PDA

View Full Version : Autographed Destiny Games Guide w/ Bungie Launch Party Wristband

Star Blazers
09-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Asked a few forum members here the policy about posting this and all said I could....

I have put up on eBay an autographed official game guide for Destiny by over 40 Bungie development team members. As everyone may already know on Monday September 8th Bungie had an "open house" at their studio in Bellevue Washington. The first 300 people got a tour of the studio, but over 1000 people showed up.

Later that night there was a special private party for Bungie, Activision, and invited guests, which was closed to the public, in downtown Seattle. A special Destiny blue wristband was what got people into the party. I will include my wristband with the game guide.

All information is listed in the auction, the item description is rather lengthy I just wanted to be as detailed as possible. All proceeds from the auction will go to a family member to help assist in his medical bills as he is fighting Lou Gehrig Disease. Photos of the items are included with the auction as well as some images taken from the private party too.

Auction runs for one week from today, and is item #141407115435. A direct link to it is below, any questions feel free to contact me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-DESTINY-Official-Strategy-Guide-by-BUNGIE-Development-Team-/141407115435?

ingmar1988
09-14-2014, 09:23 PM
To bad it is not the ce guide.

Star Blazers
09-14-2014, 09:26 PM
To bad it is not the ce guide.

Seeing that the guides didn't come out until midnight when the game was released, I was lucky to get what I could get since the guide was signed the day/night before the official release.

StayFree( ' 3')
09-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Seeing that the guides didn't come out until midnight when the game was released, I was lucky to get what I could get since the guide was signed the day/night before the official release.

oh, is that why no official copies of the game were signed? I was wondering about that.

Star Blazers
09-15-2014, 12:57 AM
oh, is that why no official copies of the game were signed? I was wondering about that.

Actually there are a few out there. First off there are the PS4 Developer copies that I talked about on another thread. Basically just about the first 600 PS4 discs of Destiny that Sony printed went to staff at Bungie, as each employee got one two weeks before the retail release so they could play it. It was basically just a disc with no case and they were numbered in black ink. These copies did not come in a case, but a colored blank sleeve such as green, yellow, and red.

A few days before the open house event at Bungie last Monday, the employees were asked to turn them back in (wasn't sure if they were required to, I can't imagine that they were made to do so) and Bungie decided to hand them out as a thank you to those who were waiting in line for the open house. Towards the end of the tour, an employee was holding a big box and handed people one. Some people such as myself opted to have the front of the disc signed, others didn't. Some, of course went right home and played since they were giving them out as early as 1pm the day before the release. I don't own a PS4 so I haven't played it.

But with regards to the actual release copy being signed, at the private launch party for Bungie and Activision employees (and guests that were invited) there was a silent auction for a children's charity at the event. Bungie had donated some of the very first copies of the finished retail games (one Ghost Edition, one Premium Edition, and one Standard Edition all for the PS4) in three separate auctions. All of the items were signed by a massive amount of Bungie Destiny developers.

A few other items I saw for auction was a full size poster that was signed by a bunch of the developers, another auction was a game guide with a copy of the Newsweek Destiny special edition magazine. Those were also signed by a bunch of the Bungie staff too. I saw an auction for an XBOX One Day One Edition (unsigned), a Sony PS4 Destiny boxed console (unsure if it was signed). There were some conceptual art prints that were limited 1/1 that were unsigned for auction, one of them quite large in size. There were a few pairs of a high end headset with special Destiny custom-made interchangeable ear pieces too and a few non-Destiny related items too. All proceeds went to support the charity. So there are a few signed copies of the game technically out there.....

Star Blazers
09-15-2014, 01:03 AM

Also, during the tour of Bungie we were first taken into the upper level where it appeared to be a break room/lounge area. We saw some tables with various Destiny items on there with small notes on each. I have heard over the years that Bungie does sign stuff for charity events and they basically place the items on the tables and staff can sign them as they please. More than likely the items from that night's charity auction were on the table for staff to finish up signing. We were in a roped off area and security guards were pretty much all over the place so we were instructed to stay in a group during each area on the tour. Downstairs they were really quite nice about letting us take photos of their display cases, walls, etc but upstairs photos were off limits.

polyphamos
09-16-2014, 05:19 PM
50 EUR shipment is pretty much. is there a chance for a cheaper shipment to germany?

Star Blazers
09-16-2014, 05:52 PM
50 EUR shipment is pretty much. is there a chance for a cheaper shipment to germany?

International postal rates increased significantly starting back in January 2013. I am not trying to profit off shipping, based on the weight, the medium flat rate box to ship to Germany via Priority Mail International is $61.75 plus I had to add a few extra dollars for additional insurance for protection against loss, damage, theft, but it is packaged very well so damage won't be an issue. Trust me if I could offer cheaper shipping costs, I would, the postal service is doing everything they can to raise rates thus preventing a lot of people from buying stuff from the USA it seems.