PDA

View Full Version : Killer Instinct

Collector's Edition
10-18-2012, 01:19 AM
killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition-xb1-americas
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition-xb1-americas)

SwiftDeath
10-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Full Game Name: Killer Instinct
Edition Name: Pin Ultimate Edition
Platform(s): Xbox One
Region(s): NTSC
Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Release Date: November 22, 2013
Price (RRP): 59.99 USD
Package Description: Limited Edition case that contains game download code
Content Description:

Limited Edition Pin Case
Game Download Code for Killer Instinct Ultra Edition
Killer Instinct Ultra Edition includes All 8 Season 1 characters, Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*, Early access to all Season 1 content, and the Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

Link(s) to source(s): http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.287694100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-6eCtJuDsxCQzxH1B374nrw
Other Info/Pics:

http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msintl/images/English/en-INTL_Xbox_One_Killer_Instinct_FKF-00816/FKF-00816_Large.jpg

http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msintl/images/English/en-INTL_Xbox_One_Killer_Instinct_FKF-00816/PDP/en-INTL_Xbox_One_Killer_Instinct_FKF-00816_P6.jpg

From the website

Digital game, physical presence

Fill that empty void on your game shelf with the custom Pin Ultimate Edition folio. Designed by Penny Arcade, the folio opens to display the two included Pinny Arcade collector pins: Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo. Each character will get its own pin and the official Killer Instinct page will reveal surprise pins, every month until the end of the season, that can be earned through your community and in-game efforts.**

There's a ton of asteriked stuff on that page

**Additional pins sold separately or available as part of future promotional activities.

Box includes a game download from Xbox Live. No disc is included.

MortalMonday
10-13-2013, 02:20 AM
Nice find.

Twisted
10-13-2013, 06:42 AM
strange in the way..that you may NEVER be able to complete this pin set..depending on how promo goes..you may have to pay a arm and a leg..or they may just sell them outright once the fad is over and this promo tanks.

vhal_x
10-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Do they take payment up front for this? And can you order from the UK or would I need a US member to assist? xx

Ayiu
10-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Do they take payment up front for this? And can you order from the UK or would I need a US member to assist? xx

pretty sure they don't charge upfront and don't ship outside the US that's at least how it works with the German MS-store :wave:

MortalMonday
10-13-2013, 06:30 PM
If it's a US only item, I'd be happy to help out overseas members.

Someone confirm that it's US only please.

comaamen86
10-13-2013, 08:57 PM
meh i sense alot of meh from this edition

LowlyAssassin
10-13-2013, 10:54 PM
I like it
Ultimate pin collectors unite

Twisted
10-14-2013, 12:01 AM
this will probably also be in the Microsoft stores that compete with the apple stores here in the US at least....plus limited edition to Microsoft means limited edition halo LOL..etc..we all know where that road leads too....plus I say 12 months from now..there will be a disc verison...killer instinct game of the year edition..probably will be disc based.

SwiftDeath
10-14-2013, 12:27 AM
this will probably also be in the Microsoft stores that compete with the apple stores here in the US at least....plus limited edition to Microsoft means limited edition halo LOL..etc..we all know where that road leads too....plus I say 12 months from now..there will be a disc verison...killer instinct game of the year edition..probably will be disc based.

While I completely agree that this will most likely not be limited at all, I do no think Killer Instinct will get a disc-based release

This is MS's push to get casuals etc. to buy digitally

That's what they want

Twisted
10-14-2013, 06:55 AM
I just talked to someone on the chat box on the Microsoft website where they sell this game and he said that black box art is not final..lol..and the cover art has not been released yet..but I don't believe him..i think he is just speculating because I asked if that is the boxart or not?

twistedsymphony
10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
here's the official MS announcement on this edition: http://playxbla.com/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition-for-xbox-one-collect-all-the-pins-and-even-pre-order/

more (useful) info on this has been posted on Penny Arcade: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/10/14/pin-ultimate

also the edition name "Pin Ultimate" is a pun on the word "Penultimate"

the most up to date info seems to be going on in this thread on the PA forum: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182743/pinny-arcade-pinny-pal-community-thread/p28

Twisted
10-16-2013, 09:35 PM
thank you for the updated info twisted S....so there is NO standard xbox one game case?..i thought it would be housed in a standard case..so it is a book instead?....msn store chat mislead me..they specifically told me it was to be a standard G2 style plastic gamecase....this article mentions nothing like that..i am confused about what this product will end up looking like.

twistedsymphony
10-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Based on what was Posted on PA this is the impression I get

-There are no plans to release the game in disc format
-Because there is no physical release they wanted to make a CE for collectors that could fit on a shelf next to other games (so likely G2 sized)
-The case is designed to look like a book so chances are it will be made of heavy cardboard (similar to a hard cover book)

Honestly it damn well better be something other than a cheap plastic case for the prices it's going for.

At first I thought this edition was pretty lame, but after reading the PA post about how they want to essentially have a physical display of achievements, I'm super psyched for it now, as well as the challenge of collecting all of the pins.

Twisted
10-17-2013, 04:54 AM
this following message was e-mailed to me by penny arcade ..... It's my understanding that it will be about the size of a hard cover book. So it will be taller and wider than a standard game case. This is so that it can comfortably fit 16 pins inside. Mike wrote a bit about it here if your interested in the details. I also spoke directly with Brian our merch manager who is managing this project on our end to confirm those details.

MortalMonday
10-18-2013, 04:05 AM
I just came back from playing this game. It is absolutely amazing. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed the game. It is easily one of my most anticipated next gen games now.

twistedsymphony
10-18-2013, 04:24 AM
I just came back from playing this game. It is absolutely amazing. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed the game. It is easily one of my most anticipated next gen games now.

I know right!

I got to play it back in September and I can't wait for it's release in November.
---------------

On the topic of the Pin Ultimate Edition very clear details have been released: http://playxbla.com/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition-in-a-nutshell/

so according to that you'll be able to outright buy any of the pins for $15 a pop as they're unveiled. (so since there are 14 pins not included with the set you're looking at $210 before shipping costs for the whole set :suicide: )

Apparently the only way to get the character pins is the buy them (there are 8 character pins and 1 is included) there are 8 "Engagement" pins and these can be earned for free by completing in-game challenges or attending events (apparently you still have to pay shipping though) once again the first of these pins in included in the set so you really only have to earn 7 of them.

So if you can accomplish all 7 challenges then you're STILL looking at $105 to buy all of the character pins before shipping. :surrender:

Honestly I would have expected the pins to cost half as much , and I would have appreciated if all 14 of the non-included pins were "engagement" pins that had to be earned and not just bought outright.

EDIT: I just checked out the Penny Arcade online store and the pins there average about $6 a pin (http://store.penny-arcade.com/search?q=Pin), which I think is fair... so my guess is either the $15 is just the "Suggested" retail price and they'll actually be cheaper. or MS wants a huge pile of cash for licensing fees more than doubling the price of the pins.

twistedsymphony
11-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Official Pictures have been added:
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-4RDHKCv/0/O/i-4RDHKCv.jpg
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-4ZLqRHh/0/L/i-4ZLqRHh-L.jpg
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-wvwWr9T/0/L/i-wvwWr9T-L.jpg
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-7sm7dXr/0/L/i-7sm7dXr-L.jpg

source: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/11/04/pin-ultimate2

Oh and if you're wondering the "Top Secret" character is Fulgore... someone caught the image before it was censored ;)
http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/and-the-8th-confirmed-character-is-fulgore/

Twisted
11-06-2013, 04:10 AM
how is the game code itself going to be packaged?..in a separate xbox one game case?

Texas Fire
11-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Did anyone pick this exact edition up? It's officially sold out at the Microsoft store, so I'm curious as to if they will get anymore in stock...
I want one and I unfortunately slept on this deal, but I don't want to go by way of eBay/Amazon and pay $120+ for it...*sigh*

TF

Madigan
01-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Back in stock

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

Texas Fire
01-01-2014, 05:53 AM
Thanks man! Just bought some...

TF

Twisted
01-01-2014, 07:57 AM
I feel soo bad for all the people on ebay who paid just a little over double to have this..quite a few sold for around $140 US..on ebay..if not some for more..but a majority went for double retail.and BOOM!..this "restock" happens...even though they said..there making "not many of them"..but who can take these companys at face value anymore?

Texas Fire
01-01-2014, 02:54 PM
I almost fell victim to the eBay thing. Thanks again to Madigan...
Saved my life (In a sense). On a side note, anyone know how many pins are currently out right now, and how many more will drop in the future? Also, will we be able to get the future pins from the Microsoft store?
Also, anyone know where I can get the KI Mad Catz fight stick w/I really having to go by way of eBay/Amazon for $265+?

TF

Likey
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
I too was disappointed when I saw it was sold out and it more than doubled in price on eBay.

Thankfully I haven't bought it yet, on eBay they seem to be around $90-$100 which I'm just about OK with but that still excludes shipping to UK.

I was going to skip this as it is a US only promo but it would be so nice to own as I'm a big Killer Instinct fan. This game is so amazing on Xbox One and it's the main reason for getting it.

Feel free to add me if you fancy a few bouts. :)
Gamer tag: Mr Likey Serv

Also, would someone here please be able to help me get the KI pins? It'll be so helpful if you could. Many thanks.

twistedsymphony
01-14-2014, 06:10 PM
I too was disappointed when I saw it was sold out and it more than doubled in price on eBay.

Thankfully I haven't bought it yet, on eBay they seem to be around $90-$100 which I'm just about OK with but that still excludes shipping to UK.

I was going to skip this as it is a US only promo but it would be so nice to own as I'm a big Killer Instinct fan. This game is so amazing on Xbox One and it's the main reason for getting it.

Feel free to add me if you fancy a few bouts. :)
Gamer tag: Mr Likey Serv

Also, would someone here please be able to help me get the KI pins? It'll be so helpful if you could. Many thanks.

the KI pins (all of them) will be sold through the penny-arcade online store, I'm pretty sure they ship internationally too.

Basically the challenges in the Pin Ultimate edition are tied to in-game/Xbox One Challenges (for instance the first pin challenge is the "On a Roll" challenge, which anyone can complete right now). If you win the challenge and have registered your Pin ultimate edition you get emailed a voucher code for 100% off the price of that month's pin. So you can still buy it if you don't have the edition or you didn't earn the challenge.

http://store.penny-arcade.com/search?q=pin

None of them are available yet but that's where EVERYONE, including pin-ultimate edition owners will be getting their pins.

The only pins I'm not sure about being available for sale are the first two that come with the edition.

comaamen86
01-14-2014, 06:38 PM
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

back in stock

twistedsymphony
01-14-2014, 07:15 PM

back in stock

It wouldn't be like Microsoft to hold out when there are willing buyers around... rarity be damned.

For anyone buying this who already owns the game DO NOT sell your code or throw it out, the content code is what you use to register your account in order to get the Pins.

Ayiu
01-14-2014, 09:39 PM
It wouldn't be like Microsoft to hold out when there are willing buyers around... rarity be damned.

For anyone buying this who already owns the game DO NOT sell your code or throw it out, the content code is what you use to register your account in order to get the Pins.

will the pins be sent to your registered xbox live address? Or do you have to sign up on the penny arcade shop where you can use another address?

toxicatom5
01-17-2014, 04:44 AM
Wow. I've never been good at fighting games and this is no different. I'm terrible! Winning 4 ranked matches in a row is not going to happen for me. Looks like I'll be paying for the first pin. Anyone else out there suck as bad as I do at this game?

Likey
01-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Just out of interest, how many of you guys have purchased this?

I'm still waiting for mine and wished I asked one of you guys to ship it for me instead of going via eBay. :(

twistedsymphony
01-20-2014, 07:35 PM
will the pins be sent to your registered xbox live address? Or do you have to sign up on the penny arcade shop where you can use another address?

you basically just get a coupon code for 100% off the price of the pin, so I would suspect that you can have them sent wherever you like.

Wow. I've never been good at fighting games and this is no different. I'm terrible! Winning 4 ranked matches in a row is not going to happen for me. Looks like I'll be paying for the first pin. Anyone else out there suck as bad as I do at this game?

It was a real challenge for me. I love fighting game, it's one of my favorite genres and while I'm better than my friends I always get destroyed online. I did finally earn that challenge after a few nights of trying... not easy. Two nights I managed to get 3 in a row and then get my ass handed to me in the 4th game. eventually I just got lucky to get matched up against people who were actually at my skill... my 4th sequential win was down to the wire, 3rd round with just a silver of health left but I got it... finally.

If there wasn't a pin on the line I probably would have given up much sooner :lol:

the challenge is over now, did you ever manage to earn it?

toxicatom5
01-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Nope. Not even close haha. Have that announced the next challenge yet?

MortalMonday
01-20-2014, 09:58 PM
I got one of these as a Christmas gift, and it arrived all beat up direct from MS. I'M PO'd. They shipped it in a flimsy bubble envelope and it has creases and tears all over.

toxicatom5
01-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Mortal. I think they shipped them all that way. Makes it luck of the draw pretty much whether it comes with damage or not.

twistedsymphony
01-21-2014, 01:13 PM
I got one of these as a Christmas gift, and it arrived all beat up direct from MS. I'M PO'd. They shipped it in a flimsy bubble envelope and it has creases and tears all over.

yeah mine was shipped that way too, thankfully it arrived unscathed

although I accidentally threw out the included pins as I didn't realize they were just sitting in the bottom of the bubble mailer... I had to dig the envelope out of the garbage once I realized they weren't inside the folio.

twistedsymphony
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Nope. Not even close haha. Have that announced the next challenge yet?

nope not yet... I'll post it up when I hear something.

I haven't even received the confirmation email stating that I completed the first challenge. Supposedly it's supposed to come within a week of the challenge's end.

I got the registration email saying that my gamer tag was setup for the Pin Ultimate Edition so I know I'm properly registered. (though that email didn't arrive until just last week even though I registered on launch week) <_<

Likey
01-21-2014, 04:50 PM
I am still waiting for my copy and the eBay seller said it's in great condition and will package it up for me so I'm hoping it stays that way when it gets here.

In a way, I wish I asked the guy to email me the code as I want to play the full version but if someone is to open my boxsets it'll have to be me! lol

I have already done the challenge but haven't registered yet, can I still claim the free pin?

Texas Fire
01-22-2014, 02:10 PM
I have already done the challenge but haven't registered yet, can I still claim the free pin?You'll probably have to do the challenge over once you get the game and register your edition...
Well from reading here, it looks that way...

TF

twistedsymphony
01-22-2014, 03:21 PM
I am still waiting for my copy and the eBay seller said it's in great condition and will package it up for me so I'm hoping it stays that way when it gets here.

In a way, I wish I asked the guy to email me the code as I want to play the full version but if someone is to open my boxsets it'll have to be me! lol

I have already done the challenge but haven't registered yet, can I still claim the free pin?

you're better off having it shipped sealed, there is a very thin slip cover of the whole thing that would likely get damaged by the packing material if shipped without being wrapped.

as for the first challenge I have no idea, I would hope that once you register it will check your account to see if you've earned it but who knows... MS barely releases any information on this stuff so we're all learning as we go along.

You'll probably have to do the challenge over once you get the game and register your edition...
Well from reading here, it looks that way...

TF

It's impossible to to it over again... "challenges" on the Xbox 360 work just like achievements except they have a time limit... just like you can't re-earn an achievement (it only pops once) you can't re-do a challenge.

Even if you could re-earn them the time limit on this challenge has already expired. It's impossible to earn at this point.

--------------------

As of right now there are no open or even pending challenges for Killer Instinct, this is the first time this has happened since launch

keep an eye on this page: http://www.trueachievements.com/Killer-Instinct/challenges.htm

you'll see any new challenges pop up there, though we wont know which ones are tied to the pins until MS announces it.

Twisted
01-22-2014, 06:34 PM
what if MS does not follow through to the end?..and kills the whole PIN idea before the set is complete?.it is not unprecendeted..not meaning MS..but other big companies have killed off promos as such due to waning consumer interest.

twistedsymphony
01-22-2014, 07:40 PM
what if MS does not follow through to the end?..and kills the whole PIN idea before the set is complete?.it is not unprecendeted..not meaning MS..but other big companies have killed off promos as such due to waning consumer interest.

There are a number of things wrong with that fear I hardly know where to begin....

1. MS sold out of the Pin Ultimate Edition and had to produce more... they did this 3 times so I would suspect that interest is actually quite high

2. As far as interest among people who bought this edition to actually buying the pins. No one knows what the interest is because none of the pins have been made available yet... but judging by the overwhelming interested in the Pin Ultimate edition I would suspect that interest is quite high. Many people who don't even own the edition (or even an Xbox One) have expressed interest in buying the pins which is why they're being made available for sale even for people who didn't buy the edition.

3. MS isn't making the pins, nor did they design or even come up with the idea for the Pin Ultimate edition... Penny Arcade did. Microsoft has licensed the KI characters and design to Penny Arcade. Penny Arcade will be making and selling the pins no matter what Microsoft does... Microsoft would have to not just give up but completely REVOKE the licensing deal that they've made with Penny Arcade... which would mean they would have exert all kinds of extra legal effort and spend tens of thousands of dollars in order to make the pins not happen. I just don't see that as a likely possibility.

4. Penny Arcade has made it clear that they want to work with other game companies to produce officially licensed pins for other games. Killer Instinct is their foot in the door. Penny Arcade has a very VERY strong interest in making sure this happens and is successful because if it fails then it kills off a substantial marketing and money making opportunity for them.

5. Microsoft sold this product as a Meta-game where you can earn real items for playing this game... this is not a "promotion" it's a product... I paid $60 for the privlage to earn Pins... if they "cancel" this they're going to have THOUSANDS of very angry customers who will want their pins or their money back. It would be equivalent to them just permanently pulling the servers on a game that is only a few months old without warning. Given all the shit Microsoft has dealt with so far this generation, it would not go very well for them.

I'm not saying it's impossible... but it's so very far out of the realm of likely possibilities that I just don't see it happening.

twistedsymphony
01-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Anyone who wants up to the minute information on the KI Pins should follow this account: @HonestHippo

that's the Penny Arcade guy responsible for working with MS on the Pin program. He also seems to be doing pin giveaways.

Apparently only 600 people who registered the Pin Ultimate Edition actually earned the first pin. and he also explained why the Pin Ultimate Edition was only available in the US (apparently countries like Germany and Australia wouldn't allow importation of the game since the included KI Classic was unrated).

Likey
01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the write up.

I received my boxset and registered my code. Would be great if I can get free pins and just pay for shipping to the UK.

I will purchase the two new t-shirts to go along my Sabrewulf and Combo Breaker (hopefully free) as my first order with Pinny Arcade.

Anyone got any Killer Instinct merchandise for sale?

Likey
01-30-2014, 01:29 AM
Damn it, I was offered 80 USD for KI Killer Cuts and KI Gold Cuts shipped to the UK and then get changed his mind.

Didn't expect it to reach 295 USD just now!

I didn't even bid in the end but wanted to see how much it would go for!

http://bit.ly/1gs4c6P

Ayiu
01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the write up.

I received my boxset and registered my code. Would be great if I can get free pins and just pay for shipping to the UK.

I will purchase the two new t-shirts to go along my Sabrewulf and Combo Breaker (hopefully free) as my first order with Pinny Arcade.

Anyone got any Killer Instinct merchandise for sale?

can you please come back to me and let me know if it worked?

twistedsymphony
01-30-2014, 12:20 PM
A whole bunch of new challenges popped up for KI last night, the first of which starts today... http://www.trueachievements.com/Killer-Instinct/challenges.htm?gamerid=9608

Most of them are not likely related to pins since they only have a time span of about a week each... except for this one:

World Tour Part 2
You defeated 7 Different Characters in Online Matches
starts 8 Feb 14
ends 30 Mar 14

That's a whole month to get it done, just like the On A Roll Challenge... So I would suspect that this one will be a Pin Challenge... and probably considerably easier than On A Roll (it doesn't say ranked so it could be boosted with a friend)

--------
All of the other challenges could be done in off-line mode except for this one:
On a Streak
You won 5 Consecutive Ranked Matches!
starts: 20 Feb 14
ends: 27 Feb 14

Which I think is a giant middle finger of a challenge to everyone who had trouble with On A roll... hopefully this isn't a pin challenge, especially considering you'll only have a week to complete it.

Ayiu
01-30-2014, 12:23 PM
A whole bunch of new challenges popped up for KI last night, the first of which starts today... http://www.trueachievements.com/Killer-Instinct/challenges.htm?gamerid=9608

Most of them are not likely related to pins since they only have a time span of about a week each... except for this one:

World Tour Part 2
You defeated 7 Different Characters in Online Matches
starts 8 Feb 14
ends 30 Mar 14

That's a whole month to get it done, just like the On A Roll Challenge... So I would suspect that this one will be a Pin Challenge... and probably considerably easier than On A Roll (it doesn't say ranked so it could be boosted with a friend)

--------
All of the other challenges could be done in off-line mode except for this one:
On a Streak
You won 5 Consecutive Ranked Matches!
starts: 20 Feb 14
ends: 27 Feb 14

Which I think is a giant middle finger of a challenge to everyone who had trouble with On A roll... hopefully this isn't a pin challenge, especially considering you'll only have a week to complete it.

Also a new character (Spinal) will be released tomorrow with 14 new achievements. That's probably why there are so much new challenges.

Likey
01-30-2014, 12:31 PM
I have registered my PIN Ultimate Edition but still waiting for @HonestHippo to confirm my registration has been processed. I'm also unsure if I am entitled to the first pin as I registered after 20th January. Received my copy on 22nd January but I did complete the 'On a Roll' challenge where I win 4 online ranked matches in a row. (Best is 6 in a row so far).

Will let you know when I've got mine confirmed but looking to make a purchase with Pinny Arcade next week so hopefully there t-shirts and pins won't be sold out straight away.

Also, he said these boxsets are really limited edition so get one while they are still available.

twistedsymphony
01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
I have registered my PIN Ultimate Edition but still waiting for @HonestHippo to confirm my registration has been processed. I'm also unsure if I am entitled to the first pin as I registered after 20th January. Received my copy on 22nd January but I did complete the 'On a Roll' challenge where I win 4 online ranked matches in a row. (Best is 6 in a row so far).

Will let you know when I've got mine confirmed but looking to make a purchase with Pinny Arcade next week so hopefully there t-shirts and pins won't be sold out straight away.

Also, he said these boxsets are really limited edition so get one while they are still available.

I got a 2nd confirmation email on Tuesday... the email even stated that some people might have received a 2nd email.... I feel like this whole thing isn't very well organized, though I have faith that, at least, @HonestHippo will be doing his best to make things work for people.

---------------

I should also mention that on the Penny Arcade forum @HonestHippo mentioned that one of the challenges would be related to attending PAXEast which is kind of lame IMO considering its long since sold out and obviously a lot of people wont be able to attend... Here's hoping that they provide an alternative method to "earn" that pin beyond just buying it.

KnightOfTruth
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Damn it, I was offered 80 USD for KI Killer Cuts and KI Gold Cuts shipped to the UK and then get changed his mind.

WoW!!! I think I still have that Soundtrack with Spinal on it somewhere, will have to dig it up, definitely didn't realize it was worth that much at all. I've got no real interest in keeping it either -- yay $$! :)

Texas Fire
01-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Wow! I didn't even know they released a KI Gold Cuts CD...

TF

Likey
01-30-2014, 11:27 PM
I didn't until I saw that listing. I certainly haven't seen both in jewel cases either. The original Killer Cuts was given away with the game and was in a slip case. The only reason this hiked up so much was because of the extra rare Gold Cuts CD. He had good instinct to not sell it to me for $80, sigh!!!

I so should have taken the offer but who knew it would reach nearly 300 dollars haha.

I don't feel so bad because I found the Gold Cuts mp3 files online and transferred them to my iPhone to listen to.

At least I have the 1995 KI t-shirt and necklace on it's way to me. I also have two sets of the 1996 comics (issues 1-6) as well.

Shame I didn't get those soundtracks but can't win everything. :)

Likey
02-01-2014, 12:22 AM

can you please come back to me and let me know if it worked?

I got a 2nd confirmation email on Tuesday... the email even stated that some people might have received a 2nd email.... I feel like this whole thing isn't very well organized, though I have faith that, at least, @HonestHippo will be doing his best to make things work for people.

---------------

I should also mention that on the Penny Arcade forum @HonestHippo mentioned that one of the challenges would be related to attending PAXEast which is kind of lame IMO considering its long since sold out and obviously a lot of people wont be able to attend... Here's hoping that they provide an alternative method to "earn" that pin beyond just buying it.
Great news! I just got an email with my discount code so I am entitled to this deal so it isn't restricted to the US.

I just placed my order for the Combo Breaker and KI 8-button t-shirts as well as the Combo Breaker and Sabrewulf pins.

Very good day! Got my pin discount, Spinal is playable and my KI 1995 t-shirt arrived today too. :)

twistedsymphony
02-01-2014, 12:26 AM
I just got an email with my discount code for my challenge pin.

Both the saber wolf and the combo breaker pins are available now in the penny arcade store. Basically you buy the pins normally and then plug in the coupon code for 100% off the price of the challenge pin... shipping for the two pins is under $5.

They also stated that the code is only good for one use and will expire after 60 days.

Likey
02-01-2014, 12:32 AM
The discount code did make me laugh. :)

Texas Fire
02-10-2014, 03:57 AM
Both the saber wolf and the combo breaker pins are available now in the penny arcade store. Basically you buy the pins normally and then plug in the coupon code for 100% off the price of the challenge pin... shipping for the two pins is under $5.

Where's the link to purchase the Combo Breaker and/or Sabrewulf pins at? I went on Pinny Arcades website, but all I could find were articles talking about said pins...

TF

twistedsymphony
02-10-2014, 04:20 AM
Where's the link to purchase the Combo Breaker and/or Sabrewulf pins at? I went on Pinny Arcades website, but all I could find were articles talking about said pins...

TF

The Pinny Arcade site is just for news and information, Pins are sold through the Penny Arcade store:

the KI pins (all of them) will be sold through the penny-arcade online store, I'm pretty sure they ship internationally too.
http://store.penny-arcade.com/search?q=pin

None of them are available yet but that's where EVERYONE, including pin-ultimate edition owners will be getting their pins.

toxicatom5
02-23-2014, 05:07 PM
So, this month's challenge was probably easy enough for most of you out there, but I really wasn't kidding when I said I'm horrible at this game. The challenge for the month was to get a supreme victory and then go through a big rigmarole with upload studio. Anyway, I lost my first 54 matches straight -- you read that correctly 54 straight without ever winning. But my 55th match was magical. Not only did I win, I won it in style with a supreme victory for my first win ever to complete the pin challenge. Woo hoo so pumped right now!

twistedsymphony
03-05-2014, 11:13 AM
So, this month's challenge was probably easy enough for most of you out there, but I really wasn't kidding when I said I'm horrible at this game. The challenge for the month was to get a supreme victory and then go through a big rigmarole with upload studio. Anyway, I lost my first 54 matches straight -- you read that correctly 54 straight without ever winning. But my 55th match was magical. Not only did I win, I won it in style with a supreme victory for my first win ever to complete the pin challenge. Woo hoo so pumped right now!

I can't believe I completely missed this challenge... oh well at least I'll be able to buy the pin :-/

let me know when the coupons go out... I'd hate to miss BUYING it too.

Likey
03-05-2014, 11:33 AM
I keep tabs by logging onto the Double Helix Forum.

Here's the thread where HonestHippo will update us.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition.3262/page-33#post-162805

twistedsymphony
03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I keep tabs by logging onto the Double Helix Forum.

Here's the thread where HonestHippo will update us.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition.3262/page-33#post-162805

Thanks, I'll be keeping tabs there... I think we should try to keep this thread as up to date as possible.

Supposedly the next challenge will be achievement based and announced sometime today. Also the next character pin is Thunder.

Likey
03-05-2014, 06:58 PM
As long as the moderators don't mind then I'll be happy to update this thread with updates.

Will of course post the source of where I get the information too.

Still looking forward to Fulgore and Story Mode. :)

Fingers crossed I win a free Glacius pin, my video was rubbish but hoping my email was good.

toxicatom5
03-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to keep everyone updated in case you haven't seen it already....

This month's pin challenge is very straightforward: you must conquer the "World Tour Part 2" in-game challenge.

Conquering this challenge requires you to defeat 7 different characters in Online Matches of any kind, Ranked or Exhibition.

The challenge ends on March 31, 2014 by 00:00 UTC. You can check how much time you still have on the Achievements app.

toxicatom5
03-12-2014, 02:02 AM
So, does anyone have interest in boosting this with me? And by that I really just mean will anyone let me beat them 7 times in exhibition matches (where you use a different character each time)? I'll gladly let you beat me as well, although you might not need me to lay down my controller like I will need you to. :) Looking to do this this weekend sometime.

Texas Fire
03-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Just making sure still, but currently are there only FOUR pins available right now? The KI, Jago, Combo Breaker and Sabrewulf pins? Are there others available, or have they announced the release of the next one(s)?

TF

toxicatom5
03-29-2014, 04:54 PM
There's also the supreme victory and glacius pins. Next challenge ends tomorrow--see my post above. I need help boosting this one, I've only won against two characters.

toxicatom5
03-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm down to needing to beat just 2 or 3 characters (not sure if Jago and Shadow Jago count as 1 or 2 character wins). This month's pin challenge ends at 8pm EST tonight. Not a lot of time left. Still open to boosting this with someone if we can arrange a time that works for both of us.

Likey
03-30-2014, 08:50 PM
I'll help you but won't be home for another 2 hours.

PM me and we'll do this today for you.

toxicatom5
03-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Pm sent! Thanks!

toxicatom5
03-30-2014, 10:48 PM
I'll help you but won't be home for another 2 hours.

PM me and we'll do this today for you.

Thanks Likey -- appreciate your help! Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor with some achievement in the future!

Likey
03-31-2014, 08:13 AM
No problem, glad you got it done just in time.

I need to order last month's pins as well as this month's when the discount code come out.

Likey
04-07-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm a little lost without the Double Helix forum.

Please could someone provide details of where I can read up about the latest information such as the April Pin challenges and where to post and ask questions?

Many thanks.

toxicatom5
04-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I don't think anything has been announced yet. Dan Taveras (honesthippo) posted this:

There will be some changes to how we run the Pinultimate Promotion. Might impact communication a bit. Stay tuned!

Ayiu
04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
new KI character is available now. It's Fulgore. I guess World Tour Part 3 is coming soon as a challenge.

Edit: Also Arcade Mode is now available, too.

twistedsymphony
04-11-2014, 01:14 AM
the "challenge" for this month's pin is LAME

I just got the newsletter:
Our pin for April is a special KI Fightstick pin. There are a few ways you can get this pin:

· Fans can challenge Dave M. (@DaveMcNinja) to a KI fight at the Xbox booth – but only those who can find and defeat Dave will get a pin!

· All participants in the KI tournament hosted by Major League Gaming (MLG) at Turtle Beach’s booth will also get a KI Fightstick Pin

· But what if you can’t make it to PAX East this year? No worries - the pins will be available for sale as soon as the conference is finished

So basically if you're not one of those people lucky enough to get tickets to PAX East when they sold out a year ago you're basically relegated to just buying the pin... LAME

toxicatom5
04-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Yup. Big middle finger to us all. Awesome.

Likey
04-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah lame but at least we do have the option to buy, I was worried they wouldn't have them for sale which would be REALLY LAME!

twistedsymphony
04-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah lame but at least we do have the option to buy, I was worried they wouldn't have them for sale which would be REALLY LAME!

When I asked about this on Twitter I was told that the only ones going up for sale would be those that were left over from the convention. <_<

I really hope that's not true.

Likey
04-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Are you serious?! I would be mega pissed off if that is true!!!!

toxicatom5
04-12-2014, 05:20 AM
I don't get this move at all. This edition was created as a way to generate money over time through the pins while also providing a way to keep fans who choose to participate engaged. Not only would this move make it nearly impossible for those fans to participate, but if they are only giving them away at PAX and selling the leftovers, they aren't generating the revenue. It's a lose lose.

Likey
04-12-2014, 10:24 PM
There's one guy selling it for $75.00 on eBay already. :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinny-Arcade-PAX-East-Exclusive-2014-Killer-Instinct-Fightstick-Pin-Prime-Aus-/261450426467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdfa8e863

toxicatom5
04-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Think I'll take my chances with the "leftovers" they sell later. I'm banking that this has the same production run as the others, and won't be a limited as we're making it out to be.

Likey
04-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I agree! I'm doing the same, there surely has to be enough to sell online!

I was waiting for the March pin discount code but hasn't arrived yet so decided to buy the Glacius and Supreme pins instead of waiting to combine the orders to save on shipping.

twistedsymphony
04-14-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't get this move at all. This edition was created as a way to generate money over time through the pins while also providing a way to keep fans who choose to participate engaged. Not only would this move make it nearly impossible for those fans to participate, but if they are only giving them away at PAX and selling the leftovers, they aren't generating the revenue. It's a lose lose.

I don't think this is a "move"... the impression I get is this... Honest_Hippo was the one driving the pins and keeping this whole thing on track... when Double Helix was removed as the developer, and HH was re-assigned this whole thing fell into disorder.

IIRC the KI Fight stick was supposed to be a 1-off special pin just for PAX, NOT part of the Ultimate Edition... but then without anyone making sure things were getting done properly they were left without a proper challenge and just decided to use the KI fight-stick at PAX to fill the gap...

This is pure speculation on my part but having followed HH's tweets and other stuff regarding the pins I think it's possible that's what happened.

Think I'll take my chances with the "leftovers" they sell later. I'm banking that this has the same production run as the others, and won't be a limited as we're making it out to be.

I agree! I'm doing the same, there surely has to be enough to sell online!

I was waiting for the March pin discount code but hasn't arrived yet so decided to buy the Glacius and Supreme pins instead of waiting to combine the orders to save on shipping.

I'm holding out for the leftovers too but I do believe they will be actual LEFTOVERS and not a full run based on what I mentioned above... Again, I hope I'm wrong

If anyone checks the store and see the KI Fight stick up please post up to let everyone else here know... I know I'll post as soon as I see it.

I haven't got the March code yet either... and I think the fact that it hasn't gone out yet, again has to do with the whole HH thing.

Likey
04-14-2014, 10:19 PM
I enquired about it with Pinny Arcade Email Support, this is his reply:

"I don't have any details on that. I *think* that the Fight Sticks were separate from the Pin Ultimate box set but I'd need to confirm that. If there are any left over we might put them up on the store or the KI team might do something else with them."

Texas Fire
04-14-2014, 11:40 PM
I enquired about it with Pinny Arcade Email Support, this is his reply:

"I don't have any details on that. I *think* that the Fight Sticks were separate from the Pin Ultimate box set but I'd need to confirm that. If there are any left over we might put them up on the store or the KI team might do something else with them."

*sigh*
I'll be glad when this whole pin challenge thing is officially over. Seasons 1 - whatever...This is starting to turn into a guessing game...No consistency it seems...

TF

toxicatom5
04-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Ultratech and Thunder Pins are now available, and the codes for March have been sent out.

Still no new info on the April pin fiasco.

Likey
04-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Thanks buddy, I checked yesterday when I got my discount code in the email but didn't see these listed yet.

Wanted to merge my two orders together but they took so long to email the code.

I guess the April challenge didn't happen and you had to be at PAX. Did anyone here go and willing to sell a pin to me for a reasonable price?

Texas Fire
04-27-2014, 12:55 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Ultratech and Thunder Pins are now available, and the codes for March have been sent out.

Still no new info on the April pin fiasco.Thanks for the heads up..Just out of curiosity, the April pin was the PAX arcade stick one? Any links to one for sale?

TF

toxicatom5
04-27-2014, 01:02 AM
So far, I've seen just a couple on eBay. I'm still holding out for them to go up on the Pinny Arcade shop. Considering that the March pins just now went up for sale, and all the changes that occurred when double helix was bought out by amazon, I'm thinking it might be a little while. I do think they'll go up eventually though.

Texas Fire
04-27-2014, 01:09 AM
So far, I've seen just a couple on eBay. I'm still holding out for them to go up on the Pinny Arcade shop. Considering that the March pins just now went up for sale, and all the changes that occurred when double helix was bought out by amazon, I'm thinking it might be a little while. I do think they'll go up eventually though.

Yeah I'm thinking they'll go up as well. I've seen two arcade pins on eBay, but they're going for three times as much PA would sell them for...

TF

twistedsymphony
04-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I ordered my ultratech and thunder pins today...

ki pins are now officially half done.

Supposedly the pins are going to be released in the same order as the characters were unveiled so that leaves:
-Orchid
-Sadira
-Spinal
-Fulgore

not sure what else they're going to have for the challenge pins... I'd guess we'll see an "ultra combo" pin at some point.

EDIT: and if anyone wants a pin book there's one for sale for $10 on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-Pin-Book-/331183599551?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d1c14afbf

Likey
05-01-2014, 10:10 PM
The pin book would be useless without the Jago and KI pins I reckon.

You can't even buy those from Pinny Arcade.

twistedsymphony
05-02-2014, 04:49 PM
So April has come and gone without a real challenge and the fight stick pin never appeared on the website. What a shame.

Likey
05-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Shit, I really don't want to pay $75 for one. :(

toxicatom5
05-03-2014, 01:16 PM
So are you thinking this thing is going to be totally abandoned or that eventually someone will pick up where it was left off? It seems like penny arcade would have some interest in finishing not out if it was profitable for them. At $15 a pop, hard to imagine it wasn't.

Likey
05-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Hopefully it'll be continued, I've pretty much gone off the game for a while but not because it is bad, just been busy and it doesn't seem to have much structure or publicity like before. I used to log onto the Double Helix Forum but they ended it and I'm not sure where everyone is now posting.

If anyone could re-link me back to the KI community that'll be great. :)

I'll take a look at KI Central and see if that's the next best place.

Likey
05-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I saw this on eBay! 37 x Killer Instinct SNES games all in VGA cases!

This you really have to see!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321395536769

twistedsymphony
05-04-2014, 02:43 PM
So are you thinking this thing is going to be totally abandoned or that eventually someone will pick up where it was left off? It seems like penny arcade would have some interest in finishing not out if it was profitable for them. At $15 a pop, hard to imagine it wasn't.

I really hope not... I would think that PA would put some effort into keeping the ball rolling. Hopefully they're setting up a new contact with the new developer and we're only delayed a month.

Shit, I really don't want to pay $75 for one. :(

That's if you can even FIND one now... I haven't see any listed on eBay for a while now.

Hopefully it'll be continued, I've pretty much gone off the game for a while but not because it is bad, just been busy and it doesn't seem to have much structure or publicity like before.

Same here, though if you're interested in boosting Fulgore achievements or Ranked wins I'm down... those are really the only achievements I have left in the game. my GT is the same as my screenname here.

I used to log onto the Double Helix Forum but they ended it and I'm not sure where everyone is now posting.

If anyone could re-link me back to the KI community that'll be great. :)
Same here...

I saw this on eBay! 37 x Killer Instinct SNES games all in VGA cases!

This you really have to see!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321395536769

that's nuts, though I always hated the SNES version of the game :lol: still kind of weird that someone would have such a massive pile of that game.

Nows the best time to sell them though. I know the value of the original arcade machines has skyrocketed... it used to be a $400-$500 machine now they're going for $1200-$1600

Texas Fire
05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
No word on the Fightstick being sold with PA yet?
Anywho, here's May's info if it already hasn't been known -->Here (http://ow.ly/wOsCf)

TF

toxicatom5
05-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info TF. I hadn't seen it.

Likey
05-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Ah, forgot about this month's challenge.

I've neglected KI for a while now. :(

toxicatom5
05-17-2014, 01:55 AM
How do you play vs eyedol? Do you have to beat every other character first?

Likey
05-17-2014, 03:19 PM
He's the last boss in KI classic. I haven't attempted this, is the deadline 30th May?

toxicatom5
05-17-2014, 04:19 PM
It only went up on the 13th. Hope they give more than 2 weeks. Seems pretty difficult.

twistedsymphony
05-17-2014, 07:19 PM
It only went up on the 13th. Hope they give more than 2 weeks. Seems pretty difficult.

he's not too difficult.... and it seems you could play him on any difficulty/use as many continues as needed.

like most mid-90s fighters the AI is basically programmed to respond in certain ways to certain attacks so the best way to defeat them is to exploit this to your advantage.

IIRC for eyedol there are a few things you can do that will leave him open to attack (sometimes he does a charge move where he just sits there) ... when this happens dump a combo on him during these times and once you get a head keep your distance and let the time run out.

or if you're Glacious you can just turbo button QP:
i1fP-NJVb_0

a bit harder to execute but here's another cheap trick with Saberwulf that exploits the AI
4OCDP0QyXeA

toxicatom5
05-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the fightstick pin has gone up on the store.

Texas Fire
05-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the fightstick pin has gone up on the store.

Man I'm so glad I waited. I almost paid like $70 for this pin on eBay. Thanks for the heads up! Really appreciate it!

TF

toxicatom5
05-21-2014, 08:24 PM
No problem! Glad I could help. I really didn't want to go the eBay route on this one either. Glad it finally showed up.

Likey
05-22-2014, 10:08 AM
I've beaten Eyedol with Orchid and struggling to do the Glacius trick.

It works for one energy bar by fluke, I was able to smash QP rapidly and took down his first energy bar but can't do it again when he gets up because he batters me.

What is the correct timing and distance? How do I get into that position to exploit him every time because I kept dying and just switched off the game to go sleep. :(

twistedsymphony
05-22-2014, 02:11 PM
I've beaten Eyedol with Orchid and struggling to do the Glacius trick.

It works for one energy bar by fluke, I was able to smash QP rapidly and took down his first energy bar but can't do it again when he gets up because he batters me.

What is the correct timing and distance? How do I get into that position to exploit him every time because I kept dying and just switched off the game to go sleep. :(

it took me a while to get it to work for myself too.

on the first round don't touch the directional pad wait until he walks half way towards you... he should be just barely out of hit range (so the first few button pushes don't hit him) then pound QP like nobody's business.

Once he's knocked down I did the shoulder slide to get him into a combo... make sure you do an ender because if you drop the combo he'll punish you for it... the ender should knock him back a bit... once again don't touch any controls, wait for him to walk towards you and start pounding QP just before he gets into range.

------

if you watch the video he's not just blindly pounding QP... there's a timing element to it, Eyedol needs to be within a sweet spot for range in order for it to work.

I was also on ROM version 1.4... I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I figured 1.4 is the glitchy one so I'd have a better chance of it working there.

twistedsymphony
05-22-2014, 02:16 PM

Thanks!

though now I'm hesitant to order because I don't see this month's character pin up yet (Sadira)... WTF :poke:

EDIT:
so it seems Mike Robles is the new contact for the KI pins:
https://twitter.com/michaelrobles

also he had this to say on the Sadira Pin:
https://twitter.com/michaelrobles/statuses/468881220441739264

... so another week or two before it goes up.... now do I wait until She's up for sale before I order the Fight Stick... or do I buy the Fight stick now and pay twice the shipping :-/ or maybe order the fight stick now and then snag Sadira once the May pins are available.

Likey
05-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I suggest getting 1 KI stick in case it sells out, then get the next batch with KI stick next month as you don't know when they get released.

I'm ordering mine today.

twistedsymphony
05-22-2014, 02:49 PM
yeah I just placed an order for the fight stick pin... figured I might as well order a combo-breaker t-shirt for good measure :P

I'll wait and grab Sadira once Orchid and the Firecat pins come out.

EDIT: SOOOO glad I ordered... honest hippo posted this on the PA forums:

I am plenty sure these will sell out. My guess is that there are less than 200 left.
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/29828869/#Comment_29828869

in that case: ATTENTION PIN COLLECTORS BUY THE FightStick PIN NOW or you could miss out!!!

Likey
05-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Ah good to know.

Made sure I pushed myself to place my order just now!

2 x PAX KI Fight Stick
1 x Thunder
1 x UltraTech

So glad I didn't bid on the eBay ones that hit $70 + shopping! My order was just under $60 shipped.

Anyone noticed that their postage has gone up by over 30%?

Likey
05-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Has anyone got their new pins yet? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

twistedsymphony
05-31-2014, 11:29 PM
Has anyone got their new pins yet? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

My Fightstick pin arrived earlier this week.

also the May challenge deadline has been extended until the 15th.

I really hope they start the June challenge before that to get us back on track.

Likey
06-01-2014, 01:34 AM
I was worried about not completing but also found out there is another 2 weeks to go. :)

twistedsymphony
06-01-2014, 02:03 AM
I was worried about not completing but also found out there is another 2 weeks to go. :)

I just beat eyedol with 2 more characters and have some tips.

with TJ Combo:
Charge Back then Forward+Strong Kick
he'll do a flying knee 9 times out of 10 Eyedol will block it but it will do chip damage ... just keep doing it over and over again for an easy victory

with Sabrewulf:
Charge Back then Forward+Strong Kick
he'll squat down then pounce toward Eyedol, again eyedol will block 9 times out of 10... however because there's no spacing after the hit any small slip up and Eyedol will combo you

So after 1 or 2 of the pounce move, when you're really close to Eyedol do this combo:
Charge Back Then Fordware+Strong Punch, Back+Medium Kick, Forward+Medium Kick.
This should do a spin attack then after a few small hits uppercut Eyedol into the air. DO NOT do this combo unless you're right up next do him, he will usually block the first few hits then let his guard down allowing you to finish the combo, however if you start the spin move too far away he will be able to block the whole spin move and then combo your ass...

Don't jump in toward him either because he'll destroy you that way too...

so do the pounce move once or twice to get in close then combo him... rinse and repeat.

I'm also playing on version 1.4, not sure if it makes a difference.

EDIT:
I was on a real KI Classic kick tonight and knocked out a bunch more achievements... I also completed the game with Spinal... beating eyedol with spinal was a real pain the ass... probably the hardest yet but if you do decide to try your luck I did it with some well placed jump kicks, some well placed slide kicks and this combo

Forward, Forward+Strong Punch, Back+Medium Punch, Down, Down, Down, Down+Any button

like Saburwulf you need to be in very close when starting the combo or else you'll be destroyed.

---------

There is supposedly a glitch that allows you to throw infinite fireballs with Spinal once you've got at least 1 skull... I personally couldn't get the move down but if you can it makes defeating Eyedol easy when used with eyedol's health recharge glitch:

mKFqxSIVy-M

Likey
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the write up, will give it a go soon. :)

Also looks like my pins have been shipped so should get them real soon.

Likey
06-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Just checked and the PAX KI pins are still available.

Shame there's no way to see how many are in stock.

twistedsymphony
06-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the write up, will give it a go soon. :)

Also looks like my pins have been shipped so should get them real soon.

I continued on my KI Classic kick and 100% completed the achievements. :whew:

so if you or anyone else needs help just let me know :)

The TJ Combo method I mentioned for Eyedol is without a doubt the easiest way to take down Eyedol... you can pretty much perfect him if you have decent timing and a little bit of luck. I used him to get the "Thrifty" achievement (beating the game on 1 credit).

toxicatom5
06-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I continued on my KI Classic kick and 100% completed the achievements. :whew:

so if you or anyone else needs help just let me know :)

The TJ Combo method I mentioned for Eyedol is without a doubt the easiest way to take down Eyedol... you can pretty much perfect him if you have decent timing and a little bit of luck. I used him to get the "Thrifty" achievement (beating the game on 1 credit).

Impressive!

Likey
06-15-2014, 11:46 PM
I ended up beating Eyedol with Orchid and TJ Combo, using anyone else is just nearly impossible.

I had to use my controller as I packed away my KI fight stick.

twistedsymphony
06-16-2014, 02:09 PM
oooh you have a fight stick.

I'd love to have one but I find it hard to justify the cost considering I could build one that's better quality for less than half the price.

glad you got the challenge completed :)

Likey
06-16-2014, 11:00 PM
I got it on eBay back in January when it was near impossible to get one! The seller was from the UK and it was near-new so I was pleased.

They've recently announced the new ones for Ultra Street Fighter IV and comes in 2 flavours, one for PS3/4 and one for Xbox 360/One.

Unfortunately the KI is only locked to Xbox One. So unless they update the drivers to work for other platforms it sucks to own it for that reason.

I do love it as it feels amazing to use and worth the money I reckon. Fortunately for you it is a lot cheaper in the US compared to the UK.

twistedsymphony
06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
I got it on eBay back in January when it was near impossible to get one! The seller was from the UK and it was near-new so I was pleased.

They've recently announced the new ones for Ultra Street Fighter IV and comes in 2 flavours, one for PS3/4 and one for Xbox 360/One.

Unfortunately the KI is only locked to Xbox One. So unless they update the drivers to work for other platforms it sucks to own it for that reason.

I do love it as it feels amazing to use and worth the money I reckon. Fortunately for you it is a lot cheaper in the US compared to the UK.

Yeah but it's still $200 here in the US. Considering recently built a 2 player control panel for a custom arcade machine using 100% genuine Sanwa arcade parts from japan and it only ran me $120 (for 2 players)... a $200 price tag for 1 stick is hard for me to justify.

People that sell stick building parts within the Fighting game community have a control board that works with PS3/Xbox 360 and PC right now, in a little while they'll probably make a new version that also supports Xbox One and PS4 so I'll look into buying/modding a stick once that comes out.

For now KI is the only game I can't use a stick with so I'll deal with it for now... hopefully there are some other options come Season 2.

Likey
06-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah let's see what becomes available then.

I paid £185 for mine which is about the same as the rrp (recommended retail price). Compared to $200 that is insanely expensive but it's about the same if I imported it I suppose.

I've neglected the game for ages, must get back on it again as that was the sold purpose of getting the Xbox One.

Please post any news on new pin challenges etc.

Many thanks.

Texas Fire
06-19-2014, 04:23 AM
Side note = Sadira pin is available online now...

TF

twistedsymphony
06-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Side note = Sadira pin is available online now...

TF

thanks for the heads up. I'll probably wait until the next two pins go up so I can save on shipping.

Likey
06-20-2014, 11:27 PM
They've increased the shipping cost the last couple of months too.

Likey
06-20-2014, 11:30 PM
That's for the pin update too.

The PAX pins haven't even sold out. I guess the demand wasn't as high as expected or a lot of people got one at PAX?

toxicatom5
07-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Firecat and Orchid pins are now up.

Anyone know how many we have left that are still coming?

twistedsymphony
07-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Firecat and Orchid pins are now up.

Anyone know how many we have left that are still coming?

I'm kinda pissed the email codes haven't gone out yet <_<
I'm waiting on that so I can order Orchid and Sadira at the same time as my Fire Cat pin (which should be free from the challenge).

have we got a new challenge yet either?

We should have 4 more pins, 2 challenges and 2 characters (Spinal and Fulgore)

the pin challenges were supposed to end in June, it's looking like we're going to be 3 months behind by the end of it.

EDIT:
supposedly the next challenge pin will be Spinal's Shield...

This is just a complete guess but I would think the final challenge pin should be an "Ultra Combo" pin... if there isn't an ultra combo pin then I will be severely disappointed.

toxicatom5
07-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Not sure on the challenges, I've lost track a little bit on those. My history of struggling with them is well documented, guess I just threw in the towel last month. They also aren't very good at communicating them.

twistedsymphony
07-11-2014, 01:51 PM
This has been the most poorly run thing ever...

it had so much potential but it ended up just being a huge source of frustration.

twistedsymphony
07-11-2014, 07:41 PM
just got the email code for the fire-cat pin...

with that I placed my order for sadira, orchid and the fire-cat pins...

they also confirmed that the next 2 pins will be spinal and spinal's shield.

EDIT:

Soooo... apparently the June Pin Challenge is already over. It was the "Come At Me Bro" In-Game Challenge for performing 50 combo breakers and it ended on July 7th: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_one_games/e_-_k/killer_instinct/02_-_official_news_media_and_announcements/f/4635/t/1776879.aspx

The only place it was mentioned was on the official Xbox forums... no twitter announcement, no in-game announcement (that I saw), no post on the Penny-Arcade KI Pin thread, no notification sent to KI-Central

Thankfully I try to complete all the in-game challenges anyway but anyone who doesn't just got royally screwed :(

so yeah... that was for Spinal's shield.... only 1 challenge left now.

------------------------
for reference I've compiled this:

Pin Ultimate Edition
-Character Pin: JAGO
-Challenge Pin: Killer Instinct 3D Logo
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by Buying the Pin Ultimate Edition
-Places Announced: N/A

JANUARY:
-Character Pin: SABREWULF
-Challenge Pin: Combo Breaker
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by completing the "On a Roll" In-Game Challenge (You won 4 Consecutive Ranked Matches!)
-Places Announced: launchworks.net, doublehelixgames.com/forum

FEBRUARY:
-Character Pin: GLACIUS
-Challenge Pin: Supreme Victory
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by recording an entire ranked match in which you earned a supreme victory, editing the to make it "awesome" video using "upload studio", uploading the video to "skydrive", generate a sharable link, and emailing the link to kinst@microsoft.com with an essay as to why the video you submitted is "more supreme" than the other submissions. (5 Submissions were also chosen to win a code for the Glacius character pin as well) *
-Places Announced: launchworks.net, doublehelixgames.com/forum, Twitter(HonestHippo), killerinstinctcentral.com

MARCH:
-Character Pin: THUNDER
-Challenge Pin: Ultra Tech Logo
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by completing the "World Tour Part 2" In-Game Challenge (You defeated 7 Different Characters in Online Matches)
-Places Announced: official-email, launchworks.net, doublehelixgames.com/forum, killerinstinctcentral.com

APRIL:
-Character Pin: SADIRA
-Challenge Pin: FightStick
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by Attending PAX East 2014 and competing in the MLG hosted KI Tournament or by challenge and defeating Dave M at KI in the KI booth.
-Places Announced: official-email, launchworks.net+, forums.xbox.com+, Twitter(HonestHippo)+, killerinstinctcentral.com+

MAY:
-Character Pin: ORCHID
-Challenge Pin: Firecat
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by Defeating Eyedol with 2 different characters in Killer Instinct Classic *
-Places Announced: launchworks.net, forums.xbox.com, killerinstinctcentral.com

JUNE:
-Character Pin: SPINAL
-Challenge Pin: Spinal's Shield
-Challenge Requirements: Earned by completing the "Come at Me" In-Game Challenge (You performed 50 Combo Breakers!)
-Places Announced: forums.xbox.com, killerinstinctcentral.com

FINALE:
-Character Pin: FULGORE
-Challenge Pin: Shadow Jago
-Earned by completing the "World Tour Part 3" In-Game Challenge (You defeated 8 Different Characters in Online Matches)
-Places Announced: official-email (sent only to those who completed the May challenge)

* = must be completed within the challenge window.
+ = pin was mentioned but it was not made clear that it was a challenge pin, only that it was an "exclusive" event pin

toxicatom5
07-12-2014, 03:49 AM
We'll that's news. What the heck! They really made no attempt to get word out on that one. Can't wait to finish this up and move on.

twistedsymphony
07-12-2014, 06:17 AM
We'll that's news. What the heck! They really made no attempt to get word out on that one. Can't wait to finish this up and move on.

I just realized the email with the Fire-Cat code also revealed the final challenge and pin

complete "World Tour Part 3" in-game challenge
the pin is Shadow Jago...

:sleep: what a lame "finale"

Thankfully I completed World Tour Part 3 last weekend so all I have to do now is wait for the last 2 emails to collect my pins and wash my hands of this crap.

I really hope they DONT do pins for Season 2... or if they do they better get their act together.

Ayiu
07-12-2014, 09:52 AM
really looking forward to a picture of the complete folio :clap:

twistedsymphony
07-12-2014, 02:39 PM
really looking forward to a picture of the complete folio :clap:

It will probably be another or two. the final challenge doesn't end until the end of this month then it usually takes them a few weeks to get the codes out (we just yesterday received the code for May)

but I'll post up a pic once it's done :)

Likey
07-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Is there any chance we can complain about missing the June challenge?

I didn't know about it until I received the email. Was it even on the meld/notifications when you load up KI? If not then this is poorly organised and they should make an exception and give us a deadline to do it.

They should know that a lot of people haven't been informed by the reduced number of codes being sent out for the June challenge compared to the previous months.

twistedsymphony
07-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Is there any chance we can complain about missing the June challenge?

I didn't know about it until I received the email. Was it even on the meld/notifications when you load up KI? If not then this is poorly organised and they should make an exception and give us a deadline to do it.

They should know that a lot of people haven't been informed by the reduced number of codes being sent out for the June challenge compared to the previous months.

People on the penny-arcade forums are totally pissed about the June challenge and have been complaining to Mike Robles on twitter since it's his responsibility to keep people informed about this stuff.

he said he's "working on a solution" but I haven't heard anything about what that might be.

Honestly the whole pin challenge has gone to complete shit ever since HonnestHippo left as community manager and Mr Robles took over.

1. His first pin was the Fight stick and we all know how well THAT went. I even looked over all the official announcements and the ONLY place where it was mentioned that it was a pin-challenge pin was in the email that went out.... everywhere else it was mentioned as just a unique pin special for the conference with no mention of it being related to the monthly challenges.

2. Then of course they botched the May "Defeat Eyedol" challenge and had to extend the deadline two weeks because they couldn't be bothered to actually start the challenge properly.

3. Then we have the June challenge where the only place it was mentioned was on a Xbox.com forums in a post that nobody saw.

4. now the July challenge is currently running and the only place that was announced is in an email that only went to the winners of the May challenge...

I honestly can't wait for the pin challenges to be done so I can stop following that Joker on Twitter.

Likey
07-14-2014, 02:51 PM
What a messy situation. Even the email sent was a mess with a few errors thrown in.

Hopefully something can be done because he needs to redeem himself. Fast!!

Likey
07-15-2014, 12:20 AM
New official KI forum:

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/

Twisted
08-01-2014, 06:28 AM
is this game the same?... this PHYSICAL DISC release of Killer Instinct ? http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/31/killer-instinct-combo-breaker-pack-will-fight-its-way-into-a-physical-release-on-september-23rd/

twistedsymphony
08-01-2014, 01:40 PM
is this game the same?... this PHYSICAL DISC release of Killer Instinct ? http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/31/killer-instinct-combo-breaker-pack-will-fight-its-way-into-a-physical-release-on-september-23rd/

yup it supposedly includes all the content from season 1 on disc as well as a DLC code for TJ Combo. (according to Robles on Twitter: TJ Combo will be available for download through the market place on the same day in September)

eternix
08-01-2014, 04:09 PM
I was soo happy to hear about this. ^_^

Texas Fire
08-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Awesome! Even though they should have done this from jump street...

TF

Twisted
08-01-2014, 10:46 PM
i want to see a new collectors edition done proper with physical game and some outside artwork not just a black background with white letters..but i doubt it at this point.

Texas Fire
08-01-2014, 11:03 PM
i want to see a new collectors edition done proper with physical game and some outside artwork not just a black background with white letters..but i doubt it at this point.

Yeah that would be awesome (Or would have been)! One that came with like an artbook, steelbook and/or statue...

TF

StayFree( ' 3')
08-02-2014, 01:00 AM
I would have laughed if it came with all the pins...(crosses fingers)

toxicatom5
08-02-2014, 01:21 AM
StayFree, uncross those evil fingers. I have a voodoo doll in your likeness and am armed with a plethora of Killer Instinct pins. Don't make me use them.

StayFree( ' 3')
08-03-2014, 10:38 AM
StayFree, uncross those evil fingers. I have a voodoo doll in your likeness and am armed with a plethora of Killer Instinct pins. Don't make me use them.

lol. I'm just bummed out since my initial plan of having someone else do all the hard work of collecting the pins and hopefully resell it is out the door. Seeing everyone going through hell collecting them all I doubt I will ever see the damn things be sold less than 1 mil.

toxicatom5
08-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Haha! Yes, this has been a grind for sure. Even if someone has done all of the challenges, they would still have paid for the second pin from each challenge period and of course the shipping each time. It's been a pricey collection to keep up with.

twistedsymphony
08-04-2014, 07:48 PM
It was expensive but running pretty well for a while, then the whole thing fell to pieces right around E3 with the fight-stick pin and then changing community managers.

I mean the last two pins challenges were never mentioned in the in-game meld. and the only place the last pin challenge was announced was on the completed challenge email from the May pin... so you were never officially told if you never personally completed the May challenge.

The only thing that held this whole debacle together over the last couple of month has been people within the community looking out for each other and spreading the word. I feel bad for anyone who has been following this alone through nothing but official channels.

Twisted
08-19-2014, 05:36 AM
i was going to buy this on disc Killer Instinct game, but i am thinking within 12 months there will probably be a rerelease some sort of "game of the year'..or "complete" edition of sorts...so i am going to wait this one out.

twistedsymphony
08-19-2014, 02:06 PM
yeah there's no real reason to bite....

have you seen the info about Season 2?

Season 2 Begins October 15, 2014

Product overview: ?Microsoft Studios and the development team at Iron Galaxy are excited to reveal that starting on October 15th, Killer Instinct: Season 2 begins with new fighters, enhanced game modes, and a completely revamped sleek interface.

Fans will have several options to purchase Killer Instinct: Season 2, which includes special discounted fighter packages:

• Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition $39.99/34.99 Pounds/39.99 EURO
o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
o Select fighter costumes and accessory packs
o Killer Instinct 2 Classic – a perfect port of the arcade game with full multiplayer support for intense fighting over Xbox Live
o Content Early Access – Customers who buy the Ultra Edition will get early access to characters and customization items before anyone else

• Killer Instinct: Season 2 - Combo Breaker $19.99/16.99 Pounds/19.99 EURO
o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
• Players can also purchase Season 2 fighters individually as they are made available for $4.99/ 3.99 Pounds/4.99 EURO each

For fans who want to get TJ Combo early, they can purchase the Killer Instinct: Season 2 - Ultra Edition between September 23rd and October 14th. This offer not only includes instantly adding TJ Combo to the roster, but also gives fans early access to Killer Instinct 2 Classic.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that award-winning composer Mick Gordon will return to produce the soundtrack for Killer Instinct: Season 2 and Kevin Bayliss, the original art director for Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2, will design eight costumes for Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition. The Killer Instinct: Season 1 soundtrack as well as the original Killer Cuts will also be available to purchase on September 23rd.

More details on Killer Instinct: Season 2 will be released closer to launch. Killer Instinct: Season 1 is currently available for purchase digitally on Xbox One and a special retail version will be available starting September 23.

Source: http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1214.0
If season 2 sells we might get a season 3, which would be cool.

So if you buy the ultra edition on September 23rd you'll get TJ Combo and KI2 Classic that day... Maya will become available on October 10th, then a new fighter every month after that.

AND KI2 Classic will feature online multiplayer which will be damn cool :)

Texas Fire
08-19-2014, 07:25 PM
AND KI2 Classic will feature online multiplayer which will be damn cool :)

What?! A KI2 online port? OMG! I'm very excited! Hell I still play KI1 to this day (If only they made it online)..I can't wait!

TF

Likey
08-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Hey guys,

Was there an August pin challenge? The last one I did was the one where I had to beat all the characters, similar to before.

Many thanks.

twistedsymphony
08-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,

Was there an August pin challenge? The last one I did was the one where I had to beat all the characters, similar to before.

Many thanks.

NOPE... July was the final challenge, now we just wait for them to never remember to send us our pin codes.

you can see a breakdown of all the challenges here: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showpost.php?p=225640&postcount=139

Likey
08-25-2014, 11:02 PM
I would like for them to recognise that a lot of fans didn't do the previous challenge to earn their free pin. :/

Let's hope they have some good will in them and will honour those who missed it a second chance.

I still need to order the pin with the code given, hope it's not too late. :/

twistedsymphony
08-26-2014, 04:12 PM
I would like for them to recognise that a lot of fans didn't do the previous challenge to earn their free pin. :/

Let's hope they have some good will in them and will honour those who missed it a second chance.

I still need to order the pin with the code given, hope it's not too late. :/

the last codes to go out were for the Firecat pins... nothing new has appeared in the Penny Arcade Store since then and no codes have gone out since then.

Likey
08-26-2014, 09:17 PM
It still says pre-order for the 3 pins on the Pinny Arcade website.

Have you received those or they aren't available yet?

twistedsymphony
08-27-2014, 01:37 PM
It still says pre-order for the 3 pins on the Pinny Arcade website.

Have you received those or they aren't available yet?

the web site is wrong, they will ship if you order them. I received mine weeks ago.

Likey
08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Good to know, thank you!

twistedsymphony
09-18-2014, 07:29 PM
In Pin news the spinal and Spinal Shield pins are supposed to go up for sale "this week" according to a tweet from someone.

In KI news THIS trailer was released:
Ru4b3yaxttM

I lke the character design and the level design but I'm not liking the animation reminds me of MK5 and 6 which is really bad. I do like the new mummy character.

twistedsymphony
09-23-2014, 06:10 PM
KI Season 2 Ultra Edition (not physical just a download) went up for sale today. $40
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Killer-Instinct-Season-2-Ultra-Edition/a3f37ae2-69d4-4b8a-b162-26e9e3ab7ab2

You get TJ Combo and KI2 Classic right away, Ultra edition includes
-8 new fighters
-8 new costumes
-16 accessory packs
-KI2 Classic game

Released at a rate of 1 fighter a month, with TJ Combo out now and Maya coming next month. No hard information on additional fighters though they alluded to Cinder as well as a new character that looks like an Egyptian Mummy (though Iron Galaxy has stated that is in-fact NOT a "mummy").
---------

In Pin news I tweeted at Mike Robles and we're supposedly going to get codes for the last two pins "This Week". Then again it was "this week" last week so we'll see.

https://twitter.com/TheMikeRobles/status/514424655743291392

Likey
09-23-2014, 08:42 PM
The Maya trailer is really good.

Mike Robles has emailed the Shadow Jago pin code but on the website I don't see it listed, only see Spinal, Spinal shield and the UltraTech t-shirt for sale.

http://store.penny-arcade.com/collections/killer-instinct

He also mentioned in the email that he's giving those who didn't do all the pin challenges to have another chance. So I think I'll skip paying for the Spinal Shield or just screw it and buy it anyway and have a spare when he finally decides to let me do the challenge that I missed back in June or whenever it was.

This is what he said:

"I know there have been a bunch of you who didn’t get the Spinal Shield and I’m working on that. We’re planning on doing some “missed challenges” where you can have the opportunity to get any pins you might have missed. I apologize for the delay in transitions for this project, and I Thank You for sticking with me through this. Enjoy your pins! You’ve earned them."

twistedsymphony
09-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Yeah they screwed up... they never sent codes for the spinal pin. and they haven't posted the Shadow Jago/Fulgore pin to the shop yet.
They've sent out the Spinal Codes now. Shadow Jago/Fulgore pins still aren't in the store yet.

twistedsymphony
09-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Shadow Jago and Fulgore are now in the PA Store.

toxicatom5
09-29-2014, 04:09 PM
...and with that we bid adieu to this edition. Glad it's over with!

twistedsymphony
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
...and with that we bid adieu to this edition. Glad it's over with!

Supposedly these last pins wont be shipping until NOVEMBER :hammer:

Also if anyone runs into this problem the PA store wouldn't let me use 2 codes on 1 order... so I contacted them and they said to place 3 pins +1 code on one order and 1pin+1 code on another order and then contact them with the order numbers and they'll refund the second shipping charge and merge the orders.

toxicatom5
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Supposedly these last pins wont be shipping until NOVEMBER :hammer:

Ha, of course! Well I've placed my order. As long as they don't screw something up, I'm out. I stopped trying for the codes a while back, so luckily I don't have to worry about that debacle -- I hope it all works out for everyone else like they told you it would. Maybe since you're dealing directly with the store that part will go smoothly. Good luck all!

twistedsymphony
09-30-2014, 02:04 PM
yeah I got my order in too... I'll be glad when I get the final few pins in to complete the folio and but this whole debacle behind me.

It had a lot of potential but it was just poorly run and the pin designs and challenges were just uncreative, total missed opportunity.

twistedsymphony
11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
finally got the last two pins today... here's a quick pic of the completed folio:
http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10731915_570330073099534_2097887849_n.jpg

Texas Fire
11-02-2014, 11:45 PM
finally got the last two pins today... here's a quick pic of the completed folio:
http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10731915_570330073099534_2097887849_n.jpg

I'm curious as to how much a completed KI CE would go for?

TF

toxicatom5
11-03-2014, 12:15 AM
On top of the cost, this was a serious time investment and a pain in the keister to put together. It would take a lot for me to part with mine. Besides that I would guess there are very few completed sets out there. Many likely gave up, or didn't want to invest the time/money to finish it out.

By the way, looks great Twistedsymphony!!!

twistedsymphony
11-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Assuming you didn't earn any pins and just bought them all it would cost $270 including the original $60 cost for the game with the folio and the first two pins.

Not to mention you're spending additional money on shipping for all those pins and the original folio and there was no way around that. (around $3.50 per two pins) so that's another $25 or so just for pin shipping even if you earned the pins.

If you can still find the folio and the first two pins for $60 you can technically buy this new for a little under $300 shipped... I don't think I would part from mine at that price though.

StayFree( ' 3')
11-03-2014, 11:42 AM

Glad to hear everything worked out for you guys in the end (despite the obvious hell you all had to go through). It looks damn nice, with April being my personal favorite.

The regret of not doing this myself is slowly creeping up on me. lol

Ayiu
11-03-2014, 11:47 AM

love it <3, Thanks for sharing :v:

twistedsymphony
11-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out for you guys in the end (despite the obvious hell you all had to go through). It looks damn nice, with April being my personal favorite.

The regret of not doing this myself is slowly creeping up on me. lol

April and Feb are the only two challenge pins I didn't actually earn and ended up just having to buy.

April because you had to attend PAX East to get it
Feb because the challenge was some convoluted mess where you had to use the Xbox's video recording functionality to record an online supreme victory and then write some letter about why you deserve to get a pin. I didn't know about the challenge until it was too late but I don't think I would have done it anyway.

In Feb though, they picked 5 of the best videos and letter and gave away an additional code for the Glacius pin, so that's one more you might not have had to buy.