PDA

View Full Version : The Gamescom 2013 Exclusives, Goodies, Freebies and Promos Stuffs Thread

LowlyAssassin
08-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Yet another thread for the catologing and discussion of exclusives and stuffs available at gamsecon

vhal_x
08-19-2013, 05:34 PM
If it's anything like last year, there really won't be much to list here :haha: xx

Yarrmor
08-20-2013, 09:15 AM
You misspelled GamesCom wrong both in title and in your OP. Just sayin'...

I will be going thursday. So I'll be looking out for any possible goodies and I'll update once I'm back.

LowlyAssassin
08-20-2013, 09:40 AM
You misspelled GamesCom wrong both in title and in your OP. Just sayin'...

I will be going thursday. So I'll be looking out for any possible goodies and I'll update once I'm back.

Yep o thought it was games convention so I put games con
What does it stand for ?
games computer? Or communion? Or something else?

Yarrmor
08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Dunno. I always thought it was GamesCon too until I went to their website...

Thetof91
08-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I am not sure, but something it was like Games.com, but they just removed "." later on.. Im not sure.. But that is what I got told at some point :p

Dr_Jengo
08-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Yea i always thought it was Gamescon. Anyway, any goodies?

Yarrmor
08-22-2013, 07:38 PM
It took 4.5 hours to get in. Also no goodies afaik except some tshirts I didnt get. A dragon's prophet foam dragon claw I didnt get. And more stuff I didnt get.

Knux
08-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Surely someone has found more. I got one of those thrown T-shirts, a pair of Just Dance Green glasses, a Sam Fisher little cardboard mask, an XCOM sticker (found on the ground), a Warframe headband/bandana, a Firefall $15 voucher for in-game currency (found on the ground), and a few entries to win stuff. All these things I found in a variety of places. (and I don't speak any German)

Has anyone gotten any Riot codes for League of Legends, or found any Steam freebies? Those are my current most sought prizes. Happy Hunting!

LowlyAssassin
08-23-2013, 09:16 AM
We where mainly relying on people who where attending games com to reveal what freebiesnwhere available

Thetof91
08-23-2013, 09:17 AM
I think you will be able to get some LoL codes today :) As today the real games start :)

Yarrmor
08-23-2013, 10:34 AM
A friend told me you can use your gamescom ticket code for the lol skins.

LowlyAssassin
08-24-2013, 11:10 PM
The promo items have started hitting eBay
Nothing seems limited
In fact there seems to be an abundance of everything
But prices are still hitting 30 euro and higher when there seems more then enough for every one
Will be getting myself 3 or 4 small things and hoping not to spend a fortune on it

LowlyAssassin
08-24-2013, 11:15 PM
If anyone us attending and sees a spare ac4 bag or flag or can pick me up a pre order t shirt
I can pay for them
As I don't want to be flying my pirate flag and have its stolen :(

LowlyAssassin
08-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I've seen Xbox one t shirts and wrist bands

A few world of tanks items and for people who like flags
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/gamescom-2013-Piratenflagge-Assassins-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/sNwAAMXQAEFSF79b/$(KGrHqN,!lMFIPLDeGIsBSF79b,CL!~~60_58.JPG
Oh and a few pre order T-shirts for various ganes

StayFree( ' 3')
08-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Couldn't help noticing that 90% of the freebies to come outta gamescom is either from League, Firefall, or World of Tanks. Most of which seem to be digital items. Not saying it's a bad thing especially if you're a fan of said series', I was just hoping for a bit more.

LowlyAssassin
08-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Couldn't help noticing that 90% of the freebies to come outta gamescom is either from League, Firefall, or World of Tanks. Most of which seem to be digital items. Not saying it's a bad thing especially if you're a fan of said series', I was just hoping for a bit more.

Well there are a massive number of these digital codes appearing that is mainly because it is so easy for an attendee to take 2or 5 codes and use one and sell the rest where as a lot of the other physical things would have been harder to take duplicates of as it is at any event I guess
Well that's my thoughts
But I am seeing a range of different promo items here and there the majority/ quantity is DLC codes for world of tanks or league of legends as you said

StayFree( ' 3')
08-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Well there are a massive number of these digital codes appearing that is mainly because it is so easy for an attendee to take 2or 5 codes and use one and sell the rest where as a lot of the other physical things would have been harder to take duplicates of as it is at any event I guess
Well that's my thoughts
But I am seeing a range of different promo items here and there the majority/ quantity is DLC codes for world of tanks or league of legends as you said

That, and seeing how this is easily the largest gaming con in the world I would imagine it would be very hard for game companies to produce enough physical freebies to satisfy even a fraction of gamescom's attendees.

Romeo
08-28-2013, 03:51 AM
I've seen Xbox one t shirts and wrist bands

A few world of tanks items and for people who like flags
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/gamescom-2013-Piratenflagge-Assassins-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/sNwAAMXQAEFSF79b/$(KGrHqN,!lMFIPLDeGIsBSF79b,CL!~~60_58.JPG
Oh and a few pre order T-shirts for various ganes

Pretty cool flag, looks super thin though!