PDA

View Full Version : Wolfenstein: the new order steelbook

SBCollectorAl
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.gamestop.de/Views/Locale/Content/Images/HomepageBanners/WolfensteinNewOrder/preorder-big.jpg

Available as pre-order bonus in stores of gamestop germany.

r3galbum
02-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Woah o.o!! Does Gamestop Germany ship overseas?

Dan
02-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Woah o.o!! Does Gamestop Germany ship overseas?

don't think gamestop ships internationally. but thank god for germy :P

r3galbum
02-19-2014, 06:49 PM
don't think gamestop ships internationally. but thank god for germy :P

So sad :(. Hopefully zavvi or futureshop gets some steels too lol. Or hopefully someone amazing would do a GB :thumb::thumb:

SBCollectorAl
02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
So sad :(. Hopefully zavvi or futureshop gets some steels too lol. Or hopefully someone amazing would do a GB :thumb::thumb:

I can't promise anything but I will try my best to get some of them but I won't promise anything.

patcrazystar64
02-20-2014, 05:45 AM
Please be released in more regions.

Twisted
02-20-2014, 07:53 AM
that does look nice...I wonder if it will be sealed and G2?

KianRockz
02-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Oh Lord thats everything I always wanted. A Steelbook in red from Wolfenstein. Thank God I hope its G1

Dan
02-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Oh Lord thats everything I always wanted. A Steelbook in red from Wolfenstein. Thank God I hope its G1

I hope not... G2 :yes:

comaamen86
02-24-2014, 10:32 PM
why germany? they dont even acknowledge the war happened?

SBCollectorAl
02-25-2014, 12:32 AM

What do you mean?:huh:

comaamen86
02-25-2014, 12:36 AM
What do you mean?:huh:

precisely

SBCollectorAl
02-25-2014, 12:41 AM
precisely

You wrote that they don't even acknowledge the war happened, why do you think so?

Zaku77
02-25-2014, 04:57 AM
First of all, the Germany pretending WW2 didn't happen thing is a common joke. Secondly, you responded to his comment by acting like you didn't know what he was talking about--which, given the context, is quite funny.

comaamen86
02-25-2014, 05:29 AM
First of all, the Germany pretending WW2 didn't happen thing is a common joke. Secondly, you responded to his comment by acting like you didn't know what he was talking about--which, given the context, is quite funny.

zaku your prize is knowing you were right

Zaku77
02-25-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm quite used to this prize. :bananayes: lol

SBCollectorAl
02-25-2014, 06:10 AM

I understood what he wrote but I didn't know that this is a common joke that is why I asked him to explain what he means but I guessed it was meant ironically.

Zaku77
02-25-2014, 06:14 AM
Not sure if serious or continuing the mandatory denial... lol (for the record, my grandparents came over from Germany, so I especially get a kick out of this whole thing).

Mike1888
02-25-2014, 06:18 AM
I understood what he wrote but I didn't know that this is a common joke that is why I asked him to explain what he means.

I've never heard it.

Sign me up if you can export these.

Platfus
02-25-2014, 06:27 AM

Wolfenstien is in Germany AFAIK. Yeah it's that castle, dunno if it's real.

Steelbook looks fucking awesome though!

Ayiu
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM

which war? I must have been missing that history lesson somehow :shrug:

comaamen86
02-25-2014, 03:44 PM
which war? I must have been missing that history lesson somehow :shrug:

Tell me where the gold is hidden!!!

Ayiu
02-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Tell me where the gold is hidden!!!

Never! It's all mine :popcorn:

Un4given Raider
03-19-2014, 09:19 AM
I can't promise anything but I will try my best to get some of them but I won't promise anything.

Please let me know if you would still be interested in picking extras up. I can pay up front as well.

Is this the only SB announced ? Haven't heard anything. Really loving the design. Whether it be G1 or G2.

SBCollectorAl
03-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Please let me know if you would still be interested in picking extras up. I can pay up front as well.

Is this the only SB announced ? Haven't heard anything. Really loving the design. Whether it be G1 or G2.

Well I have to find out how many I can get and if I can get those steelbooks, the release is in 2 months maybe if I can't get enough it is easier to get them over ebay.de.

So I will try to find out how many I can get.

r3galbum
03-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Good luck SB! I know with the closing of Gamestop near your place, it may be a little hard :(

zyntex
03-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Will go to my local GS tomorrow and pic one up for me.

I think it will be a prepaid one ~ EUR 10 for it.

Will let you know tomorrow and if someone is interested I can pick them up.

LyricalOne
03-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Will go to my local GS tomorrow and pic one up for me.

I think it will be a prepaid one ~ EUR 10 for it.

Will let you know tomorrow and if someone is interested I can pick them up.

Oh yeah I'm interested in getting one if it's 10 eur for one.
Please let me know! :thumb:

r3galbum
03-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Oh yeah I'm interested in getting one if it's 10 eur for one.
Please let me know! :thumb:

Same!

zyntex
03-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Yep will let you now tomorrow when I'm back home from GS.

Twisted
03-20-2014, 04:14 AM
if it's 10 euro and mint condition ..please share with info as well, if not too late, I am very interested as well.

Zaku77
03-20-2014, 05:47 AM
Yeah, if it's that cheap, then I would be alllll over that!

Dreamcazman
03-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Count me in too, I'll take one! :beg:

zyntex
03-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Soooooo bad news.

You will get the steelbook when you pick up the game/get your online order.

Just preordered it for the steelbook and will throw the (cutted) game on ebay at release!

Dan
03-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Soooooo bad news.

You will get the steelbook when you pick up the game/get your online order.

Just preordered it for the steelbook and will throw the (cutted) game on ebay at release!

so you only collect steelbooks without the game?

LyricalOne
03-20-2014, 11:17 PM

Well there some of us that collect steelbooks..and there many games that get steelbook but don't interest me at least. So I normally wait to buy the steelbook alone or if I HAVE to buy it with the steelbook, I would at least sell the game.

Dan
03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Well there some of us that collect steelbooks..and there many games that get steelbook but don't interest me at least. So I normally wait to buy the steelbook alone or if I HAVE to buy it with the steelbook, I would at least sell the game.

That's weird, I don't own a steelbook that I dont own the game to. I sort of feel obligated to buy the game if I get the steelbook.

Sometimes I have 3-4 steelbooks for just 1 game....

maybe it's just my OCD :X

zyntex
03-20-2014, 11:34 PM

Read everything the game will be cut/censored/not like it was developed here in germany...

Dan
03-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Read everything the game will be cut/censored/not like it was developed here in germany...

pretty sure i did, you didn't say whether if you were going to get a different copy which is why i asked if you collect steelbooks without the game.

LyricalOne
03-20-2014, 11:39 PM
That's weird, I don't own a steelbook that I dont own the game to. I sort of feel obligated to buy the game if I get the steelbook.

Sometimes I have 3-4 steelbooks for just 1 game....

maybe it's just my OCD :X

Oh really?

Yeah I don't feel obliged to own the game for every steelbook I own. I will probably buy the game down the line when they are cheap[er] since I know I won't be able to play the game until its in the bargain bin :lol:

Now about having 3-4 steelbooks for 1 game...that's another story.

I must have all variants! OCD ftw!

Dan
03-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Oh really?

Yeah I don't feel obliged to own the game for every steelbook I own. I will probably buy the game down the line when they are cheap[er] since I know I won't be able to play the game until its in the bargain bin :lol:

Now about having 3-4 steelbooks for 1 game...that's another story.

I must have all variants! OCD ftw!

oh, but you do eventually get the game for it?

i think most collectors suffer from a bit of OCD :X

LyricalOne
03-20-2014, 11:57 PM
oh, but you do eventually get the game for it?

i think most collectors suffer from a bit of OCD :X

Not all the time :shrug:
And I think we do :poke:

Also! Thank you Zyntex for trying to get us some steels! Sorry it didn't work out.

Will keep my eyes open on fleabay

zyntex
03-21-2014, 12:03 AM
Yeah no problem so you have to wait until release to grab one from ebay....I also have to do that for the G1 size.

LyricalOne
03-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Yeah no problem so you have to wait until release to grab one from ebay....I also have to do that for the G1 size.

Yeah I'll just grab one from there eventually!

Dreamcazman
03-21-2014, 12:33 AM
Thanks for trying Zyntex, bummer you couldn't get the steelbook separately.

I'll get one from somewhere eventually. :)

zyntex
03-21-2014, 01:15 AM
When the release is closer I can watch out on ebay for someone trying to sell a lot of them.

Maybe there is a way to handle something out.

There are often Game Stop employees who sell those preorder stuff on ebay.

Zaku77
03-21-2014, 04:21 AM
It seems that German steelbooks don't usually get 'that' expensive on ebay.de so it shouldn't be too big of a deal to grab one within 2-3 weeks after release.

zyntex
03-21-2014, 04:22 AM
If I look at Titanfal?^^

Mike1888
03-21-2014, 04:43 AM
Here's a question for German members.

Why do you think German ebayers never ship internationally? Postage is some of the cheapest in the world from my experience, they get a number of exclusive steelbooks that they would get way more for if they were willing to ship outside of Germany, and yet pretty much all listings are Germany only. Meanwhile, I don't think I've ever seen a Canadian listing that doesn't at least ship to the US. Obviously Germany has a larger population, but still, what's the deal?

Zaku77
03-21-2014, 04:50 AM

Why do you think German ebayers never ship internationally? Postage is some of the cheapest in the world from my experience, they get a number of exclusive steelbooks that they would get way more for if they were willing to ship outside of Germany, and yet pretty much all listings are Germany only. Meanwhile, I don't think I've ever seen a Canadian listing that doesn't at least ship to the US. Obviously Germany has a larger population, but still, what's the deal?

I can't answer that, but I can give you a little hint. Send every single seller a message asking about US postage. I tend to type up a message in English, then translate it to German--or whatever language depending on country. I will paste in both versions of it, so they will answer in English if the speak it, but the German--or whatever language--is there if they don't. A lot of them will ship to the US. It's still not advertised as such, though, so you're essentially only bidding against people in that country. I've done this a lot and ended up with some crazy bargains because of it.

Mike1888
03-21-2014, 04:59 AM
I can't answer that, but I can give you a little hint. Send every single seller a message asking about US postage. I tend to type up a message in English, then translate it to German--or whatever language depending on country. I will paste in both versions of it, so they will answer in English if the speak it, but the German--or whatever language--is there if they don't. A lot of them will ship to the US. It's still not advertised as such, though, so you're essentially only bidding against people in that country. I've done this a lot and ended up with some crazy bargains because of it.

When I was really into steelbooks I'd do that often, but many auctions actually restrict you from bidding completely and a lot of sellers don't even bother responding so it was kind of a hassle. Its a must though for places like Italy and Spain where the only auctions of the steelbook you're after are domestic shipping only. But shipping there is expensive so it makes sense. Germans just seem to be wasting such cheap international shipping. It costs less to ship a steelbook from Germany to Canada then it does for me to ship to most places within Canada.

Zaku77
03-21-2014, 05:01 AM
It is a big hassle and often takes some pestering, but it's worth it in the end. lol

SBCollectorAl
03-21-2014, 08:08 AM

I guess there are a lot of reasons why many German ebayers don't do that.

The main reason is a lot of them don't know how popular those steelbooks are when I told someone that there are some collectors about steelbooks especially outside germany and how popular those steelbooks are they were very surprised.

Another reason is that a lot of those ebayers don't have a paypal account so it is much more complicated and expensive for international buyers about payment and the third reason they don't know that they can ship one or two steelbooks like a big letter including tracking number and insurance for 5,50 euro but maybe although they would know it, some of them still would think that would be too much work and too complicated to ship it internationally.

Ayiu
03-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Yea, paypal is a big issue. You have additional fees while bank transfers are free within Germany. Also there's still the language barrier. Just because you have to learn English at school doesn't mean you can make use of it properly. Many "older" people haven't been in contact with the English language for years and they might be afraid of it. Also people who can't go to high school barely know even the easiest words. It seems not necessary for their future jobs. (higher education -> better language skills) Another big point is our legal system. It is very complex and can cause a lot of trouble especially if you sell items outside the EU. You just can't sell an item on ebay.de you have to include disclaimers in your auction that exclude liability for used items if you are a private seller, and so on.

comaamen86
03-25-2014, 01:33 AM

Why do you think German ebayers never ship internationally?

Hoard it and keep it next to the gold

Cept merch, merch is cool

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 03:04 PM
I think english should not be a problem for German people...They control it, and very well...I have talked to a lot of ebay german sellers in english without probs...

The huge problem should be with spanish people...their English level is "dumb"...

But german people? Don't think so...

Dan
03-26-2014, 06:15 PM
well looks like they're going to have another steelbook, but as ryan confirmed it will have 4 disk holder slots for the xbox.... so chances are this will be a G1 only

and limited to 5k ONLY :P

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/23/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/game-ce-wolf-neworder-steelbook.jpg

giantqtipz
03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
actually prefer the german steelbook... only because it has to be imported... and its in english :P

Ayiu
03-26-2014, 06:47 PM
I think english should not be a problem for German people...They control it, and very well...I have talked to a lot of ebay german sellers in english without probs...

The huge problem should be with spanish people...their English level is "dumb"...

But german people? Don't think so...

you have been lucky that's all :rotf:

LyricalOne
03-26-2014, 08:26 PM
well looks like they're going to have another steelbook, but as ryan confirmed it will have 4 disk holder slots for the xbox.... so chances are this will be a G1 only

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/23/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/game-ce-wolf-neworder-steelbook.jpg

I'm going to pre-order this :thumb:

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 08:29 PM
I will....

But next month...this one has been a black hole in the wallet...

Dan
03-26-2014, 08:32 PM
I will....

But next month...this one has been a black hole in the wallet...

same here bud, i'm just hoping its not sold out :beg:

is what happened to me with drakengard 3 when it was first announced :(

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Drakengard, FF remaster CE, Lightning CE, Dark Souls all over the World CE, NISA Witch, Infamous CE, Titanfall CE...plus some more I forget...

Just have to wait a week...hope 5K are enough for one week to update my Visa...

Don't spread out the news about this Edition buds!!!! Do it for Dan, for me, for the poor and broken wallet people here!!!! :rotf:

With Drakengard finally was lucky...but with this If it's done, it Really will be done... :beg:

zyntex
03-27-2014, 03:11 AM

Where to get this?

Twisted
03-27-2014, 03:16 AM
it's inside a special edition set that costs US $100..but with NO game.

zyntex
03-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Not really useful?

giantqtipz
03-27-2014, 03:43 AM
5k per console probably?

Is it out on last gen too? So then 25k copies?

LyricalOne
03-27-2014, 05:39 AM
5k per console probably?

Is it out on last gen too? So then 25k copies?

It has no game, so it's just 5k.

sawada
03-27-2014, 07:59 AM
where can i order it?only in store?

zyntex
03-27-2014, 12:31 PM

I don't think they will tell us?

LyricalOne
03-27-2014, 05:19 PM

I don't think they will tell us?

Right here

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

There are multiple threads about it with links inside. Just look around :ok:

Dan
03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
A quote from ryan showing the actual size of the steelbook it will be G2 :D :D :D

http://i.imgur.com/ttfOjcF.gif
Good news everyone!

Here it is stacked near some standard nerd measurement units I could find around my office:

http://i.imgur.com/z9xrbod.jpg
And here is a squared up version for the skeptics:

http://i.imgur.com/cv408at.jpg

KianRockz
03-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Fuck G2, just fuck it

Dan
03-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Fuck G2, just fuck it

all G1's will eventually disappear :1:

LyricalOne
03-27-2014, 11:59 PM
all G1's will eventually disappear :1:

Just like all PC gaming will eventua.....oh wait

:spiteful:

Dan
03-28-2014, 05:41 PM

:beee:

Platfus
03-28-2014, 06:18 PM

cmon I just bought PS3 cant buy PS4 so better buy a PC :D :beach:

LyricalOne
03-29-2014, 07:04 AM
:beee:

Haha sorry to burst your bubble

Darkness157
03-30-2014, 11:49 PM
If this steelbook is cheap I'd definitely buy it! If anyone can hook me up since I don't live in germany or any european countries I'd greatly appreciate :)

Redmagster
05-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Multiple UK retailers have the Wolfenstein red steelbook up as a preorder bonus now for all console variants. Sure to be G1 on that basis

If anyone warns me to 'do a killzone' and buy you one and sell the game on let me know ASAP as only 9 days to launch..... :)

zyntex
05-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Any online retailer which list it as pre-order bonus?

comaamen86
05-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Any online retailer which list it as pre-order bonus?http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/wolfenstein-the-new-order-steelbook-game-ps4-with-doom-beta-code

Dreamcazman
05-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Any online retailer which list it as pre-order bonus?
Ozgameshop also have it available ($70) to pre-order for those in Australia.

XB1 (http://www.ozgameshop.com/xbox-one-games/wolfenstein-the-new-order-game-steelbook-xbox-one-with-doom-beta-code) & PS4 (http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-games/wolfenstein-the-new-order-steelbook-game-ps4-with-doom-beta-code)

Vikingo82
05-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Anyone knows If will come sleeved with game inside like the Killzone Shadow one?

Or Just with the spare steelbook besides?

Not sure If preordering Ps4 and Xbox360 for having G1 and G2...

Atter
05-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Here is this beauty (G1 only): :barsong:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_001_zps464155f9.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_002_zpsb839cd89.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_003_zpsffd3631d.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_004_zps7ea37628.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_005_zpsfae9f74a.jpg

Biggav4000
05-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Here is this beauty (G1 only): :barsong:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_001_zps464155f9.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_002_zpsb839cd89.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_003_zpsffd3631d.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_004_zps7ea37628.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/Atter1884/IMG_005_zpsfae9f74a.jpg

I like it :thumb:
Hoping to pick one up tomorrow

narg
05-21-2014, 11:27 AM
hello if someone want sell wolfenstein lanyard with bottle opener, pls let me know :)