PDA

View Full Version : Wolfenstein: The New Order

Collector's Edition
04-26-2013, 03:36 AM
wolfenstein-the-new-order-special-edition-ps4-oceania
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/wolfenstein-the-new-order-special-edition-ps4-oceania)

r3galbum
02-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Full Game Name: Wolfenstein: The New Order
Edition Name: Occupied Edition
Platform(s): Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC (?)
Region(s):
Release Date: 05/23/2014
Price (RRP): ?54.99
Content Description:
- 20 page travel guide to occupied Britain
- Wolfenstein Travel Card Holder
- Set of 3 postcards
- Access to Doom Beta
Link(s) to source(s): Exclusive at Game UK (http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=285754&articleId=285755&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=home-_-banner-_-wolfensteinTNO#tablink_SPedition)

Other Info/Pics:

http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/WolfensteinOD.jpg

Letrico
02-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Edition Name: Special Edition
Platform(s): PS4/Xbox One
Region(s): PAL
Publisher: Bethesda
Release Date: 22/5/2014
Price (RRP): $99.95 AUD
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
Wolfenstein: The New Order Special Edition includes:

-Wolfenstien Notebook
-Set of 3 postcards
-set of 3 Wolfenstein Envelopes

Link(s) to source(s): https://ebgames.com.au/any/any?q=Wolfenstein%3A%20The%20New%20Order%20Special %20Edition
Other Info/Pics:
https://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/detail/162468_detail.jpg

Another EBGames AU exclusive that is not really worth the money. Will probably be packed in cheap paper packaging but who knows might worth a lot in the future like Portal 2 Cube Edition.

Twisted
02-20-2014, 07:31 AM
portal 2 is considered a high quality game and has a massive cult following..this "turd" won't even come close to the fame and envy of portal 2 cube edition...plus for the extra premium price..you are getting a "bunch of paper" LOL...now what EBGAMES needs to do is bring on a EBGAMES EXCLUSIVE KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5HD REMASTER COLLECTORS EDITION :D..then we'd talk.

comaamen86
02-20-2014, 01:17 PM

this is the uk version exclusive to game

Platfus
02-20-2014, 06:15 PM
portal 2 is considered a high quality game and has a massive cult following..this "turd" won't even come close to the fame and envy of portal 2 cube edition...plus for the extra premium price..you are getting a "bunch of paper" LOL...now what EBGAMES needs to do is bring on a EBGAMES EXCLUSIVE KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5HD REMASTER COLLECTORS EDITION :D..then we'd talk.

Well, wolfenstein was one of the first 3D games and it still have big fanbase me thinks

Dan
02-20-2014, 06:30 PM

Not everyone is into Disney video games. Eventually, we grow out of that kind of stuff... Wolfenstein, is series that has been going since 1990 (not even sure if you where even born yet) and has a pretty good fanbase... As far as the "bunch of paper" thing goes tell that to the Halo 4 collectors edition. I've seen A lot worse edition's then this.

Platfus
02-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Not everyone is into Disney video games. Eventually, we grow out of that kind of stuff... Wolfenstein, is series that has been going since 1990 (not even sure if you where even born yet) and has a pretty good fanbase... As far as the "bunch of paper" thing goes tell that to the Halo 4 collectors edition. I've seen A lot worse edition's then this.

Well, Portal is awesome too and I love it more than any other game.

Dan
02-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Well, Portal is awesome too and I love it more than any other game.

Portal is awesome but i wasn't talking about portal :P

Platfus
02-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Portal is awesome but i wasn't talking about portal :P

:beach: i know :beach: :beee:

SwiftDeath
02-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Ugh why does australia get all the notebooks in CE's? :pooryou:

comaamen86
02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
germans get a cd, i think england is winning again

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/03/videogames/David/WOLF_SOUNDTRACK_VIS_large_bearbeitet-1._SX300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_179982087_4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000785303&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=1D0S6GQ8V87HXFDC6SHQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470802347&pf_rd_i=300992

Mike1888
02-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Really excited for the game, but this doesn't really look like a good value.

Dan
02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Really excited for the game, but this doesn't really look like a good value.

yeah i think this is slightly better for the price

but still not the greatest CE

Mike1888
02-20-2014, 08:51 PM
yeah i think this is slightly better for the price

but still not the greatest CE

I'm hoping NA gets a statue CE or something cooler.

Platfus
02-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm hoping NA gets a statue CE or something cooler.

Hmm I doubt it, but I think we can expect maybe some sort of apparel with this release? No idea though

comaamen86
02-20-2014, 09:04 PM
i like the uk theme on the game edition

would not hold out for a statue edition etc, i imagine that would of got announced with the release date

Dan
02-20-2014, 09:07 PM
i like the uk theme on the game edition

would not hold out for a statue edition etc, i imagine that would of got announced with the release date

i wouldn't be surprised if sideshowcollectibles releases a statue for 12 payments of 89.99 :/

flatout
03-26-2014, 03:55 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/03/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-Panzerhund-Edition.png

Edition Name: Panzerhund Edition

Platform(s): (none) No Game Included

Region(s): NA

Publisher: Bethesda

Release Date: May 20, 2014

Price (RRP): $100.00

Package Description: This collector's edition does not include a copy of the game. Keep your pre-order at your favorite retailer and we'll send you these goodies separately?this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box.

Content Description: Limited to only 5,000 individually numbered editions, the Wolfenstein?: The New Order? Panzerhund Edition comes in a vintage footlocker-style box (measuring approximately 20" x 10.5" x 8.5") with a stamped number plate right above the antiqued clasp.

Inside, you'll find a classified folder affixed to the lid containing 11 classified documents (an assortment of maps, case files, and even an x-ray).

The bulk of the footlocker houses an 8" articulated Panzerhund statue. Made of high quality vinyl material (PVC and ABS) the statue is hand painted, includes a base, and strikes a surprisingly menacing pose for a scaled-down replica.

Inset in a velvet-lined tray is an exclusive Steelbook, and a set of 14 full-color weathered-looking postcards of the game's alternate history, bound in a display book.

Lifting this tray reveals compartments housing a set of three high-quality, embroidered patches, and a box containing custom molded replica dog tags, looped and knotted on twine string.

Link(s) to source(s): http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

Sorry if this is already up somewhere.

Stevo
03-26-2014, 04:33 PM
[IMG]

this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box.

This made me laugh.

No you can have your oversized, expensively shipped box separate .....

then pay postage again for the game :banghead: lol

Treehouse_Ryan
03-26-2014, 04:57 PM
This made me laugh.

No you can have your oversized, expensively shipped box separate .....

then pay postage again for the game :banghead: lol

That's sort of just a standard value proposition, though, isn't it? If you like the oversized box of stuff, you have to pay to have it shipped (and if you don't like the box of stuff, then you're off the hook). Whether there's a game or not, physical goods cost money to move around the world.

I get that it's more ideal if the game is in the box, but that raises a number of problems for us and costs you more and gives you fewer options. I think options trump the weirdness of the idea, but the more I read about this today the more I feel like maybe I'm wrong.

My strong feeling is that the people buying these editions are the biggest fans of the games (and some OCD collector-types). Those people want to play their games _immediately_ and probably pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced. I don't want anyone to not get their game on day one or have to pay crazy shipping fees to have a giant box sent overnight or hassle with canceling other pre-orders. That doesn't do anyone any good (except UPS I guess). After release date, we can bundle these together and just ship them in the same box for the same rate, but messing with a die-hard's ability to play a new game is not something I want to be a part of....

This cuts out a number of logistical nightmares for us, but also satisfies a really wide number of situations for you guys:

* Really looking forward to playing this game at midnight? Grab it locally, and maybe trade in some stuff to get it for less money.

* Like stuff but don't want to play the game? You're covered.

* Want to play the game, but prefer to have it digital? You don't have to buy a disc you don't care about.

* Want to play the game but have a backlog? Wait till it drops in price, or wait for a GotY if there is one, but don't let that stop you from having the CE if you like it.

* Really want both but don't live in the US? Get your region-appropriate game locally and only pay international shipping on the part you couldn't otherwise get.

* Like the game but don't like this stuff? Cool, just get the regular copy....

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 05:33 PM
I would had prefer pay more but game included....I would have bought it...

Can't understand this: "Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition"....this is not a collector edition as it has no game on it....just some merch... (Very nice merch indeed...)

But IMO, that should have been called something different....

Dan
03-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I would had prefer pay more but game included....I would have bought it...

Can't understand this: "Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition"....this is not a collector edition as it has no game on it....just some merch... (Very nice merch indeed...)

But IMO, that should have been called something different....

There has been a bunch of collector editions that have been released this way mate, (Dead space 3 and Forza 5 come to mind)

IMO i think it's one of the best collectors edition there is it almost perfect

- It's actually limited and numbered
- Comes with a steelbook
- Nice figure/statue
- Awesome in game contents containing artwork

It's a total win.

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 06:28 PM
I know Dan...and for sure I will take it at the end...

But it should have come with game, even If it cost more...it totally would worth it.

And the Dead Space Dev Team Edition was launched too much later than the game release date...is not the same to this case...

I agree with all you say, but, having this for a little more and game included, would have make it a truly Limited Collector's Edition game...

Dan
03-26-2014, 06:31 PM
I know Dan...and for sure I will take it at the end...

But it should have come with game, even If it cost more...it totally would worth it.

And the Dead Space Dev Team Edition was launched too much later than the game release date...is not the same to this case...

I agree with all you say, but, having this for a little more and game included, would have make it a truly Limited Collector's Edition game...

I can see where you're coming from.

As i'm getting the game straight from germany with the german steelbook I don't mind getting this without the game :P

I love that the PS4 isn't region locked (please never change playstation)

evilvort3x
03-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Ahh Ryan i had a feeling when i read this that it was you guys :)

Good to hear as can only say very positive things about the Dead space 3 CE :D

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Ahh Ryan i had a feeling when i read this that it was you guys :)

Good to hear as can only say very positive things about the Dead space 3 CE :D

Just have to agree with that..

And even it comes with no game...

I'm sure I will grab one for sure.... :D

Totally kick ass edition....that box is stunning!!!!!

Mike1888
03-26-2014, 06:39 PM
This looks awesome. Including the game and increasing the price to $150 would have been smart because then this becomes an extremely rare CE. But yeah, the package looks fantastic. Easy buy for the wolfenstein fan.

Dan
03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
This looks awesome. Including the game and increasing the price to $150 would have been smart because then this becomes an extremely rare CE. But yeah, the package looks fantastic. Easy buy for the wolfenstein fan.

not just wolfenstein fans but steelbook collectors as they're only 5k of them

only downfall is that the steelbook will probably be in G1 :sick:

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 06:44 PM

At least someone agrees with me....just 50 bucks more, and it would have been the definitive Wolfenstein Edition...!!!!

For sure German GS exclusive comes both sizes Dan....

evilvort3x
03-26-2014, 06:46 PM
only question / problem im sure dead space was like 30USD shipping last time to uk and if more than one is wanted Each one shipped is 60USD extra is there any way of this being reduced?

Ayiu
03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm confused...why has the edition a German name and German text on the steelbook :think:

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm confused...why has the edition a German name and German text on the steelbook :think:

Mmmmm.... Nazis???? :rotf:

Mike1888
03-26-2014, 06:56 PM

Nazis rule the world in Wolfenstein. :thumb:

Ayiu
03-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Mmmmm.... Nazis???? :rotf:

Nazis rule the world in Wolfenstein. :thumb:

Never played a Wolfenstein game before. But aren't the Nazis supposed to fail again which would make the Americans the new ruler :scratch:

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Never played a Wolfenstein game before. But aren't the Nazis supposed to fail again which would make the Americans the new ruler :scratch:

You have never played Wolfenstein even in PC??? No ps3 either???

Duuude.... :nono:

Pc old school Wolfenstein is EPIC!!!!

Ayiu
03-26-2014, 07:04 PM
You have never played Wolfenstein even in PC??? No ps3 either???

Duuude.... :nono:

Pc old school Wolfenstein is EPIC!!!!

Maybe it's because I'm not a dude but shooters in general are not my genre :surrender:

Also the old school Wolfenstein is forbidden here in Germany. All other Wolfenstein games are cut. No swastikas in german video games. They get all replaced.

imironmann
03-26-2014, 07:17 PM
This looks really cool! A must buy!

Ryan I gotta say though with no game included it's definitely missing probably the most important part. After all without the game itself this other stuff wouldn't even exist. I know the game can be picked up separately down the road for cheaper or in my case separately on day one, which is something I often do because I'm one of those crazy sealed collectors but feels like It'll never be complete without the included game. Just as my Dead Space and Forza editions feel incomplete. Were collectors here and the inevitable digital games do nothing for our collection, just leaves them empty like a collectors edition for a game with no actual game in it. Definitely worth the extra coin to me.

However am looking forward to both the game and CE.

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Not mine too Dan, but those old school PC shooters were not like the nowadays ones...

Like Doom, Wolfenstein.... They were not shooters like we call them now...

They were just....special and unique...

BTW Dan, what happened with Indiana Jones and the last crusade movie??? It was censored there??? :rotf:

canuckcollector
03-26-2014, 07:44 PM
I like the idea of separating CE contents from the game. I keep my CEs sealed and I hate the fact that the DLCs inside the CE get expired. I buy a vanilla copy or even an extra CE depends on DLC/content.

imironmann
03-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I can understand people wanting the DLC. Often though there really isn't much to it, definitely has never made it worth cracking open a CE. Even though in this particular case no extra DLC is offered. Items in a CE that I really want are generally easily found separately on ebay allowing me to keep a pristine copy of the CE. I also occasionally buy duplicates of a CE to open one.

flatout
03-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Wow this thread blew up fast.

I can understand people wanting the DLC. Often though there really isn't much to it, definitely has never made it worth cracking open a CE. Even though in this particular case no extra DLC is offered. Items in a CE that I really want are generally easily found separately on ebay allowing me to keep a pristine copy of the CE. I also occasionally buy duplicates of a CE to open one.

Well not everyone wants to spend that kind of money, also a lot of us are on a budget as far as collecting goes (I a now more then ever... there was a time when I got about what I wanted within reason).

vyvern
03-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Hi ryan whats the box made out of?

Ayiu
03-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Not mine too Dan, but those old school PC shooters were not like the nowadays ones...

Like Doom, Wolfenstein.... They were not shooters like we call them now...

They were just....special and unique...

BTW Dan, what happened with Indiana Jones and the last crusade movie??? It was censored there??? :rotf:

not sure but are you calling me Dan or did I miss something :nosleep:

Dan
03-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Wow this thread blew up fast.

Well not everyone wants to spend that kind of money, also a lot of us are on a budget as far as collecting goes (I a now more then ever... there was a time when I got about what I wanted within reason).

never understood people who buy more than 1 CE to keep one sealed :/ especially when they're truly limited... it just screws the people who miss out IMO

Dan
03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
not sure but are you calling me Dan or did I miss something :nosleep:

lol everyone is Dan germy :hug:

Mike1888
03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
The statue is bad ass. I'd love to see some of the other cool enemies get some small statues as well.

http://4playernetwork.com/static/media/uploads/Games/Wolfenstein%20The%20New%20Order/screens%2020130528/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-11.jpg
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130911105439/wolfenstein/images/e/e5/Wolfenstein-The_New_Order_Concept_Art_05.jpg

imironmann
03-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Things do get expensive, way to quick.

Maybe if it at least you could get the option to have the game included inside the CE then everyone could get it the way they'd like. A two tier CE. Say the first half with the game and the second half without.

Ayiu
03-26-2014, 08:42 PM
lol everyone is Dan germy :hug:

_To5yANWZ1U

Vikingo82
03-26-2014, 08:44 PM
The soldier is totally badass!!!

It kinds reminds me a comic I used to read called Danger Girls made by Cliffhanger...with Some Kind of nazi looks from the first Hellboy movie touch!!!

Love it!!!!

Dan
03-26-2014, 08:54 PM
_To5yANWZ1U

eqBH8pmYIr0

Stevo
03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
That's sort of just a standard value proposition, though, isn't it? If you like the oversized box of stuff, you have to pay to have it shipped (and if you don't like the box of stuff, then you're off the hook). Whether there's a game or not, physical goods cost money to move around the world.

I get that it's more ideal if the game is in the box, but that raises a number of problems for us and costs you more and gives you fewer options. I think options trump the weirdness of the idea, but the more I read about this today the more I feel like maybe I'm wrong.

My strong feeling is that the people buying these editions are the biggest fans of the games (and some OCD collector-types). Those people want to play their games _immediately_ and probably pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced. I don't want anyone to not get their game on day one or have to pay crazy shipping fees to have a giant box sent overnight or hassle with canceling other pre-orders. That doesn't do anyone any good (except UPS I guess). After release date, we can bundle these together and just ship them in the same box for the same rate, but messing with a die-hard's ability to play a new game is not something I want to be a part of....

This cuts out a number of logistical nightmares for us, but also satisfies a really wide number of situations for you guys:

* Really looking forward to playing this game at midnight? Grab it locally, and maybe trade in some stuff to get it for less money.

* Want to play the game, but prefer to have it digital? You don't have to buy a disc you don't care about.

* Want to play the game but have a backlog? Wait till it drops in price, or wait for a GotY if there is one, but don't let that stop you from having the CE if you like it.

* Really want both but don't live in the US? Get your region-appropriate game locally and only pay international shipping on the part you couldn't otherwise get.

Hi mate,

First I want to say what an absolute credit you are to your company, The way you come on and talk stuff through with us is just amazing, and its great to be kept in the light about things coming up.

My above post was more in jest than anything,

I do have to say though I don't really understand the concept as I don't believe want your selling is a limited edition of the game, its just some items to go with the game (that look great)

I also believe its worded wrong :) as your saying in your selling point that its an oversized costly nightmare to post, but the people who order the edition are going to understand this anyway?

The one good thing for a collector is the ability to play the game, while keeping their item sealed if that's what they wish.

Thanks for the updates Ryan, I know people say it a lot but its great for the community......I just wish I lived in America to cut down some on them shipping costs :)

Madigan
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM

https://i.minus.com/ibaLUaWby9jcGK.gif

I really really like that progressive way of thinking, I hope you guys do the same for the mass effect 4 CE, it makes the edition less expensive.

I don't see anyone complaining about steelbooks coming without the game, on the contrary the same guy calling this a piece of merch is the same one complaining when he/she has to buy the game 4 or 6 times to get all the steelbook variants for X game. IMHO

Keep up the good work ryan. :thumb:

ingmar1988
03-26-2014, 10:26 PM
i like it same as the dead space edition.

LyricalOne
03-26-2014, 10:31 PM
https://i.minus.com/ibaLUaWby9jcGK.gif

I really really like that progressive way of thinking, I hope you guys do the same for the mass effect 4 CE, it makes the edition less expensive.

I don't see anyone complaining about steelbooks coming without the game, on the contrary the same guy calling this a piece of merch is the same one complaining when he/she has to buy the game 4 or 6 times to get all the steelbook variants for X game. IMHO

Keep up the good work ryan. :thumb:
THIS ^ :clap:

Progressive is spot on.

Dan
03-26-2014, 10:33 PM
I think it's a total win.

i'm just broke :(
and by the time I have the money it will probably be sold out

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-discussion/315897d1362262669-my-heart-broke-my-cheeks-flooded-tears-tumblr_m5zss5fqeo1qbnoh8o1_500.gif

comaamen86
03-26-2014, 10:37 PM
I think it's a total win.

i'm just broke :(
and by the time I have the money it will probably be sold out

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-discussion/315897d1362262669-my-heart-broke-my-cheeks-flooded-tears-tumblr_m5zss5fqeo1qbnoh8o1_500.gif

Dont worry is sticking to me game london edition

LowlyAssassin
03-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Not reading the whole thread

I think this is the CE of the year
It is so authentic to the game that it doesn't even include the game, OK so it includes a steel book but it doesn't look like a steel book, it looks like a notebook or steal tin that has postcards in
So it doesn't come with the game, that means it won't shoot up in price for a sealed one because well there isn't a game and this means that collectors will be able to pick it up at close to retail price compared to scalps price hikes
I am growing fond of the idea of collectors bundles or collectors items that don't cone with a game but not a collectors edition so twistedsymphony, does it go in the database? As it does not meet criteria number one, (must come with a copy of the game)

Letrico
03-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Stop making me spend money.

MSI International Parcel $75.00 :(

Shipping ruined it. Won't be getting it anymore

Treehouse_Ryan
03-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Wow. This is a lot to catch up on. Let me know if I've missed anything....

only downfall is that the steelbook will probably be in G1 :sick:

Tell me how to tell them apart and I'll tell you what ours is. G1 vs G2 wasn't covered in Mags' thread. Figures I'd finally get a steel in one of our CEs and it's still not good enough....

only question / problem im sure dead space was like 30USD shipping last time to uk and if more than one is wanted Each one shipped is 60USD extra is there any way of this being reduced?

They're being kitted and boxed and sealed at the factory so we can have the warehouse just print your address and stick the label on and move it out immediately. I don't think there is a box that would hold two of them, and I don't think I'd trust a box picked out that was just close enough to deliver them to you in good enough condition.... I'm sorry it comes down to this, but we get hosed on shipping these large boxes and so that bad situation just flows downhill. I know we subsidize the shipping cost somewhat already, so I expect we're losing a bit of money on each one shipped even though you're paying double.

At least someone agrees with me....just 50 bucks more, and it would have been the definitive Wolfenstein Edition...!!!!

Maybe if it at least you could get the option to have the game included inside the CE then everyone could get it the way they'd like. A two tier CE. Say the first half with the game and the second half without.

So, there are lots of legal issues with selling games (to say nothing of games that also include Nazis). Aside from those, the logistical issues are actual nightmares. We can't get our hands on games until one or maaaaaybe two days before release date, which means we'd have to pack the kits in a mad rush (and until we're running our own warehouse, I wouldn't trust this to be done as perfectly as you all would rightly expect it to be), and we'd basically be unable to get the games to you on day one. And that's leaving out how prohibitively expensive it would be to overnight all those giant boxes. And that also means international customers are definitely screwed for getting their games in a reasonable amount of time.

I don't disagree that it would be better to have the game in the box as an option (I really like the extra options you get by buying them separately), that option would come with many headaches and everyone would have to understand that they're not getting their games in time, which I expect would cause even more uproar than all the "no game??! WTF?" posts (not that anyone here falls into that camp with your reasonable posts, but we have to consider the lowest common denominator in every decision)....

Same as the Forza CE (or "CE" I guess, to satisfy some of the pickier among you). It's a sturdy MDF that we can paper-wrap with an allover printed wrap to look like anything we want. Oh, and the hinges and clasp are metal, so it's not cheap feeling at all.

First I want to say what an absolute credit you are to your company, The way you come on and talk stuff through with us is just amazing, and its great to be kept in the light about things coming up.

Staaahhhhp. You guys are making me blush.

I also believe its worded wrong :) as your saying in your selling point that its an oversized costly nightmare to post, but the people who order the edition are going to understand this anyway?

Yeah, well, shipping is always going to be a problem (see below). I was referring more to my response above about shipping them separately vs. trying to pack the game in. Moving the box is enough of a problem without also having to move it in a timely enough manner to satisfy angry gamers. The operating principle is the game _has to_ show up on release day, and wrapping it in a giant box complicates that exponentially (and has a similar impact on the price).

Also, I was just informed that the UK rate is duty paid, so no hidden VAT fees when it shows up. Still a ton of money, I know, but at least should be free from surprises like on your previous order....

MSI International Parcel $75.00 :(

Shipping ruined it. Won't be getting it anymore

USPS to AUS might save close to $20, but we weren't able to confirm if the box was past a girth limit. I've run this up the chain and if it's possible, we'll add it as an option. That MSI quote was confirmed correct though, which is sad.

Twisted
03-27-2014, 05:43 AM
can you please work with Nintendo and offer us Collectors editions featuring upcoming Zelda? Mario games etc?

Zaku77
03-27-2014, 05:59 AM
The soldier is totally badass!!!

It kinds reminds me a comic I used to read called Danger Girls made by Cliffhanger...with Some Kind of nazi looks from the first Hellboy movie touch!!!

Love it!!!!

Hey, man, this is the last time I'm tracking you down like this. You have shown an incredible amount of rudeness by blowing me off like you have these past two weeks. I have done everything to get a hold of you but buy a bloody plane ticket and knock on your door. I'm putting your Tales CE--that I've had sitting here for you on hold for ages while it devalues and you ignore me--up for sale here and on some other websites. If you still want it, then feel free to respond to one of the many ways I've tried to get a hold of you, and it's still yours. If not, I'm beyond done with this situation.

I would have sent this in a pm, but you ignore those, anyway, so this seems to be a better way for you to see a message.

Dreamcazman
03-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Ryan, just a quick question. I've put an order in for this awesome edition (despite the postage costs), but do you know how they will be packed?

I loved how the DS3 Dev edition was packed (ie styrofoam and strong box) so I'm hoping this one will the same, or very similar. As most of us, I like to receive my items in perfect condition and knowing it'll be packed properly is one less thing to worry about. :thumb:

canuckcollector
03-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Shipping to Canada is $50. :(

Wallet is crying...

Stevo
03-27-2014, 02:58 PM

Wallet is crying...

Wow for some reason I didn't think it would be this much to Canada.

Kind of makes me feel like $60 to the UK isn't too bad.

Treehouse_Ryan
03-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Ryan, just a quick question. I've put an order in for this awesome edition (despite the postage costs), but do you know how they will be packed?

I loved how the DS3 Dev edition was packed (ie styrofoam and strong box) so I'm hoping this one will the same, or very similar. As most of us, I like to receive my items in perfect condition and knowing it'll be packed properly is one less thing to worry about. :thumb:

Should be nearly identical to the Forza one. I don't know exact details, but the sturdy box will be encased in a snug-fitting thick cardboard box. Not sure about the styrofoam layer, but this box is much sturdier than the tin the DS3 one came in, so you should still be pleased.

Wallet is crying...

Wow for some reason I didn't think it would be this much to Canada.

Kind of makes me feel like $60 to the UK isn't too bad.

UK and Canada both make us charge a percentage of the value or they hold your package hostage.... Costs more up front, but should theoretically be the same amount (minus the hassle) of having to pay the import fees when you pick it up. Sorry guys.

Dan
03-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Tell me how to tell them apart and I'll tell you what ours is. G1 vs G2 wasn't covered in Mags' thread. Figures I'd finally get a steel in one of our CEs and it's still not good enough....

G1 - standard XBOX/DVD case
G2 - bluray/PS3/PS4/XBOX1 case

Vikingo82
03-27-2014, 04:34 PM
G1 - standard XBOX/DVD case
G2 - bluray/PS3/PS4/XBOX1 case

Don't worry Ryan...make it G1, so everybody can have the neccesary slots...

They have the detail to include an steel and we have an argument for the size...came on...that's too much guys...

Do it like you had planned....forget sizes...Just make the steel real...

I think all will be happy even If it's G1 Or G2 sized...

Indeed...this steel, will look more majestic on G1 size...

Don't make this becomes a headache for you Ryan...

Treehouse_Ryan
03-27-2014, 05:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ttfOjcF.gif
Good news everyone!

Here it is stacked near some standard nerd measurement units I could find around my office:

http://i.imgur.com/z9xrbod.jpg
And here is a squared up version for the skeptics:

http://i.imgur.com/cv408at.jpg

Dan
03-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Good news everyone!

Here it is stacked near some standard nerd measurement units I could find around my office:

ITS G2(*&yr#OF2H34TKLJ2HIOURz!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!#$%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

LyricalOne
03-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Good news everyone!

Wow, "you da man" Ryan

Thanks for taking your time in taking these pictures. I personally didn't care if it was G1 or G2, but hey the steelbook does look pretty sweet. Something about red steelbooks..

Vikingo82
03-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Looks awesome...

This dark cherry red...amazing!!!!

Dreamcazman
03-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Should be nearly identical to the Forza one. I don't know exact details, but the sturdy box will be encased in a snug-fitting thick cardboard box. Not sure about the styrofoam layer, but this box is much sturdier than the tin the DS3 one came in, so you should still be pleased.
Thanks for that! I never got the Forza pack so I don't know how it came shipped. ;)

Also, thanks for the great photos of the steelbook. It makes sense to make it G2, especially for the new generation. :clap:

imironmann
03-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Good news everyone!

I really need to talk to my boss about why I don't have piles of random videogames and steels laying around my office.

toxicatom5
03-28-2014, 01:18 AM
This is getting quite a few mentions over at IGN. Their personalities don't seem too impressed by the lack of the game inside. They were actually a little harsh if you ask me. I was surprised by that a little bit, but guess not everyone has the collector mentality. Kind of surprised by the amount of dissension even among the forum on that matter too. To each their own, I say.

imironmann
03-28-2014, 01:37 AM
The statue is bad ass. I'd love to see some of the other cool enemies get some small statues as well.

http://4playernetwork.com/static/media/uploads/Games/Wolfenstein%20The%20New%20Order/screens%2020130528/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-11.jpg
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130911105439/wolfenstein/images/e/e5/Wolfenstein-The_New_Order_Concept_Art_05.jpg

Really like these!

Where can they be picked up from?

Mike1888
03-31-2014, 07:32 PM
Really like these!

Where can they be picked up from?

Those are just pictures I found on the wolfenstein website (http://www.wolfenstein.com/en-us/).

Media > then scroll down to concept art.

Mike1888
03-31-2014, 07:35 PM
This is getting quite a few mentions over at IGN. Their personalities don't seem too impressed by the lack of the game inside. They were actually a little harsh if you ask me. I was surprised by that a little bit, but guess not everyone has the collector mentality. Kind of surprised by the amount of dissension even among the forum on that matter too. To each their own, I say.

Yeah, for some reason this got a lot of press as some kind of cash-grab from the devs. People are just getting caught up in the word "edition". They think this is going to be on the shelves of bestbuy tricking people. Replace it with "bundle" or "pack" or something, and no one cares. Semantics.

Dan
04-08-2014, 05:56 PM
ATkxa5XSD18

Dreamcazman
04-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Ryan, how are these selling?

Does it look like they'll sell out?

Texas Fire
04-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Also the old school Wolfenstein is forbidden here in Germany. All other Wolfenstein games are cut. No swastikas in german video games. They get all replaced.

Ewwwwww! Censorship!

TF

flatout
04-16-2014, 01:07 AM
Ewwwwww! Censorship!

TF

Well to be fair almost all of them have been.

Any game that has Nazi symbols in them cannot be released there... and really you cannot pull all of them from the game (they tried with the last one). Really a touchy subject for Germany... with the genocide and world domination and all.

If you ask me it should be allowed in media over there... people should not forget (I know they wont but they should be reminded anyways). Also current Germans should not feel guilty for their ancestors.... just remember the lesson like we all do. But i still understand the ban of any form of that symbol... even if it is in entertainment.

Texas Fire
04-16-2014, 01:11 AM
can you please work with Nintendo and offer us Collectors editions featuring upcoming Zelda? Mario games etc?

This would be awesome! I would love to see a Smash Brother CE...

TF

Ayiu
04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Well to be fair almost all of them have been.

Any game that has Nazi symbols in them cannot be released there... and really you cannot pull all of them from the game (they tried with the last one). Really a touchy subject for Germany... with the genocide and world domination and all.

If you ask me it should be allowed in media over there... people should not forget (I know they wont but they should be reminded anyways). Also current Germans should not feel guilty for their ancestors.... just remember the lesson like we all do. But i still understand the ban of any form of that symbol... even if it is in entertainment.

it is allowed in tv shows, though. That's what makes me wonder why we can't have it in video games too :scratch:

SBCollectorAl
04-16-2014, 11:06 AM
it is allowed in tv shows, though. That's what makes me wonder why we can't have it in video games too :scratch:

Well I have read in a videogamemagazine, because videogames aren't arts according to the law, it is forbidden to show any kind of political-extremist symbols.

Movies and documentaries are arts according to the law and because of that swastikas in videogames are seen as propaganda according to the law and that is why those videogames are forbidden.

flatout
04-16-2014, 11:49 AM

That is pretty dumb.

Well I have read in a videogamemagazine, because videogames aren't arts according to the law, it is forbidden to show any kind of political-extremist symbols.

Movies and documentaries are arts according to the law and because of that swastikas in videogames are seen as propaganda according to the law and that is why those videogames are forbidden.

They are art here in the US... right? Strange it is not over there as it is an easy case to place it at least on par with a movie.

mosavon
04-26-2014, 03:56 AM
**Special Edition [Oceania] (PS4) added to database**
**Special Edition [Oceania] (XB1) added to database**

mosavon
04-27-2014, 02:11 AM
**Occupied Edition [Europe] (PS4) added to database**
**Occupied Edition [Europe] (XB1) added to database**
**Occupied Edition [2] (PS3) added to database**
**Occupied Edition [PAL] (X360) added to database**
**Occupied Edition [DVD-ROM] (PC) added to database**

djtoko
04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
In Czech Republic we will have the Occupied Edition with the Wolfenstein key ring....

http://www.jrc.cz/produkty/scr/2014/wolfensteinod.jpg

EDIT: strange after I posted the pic here they changed the image and the key ring is not there anymore.... :)

http://gamesbase.cz/data/editor/clanky/2014/4-duben/21-pondeli/wolf2.jpg

source: http://www.jrc.cz/hra_pc_wolfenstein_the_new_order_occupied_edition

and

steelbook as a preorder bonus with classic edition.

http://www.xzone.cz/images/wolfenstein_the_new_order.jpg

source: http://www.xzone.cz/wolfenstein_the_new_order.php3

Triszin
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
the states never get special/limited editions of the stuff i want. :beg:

Great, now im considering buying the collectors edition from bethesda, since its the only special edition i can get. im 85% of the way to buying it.

twistedsymphony
05-19-2014, 01:08 AM
*** Photos have been added for the Panzerhund Edition ***

Texas Fire
05-19-2014, 04:59 AM
Anyone get their Panzerhund edition yet? Just curious if anyone did or know when they should drop?

TF

Dreamcazman
05-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Anyone get their Panzerhund edition yet? Just curious if anyone did or know when they should drop?

TF
AFAIK, they haven't been shipped yet. Well, at least mine hasn't been sent yet. :(

twistedsymphony
05-20-2014, 12:57 AM

TF

They're supposed to ship tomorrow... I got a pre-release copy ;)

MortalMonday
05-20-2014, 05:54 AM
Wish they've would've shipped them earlier, so that we could have it in-hand by release day, ah well...

Texas Fire
05-20-2014, 07:20 PM
They should have shipped them out yesterday, that way at the earliest people might have got them by today, no later than Thursday-ish...*sigh*

TF

Triszin
05-20-2014, 07:54 PM
my experience with beth store is that, they say the item has shipped 2-3 days after they shipped said item. I got my wolfenstein bag and art book the day after i got the notification. And the tracking # said it was picked up for shipping a few days before hand.

Drumma716
05-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Hey did anybody get there Panzerhund Edition yet? or does anybody know when we'll be getting them?

Atter
05-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Hey did anybody get there Panzerhund Edition yet? or does anybody know when we'll be getting them?

They doesn't even shipped them out... It will release on May 23.

From the product page:
"Your entire order will be held until this product becomes available. The current estimated ship date is the week of May 23, 2014."

flatout
05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
That was a bad idea from a business standpoint... although ti seems to have worked out somewhat. It was good for consumers assuming they could cancel at anytime before shipment. If the game had performed very badly it would have given people a couple days to react and cancel.

Chargersfan57
05-22-2014, 08:23 AM
After some debate I decided to go ahead and purchase this edition. I already own the DS3 dev-team edition and these will go great together.

Treehouse Ryan- Please continue making these deluxe box sets for future games as I'd love to own a collection of them!

Activtile
05-22-2014, 10:02 AM

Looks like painted wood to me...
....certainly no metal.

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2014/05/wolfenstein_the_new_order_panzerhund_edition_00-540x360.jpg (http://hackerbot.net/pc/187-wolfenstein-the-new-order-pc-trainers-and-cheats)

imironmann
05-22-2014, 04:16 PM
That was a bad idea from a business standpoint... although ti seems to have worked out somewhat. It was good for consumers assuming they could cancel at anytime before shipment. If the game had performed very badly it would have given people a couple days to react and cancel.

I still want my games on a disc!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/20/the-misadventures-of-trying-to-play-wolfenstein-the-new-order-via-ps4-digital-download/

Texas Fire
05-22-2014, 04:25 PM
From viewing on Twitter, I've seen like two people or so who have posted theirs online...So maaaybe today people will see theirs arrive...

TF

eternix
05-22-2014, 05:18 PM
I hope so...so excited to get it!

Chargersfan57
05-22-2014, 06:17 PM
....certainly no metal.

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2014/05/wolfenstein_the_new_order_panzerhund_edition_00-540x360.jpg (http://hackerbot.net/pc/187-wolfenstein-the-new-order-pc-trainers-and-cheats)

I believe it's chipboard.

LyricalOne
05-22-2014, 06:36 PM
....certainly no metal.

was it ever stated to be metal? :scratch:

I think it looks neat nevertheless :D

twistedsymphony
05-22-2014, 07:56 PM
I believe it's chipboard.

Having held it in my hands I believe that it is indeed chipboard (or something very similar). I think I mentioned this in the unboxing video.

The walls of the box are very thick (~3-4mm), Very strong and very sturdy but NOT made of metal. The box is actually completely smooth. the texture that you see is is just the design printed on the box.

It's a very similar construction to the Forza 5 Paddock Edition that they made. I can't really think of any other Editions with a high quality box like this. I know I've seen a similar construction on other release but which ones eludes me.

---------------

FWIW the one I unboxed I had to send back to Treehouse once I was done with the video. I ordered one for myself but haven't yet received it, nor have I received a shipment notification ;)

Texas Fire
05-22-2014, 09:10 PM
They're STILL some available if anyone's interested here (http://store.bethsoft.com/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html)...

TF

Dreamcazman
05-23-2014, 05:14 AM
Mine's been shipped! :bananayes:

Texas Fire
05-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Mine's been shipped! :bananayes:

Yeah, I just got my shipping email as well. It was in my junk/spam folder...It was shipped yesterday, so I'm hoping for the latest Saturday...:/

TF

Lemur
05-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Mine is not shipped yet. I just checked my order and it only shows paid. They took payment over a week ago too WTF! :hammer:

Treehouse_Ryan
05-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Mine is not shipped yet. I just checked my order and it only shows paid. They took payment over a week ago too WTF! :hammer:

Delivery was late because the ports were clogged. The warehouse get a bunch turned around and shipped out on Friday, but they're fulfilled in the order they were placed, so if you only ordered a week ago, it makes sense that yours wouldn't be the first one shipped.

Monday is a holiday here, so this is all just very bad timing. The second day of shipping won't be until Tuesday. We've done everything we can to stress the importance of these going out fast, so I'm sure the warehouse will get to yours soon next week.

I'm very sorry for the delay, but there was nothing we could do. (This is another reason it's supposed to be a good idea the game isn't in the box.)

Triszin
05-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Delivery was late because the ports were clogged. The warehouse get a bunch turned around and shipped out on Friday, but they're fulfilled in the order they were placed, so if you only ordered a week ago, it makes sense that yours wouldn't be the first one shipped.

Monday is a holiday here, so this is all just very bad timing. The second day of shipping won't be until Tuesday. We've done everything we can to stress the importance of these going out fast, so I'm sure the warehouse will get to yours soon next week.

I'm very sorry for the delay, but there was nothing we could do. (This is another reason it's supposed to be a good idea the game isn't in the box.)

mine just shipped! Also please, PLEASE, get in contact with insomniac games and try to get a collectors ed like the panzer hound made for Sunset overdrive!

Texas Fire
05-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Well according to tracking, it states it should arrive at my house around Thursday...*crosses fingers*

TF

Atter
05-25-2014, 06:47 PM
so if you only ordered a week ago, it makes sense that yours wouldn't be the first one shipped.

I've ordered it on april 8th, but mine doesn't shipped either...
I'm very disappointed! I don't know why are they waited so long to ship it out if there is a holiday too... :hammer:

Chargersfan57
05-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Patience guys. You'll have it before you know it. And I suppose this is why it doesn't ship with the game. It's not like it's holding you back from enjoying the game right now.

Besides, if it's anything like the Dead Space dev edition, it will be well worth the wait.

Drumma716
05-26-2014, 12:23 AM
I've ordered it on april 8th, but mine doesn't shipped either...
I'm very disappointed! I don't know why are they waited so long to ship it out if there is a holiday too... :hammer:

I ordered mine march 28th and it won't arrive until Friday. I agree they shouldn't have shipped so late. Its a little dissapointing it didn't arrive the same day the game came out.

LyricalOne
05-26-2014, 01:21 AM
I ordered mine march 28th and it won't arrive until Friday. I agree they shouldn't have shipped so late. Its a little dissapointing it didn't arrive the same day the game came out.

I don't think it was ever suppose to..?

I'm excited to get this either way!

Chargersfan57
05-26-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't think it was ever suppose to..?

I'm excited to get this either way!

Yeah me too! :thumb:

I REALLY hope Treehouse continues making these unique editions. Please push for more of these Ryan!

Chargersfan57
05-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Woohooo! mine just arrived!

I got number 1535/5000

I really like the hound. It's pretty neat. : )

EDIT:Interestingly enough, I never got a shipping notice. (And yeah I checked my spam folder) So I was VERY surprised when my doorbell rang.

Texas Fire
05-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Woohooo! mine just arrived!

I got number 1535/5000

I really like the hound. It's pretty neat. : )

Good stuff? I think Friday for me...Hoping earlier, but meh, we'll see...

TF

Chargersfan57
05-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Here's a pic of my collection so far...

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz83/noah6499/DSCF2182_zps806d8bc1.jpg

Two so far. Now just need Ryan to announce number 3. ; )

euphoriapt
05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
hi guys i have a question, if i return a pre ordered game from bestbuy do i lose the rewards points from that pre order ??? i bought the game but i rather play on PC.

Chargersfan57
05-28-2014, 01:20 AM
I thought it would be fun to post all the innards of these beasts together...

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz83/noah6499/DSCF2184_zps1a42affc.jpg

Now I just need to get a display case for these two.

Triszin
05-28-2014, 03:06 AM
I gotta wait till friday, stupid ups. =[

Texas Fire
05-28-2014, 03:14 AM

Two so far. Now just need Ryan to announce number 3. ; )Whats the box to the right? Part of the Panzerhund edition?

I gotta wait till friday, stupid ups. =[
I'm in the same boat as well. According the UPS website, the next activity will be on Thursday. Not sure if that means it'll be at my house on Thursday or what...

TF

Dreamcazman
05-28-2014, 03:36 AM
Whats the box to the right? Part of the Panzerhund edition?
TF
That's the Dead Space 3 Dev Team edition. It was another special edition sold by Treehouse.

Xmo
05-28-2014, 04:16 AM
I have a 3k number, oh well
the packaging is totally like the one from dead space, very sturdy

Chargersfan57
05-29-2014, 01:35 AM
I have a 3k number, oh well
the packaging is totally like the one from dead space, very sturdy

Yeah I like the quality of these editions.

g6t9ed
05-29-2014, 03:41 PM

Two so far. Now just need Ryan to announce number 3. ; )

Do you know about the Forza 5 Paddock Edition? Wouldn't that make it three?

And congrats on your new arrival!

Chargersfan57
05-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, I know about the Paddock Edition, however none of the items in that edition interest me. To me they are boring and I much prefer the "in game world" contents of these two editions.

Plus I only plan on buying a PS4 this generation. So it makes no sense to me to own a CE of a game I'll probably never play.

Now if they made a Gran Turismo CE with "in game world" contents in full scale I'd definitely get one. lol

Full scale race car anyone?

0329liuken
05-30-2014, 04:50 AM
Good to see people start to receive their copies.

Mine was shipped last Friday, and the schedule deliver date was this Friday. I just checked and the schedule deliver date became the next Monday...

WTF UPS???? I thought ground was 3-5 business day, why would you use 6 business days to deliver my package???

bbki
05-30-2014, 06:21 AM
Last monday is Memorial Day, I think they didn't count that as business day.

I still don't like ups :/ they love to abused my package.

JCage
05-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Panzerhund arrived yesterday.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2934/14300877731_e3884a9c63_o.jpg

Pretty cool but pup is hard to pose.

JC

I_BE_WILL
05-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Mine is still located in the states somewhere, probably another 2 weeks away :(

Dreamcazman
05-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Mine is still located in the states somewhere, probably another 2 weeks away :(
For mine, tracking says it's 'Left crossdock facility' whatever that means.

I'm assuming it's on it's way over the pacific somewhere. :lol:

EDIT: Checked again and it arrived in Australia, should have it Monday. :bananayes:

Dreamcazman
06-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Mine arrived this morning, all good. 2308/5000. :)

I_BE_WILL
06-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Mine arrived this morning, all good. 2308/5000. :)

Foiled by being located in the triangle south of the mainland, hope it's here sometime this week.

ZeeAussie
06-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Got mine this morning, 1972/5000

JCage
06-03-2014, 10:22 AM
For those who have received it, are the limbs on your Panzerhund figures very loose? Makes it really hard to pose the figure because the joints in the legs are not tight and they just fall down instead of propping him up in whatever pose you choose. Also, the neck is not very articulate and so the head will not raise up very high. For $100 I would have expected higher quality with tight joints to make the figure posable.

DESOUL
06-08-2014, 12:41 PM
should i get the panzerhund edition? my pride wont allow me yet, but if its really good then maybe. Something doesnt feel right when they throw the reason at your face for not including a game.

Should be against the law for calling it an "edition" of a game without the actual game XD (americans call your lawyers! :P :P)

LyricalOne
06-08-2014, 12:59 PM
should i get the panzerhund edition? my pride wont allow me yet, but if its really good then maybe. Something doesnt feel right when they throw the reason at your face for not including a game.

Should be against the law for calling it an "edition" of a game without the actual game XD (americans call your lawyers! :P :P)

Lol they never advertised it as an edition of the game though?

It's called the Panzerhund edition; it includes the Panzerhund figure. :lol:

DESOUL
06-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Lol they never advertised it as an edition of the game though?

It's called the Panzerhund edition; it includes the Panzerhund figure. :lol:

damn, good point! bethesda support couldnt answer me on that (they kept shoving the 'poor boy waiting for game' thing at my face)
theres the lawyer i was looking for, you just gave me a reason to buy/notbuy the panzerhund :surrender:

LyricalOne
06-08-2014, 01:36 PM
damn, good point! bethesda support couldnt answer me on that (they kept shoving the 'poor boy waiting for game' thing at my face)
theres the lawyer i was looking for, you just gave me a reason to buy/notbuy the panzerhund :surrender:

Haha. I personally see no problem with this.

I agree with most of their points as to why it is separate from the game; only drawback is double shipping.

But it is great in a sense that you can buy your local/region's version of the game and get the pre-order DLC, etc. I know it feel incomplete without it, but I see it as an advantage to most collectors. Also allows you to collect "sealed" all while enjoying the game.

I haven't opened mine yet actually, but the box is a pretty good size and it feels sturdy. Happy that I bought mine!

DESOUL
06-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Haha. I personally see no problem with this.

I agree with most of their points as to why it is separate from the game; only drawback is double shipping.

But it is great in a sense that you can buy your local/region's version of the game and get the pre-order DLC, etc. I know it feel incomplete without it, but I see it as an advantage to most collectors. Also allows you to collect "sealed" all while enjoying the game.

I haven't opened mine yet actually, but the box is a pretty good size and it feels sturdy. Happy that I bought mine!

aha! but see now u r treating it as a game edition :P otherwise i can buy a game and keep merchandise sealed (as usual with most collectors). (btw im ok with it as well, just for the sake of conversation and trying to look at it from all angles)

so now, from a video game collector point of view: is this edition merchandise or is it a version of the video game.
For instance a lot of video game ash ketchums would buy the ntsc-j, ntsc, pal, and any other version to have them all, would this be part of the all, or would it be gaming merchandise? :scratch:

I_BE_WILL
06-09-2014, 02:49 AM
How long does it normally take for support to answer? I'm chasing them up about a dented steel.

DESOUL
06-09-2014, 04:22 AM
How long does it normally take for support to answer? I'm chasing them up about a dented steel.

My experience with publisher'a online store support is bad. If they don't reply in 5 days, contact them via twitter

negkbm
06-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Ordered mine, however i don't think i will be getting the doom beta sadly :(

Yeah i know i am pretty late but i just got time for a breather now and its probably going to take a week to arrive i guess xXx

Edition Name: Occupied Edition
Platform(s): Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC (?)
Region(s):
Release Date: 05/23/2014
Price (RRP): ?54.99
Content Description:
- 20 page travel guide to occupied Britain
- Wolfenstein Travel Card Holder
- Set of 3 postcards
- Access to Doom Beta
Link(s) to source(s): E (http://deviatedhacking.com/index.php/topic/2156-wolfenstein-the-new-order-trainer/)xclusive at Game UK (http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=285754&articleId=285755&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=home-_-banner-_-wolfensteinTNO#tablink_SPedition)

Other Info/Pics:

blockbusterboy
08-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Well on a whim ordered the Panzerhund edition, call it intuition; now to hope it all arrives okay.

Ordered the occupied edition after all a collectors edition with out a game just wont do and as it seems to have been well received might just be worth a punt.

Now just have to think what name I'm going to give the Panzerhund...

blockbusterboy
09-10-2014, 07:01 AM
As an addendum the Panzerhund edition arrived all pristine and all words associated with pristine such as mint, perfect and oh hell I'm too lazy to thesaurus it....