PDA

View Full Version : WTB: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Limited Edition (x2)

Iwatasan
09-14-2013, 03:04 AM
Ended up getting four copies of this, so this topic can be locked.

Want To Buy
Title: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Limited Edition)
Platform: Wii U
Region: US
Condition: 1 Sealed & mint, 1 sealed any condition
Link to DB Entry (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-limited-edition-wiiu-americas)

SO pissed. Missed the US preorder via GameStop by a few hours. What is a Zelda collector to do? Does anyone have an extra preorder for this game they would be willing to part with for the right price?

For specificity sake, I'm looking for the US version only. I need a sealed copy in mint condition for my collection, and I need one more sealed where the condition really doesn't matter.

I have Zelda Universe on my RSS feed now for future LE Zelda news, and I have the GameStop TWWHD LE page saved as my Firefox homepage in case they get any new preorders in stock. I also continue to check local stores for any preorders they had that might have been cancelled, but so far to no avail. I fear I may have to resort to eBay and end up with a dented copy for three times the retail price. As a collector, that is far from ideal.

That is why I am so happy to have CEo as an available resource. I know if someone here can help, they will. Thanks in advance!

nipperkipper
09-14-2013, 11:54 AM
sorry to hear that if you ever wanted the UK version I can help.

Btw when will we be seeing pics of your collection?

Iwatasan
09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks nk, and do let me know if there's ever a Zelda thing you want from the US (besides this game obviously, which I fully dropped the ball on). Is it not yet sold out in the UK? I really want to know the numbers on the production run for this LE in various countries.

As for my collection, I would redirect you to my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvanmonk/sets/), but I don't have much on there yet. If you want though I might be able to snap some photos tomorrow as I'll be visiting my folks place and I pretty much keep the whole stash over there.

Vikingo82
09-14-2013, 01:35 PM
My advise, even the prices are a little overpriced.

Buy them now on ebay, before the prices go higher and higher and higher.

Act now...

Iwatasan
09-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Maybe, but at this point I'd be buying a pre-order (no guarantee of condition) from a scalper (someone who doesn't give a crap about condition) if I bought it on eBay. If I can't find what I'm looking for coming from a legitimate collector, I'll just have to bide my time until after the holidays when eBay prices go down slightly. Also the game will have been out for a while, so when I do end up paying an arm and a leg at least the scalper selling me the game will have it in hand and be able to say "yes this is a mint copy."

nipperkipper
09-14-2013, 02:07 PM
That's a good point, try checking the feedback of scalpers - some out there are better than others

The UK version has sold out. Sold out in most places although Amazon Fr still has it

nipperkipper
09-14-2013, 02:11 PM
On a side note your collection is fantastic - I only wish my Zelda collection was as good as yours.

P.S I see you got the 25th anniversary concert programme guide, did you get the Symphony of the Goddesses programme guide? Its even better imo

Matt16
09-14-2013, 02:14 PM
That's a good point, try checking the feedback of scalpers - some out there are better than others

The UK version has sold out. Sold out in most places although Amazon Fr still has it

Still available at Game too :)

Vikingo82
09-14-2013, 02:31 PM
In spain sold out almost everywhere...but not impossible.

Anybody does know the NA run? What happened there?
And european run???

Didn't expected this Zelda fever...

Iwatasan
09-16-2013, 04:57 AM
"Dear Nintendo of America,

In the United States, 'The Wind Waker HD Limited Edition' with Ganondorf statue was a GameStop exclusive and sold out within one week. Demand for this particular edition is still high, and those of us Zelda fans who unfortunately missed our opportunity to reserve a pre-order within that short window of time feel rather kicked to the curb, I hate to tell you. How many units were available for pre-order, and will more be coming available before the game's October 4th release date?

Thank you for your time. Sincerely,
Iwatasan"

:popcorn:

"Hello Iwatasan,

Thank you for writing. I can certainly understand your interest in the special edition of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, and I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to preorder it from GameStop. I know this isn't what you were hoping to hear, but Nintendo does not dictate when, or how many copies, of games are available for presale.

We know that many people believe Nintendo decides when stores receive shipments of our products and in what quantities. However, those decisions are made by the retailer's corporate office and are likely based on a variety of different factors: a particular store's sales volume, the population density of the region it serves, weather patterns. Any or all of these might mean that the store in the next town receives dozens of a particular product while the store you normally visit gets a fraction of that.

I know you were hoping for another answer, and I appreciate your understanding. I would recommend continuing to work with your local GameStop retail stores to see what options they can provide.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America"

:swoon: Surprisingly straightforward response I thought, and on a Sunday afternoon no less...not even a business day.

If what they say is true then this whole TWWHD LE shortage has been fully orchestrated by GameStop. It was yesterday afternoon I sent my message to NoA, and I also sent GameStop exactly the same message, so we'll see if and when GS ever gets back to me about it. At the very least I want to know how many preorders they took and why they decided, apparently on their own, to cut it off so abruptly... and I'm still sort of naively hoping I'll get in touch with someone at corporate who will be like "Oh, you just need 2 copies? OK fine we'll hook you up."

DJDREAM
09-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Germany gets 6000 units!