PDA

View Full Version : The Legend Of Zelda Windwaker HD Special Edition Wii U Console

Sylfaris
08-24-2013, 10:53 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1175380_10151663421959285_194836318_n.jpg

Seems to be sth. special - well the console seems to be standard *facepalm* nintendo?! Why?? D:

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/60071/zelda-windwaker-hd-trailer-outs-wii-u-zelda-special-edition

Couldn't any other evidence atm.

vhal_x
08-24-2013, 01:27 PM
The gamepad has zelda markings at the bottom? xx

Cosmic_Link
08-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Crap! >.< Another expense for the year. :( Shame it's so bland. :( Still, I promised myself a Wii U if a Zelda themed one came out. Wish they had done more with the console though.

Twisted
08-25-2013, 12:29 AM
there soo little to differentiate this from a run of the mill console..if it were painted gold or something more like the Mario 25th anniversary wii set which was red then YES it would be worth picking up..but this one flies under the radar...I still need a wii u but I will wait it out until Mario kart.

geralds
08-25-2013, 12:33 AM
sounds more like a special edition gamepad then a console as it seems only the gamepad will be any different.

kittychloe
08-25-2013, 04:42 AM
It's depressing as I already have a wii u, I really don't want a second but as an investment it might double as its zelda

Sylfaris
08-25-2013, 10:34 AM
It's depressing as I already have a wii u, I really don't want a second but as an investment it might double as its zelda

same here - the unaltered zombii u edition .... and yah thinking about buying that console too

@geralds
i really hope it's just a second gamepad otherwise --> bloody hell nintendo just make that god damnit console gold with a trifroce or black with a tri-force -_-"

/enrage off

geralds
08-26-2013, 04:40 AM
same here - the unaltered zombii u edition .... and yah thinking about buying that console too

@geralds
i really hope it's just a second gamepad otherwise --> bloody hell nintendo just make that god damnit console gold with a trifroce or black with a tri-force -_-"

/enrage off

well it seems the only way to get the special game pad is in the bundle.

oXdanXo
08-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Just ordered, got myself a bargain, an a copy of Zelda HD :)

Cosmic_Link
08-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Just ordered, got myself a bargain, an a copy of Zelda HD :)

Ordered from where? I also heard that the game that comes with the console is a digital copy and not a disk. :( Will try find the page again as I saw it on my phone. >.<

oXdanXo
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah it's a digital copy, I've got the special edition from Game for a Hard copy. The Console I ordered from Zavvi. ?240.

Cosmic_Link
08-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Ah, fair enough. :D GAME have it up for pre-order for ?250. Would much rather collect a console from a store instead of having it shipped. lol

My GF is buying me the CE as a Christmas pressie, so will still be able to play the game on a digital copy. lol

Clusks
08-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Hmmm, if it's a digital copy then I might skip this and wait for another CE console.

I really want a good excuse to get a Wii U though!

Cosmic_Link
08-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, if it's a digital copy then I might skip this and wait for another CE console.

I really want a good excuse to get a Wii U though!

lol Yeah, I was gutted to find out it was a digital copy. >.< However, that controller is a good enough excuse for me to get a Wii U! XD

SwiftDeath
08-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Hmm nintendo's policy or lack of policy on accounts means digital copies of nintendo games mean nothing to me

Will wait on a further price drop then

Or perhaps they'll get their account nonsense in order

Clusks
08-29-2013, 08:36 PM
It's weird that Nintendo actually seems to be making an effort towards encouraging people to download games from them, yet their online systems are awful, and a lot of their games come without multiplayer!

Shopto & game have it listed as "premium console black with Wind Waker". Think this will change once an official announcement comes out on this? Or is this the console?

vhal_x
08-29-2013, 08:55 PM
It has had an official announcement though, it went up on GAME moments after being announced by the Nintendo UK/The Legend of Zelda UK official Facebook pages :) I preordered it instantly :haha: xx

vhal_x
08-29-2013, 08:56 PM
I expect details will be updated within a day or two xx

Matt16
08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
The game only coming digital is a bit shitty!! Although I only want the controller but can't justify buying this just for that :lol:

Iwatasan
09-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Crap! >.< Another expense for the year. :( Shame it's so bland. :( Still, I promised myself a Wii U if a Zelda themed one came out. Wish they had done more with the console though.

Exactly this. Don't forget A Link Between Worlds is coming in November.

The console itself is going to be the 32GB black "Deluxe Set (http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/whats-in-the-box/)," which includes the Console Stand, GamePad Stand, GamePad Cradle, and the Deluxe Digital Promotion (https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/) which runs until 12/2014.

The differences between this edition and a Deluxe Set available on the shelf today:

Zelda-themed art on the packaging
Zelda-themed art on the GamePad (not the console)
Digital copy of The Wind Waker HD instead of Nintendo Land
Digital download of Hyrule Historia

If I already had a Wii U I would pass on this, buy a retail copy of TWWHD, and buy a preowned Zelda GamePad later on. But I don't have a Wii U yet, so I'll be getting this edition. I wouldn't hold out for a gold Wii U; Nintendo has never really released a Zelda edition home console, so two for the Wii U would be very surprising. Why is only a digital copy of TWWHD being included? Maybe it's so Nintendo can sell us both the Zelda Wii U and the separate LE of TWWHD with the figurine.

US Edition
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/wiiuzelda2.jpg
EUR Edition
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/gallery/zelda-wind-waker-hd_9/wiiu_zelda_ww_box_ps_ukv.jpg
:rotf: I didn't know this before but it looks like maybe the EUR version is getting a 7-day free trial for Wii U Karaoke instead of the digital copy of Hyrule Historia. Oh and just found this out too, looks like the golden script on the GamePad (http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker/Pre-Order_Bonuses_and_Special_Editions) actually has meaning. Cool.

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Useless, useless, useless, Zavvi are bloody useless!!!! >.<

They waited until 9pm last night before despatching this, or so the email states and then they use the shittiest courier of all time to bring it to me. Yodel. >.< Should I censor Y***l out as I'm sure it is a cuss word in these boards! :this: Anyway, the tracking shows that it hasn't even been collected from Zavvi yet. >.< Been dying to get it all week and They fuck it all up. Should've ponied up the extra tenner and got it in store... -_- Why did they not post it earlier so people can have it for launch!? ;_;

USELESS!! >.<

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Zavvi didn't post mine till late last night too, but I've had a look on the tracking and it's out for delivery now :) xx

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Although it does feel like I've been waiting for it forever, since it's technically my present from Allan for my birthday (which was months ago :rotf:) So thank god it's finally on it's way :P xx

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 01:38 PM
According to the tracking on Yodel; it hasn't even been picked up. Not impressed in the slightest. >.< pisses me off because I've arranged for somebody to be in today too. Not going to be anybody to sign for it all of next week and Yodel aren't likely to deliver on Saturday.

What time did you get your despatch email at Vhal? Really annoyed to know that your's got picked up, along with most people's I assume and mine is still sat in the warehouse! >.<

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
It was showing as not being picked up until it changed to "at service centre" then "out for delivery" at 9am this morning - so maybe yours is the same, and it has already been picked up but they didn't update the tracking?

I've received a text from Yodel now too, saying it will be delivered today before 9pm. I've never had that before from Yodel :/ xx

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Also, my "Order Despatched" email from Zavvi says "delivery on or before 8th October" which worried me a bit to begin with :/ xx

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 02:47 PM
It was showing as not being picked up until it changed to "at service centre" then "out for delivery" at 9am this morning - so maybe yours is the same, and it has already been picked up but they didn't update the tracking?

I've received a text from Yodel now too, saying it will be delivered today before 9pm. I've never had that before from Yodel :/ xx

Yeah, I am kinda hoping that, that is what is going to happen, but I'm not holding my breath! >.< Have no faith in either Zavvi or Yodel. In my eyes, it's the worst possible combination that could have ever come to be! >.<

I have never received a text from Yodel, but I never use my Mobile number anyway. Only Landline. At most I'll get a call from the driver stating that they can't find my address. >.<

Also, my "Order Despatched" email from Zavvi says "delivery on or before 8th October" which worried me a bit to begin with :/ xx

Yeah, mine says the same. It also says that delivery can be expected between 8am-8pm, so fingers crossed. :nea:

Even if it comes today, they're still useless as it wasn't here for when I got back from work. :P

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I hope you get yours today :) I'm just praying that it comes in decent condition. I've had a lot of bad luck lately (not just with deliveries), so I'm just hoping that this isn't the next in a long line :haha: xx

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Just received mine a moment ago, and yaaaay! It's perfect, no damage at all to the box. Haven't yet opened it as I don't have time, so will open it later when Allan gets home from work :D xx

nipperkipper
10-04-2013, 06:48 PM
This is one edition i actually wanted early. Went with shopto and got it yesterday. :bananayes:

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Mine still says "waiting for collection" on the Yodel tracking page. >.< There's my plans ruined. :(

Should've just stuck it out with a store pre-order like I normally do for consoles! >.<

Iwatasan
10-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Just received mine a moment ago, and yaaaay! It's perfect, no damage at all to the box. Haven't yet opened it as I don't have time, so will open it later when Allan gets home from work :D xx
I bought mine at a local GameStop a couple weeks ago. I showed up before they opened so I got second pick for mint condition. The girl in front of me requested a perfect box and got one. So I did the same and the guy set it down heavily on the counter, right on top of a spiral bound binder and totally left an imprint right on the top of the box. I was like O.o

oXdanXo
10-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Anyone else who ordered from Zavvi, get theirs in a box only big enough for the Wii u box to fit in and end up heavily dented?
I'm considering sending it back, since if the outer packing has taken that kind of damage then the insides of the Wii U must be in pieces :(
That and I'm OCD about collector Edition consoles and games that I pay a high price for, I mean I handed them ?240, they decided to dispatch it on the 4th via a 5 day courier, luckily mine arrived fast, but the packaging was crap.

Matt16
10-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Anyone else who ordered from Zavvi, get theirs in a box only big enough for the Wii u box to fit in and end up heavily dented?
I'm considering sending it back, since if the outer packing has taken that kind of damage then the insides of the Wii U must be in pieces :(
That and I'm OCD about collector Edition consoles and games that I pay a high price for, I mean I handed them ?240, they decided to dispatch it on the 4th via a 5 day courier, luckily mine arrived fast, but the packaging was crap.

If it's damaged I'd definitely send it back as long as they still have others in stock to replace it for. Make sure you get a receipt from the post office though if you send it back Royal Mail as I've had zavvi claim to not have received returns I've sent them and I've needed to prove I did.

Cosmic_Link
10-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Damn, that sucks. :( Mine came in a box quite a fair bit larger than the console box and was packed with airbags all around the box. I quite surprised tbh. XD Best packing job I've seen from a company in a long while. :D

oXdanXo
10-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks,

Mat I will do :)
Cosmic, what makes it worse is I ordered 2 of them. The last time I ordered 2 was the Metal Gear solid HD collection incident they had :(

thinkforgetfull
10-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Useless, useless, useless, Zavvi are bloody useless!!!! >.<

They waited until 9pm last night before despatching this, or so the email states and then they use the shittiest courier of all time to bring it to me. Yodel. >.< Should I censor Y***l out as I'm sure it is a cuss word in these boards! :this: Anyway, the tracking shows that it hasn't even been collected from Zavvi yet. >.< Been dying to get it all week and They fuck it all up. Should've ponied up the extra tenner and got it in store... -_- Why did they not post it earlier so people can have it for launch!? ;_;

USELESS!! >.<

oh god. i hate yodel. they always seem to want to deliver at really alkward times too.

Cosmic_Link
10-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks,

Mat I will do :)
Cosmic, what makes it worse is I ordered 2 of them. The last time I ordered 2 was the Metal Gear solid HD collection incident they had :(

Thankfully I never participated in the MGSHD Disaster, but I saw the pics here! 0.0 Lucky you being able to afford 2 consoles though. :P I could barely afford the 1. XD So glad I got it though. :D Love the pad, love the remake of the game. ^^ Has really done the wind waker justice. :D especially some of the small changes. :D

oh god. i hate yodel. they always seem to want to deliver at really alkward times too.

Since my local driver has changed, I don't get my packages from them until early afternoon now. :( usually between 1-2:30. Times when I'm definitely not there! >.<

oXdanXo
10-15-2013, 09:09 PM
So I opted to return it, Zavvi have now told me that I have given them a box full of diapers. Why are they idiots. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

KnightOfTruth
10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
So I opted to return it, Zavvi have now told me that I have given them a box full of diapers. Why are they idiots. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

WHAT?!? They're trying to say that you sent them diapers? I'm assuming that you didn't accidentally wrap your son/daughter in a Zelda box, so either they have the worst customer service on the planet or somebody at your post office made a switcheroo? My emoticon feels your pain --> :banghead:

Twisted
10-16-2013, 05:43 AM
it could be someone snatched the console, and packed it in with diapers?

oXdanXo
10-16-2013, 05:10 PM
24 Hours and No Response from Zavvi, They're crap at customer service, I remember they offered me a ?1.50 refund on Metal Gear because they turned it into soup instead of a boxed product, thats how bad the outer case was :(

Twisted
10-16-2013, 09:31 PM
in regards to the metal gear HD collection fiasco..when i got mine in the US..it was banged up from the outside...they told me just to keep it for free and they would send me another one...they did that....and that one arrived all beat up too..but i got it for "50% off" i suppose..so i just accepted it as is.

oXdanXo
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM
in regards to the metal gear HD collection fiasco..when i got mine in the US..it was banged up from the outside...they told me just to keep it for free and they would send me another one...they did that....and that one arrived all beat up too..but i got it for "50% off" i suppose..so i just accepted it as is.

You're lucky, since Metal Gear is my fav series, I ordered 2 PS3 and 2 360, 3 of the 4 were done up beyond recognition, They offered a ?1.50 refund, I still haven't seen that in my bank. They're great when ordering from my experience as long as nothing goes wrong. If something goes wrong then you've essentially got nothing.