IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
For Sale
Title: BioShock internal studio statues
Platform:
Region:
Price:
Condition: (Sealed, new, used,etc) New, never displayed
Detail conditions: (dent on side, rips box, colour faded, etc)
Link to DB Entry: (if exists)
Pictures: (link or embed)
A few assiduous members complained that I didn't obey forum rules, so I'm editing the thread out pending deletion. A few of you know how to contact me. Everything else as well as items from others I know in the industry ends up on eBay I suppose. Didn't mean to offend, just bring some rare items directly to serious collectors.

toxicatom5
03-06-2014, 12:44 AM
First off, sorry to hear about the studio layoffs. This is one of my favorite franchises, and I've really enjoyed my time with it. Thank you for your involvement in creating such an interesting and unforgettable experience.

For the items you mentioned, I'd be interested depending on pricing. Not sure what you're looking for, but I'd love to own a piece of this history.

Pm incoming...

Dan
03-06-2014, 12:50 AM
i'm most definitely interested as well, PM sent.

MortalMonday
03-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the boards! We are all so very sorry to hear about the IG closure, and subsequent layoffs. You all are some talented folks, and I'm hopeful that you all will bounce back soon.

Best of luck with the sales as well. The Sander Cohen statue is most definitely the single most important piece of Bioshock memorabilia, in my opinion. Whoever gets these Cohens will be some of the luckiest collectors on the planet.

IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Thank you much guys! I'm gonna post a few pics of Liz for proof, but please do not distribute these beyond these boards as they have not been shown the public. The statue is huge!

Dan
03-06-2014, 01:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8lQPbnz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ViCNKgf.jpg

http://img.pandawhale.com/99309-its-so-beautiful-gif-Jake-the-wAgY.gif

LyricalOne
03-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say my thank you for being part of one of the greatest game series I have ever played. It was art within the game. Also sorry about IG closing down. I wish you and your team mates the best of luck. I am sure you will all find a new home to create new worlds!

Also thanks for sharing and giving members here the chance to own part of history so to speak. I couldn't think of a better crowd that will value the items for what they are really worth.

Gazereths
03-06-2014, 01:49 AM
So what's the asking price(s)? IIRC the rules say a price must be in the listing.

Good luck with the sale anyhow, and it sucks that IG went belly up :(

IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the forum rules for selling items. Please feel free to delete the thread. Back to eBay. Thanks for the support guys. I shared your sentiments with my colleagues. We're fortunate to have had fans like yourselves.

Dan
03-06-2014, 01:53 AM
I think we can most definitely let this one slide, considering how sketchy eBay can be....
and let the actual offers be accepted.

IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 02:10 AM
I think we can most definitely let this one slide, considering how sketchy eBay can be....
and let the actual offers be accepted.

I'm getting the colleagues who I'm selling the Cohen and MoC for to name a price for me or decide if they prefer eBay. The fact that the last "winner" doesn't actually have money is probably gonna sway them. My Liz statue is up for $750.

misterunboxers
03-06-2014, 03:43 AM
For Sale
Platform:
Region:
Price:
A few assiduous members complained that I didn't obey forum rules, so I'm editing the thread out pending deletion. A few of you know how to contact me. Everything else as well as items from others I know in the industry ends up on eBay I suppose. Didn't mean to offend, just bring some rare items directly to serious collectors.

:surrender:Please PM me, must talk!!!:surrender:

Mike1888
03-06-2014, 03:56 AM
The fact that the last "winner" doesn't actually have money is probably gonna sway them.

Are you referring to the one that just went on ebay for like $3700?

That would be odd, considering he came here specifically to say that the price was good for him.

MortalMonday
03-06-2014, 04:19 AM
Are you referring to the one that just went on ebay for like $3700?

That would be odd, considering he came here specifically to say that the price was good for him.

Yup, that's the one. It's quite a gut wrenching overall situation, it seems. I feel horrible for the buyer; but what can you do. :(

Mike1888
03-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Yup, that's the one. It's quite a gut wrenching overall situation, it seems. I feel horrible for the buyer; but what can you do. :(

What happened that you feel horrible for him?

misterunboxers
03-06-2014, 04:25 AM
What happened that you feel horrible for him?
Agree.

Gazereths
03-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Indeed, it seems the buyer welched on the deal.

IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 04:53 AM
As promised some of the ebay auctions are going back up now. Thanks for looking and sorry for the confusion. I'll likely be hosting several more interesting auctions over the next few months. Sorry we couldn't deal directly.

MortalMonday
03-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Let me be clear here, I feel horrible for both the buyer and the seller. As a fellow collector, I feel the buyer's pain. He wanted that thing so badly, and now I'm sure he's in tears. It's terrible! On the other hand, I can understand the sellers need to void the sale. You, as a buyer, should know better than to bid on something, if you can't follow through promptly; or at least, as a buyer, you should first contact the seller and mention any extenuating circumstance that may preclude your ability to promptly finalize the sale, and then ask if it's OK to bid.

Like I said, it's a tough all-around circumstance, and I can sympathize with both sides. Ultimately though, the seller has to do what's best for him, so I can for sure see why the deal had to be canceled.

IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 05:06 AM
I too feel bad but I'm selling it for a co-worker who is moving soon, and I too am in the process of packing. The circumstances sadly don't permit much else. If the items sell for less that's OK but we're liquidating keepsakes out of necessity.

IGDesigner
03-06-2014, 05:12 AM
I should also add that that bidder will not be punished and will not receive negative feedback.

MortalMonday
03-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Even if you wanted to leave negative feedback, it'd be impossible, as far as I know.

Sellers cannot ever leave negative feedback.

eBay and its dumb polices...

Mike1888
03-06-2014, 05:40 AM
Let me be clear here, I feel horrible for both the buyer and the seller. As a fellow collector, I feel the buyer's pain. He wanted that thing so badly, and now I'm sure he's in tears. It's terrible! On the other hand, I can understand the sellers need to void the sale. You, as a buyer, should know better than to bid on something, if you can't follow through promptly; or at least, as a buyer, you should first contact the seller and mention any extenuating circumstance that may preclude your ability to promptly finalize the sale, and then ask if it's OK to bid.

Like I said, it's a tough all-around circumstance, and I can sympathize with both sides. Ultimately though, the seller has to do what's best for him, so I can for sure see why the deal had to be canceled.

I don't know the exact parameters of what happened, but I do not sympathize for the buyer in these kinds of situations whatsoever. Firstly, winning something you can't pay for, regardless of how much you want it is bad for everyone - the seller doesn't get his money, the second placed bidder who might have paid for it and won it for much less doesn't get it (if he had won, then the guy who couldn't pay was just raising the price for no reason), and the value for said item then becomes higher than it should be for everyone else who would like to own it.

Secondly, I'm not usually someone to tell people how to spend their money, but if you're ever thinking "I'm not really sure I can afford this" about a near $4000 gaming collectible...you probably shouldn't buy it. imo.

Gazereths
03-06-2014, 05:42 AM
Yeah sellers can get screwed on ebay. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer in any dispute, then the seller can't even leave a neg to warn other sellers. But that being said before they bought that policy in there were a few unscrupulous sellers taking advantage of it when there was a legitimate complaint from an unsatisfied buyer.

MortalMonday
03-06-2014, 05:48 AM
I don't know the exact parameters of what happened, but I do not sympathize for the buyer in these kinds of situations whatsoever. Firstly, winning something you can't pay for, regardless of how much you want it is bad for everyone - the seller doesn't get his money, the second placed bidder who might have paid for it and won it for much less doesn't get it (if he had won, then the guy who couldn't pay was just raising the price for no reason), and the value for said item then becomes higher than it should be for everyone else who would like to own it.

Secondly, I'm not usually someone to tell people how to spend their money, but if you're ever thinking "I'm not really sure I can afford this" about a near $4000 gaming collectible...you probably shouldn't buy it. imo.

That's true. Hell, that's in large part, the reason why I almost never sell anything on eBay as an auction. Whenever I sell anything on there, I sell it as a fixed price listing with immediate payment required. This set up eliminates all of these problems.

I think, just this one time, I was a little too emotionally invested. I kinda wanted to see the statue go to a member here. So I was a bit heartbroken that it all fell to pieces, lol. I know it sounds foolish.

Like I said though, most times, I do see things from the sellers point of view. Again, I don't even bother with auction-style listings for this very reason. Believe me, I've had this nonsense happen to me many a time before.

Cosmic_Link
03-06-2014, 10:08 AM
For Sale
Platform:
Region:
Price:

I'm sorry to see that some of the people's comments here have put you off selling here. :(

Though it is in the forum rules that you must put a price in your thread when selling something, there is nothing in the rules that states that you can't put an item with a rediculous price tag with an OBO! ;)

I hope you'll reconsider selling here, as there are some great members here who I am sure would love the opportunity to deal with you! ^^

DESOUL
03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi, sorry to hear about everything. I previously ordered the "Burial at Sea" limited framed art print. I ordered as soon as it was announced (favorited the website and waited until I could order). It was supposed to be a present to my wife. I ordered it around November, and they only contacted me two weeks ago saying that it was cancelled (4 months later). I was very angry, but I did not go full rage on them.

Can anyone actually help me obtain it please? I can't find it anywhere

Dan
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi, sorry to hear about everything. I previously ordered the "Burial at Sea" limited framed art print. I ordered as soon as it was announced (favorited the website and waited until I could order). It was supposed to be a present to my wife. I ordered it around November, and they only contacted me two weeks ago saying that it was cancelled (4 months later). I was very angry, but I did not go full rage on them.

Can anyone actually help me obtain it please? I can't find it anywhere

Sorry bro, but you're asking the wrong people. They were the developers of the games not the people who run the irrational game store website...

You should try asking OneLetter...

DESOUL
03-06-2014, 12:31 PM
oh ok, sorry my mistake. Thanks Dan