a markup already considering we still have them in stock. I really hope nobody pulls the triggers on those. At the end of the day though, once you've purchased it from our store, you're free to do with it what you want, as long as you're not using it as a mold to make more bottles. :P

bbki
08-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi Oneletter

Maybe I'm only one but I'm agree with your move on your Merchandise.

It's giving more chance for a real fan to own it rather than reseller buying in bulk and resell for more profit on ebay.

I'd be happy to giving out my money to Irrational Store rather than those people as long as the quality is matching your price...

As for me I hope you could considered do a Vinyl press for your original music in the game would be awesome.

Mono is the best

amb6883
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Hi Oneletter

Maybe I'm only one but I'm agree with your move on your Merchandise.

It's giving more chance for a real fan to own it rather than reseller buying in bulk and resell for more profit on ebay.

I'd be happy to giving out my money to Irrational Store rather than those people as long as the quality is matching your price...

As for me I hope you could considered do a Vinyl press for your original music in the game would be awesome.

Mono is the best

They need to stop marketing them as collectors items then.

ingmar1988
08-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Awesome to see someone from irrational join the forum! Hope you can be as valuable and active as ryan from treehouse. I will see if you can get a special tag :)

Stevo
08-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Oneletter just sent you a pm mate, had a bit of an issue with ordering one of these and not sure if its my end or yours. if you could check over it would be great.

regards

Steve

MortalMonday
08-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Hey OneLetter,

Is the "Possession" lithograph a limited edition item? Is it numbered? Thanks.

amb6883
08-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Hey OneLetter,

Also is the Bucking Bronco print really a screen print (not cmyk)?

MortalMonday
08-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Bucking Bronco is a screenprint for sure. I have it.

amb6883
08-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Bucking Bronco is a screenprint for sure. I have it.

I was wondering if it was a true color seperation.

MortalMonday
08-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Oh, well now you're blowing my mind. I didn't even know anything about that.

HIPPEEDUDE
08-09-2013, 05:05 AM
This is something that we're always trying to reduce, because I feel bad about how high they can be sometimes. To be fair though, our shipping costs cover all VAT/Customs/hidden fees, so this way, it just arrives at your door and there's no fuss.

As you may have seen, a few months ago we got shipping down to just $1.99 for the US, and that also brought reduced shipping prices to the rest of the world. We're hoping to bring them down even more in the future, but it's quite the task since each individual country has to be considered.

Its all well & good to cover all the VAT/Customs charges within the cost of shipping but not all places have any of those fees in place. Would it not be easy enough to have an option in place at checkout to select wether these sorts of charges apply to your region thereby reducing the shipping cost. Here in Australia there is no VAT or customs charges for anything under AU$1000 so it kind of stinks to have to pay these costs to you when they arent applicable.

As an example the shipping for the Songbird Plushie to me is more than the item actually costs so its hard to justify buying it

Madigan
08-09-2013, 06:27 AM
I agree with HIPPEEDUDE. The added VAT/Customs/hidden fees is totally unnecessary, sometimes I don't have to pay the fee because they are not going to waste space holding a little package, even if it's a big one. It's luck.

And the added vat you pay on the irrational store means nothing in front of the customs agent and makes things worse.

OneLetter
08-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Oneletter just sent you a pm mate, had a bit of an issue with ordering one of these and not sure if its my end or yours. if you could check over it would be great.

regards

Steve
Replied.

As a general rule for everyone (not calling you out here, I've just received a few similar PM's), please file a support ticket with 2K for any issues you may have with the store / order updates. They are generally quick to respond, and are helpful.

If you do not hear from them for a few days, then feel free to reach out to me via PM and we'll see what I can do, but they're setup to handle these sorts of requests. :)

Hey OneLetter,

That particular lithograph is not a LE or numbered.

I was wondering if it was a true color seperation.
That print was made before my time at Irrational, but I'll see if I can find out for you. I'll need to see if I can track down which printing company we used for it.

Its all well & good to cover all the VAT/Customs charges within the cost of shipping but not all places have any of those fees in place. Would it not be easy enough to have an option in place at checkout to select wether these sorts of charges apply to your region thereby reducing the shipping cost. Here in Australia there is no VAT or customs charges for anything under AU$1000 so it kind of stinks to have to pay these costs to you when they arent applicable.

As an example the shipping for the Songbird Plushie to me is more than the item actually costs so its hard to justify buying it
I'm fairly certain that the fees charged are on a per country basis, but I'll of course follow up and try to get more specifics on this. The problem with allowing customers to select manually, is that the majority of people have no idea what is applicable and what isn't, and could result in headaches when fees suddenly appear.

As I stated earlier, we are working on more ways to reduce shipping charges throughout the world, since I agree they are quite high at the moment if you're outside the US.

--------

Side note - We should probably keep this thread on topic to just the DK Bottle. I can always jump into other Irrational threads for more questions / discussion. I saw this one (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10982), but wasn't sure if there was a more general one for the store. :)

blingaling
08-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Got my bottle yesterday and it did not disappoint!
I'll try to get some pics up too, but please don't expect anything as good as Mortal's.

Also: I put up a little opinion post in the Irrational Store general thread to try and move some of that discussion away from this one. Please check it out :)

Boinkzoink
08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/Boinkzoink/Bioshock%20Collection/P1000098_zps11ed55b4.jpg

My DK bottle arrived today! The sculpt is impressive and it feels really solid. Plus I'm really glad that the paint-job is well-done as well, as this is one area in statues that I tend to nitpick the most. :clap:

The overall quality did not disappoint, although I do wish that they could have packed it in a nicer looking box (given the steep price).. :shrug:

ingmar1988
08-12-2013, 03:55 PM
looks great, but i would only want it if i already had the MoC bottle.

tsquared44
08-13-2013, 03:55 AM
Just got mine today. Have to say, what a beautiful piece. I wanted to state that I recieved number 403 and it was a signed version. I believe they numbered and had ken sign them in random order based on when people bought one. I think they will be sold out very soon considering 403

MortalMonday
08-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Hopefully OneLetter can chime in and tells us how well she's selling.

vhal_x
08-13-2013, 10:58 AM
I doubt they'll do the signed ones as and when they're ordered. I imagine that once they numbered all of them, they randomly selected 50 from the batch, and signed them. If they were to just sign them when ordered, then there could possibly be not enough left to sign when it gets down to it.

So I think non-signed will be sent out in order of their number, and signed will be randomly chosen from their batch upon order (since their numbers aren't in succession) xx

Madigan
08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
That sucks, I mean if you're paying $600 at least sign them from 1 to 50 and not randomly.

SwiftDeath
08-13-2013, 06:42 PM
What does it say on the COA then?

Is that numbered out of 50?

Or is it literally 403 out of 500 on that too?

Seems odd

flatout
08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
I've got to say it.... the devil's kiss logo on the side of the bottle looks amazingly out of place on a real world replica. You can even see how they were forced to air brush the edges of it becasue they thought so as well.

Anyone else?

Stevo
08-15-2013, 12:30 AM
I think it looks awesome.

very happy with it and am hoping there are more down the line =)

flatout
08-15-2013, 12:56 AM
I think it looks awesome.

very happy with it and am hoping there are more down the line =)

It definitely looks really good overall for sure. Glad you like yours.

MortalMonday
08-15-2013, 01:02 AM
It does look kind of odd with the cartoony label on it, but I still think it looks fine. It doesn't really bother me. I suppose it would've been nice if they did "real world" art for the label, like they did for the MoC bottle.

flatout
08-15-2013, 01:10 AM
It does look kind of odd with the cartoony label on it, but I still think it looks fine. It doesn't really bother me. I suppose it would've been nice if they did "real world" art for the label, like they did for the MoC bottle.

I agree... that is exactly what I was saying. Just doesn't quite fit.

But the rest of the bottle loos great for sure.

Boinkzoink
08-15-2013, 05:44 PM
The signed DK bottles seemed to be sold out. The option to purchase it is no longer available.. It moved faster than I expected..

Update: Dang, I was wrong. It came back... =/

amb6883
08-15-2013, 05:50 PM
But they did finally change the description on the Bronco print. It is limited!

bazzaffc
08-15-2013, 10:12 PM
But they did finally change the description on the Bronco print. It is limited!

Am pleased they finally updated this!

amb6883
08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
The signed DK bottles seemed to be sold out. The option to purchase it is no longer available.. It moved faster than I expected..

Update: Dang, I was wrong. It came back... =/

It's OOS now.

Boinkzoink
08-19-2013, 03:44 PM
It's OOS now.

Yeah, it does appear to be OOS again. Maybe for real this time. Haha..

flatout
08-19-2013, 08:53 PM
It's OOS now.

Saw that yesterday, actually took longer then expected.

LadyJ
08-19-2013, 10:17 PM
I purchased one yesterday and... ooo... it hurt. My fiance is an avid collector of all things video game though from the Skylanders (yes... all of the Skylanders..$$$$$$) to each and every Assassins Creed figurine (including the sweet Tomahawk- not the cosplay one!) - so much so that we are running out of shelf space in our living room to put things! We do have a special place though for all of the BioShock stuff that he has including the vigor posters, artwork, and the statues.

When I purchased the concept "Columbia" statue for him at over $100 for our anniversary (Hey, the thing is cool but it would be better if it had some angel wings...) he loved it - but I still had a hard time forking over the dough to boost his collection...

and here I am ... doing it again only at a much higher rate.. still can't believe I bought it but I know him... and I know he is going to flip out. It may be the ONLY Christmas present he gets... for the next 10 years (jk..) but he's going to love it.

These are awesome - and I don't mind every once in a while dumping so much money on something he is going to love for the rest of his life (Monetary value aside, he is going to LOVE having this in his collection forever - doesn't matter if in 5 years it's not worth the cardboard it was packed in) but..

always a but...

Every business is in it to make money... wouldn't it be wise to create a slightly smaller version out of more inexpesive materials and make an awesome collectible vigor bottle that is available to everyone? Not just people who have almost $400 (including shipping it was $378...) to waaaay more for a signature (which seems totally silly to me...)?

This would make your cheaper version much more obtainable thus reflecting a much bigger revenue. I'm no business expert but it seems like it makes sense to me...

Now - about the MoC vigor bottle -

Demand for this is still pretty high - Why not put out another version? Make it out of clay, plastic, anything - make it smaller or something but bring this back somehow (please!) I may not be able (you know... wedding and all..) to drop $500 or more on a vigor bottle but this is a highly sought after item. I would love to see some version of this somewhere and not just in keychain form.

I can't tell you in dollars how much we've spent on the game collectibles - and this beauty is going to look amazing on the "Bioshock" wall. ... ... now to see if I can keep this hugly expensive secret until Christmas...

:S

SwiftDeath
08-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I purchased one yesterday and... ooo... it hurt. My fiance is an avid collector of all things video game though from the Skylanders (yes... all of the Skylanders..$$$$$$) to each and every Assassins Creed figurine (including the sweet Tomahawk- not the cosplay one!) - so much so that we are running out of shelf space in our living room to put things! We do have a special place though for all of the BioShock stuff that he has including the vigor posters, artwork, and the statues.

When I purchased the concept "Columbia" statue for him at over $100 for our anniversary (Hey, the thing is cool but it would be better if it had some angel wings...) he loved it - but I still had a hard time forking over the dough to boost his collection...

and here I am ... doing it again only at a much higher rate.. still can't believe I bought it but I know him... and I know he is going to flip out. It may be the ONLY Christmas present he gets... for the next 10 years (jk..) but he's going to love it.

These are awesome - and I don't mind every once in a while dumping so much money on something he is going to love for the rest of his life (Monetary value aside, he is going to LOVE having this in his collection forever - doesn't matter if in 5 years it's not worth the cardboard it was packed in) but..

always a but...

Every business is in it to make money... wouldn't it be wise to create a slightly smaller version out of more inexpesive materials and make an awesome collectible vigor bottle that is available to everyone? Not just people who have almost $400 (including shipping it was $378...) to waaaay more for a signature (which seems totally silly to me...)?

This would make your cheaper version much more obtainable thus reflecting a much bigger revenue. I'm no business expert but it seems like it makes sense to me...

Now - about the MoC vigor bottle -

Demand for this is still pretty high - Why not put out another version? Make it out of clay, plastic, anything - make it smaller or something but bring this back somehow (please!) I may not be able (you know... wedding and all..) to drop $500 or more on a vigor bottle but this is a highly sought after item. I would love to see some version of this somewhere and not just in keychain form.

I can't tell you in dollars how much we've spent on the game collectibles - and this beauty is going to look amazing on the "Bioshock" wall. ... ... now to see if I can keep this hugly expensive secret until Christmas...

:S

Great post :thumb:

Agree with everything you said about making other versions so long as it's significantly altered/different

Also you sound like a wonderful fiance :)

I'm sure he's lucky to have you

flatout
08-19-2013, 10:24 PM
They could do one that is more in-game accurate like the Devil's Kiss bottle.

Kind of strange to have them side by side as one looks more "real world".

OneLetter
08-19-2013, 10:42 PM
They could do one that is more in-game accurate like the Devil's Kiss bottle.

Kind of strange to have them side by side as one looks more "real world".
To be fair, the original MoC bottle was game accurate at the time of design and starting bottle production, but then the design of the in-game bottle changed.

I'm glad to see all of you are happy with your bottles so far, and appreciate the feedback you've been passing along. We're certainly taking it all into consideration.

LadyJ
08-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Great post :thumb:

Agree with everything you said about making other versions so long as it's significantly altered/different

Also you sound like a wonderful fiance :)

I'm sure he's lucky to have you

Thanks!

I'd say I probably owe him... he puts up with me.

The signature thing kinda throws me, honestly... When a person is a huge fan of a sport - lets say Baseball... and they love - lets say Barry Bonds - they dump tons and tons of money collecting anything that he's touched. Signatures, old uniforms, his spit cup.. anything. Same with rock stars - "This gum was once chewed by Cher!" on sale on eBay for $700 (or something ridiculous...)

Fiance says he created Bioshock - therefore he is a genius (and I completely agree with him!) - but... I would say his signature is only really a valuable thing if you're a huge fan of Ken Levine. Sure the guy is awesome but so is toast. (not that I am comparing his creative genius against toast... although both are pretty swell...) Maybe I'm just a girl and I don't get it but to me, if you're collecting because you love the game, you're not going to want one that has been scribbled on - you're going to want something that looks like it came straight from the game and not from a catalogue of colletible items.

I wonder if Ken gets a cut of that huge mark-up... hmmm...

flatout
08-19-2013, 11:10 PM
To be fair, the original MoC bottle was game accurate at the time of design and starting bottle production, but then the design of the in-game bottle changed.

I'm glad to see all of you are happy with your bottles so far, and appreciate the feedback you've been passing along. We're certainly taking it all into consideration.

I knew that the in-game model changed and that it was accurate back then. Actually from what we can tell the entire game changed within that time. Most of the things in the old trailers didn't exist in the final product or if they did they were in a completely different scene and or context.

I assume the push to more cartoon-ish icons was to make them more in line with Bioshock 1 and to make them more distinguishable when choosing vigors from the wheel.

Stevo
08-20-2013, 12:01 AM
not sure i would want another edition making (and im saying this as someone who missed out on the MOC and will be looking to add this at some point) It kind of takes away the special feeling of owning one

i would like the rest of the set making for sure.

LadyJ
08-20-2013, 12:27 AM
I've been saying since I first experienced the game the day it was released that they need to make these Vigor bottles for people to collect them.. Just wish they were more attainable by the average person without them having to put off their car payment.

We got through the game by using MoC and Devils Kiss together - and it was awesome... and I'm so (so so so so!) sad I couldn't get the bottle for MoC ... it's the favorite of the vigors and alas, I dont think a paper mache version would hold the same enthusiasm... :nea:

On the bright side, I am really looking forward to the rest of the vigor bottles - even if I can't get the MoC, we still have the keychain...Not saying that it's a sure thing that they're coming out but... a girl can dream...

Maybe make a smaller version and sell them as a set? Have the great big amazing ones for serious collectors (like most of the people here...) but a smaller version, 2/3 the size made out of less expensive materials and sold for $250 as a set? I'd buy one for my fiance and one for each of his nerdy (but lovable) gamer brothers! (just sayin!)

Stevo
08-20-2013, 01:00 AM
That could be good, having a smaller set of them all and keeping a limited large one of each?

LadyJ
08-20-2013, 04:28 AM
I'm just not sure the average collector is going to be able to afford all of them (if they all come out) at 350-600$ a pop. Making a smaller version and selling them together as a set would open the market to a lot more people- the amazing ones would still be amazing and expensive and people would still buy them but the less expensive set would also be available to a wider variety of gamers.

Even if you're not a fan of the game, these are still an awesome thing to have in your collection.

v1sav1s
08-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Chocolate replicas would be nice (real size and miniatures). Imagine chewing on the sultry black/brown goodness with more fudge lava on the inside, waffers, fruits... Etc. Collectibles never tasted so good.

OneLetter
08-20-2013, 03:11 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7mhgqxcip1qc073co1_r1_400.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7mgy196PJ1qc073co1_400.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

vhal_x
08-20-2013, 03:17 PM
As long as each one is released seperately, and quite far apart (at least 2 months, I'd say), then it would probably be possible for people who want them to get them all. However, a little bit more notice would be best, since it means people would know they need to get money together. (Even if you don't show off pictures, or anything, just say "another vigor is going up on -date-, so be ready")

I'm definitely in agreement of a smaller, less fancy set to be sold all together. I'd definitely pay up to $250 for that! xx

LadyJ
08-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Chocolate replicas would be nice (real size and miniatures). Imagine chewing on the sultry black/brown goodness with more fudge lava on the inside, waffers, fruits... Etc. Collectibles never tasted so good.

Omg I'm drooling... That'd be one heck of a valentines day... mmmmm dark delicious vigor... mmmm

If you're seriously looking into this, OneLetter (and you should... make all the gamer women of the world happy, DOOO EET!) may I suggest a white chocolate undertow? mmmmmmmmmm

LadyJ
08-20-2013, 06:02 PM
My brain is on a tangent with the thoughts of chocolate vigors - where are our candy makers out there! I have ideas! (run!) It is far too early in the morning to be thinking about this stuff but...

Undertow - white chocolate with those little airy bubbles in it and rice crispies
Devils Kiss - milk chocolate infused with mexican chili podwer and filled with hot cinnimon syrup
Murder of Crows - dark chocolate filled with pecans and dark chocolaty truffle goodness
Bucking Bronco - Milk chocolate filled with carmel and salty pretzle bits
Shock Jockey - Dark chocolate infused with pop rocks and filled with fudge
Charge - white and dark chocolate swirrled filled with chocolate covered espresso beans
Posession - has to be super dark dark chocolate with raspberry sauce inside
Return to Sender - milk chocolate with macadamia nuts and marshmellow inside? (Can't think of anything here that you'd wanna send back...)

Ok OneLetter - there you go! I've done all the work for you! (jk) Oh man, that would be so awesome... strickly speaking from a womans perspective, I would collect these. Over and over and over... nom.

These would be amazing on top of our game night cupcakes... mmmm

amb6883
08-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Signed Version is Back in stock. I wonder how the person who bought it at $770 today feels?

StayFree( ' 3')
08-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Signed Version is Back in stock. I wonder how the person who bought it at $770 today feels?
like a baller. :snoop:

misterunboxers
02-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Anyone else surprised that the unsigned is still in stock?

Romeo
02-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Anyone else surprised that the unsigned is still in stock?

The reason why is due to flippers and scumbags, some who are members here.

How? A piece of art goes on sale for $50, a presale a month in advance. Flipper buys several and then immediately lists them on eBay for $100. Before they even receive the product!

2K caught onto this and realized they can profit themselves so they increased the cost right up front. That eliminates the flippers potential though also alienates most customers since the product is now too expensive. All because one or two people were silly enough to pay the eBay prices.

amb6883
02-23-2014, 12:47 AM
The reason why is due to flippers and scumbags, some who are members here.

How? A piece of art goes on sale for $50, a presale a month in advance. Flipper buys several and then immediately lists them on eBay for $100. Before they even receive the product!

2K caught onto this and realized they can profit themselves so they increased the cost right up front. That eliminates the flippers potential though also alienates most customers since the product is now too expensive. All because one or two people were silly enough to pay the eBay prices.

Those flipping basterds! I had no idea that was reason 2k has a crazy pricing structure.