PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD

Collector's Edition
08-29-2012, 01:12 AM
the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-limited-edition-wiiu-europe
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-limited-edition-wiiu-europe)

canuckcollector
08-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Full Game Name: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD
Edition Name: Limited Edition Ganondorf Collectible Figurine
Platform(s): WiiU
Region(s): North America/EU
Publisher:
Release Date:
Price (RRP): $59.99
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s): http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-with-limited-edition-ganondorf-collectible-figurine/111455
Other Info/Pics:

comaamen86
08-28-2013, 09:16 PM
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/zelda_wind_waker_collector.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-game-exclusive-ganondorf-collectors-edition-244852?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Wind%20Waker%20HD%20Limited%20Edition&cm_mmc=Twitter-_-Digital-_-GanondorfStyle-_-Link

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1148744_10151890067318128_2051591816_n.jpg

comaamen86
08-28-2013, 09:19 PM
nintendo ce's have a habit of selling out and becoming very expensive on zelda games

Matt16
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Awesome find!!! Gotta have this :)

SwiftDeath
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Fancy video of the Ganondorf statue

13tnTur9ilg

Clusks
08-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Do want!

Wis they'd put all this as part of the console bundle.

comaamen86
08-28-2013, 09:38 PM
hhmmmi may order one i lika the way it looks

Cosmic_Link
08-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Sigh, shafted on the price again! >.< 59.99USD and 59.99GBP.

Still a must have purchase.

comaamen86
08-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Sigh, shafted on the price again! >.< 59.99USD and 59.99GBP.

Still a must have purchase.

it will sellout by years end

mosavon
08-29-2013, 01:41 AM
** Limited Edition for Wii U added to database **

kittychloe
08-29-2013, 01:12 PM
why cant amazon stock either of these :(

Tejstar
08-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Is the game included with this? I assume it is, but couldn't see any confirmation on the GAME site?

vhal_x
08-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Is the game included with this? I assume it is, but couldn't see any confirmation on the GAME site?

In the LE Wii U? Yes. However it is a digital copy xx

Cosmic_Link
08-29-2013, 04:50 PM
In the LE Wii U? Yes. However it is a digital copy xx

Yeah, I heard that too. >.< What a load of shite. :(

usiris
08-29-2013, 06:06 PM
why cant amazon stock either of these :(

/agree, I dont like giving gamestop my money....

Twisted
08-30-2013, 04:16 AM
the NTSC box packaging looks nicer than the PAL box packaging overall.

kittychloe
08-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Anyone wanna ship me the wii u? GameStop and game won't ship me

Cosmic_Link
08-30-2013, 05:27 AM
Anyone wanna ship me the wii u? GameStop and game won't ship me

I reckon Aus will get it too. However, should you not get it, I will be more than happy to help forward it to you. You know that. ;)

kittychloe
08-30-2013, 05:28 AM
I read somewhere that we are not getting either in aus :(

Cosmic_Link
08-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Damn, that sucks. :( Did you want help forwarding the CE too or just the console. Just give me the go ahead and i'll get those pre-ordered for ya! :D

DoctorX
08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Bought even though i dont have Wii-U yet, but i will some day. I dont want to take no risks because i fear this might sell out pretty quickly considering small prints of Wii-U games.

Letrico
08-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Still waiting desperately for amazon.de to put up the listing for it. COME ON AMAZON YOU CAN DO IT

EDIT : Oh I found it. Sign up to be notified :(

Artemisthemp
09-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I am gonna get this Limited Edition for the Figure :)
To bad GAME currently is the only place with it...

DoctorX
09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I heard rumour that US Limited Edition is all sold out. I suggest preordering this one asap if you want to get this.

Twisted
09-06-2013, 12:49 AM
LOL..gamestop will not tolerate a "sell out" this quick..especially when they were selling it for $5 OVER Nintendo's announced retail suggested price...just so much profit for them to be made on this,..they will most likely order more quantities to fulfill stong demand and make more $$$$$$

Letrico
09-06-2013, 01:35 AM
amazon.de sold out in less than a day :(

DoctorX
09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Usually Zelda items are extremely limited. Do you still remember how quickly Hyrule Historia - CE sold out ? I suggest preordering this item just in case of quick sellout.

Vikingo82
09-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Reserved!!!

This one is a must have!!!

CanisCanemEdit
09-06-2013, 11:46 PM
So, this is what happens when you don't check up on your video game collecting news - you lose out on some sweet limited stuff.

:banghead:

Pissed I missed out on this and even more pissed that only Lamestop will be offering this.

justkush
09-08-2013, 07:18 AM
:hammer:
This is sold out.

Dan
09-10-2013, 05:47 AM
You can still buy one and get an amazing deal at eBay... :poke: jk

Vikingo82
09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
If anybody needs help...

http://www.fnac.es/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-Edicion-Especial-incluye-Figura-Ganondorf-Wii-U-Juego-Wii-U/a923083

I can still preorder here in Spain.

canuckcollector
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Canadian online preorder from EB games sold out in less than an hour. I am happy to make a preorder in-store today. Phew.

DoctorX
09-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I have bad feeling about ordering this item via game.co.uk. GAME doesnt ship items over 1kg internationally. I remember that i did just read messages from other forum, where people had contacted game.co.uk about this issue. GAME replied, that there is cancellations incoming.... :( This sucks.

KidSupreme
09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Canadian online preorder from EB games sold out in less than an hour. I am happy to make a preorder in-store today. Phew.

Sold out within 38 mins online. Gamestop Canada record.

I managed to preorder two in store, but most location in Toronto are already sold out

joynulk
09-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Still available at game. Are they going to cancel if I place am order now?

Also anyone know exactly how many of the zelda chest of strategy guides are going to be made

Iwatasan
09-14-2013, 03:09 AM
This was only sold at GameStop in US, and they told me repeatedly on the morning of 9/4 that they were sold out nationwide and not accepting further preorders. But did Canada or Mexico get the same version of this game? Is it possibly still available locally somewhere, anywhere in North America?

canuckcollector
09-16-2013, 06:55 PM
This was only sold at GameStop in US, and they told me repeatedly on the morning of 9/4 that they were sold out nationwide and not accepting further preorders. But did Canada or Mexico get the same version of this game? Is it possibly still available locally somewhere, anywhere in North America?

Canadian online preorder lasted for about an hour. I believe most of in-store preorders are pretty much gone in a few days.

KidSupreme
09-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Canadian online preorder lasted for about an hour. I believe most of in-store preorders are pretty much gone in a few days.

Instore preorders are all gone, the Sku is not even in the computer anymore. Also Gamestop sent a email to employees stating that some preorders will be cancelled because there was way to many preorders taken.

Iwatasan
09-17-2013, 01:31 PM
:rant::banghead:
I got in touch with Nintendo of America who told me the number of units produced for this edition is/was up to the sole discretion of retailers. They didn't say anything about manufacturing issues, low demand, shortage of raw materials, what have you. In the US at least, this is apparently all shenanigans on GameStop's part. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :suicide:

...bastards

asian1skill
09-18-2013, 01:28 AM
yeah i check almost every local ebgames location and its all sold out already

Thetof91
09-18-2013, 02:23 PM
It is not sold out in danish store what I can see :)

Stand to 599 dkk :)

usiris
10-01-2013, 11:00 PM
EU unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BSu4jMwiQ

Vikingo82
10-02-2013, 02:44 PM
A little bit upset with this cheap plastic dome...thought it will be crystal made...

Anyone knows the NA run and the European Run of the CE???...for sure NA is shorter...but here in Europe is sold out everywhere too...

KidSupreme
10-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Rumor is ebgames Canada was allowed to sale 1500

Vikingo82
10-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Rumor is ebgames Canada was allowed to sale 1500

Wow...that is truly limited...not like EU CE....

Hope the NA CE does not make any difference on the inside and the dome is crystal made...ggrrr...would be very angry if so.

KidSupreme
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Ill open one of mine on Sunday and let you know if no one else post the info

Cosmic_Link
10-02-2013, 03:37 PM
A little bit upset with this cheap plastic dome...thought it will be crystal made...

Anyone knows the NA run and the European Run of the CE???...for sure NA is shorter...but here in Europe is sold out everywhere too...

I expected t would be a plastic dome tbh.

What I'm most disappointed about is, the lack of physical copy of the game with the console. :( might just call Nintendo customer support and have a moan about it when I get my console and see if they will do anything about it! XD

Vikingo82
10-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I expected t would be a plastic dome tbh.

What I'm most disappointed about is, the lack of physical copy of the game with the console. :( might just call Nintendo customer support and have a moan about it when I get my console and see if they will do anything about it! XD

I expected it too Cosmic..but no so cheap plastic, and of course, not a put on, put off dome...wantd it fixed to the base...

The DLC stuff totally sucks...it's like when they launch an exclusive 3DS XL (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon...) that have already the game installed...

We want a physical game!!! Like the old style bundles!!! Not an installed copy...

It's really disappointing to have a Zelda DLC paper instead a beautiful case to add to the collection...

Very bad marketing strategies Nintendo... :nono:

Cosmic_Link
10-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah that's why I intend to moan to their CS when my package comes. There is a problem with connecting Wii U consoles to the Internet with Virgin Superhubs in the UK, so might have a moan about not being able to download the game! XD either that, or I'll see about selling the code on eBay and using the monies to buy a physical copy.

comaamen86
10-02-2013, 04:07 PM
hmmm a bit meh in terms of a ce but what is there is nice

Gillri
10-02-2013, 04:35 PM
the NTSC box packaging looks nicer than the PAL box packaging overall.

errmm no it doesnt, PAL boxart like always looks way more artistic

Iwatasan
10-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Still waiting to hear back from Nintendo customer service about it, but a GameStop customer service rep told me she estimated selling only a couple thousand online, not counting in store sales. For US only, not counting Canada or Mexico.

Twisted
10-03-2013, 05:24 AM
but US Gamestop recently restocked it..both on line and instore..and I remember seeing it for at least a full 2 days after it was restocked and maybe longer but it didn't interest me so I stopped checking on it when it was restocked and made again available for sale as pre orders this was earlier this week I believe...it was tweeted out by gamestop, and all major game blogs....I doubt only "2000" were sold on line...more like 20,000 for the US at least...

Iwatasan
10-03-2013, 08:21 AM
but US Gamestop recently restocked it..both on line and instore..and I remember seeing it for at least a full 2 days after it was restocked and maybe longer but it didn't interest me so I stopped checking on it when it was restocked and made again available for sale as pre orders this was earlier this week I believe...it was tweeted out by gamestop, and all major game blogs....I doubt only "2000" were sold on line...more like 20,000 for the US at least...
Yes, Saturday morning I know they had restocked it, maybe Friday night too? But by Saturday noonish they were all out again. How sure are you they were stocking it again in store? Because the local store I called said it was an online only thing, they had not been able to presell any more copies. The GameStop.com rep I called that gave the 2,000 figure was the one I called Saturday afternoon, after they had re-stocked/sold out again, and she said that figure included the original week, 8/28 to 9/4 that they first offered it, plus the final preorder day, 9/28. I mean, yeah, who knows, maybe she was full of it. I'm still trying to get a straight answer out of NoA.

Edit: Note that GameStop.com still had it listed on their site as "available" until probably late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. It would even add to your cart. But if you tried to check out it would remove it "due to changes in available inventory" or something. So for half a day at least, it looked like they were selling it online, but they really weren't.

Edit again: I don't see a tweet about it on GameStop's Twitter feed.

Twisted
10-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't know exactly when it was restocked..but I most definitely saw it on 2 separate days as available, because I was curious as to how many more they reproduced...keep in mind gamestop is alleged to have done reprints of xenoblade and Metroid prime trilogy..and I went to gamestop at a local mall and it was still available to order during the restock period..then again..it could have been some cancellations or what not...but still..i saw on line avail for sale on 2 separate days...theres no way this is a small run....numbers will be 50000..they have to sell X amount of figures to turn a profit for the factory, gamestop and Nintendo...$10 extra leaves little room unless thousands are being replicated (figurine)...LOL..this is no Zelda UK Silver DS limited promo..;)

Iwatasan
10-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I mean, who knows. If you're really curious, you should try to find out. That's what I'm trying to do...

LOL..this is no Zelda UK Silver DS limited promo..
I got one of those, so I'm confident I'll get a few of these somehow someway.

Iwatasan
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

Go NOW. There's a couple more in stock, but they only let you buy one. I think it's based on billing address. I tried different names, accounts, computers, shipping addresses, and credit cards, and they only let me buy one. But if you have more than one credit card with different billing addresses and you set up 2 different GameStop accounts you might just get 2.

HURRY. This will be gone in a few hours at the most. I got one and I'm heading out to local stores to get at least one more. Good luck!

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 03:33 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

Go NOW. There's a couple more in stock, but they only let you buy one. I think it's based on billing address. I tried different names, accounts, computers, shipping addresses, and credit cards, and they only let me buy one. But if you have more than one credit card with different billing addresses and you set up 2 different GameStop accounts you might just get 2.

HURRY. This will be gone in a few hours at the most. I got one and I'm heading out to local stores to get at least one more. Good luck!

Damn. :(

One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability.

amb6883
10-04-2013, 03:45 PM
That was quick.

Iwatasan
10-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Holy...sorry guys. Keep checking every half hour or so. I think they're going to be adding one here one there as cancelled preorders become available. ...Told you it was gonna be fast...

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Do we have an unboxing Vid for the US version yet? o.0

Vikingo82
10-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Got mine!!! :D

Is true...really strange no NA unboxings...

BTW!!! Thanks for the heads up Iwata!!! :taunt:

Iwatasan
10-04-2013, 09:16 PM
BTW!!! Thanks for the heads up Iwata!!! :taunt:
Hahaha, well hey, it worked for me! Just got back home, have been out scooping up extra copies from my local GameStops. And by local I actually mean a very wide radius.

I went to 3 different GameStops, one was 6 miles away, one was 22 miles, and one was 30. In total, the stores had only received 2, 3, and 5 preordered copies for a total of 10 copies between them. Each store had had one cancelled at the last minute, leaving all three with a single unclaimed copy. So including the one I snagged on GameStop.com this morning I've got four now.

Fingers crossed the next LE Zelda game is NOT exclusive to LameStop!

usiris
10-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Is true...really strange no NA unboxings...

Fresh from my sub feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlsWvBcS8c

vhal_x
10-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Well apparently the US version doesn't have the case for Ganondorf, which kinda sucks, so there are pros and cons to both variations - US get the nicer box, EU get the better Ganondorf :) xx

Cosmic_Link
10-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I like the windowed box and the base for Ganondorf in the US version.

Iwatasan
10-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Fresh from my sub feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlsWvBcS8c
Happy birthday!!!

Edit: Oh, lol, not your video so not your birthday, haha. Would have made such a nice birthday gift.

usiris
10-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Happy birthday!!!

Oh sorry, I meant the user uploaded 5 min before I posted it.

sigmadirk69
10-05-2013, 06:50 PM
most gamestops only got what people preordered. good luck ever finding one at msrp price

KidSupreme
10-06-2013, 10:12 PM
In Toronto the Vaughan mills GameStop has/had 10 extra copies. All the other stores around me were sold out because they only had enough for preorders.

It's possible to get one for msrp tomorrow because all the preorders that were not picked up can be bought on Monday.

Cosmic_Link
10-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I'd be interested in one. ^^ How much we looking at for shipping? :D Drop me a PM please? ^^ Cheers mate. :D

Matt16
10-08-2013, 08:16 PM
My UK one arrived yesterday and US one today. Prefer the windowed box of the US one but the UK box is sturdier. Think I'm leaving the US one sealed as like Vhal said the US one doesn't have the cover for the figure so I may as well display and use the UK one :)

Two sentences and I used US and UK 7 times, that must surely be a record :1: :P

Iwatasan
10-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Got my copy from GameStop.com today as well. Came in a shipping box big enough for the game itself and an air pack on just one side. What the hell is that? So of course it arrived smashed up. I mean what did they think would happen? All concussive force in transit would come from just one side?! Thanks GameStop, you have certainly proven yourself a worthy exclusive retailer in every possible way for this collectible limited edition. :banghead:

I wonder if a single copy of the US edition remains in mint condition at this point.

Vikingo82
10-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Got my copy from GameStop.com today as well. Came in a shipping box big enough for the game itself and an air pack on just one side. What the hell is that? So of course it arrived smashed up. I mean what did they think would happen? All concussive force in transit would come from just one side?! Thanks GameStop, you have certainly proven yourself a worthy exclusive retailer in every possible way for this collectible limited edition. :banghead:

I wonder if a single copy of the US edition remains in mint condition at this point.

Ffffff...don't want to think my oversea shipment copy of this CE... :banghead::banghead:

So afraid... :beg:

KidSupreme
10-09-2013, 02:22 AM
The way Gamestop shipped the collector edition to the store was no better. They put it in a box with other games and toys so majority of the copies were damaged. Online deal forums in Canada are up in arms about this especially since we did not get a plastic cover for the figure.

Dan
10-09-2013, 02:35 AM
The way Gamestop shipped the collector edition to the store was no better. They put it in a box with other games and toys so majority of the copies were damaged. Online deal forums in Canada are up in arms about this especially since we did not get a plastic cover for the figure.

The European version is nicer with their little plastic dome thingy

sigmadirk69
10-09-2013, 02:54 AM
why knock gamestop, it's just a distributor. producers of the Zelda game are the stingy ones who don't send more copy's. at least the employee sold you the cancelled Zelda's

Matt16
10-09-2013, 07:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, it really sucks :(

There's hope though Viking as mine arrived without any damage, was packaged shit though so guess I was just lucky. Not trying to rub it in Iwatasan :lol:

Leonsamus
10-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Mine arrived w a small ding in one do the corners but overall not too much damage

amb6883
10-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Mine came perfect. :beach: