PDA

View Full Version : New Steelbook Collector

MSNC13
01-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm quite new to the world of steelbook collecting and I was hoping if you guys could give me some tips, advice or anything else that I should be aware of going into this hobby.

I only plan on collecting steelbooks for my gaming library and so far I have a total of 9 steelbooks in my PS3 and PS4 library. I also recently bought a pack of steelshell plastic slipcovers from blu-steels.com.

Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated for a newbie.

SwiftDeath
01-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Hmm if you are looking to expand your collection of steelbooks then you're pretty much going to have to buy them online from ebay or sites like CE.org, likely from other countries even. As such, communicating that steelbooks require special care while being packed is crucial. I love steelbooks <3 but I do realize they are fairly fragile as such it is best to ask any seller you buy from to package like this

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13176

Often I attach the photos in a message I send to an ebay seller I buy a steelbook from to encourage correct packing of the steelbook.

MSNC13
01-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Well other than pre-orders and collectors editions, I've gotten most of my steelbooks either through ebay or craigslist.

Yeah I see how fragile they appear to be hence why I bought those slipcovers.

MSNC13
01-29-2014, 11:16 PM
That is a great idea to get them packaged. I'll remember to save that and ask the shipper to do it as so next time I buy online.

Twisted
01-30-2014, 05:06 AM
the grail is considered the mirrors edge steelbook..and just maybe, maybe..the French xenoblade chronicles steelbook as well.

Zaku77
02-19-2014, 02:21 AM
Did the Xenoblade steel shoot up in price?

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using Tapatalk 4.

KnightOfTruth
02-19-2014, 05:40 AM
Did the Xenoblade steel shoot up in price?

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using Tapatalk 4.

Yes, also curious what the going rate is on this -- there's one for sale that I've seen just recently for ~$100. Seems a bit much to me personally, but I'm never good with steel prices ;)

Also, Zaku, do you go by the same name on CAGs? ;)

Zaku77
02-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Yes, also curious what the going rate is on this -- there's one for sale that I've seen just recently for ~$100. Seems a bit much to me personally, but I'm never good with steel prices ;)

Also, Zaku, do you go by the same name on CAGs? ;)

Wow, I'm glad I snagged one when a lot of people seemed to be oblivious to its existence lol. Yeah, I'm Zaku77 most places on the web--barring my youtube channel. There are a couple of notable exceptions where someone has taken my name--often time just with a dead account to be a dick--but by an large, if it's Zaku77, then it's me. :3

Drumma716
04-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Im not too new at steelbook collecting, the ones I have are from collectors editions. but I was wondering if there's like a list or database of all the videogame steelbooks out there that include different versions and the ones from different countries? Im looking to expand my steelbook collection. This seemed like the good thread to ask on.