PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Yoshitaka Amano - The City - Plate (Final Fantasy VI) 202/500

leonemesis
05-09-2014, 09:52 PM
For Sale
Title: Yoshitaka Amano - The City - Plate (Final Fantasy VI)
Price: USD 750
Condition: Used*
Detail conditions: It is complete with box and stand, has never been displayed and there are no marks, dents or any sort of damage
*(I listed as used as I'm not the first to own this but its appearance is that of a mint/like new item)
Pictures:

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/8224/ophk.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6352/r7fc.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/4731/unqv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/5074/1bdc.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img689/5155/votr.jpg

Hello there

I hate to start a sale topic when my username here still shows as a new member when in fact I joined back in 2012 and have been lurking ever since, haha. But I figured I'd give it a shot as I never sold anything to folks overseas and don't want to put it on ebay (never sold anything there, I'm a bit worried something might go wrong thanks to their policies and stuff), so please bear with me, apologize for any mistake/rule broken.

I've dealt with the user evilvort3x a couple times before, he actually introduced me to the site, so I suppose that you could shoot him a pm in case you need some reference, I'm sure he would vouch for me as I would for him. Not as good as actual feedback, I know, but I suppose it is better than nothing. I also have solid feedback on ebay although it is as a buyer so not sure if that counts.

About the item itself it is an illustrated plate by Yoshitaka Amano featuring Tina/Terra from Final Fantasy VI atop a Magitek Armor, that classic artwork present in the japanese boxart. It is a very limited piece as it is numbered, only 500 of these were produced, this one being number 202. As far I know these were sold at an Amano exhibit in Japan, not sure about any other details, sorry.

It is complete with original box and stand, everything in like-new condition, has not been displayed. I've taken some pictures so you can check it. Sorry if the pics look bad, I have zero experience in photography. I can try taking better pics upon request.

I got this straight from Japan from the original owner, a collector like most of us, and as it has the proper numbering (and matching box) as well as the artist's branding, you can rest assured this is a legit piece. The reason for selling this, as you may be wondering, is that even though I love this, I don't really collect Final Fantasy items, so I'd rather it went to a FF collector. On top of that I can use the money to improve my Shin Megami Tensei collection, which is the series I love the most.

Lastly, as for price/shipping details, it is as follows:

- Price I'm asking is USD 750.00 (paypal is the only payment option and fees are included in the asking price). It is based on the last open auction I've seen featuring this item, it was in 2012 and it sold for over 500 pounds

- I can ship to any country, the only condition is that you pay for a tracked and reliable method. Whether you want to insure it or not is up to you, as it can be expensive for this item. I will pack the item very well, but should you choose not to insure it, I must remind you that I will not take responsibility and will not be able to refund you in case postal service/customs damage it.

I think that's about it, should you have any questions please send a PM, sorry if this turned out too long, hehe.

Likey
05-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Awesome piece! I wish I could afford it. :(

I didn't know this existed and also shit scared to buy it in case I smash it lol.

If you live in a place where you get earthquakes then you should also avoid it.

Redmagster
05-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Hey sorry not to be a buyer but also wanted to say 'wow' :thumb:

Beautiful piece :swoon: and appreciate your full description and background - sure someone with deeper pockets than mine will want this one :)

JRPGFan
05-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Really really cool piece. FF Fine China :P

imironmann
05-10-2014, 12:16 PM
What an amazing piece of art!

Don't suppose you have any other gems hidden away you may be willing to part with?

KnightOfTruth
05-10-2014, 03:29 PM

Don't suppose you have any other gems hidden away you may be willing to part with?

What he said! :)

That's so lovely - wish I had the cash to spare for it (or the thought that it'd survive in my household). FF3/6 was/is one of my favorite games of all time and that is a beautiful piece.

If you've got any other hidden gems please do share! I'd love to see them and at the very least drool a lot :)

leonemesis
05-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm glad you guys like it, it is indeed an amazing piece. I like the art a lot, but one of the things I like the most is that is very limited, it is not everyday you see something limited and numbered to only 500.

I realize the price may seem a bit steep but as I mentioned that's based on the last price I've seen it sold for and the item didn't come off cheap to me as well, of course. Otherwise I'd have no idea on how to price this, even in Japan it is quite hard to find.

Awesome piece! I wish I could afford it. :(

I didn't know this existed and also shit scared to buy it in case I smash it lol.

If you live in a place where you get earthquakes then you should also avoid it.

I wish I had a proper display case, then I wouldn't have to worry about it getting damaged. For this reason I always kept it safely stored, from time to time I'd have a look at it, the photos don't do it justice, it looks really good, amazing detail on the artwork itself.

Fortunately earthquakes were never a worry over here, thankfully we've never had any. Last I remember South America is at a good distance from those "joints" undersea, not sure what it is named in english.

Within Final Fantasy that would be the only one, I'm afraid. I do have one of those Square Millennium Boxes, it's from Xenogears and it's the rarer Elly Version that comes with a figurine, it's brand new sealed. I've considered selling it lately, I was going for a full set, but my SMT collection is taking most of the space around here and I will need more, I can't afford to store the full set as it stands, so I see no other choice.

Though, unless you want them sealed, these square millennium sets can be found on ebay fairly easily, so I wouldn't put them quite on the same level as this item.

v1sav1s
05-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi leonemesis, Do you know what the stand is made from? Thank you! :wave:

leonemesis
05-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Hi leonemesis, Do you know what the stand is made from? Thank you! :wave:

Hello there

To be honest I never opened the stand bag, but I had a look at it yesterday (I did not open it as to keep it in the condition described) and it looks like it's made of some vinyl-like material, very solid and has a decorated pattern to it I didn't even notice before.

Originally I thought it was a 2 piece set, but it is actually a single piece that you unfold and it holds the plate in a vertical position while supporting the back of the plate entirely.

I tried to find a picture of this item being displayed, as it would be easier to understand how it works, but no luck, I end up seeing my own images :lol:

Nevertheless, I can safely say that it is a very solid stand, if you are worried it is a cheapo one that won't give you peace of mind while displaying this item, rest assured it is not the case. :thumb: