PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Autographed Hideo Kojima Print #1/1 for Charity

treegate
01-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone, for you Metal Gear Solid fans I wanted to share with something really quite unique and hopefully a few of you decide to bid as all proceeds from the sale of this item will be going to support the "Behind the Badge Foundation". This will be an eBay auction that will be going live today at 12:00pm pacific time (roughly ten minutes from now as I type this). The auction number is 131091626148 and is a no-reserve auction.

This is a Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes autographed print that I had printed up shortly before PAX Prime 2012 here in Seattle that was signed in person by creator Hideo Kojima. This was the first screenshot from the game announced shortly before PAX Prime 2012 so I decided to pull the image from the internet and have a copy of it made in hopes to have it signed by Kojima which I was able to make happen (see auction) and it is numbered #1/1.

A complete history of this print can be found on the item description page of the auction. I wanted to post here because I know there are many good people here who would be interested in at least viewing the auction, and hopefully many here who will bid. The images I have placed below, again the auction goes live shortly and will run for one week. My apologies in advance for the long wordy item description, I just felt the more detailed the better. Any questions please contact me via eBay or send me a private message here. Thanks everyone!

http://i39.tinypic.com/21f0774.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/23ixhe9.jpg

jugolicious
01-12-2014, 06:24 AM
hmm, was this numbered by you or Hideo Kojima?

treegate
01-12-2014, 06:30 AM
hmm, was this numbered by you or Hideo Kojima?

It was numbered by me at the show right after he signed it with the same gold Sharpie pen. This wasn't a print that was offered at the show or sold anywhere, it was simply something I had printed up by taking the image to a copy place and having a photo print made of it. Since I wasn't sure if anything would be provided for MGS: GZ at PAX I just decided the night before to have this done. The Konami staff greeted me after he signed it and took a look at it and commented on it and that is when I numbered it. Basically they were ushering people up onto a small stage, handing them a 25th anniversary small poster and Kojima signed that for fans and then they would walk off the stage. People were still getting in line for the signing but by that time, they were being told that they probably would not be able to get up to meet him because he was only expected to be signing for an hour.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away! :)