PDA

View Full Version : Thief Steelbook (US Target Exclusive)

Zaku77
02-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Well, it looks like Target is getting another steelbook in the US. It shows it for all 4 systems, so this will likely be G1--even though 3/4 are G2!!! Based on the previous Square-Enix steels we've seen at both Target and Futureshop, this will be the same steel as the Futureshop one, so we should have a picture of that now. This also means that the metalpack is different from the steel, so some of us--me lol--will now need to double dip!

http://www.target.com/p/thief-playstation-4/-/A-14623881#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=thief

r3galbum
02-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Nooo darn 😫. I wish it was G2.is there an actual steelbook for Thief or is it just all metalpaks.

Platfus
02-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Acces denied on target site, anything useful that I can find there zaku didnt write?

Zaku77
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Well, here's a picture of it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e247/Zaku77/14623881_Alt01_201401171545.jpg

Platfus
02-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks alot

Zaku77
02-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Nooo darn 😫. I wish it was G2.is there an actual steelbook for Thief or is it just all metalpaks.

This--which is likely the same as Futureshop is getting--is a steelbook. All the rest of the world is getting a metlapack--that is much cooler looking, in my opinion. We don't know the size of the metalpack yet.

r3galbum
02-18-2014, 12:09 AM
This--which is likely the same as Futureshop is getting--is a steelbook. All the rest of the world is getting a metalpak--that is much cooler looking, in my opinion. We don't know the size of the metalpack yet.

Hm I'll probably stick with my Gamestop preorder and then preorder from Target since the Gamestop bonus has the soundtrack, which I really love getting as bonuses. And then later on I'll get the metalpak since those seem easy to find sometimes.

patcrazystar64
02-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Luckily for me I have plenty of Targets near me and can get this at a lower price later on. Grabbed their exclusive Tomb Raider steelbook for decent price not too long ago.

giantqtipz
02-18-2014, 04:18 AM
Damn i want a g1 version... But i want the ps4 copy ugh

Dan
02-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Damn i want a g1 version... But i want the ps4 copy ugh

then this is perfect for you.

it comes with the game... and a G1 steelbook. :thumb:

MortalMonday
02-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I went to preorder this game at Target today and they were all sold out of pre-orders.
It's appearantly sold out at every single local Target as well. I assume they'll have extras (that include the steelbook) in-store on release day, but I'd like to know if those extras will also include the pre-order DLC. Anyone heard of preorder DLC being offered at Target, without preordering?

I'd order it online, but I really want to play it on release day; I don't want to wait.

r3galbum
02-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Wow o.o I'll need to check and see if our Target is the same.

Dan
02-19-2014, 12:38 AM
I went to preorder this game at Target today and they were all sold out of pre-orders.
It's appearantly sold out at every single local Target as well. I assume they'll have extras (that include the steelbook) in-store on release day, but I'd like to know if those extras will also include the pre-order DLC. Anyone heard of preorder DLC being offered at Target, without preordering?

I'd order it online, but I really want to play it on release day; I don't want to wait.

same here... i have it pre-ordered from 3 different places.

Amazon US - PS4 copy
Amazon UK - PS4 + Metal pak
Target US - PS4 + G1?? Steelbook

I love spending money :/

MortalMonday
02-19-2014, 12:42 AM
So I just called a different local Target and the guy was actually really helpful.
He told me that they already have the game in the store (obviously not for sale yet though), and that all of the steelbook versions come with the DLC. So even if you didn't preorder, you still get the bonus DLC and the steelbook. He said that they only have 5 extra copies of the Xbox One version though (which is the version I'm going for; although I may get the PS4 version instead, not sure yet), so if I want one, I need to be there right when they open. He also said that they only have a few extra copies of each platform too.

I didn't think to ask whether they'll get more later, or whether that was it for the steelbook version. I also have no idea if this is the only edition of the game (Target exclusive edition with steelbook and DLC) that they will carry. Presumably if this is the only edition that they will carry, then surely they must have more available later, right?

Did target also carry the standard edition of the Tomb Raider game, or did they all come with a steelbook?

MortalMonday
02-19-2014, 12:49 AM
While I was at the store, I looked at all of the available in-store preorders (they come in the form of plastic cards), and I noticed that they all offered a $5 target gift card with the purchase of a pre-ordered game. Maybe the Thief pre-order cards also offered a $5 gift card? I wouldn't know since all of the Thief cards were gone. Anyway, maybe the $5 gift card offer (assuming it was there), plus the steelbook and DLC was enough to cause a sellout? Who knows.

r3galbum
02-19-2014, 12:52 AM
Wow that must've been a super nice Target employee. I'd never imagine that they'd give you that much information. Iunno I guess it depends on how Enix is gonna resupply all the Targets :/. Yeah I think that may be a new promo. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze has the same promo.

Dan
02-19-2014, 12:53 AM
Did target also carry the standard edition of the Tomb Raider game, or did they all come with a steelbook?

They sold the game by itself other than the steelbook version, but the steelbook version sold out fairly quickly. (with no re-stock)

toxicatom5
02-19-2014, 01:41 AM
The Tomb Raider Steelbook is still available at the Target near me. I didn't think it ever sold out. Is it sold out everywhere else?

The Lightning Returns Steelbooks were gone pretty quickly in my area. Not sure if those are coming back in stock or not.

So, as far as Thief goes...hard to say. I'm guessing they'll come back in stock, and I am also guessing that the Lightning Returns ones will too (just based on how many Tomb Raiders are still available). Hope I'm wrong.

Zaku77
02-20-2014, 05:44 AM
The Targets around me sold out of Tomb Raider within 1-3 weeks. For Lightning Returns, many were sold out on release day.

patcrazystar64
02-20-2014, 05:44 AM
It sold out near my parents house close to release but near me they have been available for a while.

MortalMonday
02-25-2014, 03:38 PM
I just picked up my copy. I went the PS4 route this time.
The Target I went to only had 3 extra copies available of each platform version.

r3galbum
02-26-2014, 01:48 AM
I just picked up my copy. I went the PS4 route this time.
The Target I went to only had 3 extra copies available of each platform version.

Do you like the game so far? I've seen pretty bad things :(. And I was so excited too.

MortalMonday
02-26-2014, 01:57 AM
I haven't popped it in yet. Maybe tomorrow.

MortalMonday
02-26-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm wanting to play the game now, but I can't find my dang PS4 controller. I've neglected my ps4 so much that I now can't even find the controller,lol.

r3galbum
02-26-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm wanting to play the game now, but I can't find my dang PS4 controller. I've neglected my ps4 so much that I now can't even find the controller,lol.

Haha I hope you find it! I ended up not picking up the game cause of all the reviews. 😣

Zaku77
02-26-2014, 09:58 PM
For anyone that happens to be interested in getting a look at it:

Q-GbJIfbVBY

r3galbum
02-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Nice! Saw 3 of these at target but decided not to get it because of the reviews :(.

singer07
02-27-2014, 01:34 AM
yeah this game is booty, just like i thought it would be months ago so i wasnt excited for it. then throw on top a g1 steelbook and thats when you wait for the bargin bin.

MortalMonday
02-27-2014, 02:36 AM
But I like booty. :(

I still haven't found the damn remote...

misterunboxers
02-27-2014, 03:01 AM
But I like booty. :(

I still haven't found the damn remote...

So far I have enjoyed the game. My time has been split between this and PVZ: GW though.

Dan
02-27-2014, 04:33 AM
yeah this game is booty, just like i thought it would be months ago so i wasnt excited for it. then throw on top a g1 steelbook and thats when you wait for the bargin bin.

Is still a steelbook... As much as my mind says no.... It will end up on my shelf along with all my other steelbooks.

Platfus
02-27-2014, 01:12 PM
I have medal of honor warfighter steelbook so I'm okay with the fact the game is bad :D