PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitors Complete Edition

CollectorFanatic
11-15-2014, 11:27 PM
EVERYONE!!! Right now, on gamestop.com, you can get the inquisitors edition. There is a catch tho, its also bundled with the strategy guide and is $208.00. This is and has been sold out for months now. But the complete edition is preorderable only on the website. I can confirm this as i just put my order in and got a confirmation email. UPDATED: 16th November 10:48 am. The complete edition for ps4 is now sold out. Xbox one still available

KnightOfTruth
11-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Nice find bud! Probably going to be wishing I picked one of these up just to sell later for more $ (since I don't collect this series) but I'll save it for someone who actually wants one since I'm sure they'll be limited quantities left. Glad someone mentioned it on here though, kudos to you! :thumb:

amb6883
11-16-2014, 02:58 AM
This isn't actually packaged with the game right, the deluxe edition just comes with it?

CollectorFanatic
11-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Its basically the inquisitors edition with the hardcover strategy guide. Im excited about the steel case mostly. 80% of all my ps4 games are steel

amb6883
11-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Its basically the inquisitors edition with the hardcover strategy guide. Im excited about the steel case mostly. 80% of all my ps4 games are steel

Yep, I know... but trying to find out if anyone knows if the game is separate or included in the inquisitor case.

CollectorFanatic
11-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Im pretty sure its included. It doesnt say or note anywhere that the game is NOT included. From what ive read it included the deluxe edition and the steel

Googlie
11-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Yep, I know... but trying to find out if anyone knows if the game is separate or included in the inquisitor case.

It comes with the game, but I believe it is the deluxe edition, with the game, then included with it separately, is the chest with all the goodies. Kinda what they did with Wolfenstein and the Panzerhund edition.

This is how it appears on my Gamestop preorder

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe - PS4

1 0 $69.99 N/A
Dragon Age Inquisition CE Case - Collectibles

1 0 $100.00 N/A

amb6883
11-16-2014, 04:10 AM
It comes with the game, but I believe it is the deluxe edition, with the game, then included with it separately, is the chest with all the goodies. Kinda what they did with Wolfenstein and the Panzerhund edition.

This is how it appears on my Gamestop preorder

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe - PS4

1 0 $69.99 N/A
Dragon Age Inquisition CE Case - Collectibles

1 0 $100.00 N/A

Then it's bullshit CE to me and an easy pass. Only want CE's that actually contain the games.

Letrico
11-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Then it's bullshit CE to me and an easy pass. Only want CE's that actually contain the games.

It is the same for AC Unity Guillotine Edition. Once it is sold out, it is sold out for good and you won't be able to pick a different platform just for sake of getting it.

Which by no means, that it is bullshit CE. Same content as it will be before, with the game out of the CE. Good for those that collect sealed CEs and want to play the game. No longer need to purchase 2 copies.

xhunter
11-16-2014, 02:27 PM
It is the same for AC Unity Guillotine Edition. Once it is sold out, it is sold out for good and you won't be able to pick a different platform just for sake of getting it.

Which by no means, that it is bullshit CE. Same content as it will be before, with the game out of the CE. Good for those that collect sealed CEs and want to play the game. No longer need to purchase 2 copies.

Agreed. I like that publishers have been doing this lately.

CollectorFanatic
11-16-2014, 02:32 PM
I agree. My favorite CE for this year has been the wolfenstein panzerhound edition.

amb6883
11-16-2014, 03:37 PM

I collect GAMES. If it does not contain the game it's just extra swag being sold deceptively as being part of a video game CE. It is bullshit.

CollectorFanatic
11-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Updated the topic. Ps4 now sold out. Xbox one still available. Hurry before theyre gone.

RodriguesK
11-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Good catch but sadly it won't deliver to Canada

Lazarusxx
11-17-2014, 04:09 AM
Hi everyone, I can clarify / confirm some of this stuff up as I have personally seen and opened the Dragon Age Inqusitors Edition myself (2 of them actually.)

First, it does NOT come with the game, well technically anyways. When you buy it you are buying the CE with all it's contents but the game is added at the time of checkout separately. There is no specific branding (Xbox ONE, PS4 etc.) much like the Wolfenstein CE.
Second, the Inqusitors edition does come with the Deluxe Edition (again, packaged separately) of your version of choice.

Third and most importantly this CE is the MOST expensive piece of crap I have seen, and paid for in a long time. I'll give you the rundown, with my comments in Bolded Italics:

Highly detailed exclusive Inquisitor Collector's Edition case produced by TriForce measures approximately 3.5" x 7.5" x 11.5"
True

The case is individually wrapped in faux reptile skin, has the mark of the Inquisitor stamped on top in gold foil, and the interior is fitted with and imprinted red silk.
The outer box looks fantastic, it really does and aside from the plastic clasp on the front it looks pretty well constructed. The inner "red silk" is just a cheap plastic tray with a red felty coating on it. It reminds me of a textured paint.

Cloth map of Thedas drawn to scale measuring approximately 14" x 17"
When I think of cloth, I think of the kind of material used to make the DA:O map - decent quality with a sharp image on it. This one is more of a silken fabric with a medium end printing. The colours seem to be a little washed and not as bright as they could have been.

72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck with custom artwork depicting mythology and mysticism from Dragon Age lore.
Well done Tarot card deck with a nice bag that it's in.

Inquisitor full scale six tool lock pick set
This is by far the cheapest and most sup-par item in the CE. Have you ever seen a plastic toothpick? Picture these "tools" as the cheaper version of that: plastic ultra thin sculpted, flat toothpicks.

One set of four full scale map markers each approximately measuring 3.5" x 2.5" x 3"
Inquisitor's Badge
The badge and war table pieces are also made out of cheap plastic, painted light gray. The badge in particular is made up of 2 parts, a bowl like solid plastic base and the “flame eye” part which is made of a more flexible and thin plastic. Oh, and it's about the size of a giant novelty pin - but with no actual pin part making it unusable as a badge.
There have been reports of many of the war table pieces arriving broken and in one of the 2 I opened, the hawk figurine was snapped in half where the legs meet the base.
Please be careful if you decide to buy this edition and visually check your pieces!

Quill and Inkpot
40-page Inquisitor's Journal

The quill and inkpot are nice, actually. They are both craft store quality but they fit the setting well and along with the journal, make for a nice addition to this otherwise cheap CE. As for the journal, it is a standard journal with artist press paper – coloured beige and the faux leather book binding adds a nice touch.

4 Orlesian Coins

The 4 Orlesian coins are cheap hollow plastic, no where near what I had expected. In my mind I thought they would be similar to the ones given with the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion CE, but these ones look like chocolate coins with the chocolate removed and the wrapper put back together in such a fashion as to make them look tangeble.

Limited edition SteelBook case

Lastly comes the Steelbook case. Depending on how your CE arrives, you may think the case is scratched. This is a weathering effect but unfortunately the design looks shoddy. There is no print on the sides of the Steelbook so if you wanted to display it on your shelf with the spine out it just looks generic. I can’t remember now if there was artwork inside, but if so, it certainly didn’t leave an impression on this collector.

Oh and EB games/Gamestop actually oversold these CE's about a month ago. If you still see it listed online and have ordered it recently, then I say good luck to you sir/madam.

xhunter
11-17-2014, 04:44 AM
Thank you for your review of the CE. Makes me glad I did not buy it.

enesis
11-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi everyone, I can clarify / confirm some of this stuff up as I have personally seen and opened the Dragon Age Inqusitors Edition myself (2 of them actually.)

First, it does NOT come with the game, well technically anyways. When you buy it you are buying the CE with all it's contents but the game is added at the time of checkout separately. There is no specific branding (Xbox ONE, PS4 etc.) much like the Wolfenstein CE.
Second, the Inqusitors edition does come with the Deluxe Edition (again, packaged separately) of your version of choice.

Could you please upload some picture for our viewing pleasure ?

The page on the web ( gamestop ) clearly say : copy of DA deluxe edition , did they shipped it wrong ?

CollectorFanatic
11-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Yea theres a mildly short and not very well made unboxing video on youtube and from what you are saying and what ive seen it looks all to be true. I wasted....wait for it.....236.00 for the "complete" edition including shipping. I will be returning this to gamestop the minute it arrives at my house.

comaamen86
11-18-2014, 02:01 PM
tjl7Nw93fZ0

0329liuken
11-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Got my CE today. Just returned the game in my local GameStop for $69.99+tax and kept the CE itself

Googlie
11-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Got my CE today. Just returned the game in my local GameStop for $69.99+tax and kept the CE itself

Haha that's great. I didn't think they would let people do that. Might think of doing the same.

0329liuken
11-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Haha that's great. I didn't think they would let people do that. Might think of doing the same.

Better do it quick before they forbid people doing that. Can get the game for 20% cheaper from Best Buy with GCU

CollectorFanatic
11-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Hmm thats not a bad idea. Might do the same along with the CE strategy guide. Soo how is the collectors edition in your opinion?

0329liuken
11-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Hmm thats not a bad idea. Might do the same along with the CE strategy guide. Soo how is the collectors edition in your opinion?

Haven't opened it up yet. Will do it in a few hours and let you guys know :)

CollectorFanatic
11-19-2014, 12:17 AM
It actually doesnt look that bad. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfynbNtkog

Googlie
11-19-2014, 12:53 AM
It actually doesnt look that bad. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfynbNtkog

But the comments have me fearful that mine might arrived broken, I should have opted in getting it from the store instead:\ I rally hope mine arrives undamaged.

0329liuken
11-19-2014, 12:56 AM
But the comments have me fearful that mine might arrived broken, I should have opted in getting it from the store instead:\ I rally hope mine arrives undamaged.

Just about to post this.

First time opening it

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/18/16bf38dc854dde36e472aa47149a0833.jpg

I'm so glad nothing is broken

BTW I don't think you can choose store pick-up for this

KnightOfTruth
11-19-2014, 03:15 AM

Tricky. Pretty sly there I must say. Just to make sure, you're not one of those guys who has been creating false Amazon listing for $80 PS4's and then going down to Walmart and having them price-match it for you right? Been quite a few reports of people doing that lately -- really irks me cuz it ruins good pricematching deals for the rest of us. :rant:

If not, then I commend your thriftiness and honesty - as GS will still be able to sell that for the same price, so no harm no foul there. :thumb:

Googlie
11-19-2014, 03:24 AM
Tricky. Pretty sly there I must say. Just to make sure, you're not one of those guys who has been creating false Amazon listing for $80 PS4's and then going down to Walmart and having them price-match it for you right? Been quite a few reports of people doing that lately -- really irks me cuz it ruins good pricematching deals for the rest of us. :rant:

If not, then I commend your thriftiness and honesty - as GS will still be able to sell that for the same price, so no harm no foul there. :thumb:

Is that even possible? Most places in New York price match Amazon as long as the listing says shipped AND sold by Amazon, if its a 3rd party they wont match it.

KnightOfTruth
11-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Is that even possible? Most places in New York price match Amazon as long as the listing says shipped AND sold by Amazon, if its a 3rd party they wont match it.

Yeah, Walmart just started matching Amazon - and many times these people will create a seller account with something like "AmazonElectronics" or something. It's totally a YMMV situation, but many have done it - just like the $60 wiiu and 3dsxl glitches that were on Sears' website this past weekend - Walmart and even some BBs were price-matching those! Know a few who were able to pick up both systems for a total of $120+tax. Although I suppose its a slightly "gray-er" area when its a business that you're legitimately price-matching due to a glitched price vs. you creating a fake listing to do so as you technically can claim "ignorance" that its not a real price.

0329liuken
11-19-2014, 03:51 AM

What makes you think I would do that?

Returns are not like price match. The game is brand new so GameStop isn't losing anything. When I add the CE to cart there are the CE for $100 and the game for $69.99, and the game is not inside the CE, so I don't think I did anything wrong here.

I was thinking they might not let me return it but they did. They even refunded me in cash because I forgot if I used PayPal or card to place the order. I don't like GS but my local GS employees are really friendly.

KnightOfTruth
11-19-2014, 03:54 AM
What makes you think I would do that?

Returns are not like price match. The game is brand new so GameStop isn't losing anything. When I add the CE to cart there are the CE for $100 and the game for $69.99, and the game is not inside the CE, so I don't think I did anything wrong here.

I was thinking they might not let me return it but they did. They even refunded me in cash because I forgot if I used PayPal or card to place the order. I don't like GS but my local GS employees are really friendly.

Then no worries mate, like I said - I commend your thriftiness and honesty! Glad it worked out well for you like that! :thumb:

0329liuken
11-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Then no worries mate, like I said - I commend your thriftiness and honesty! Glad it worked out well for you like that! :thumb:

Yeah :) I always have a hard time price match anything in any store, especially Target. Only succeed once and I have to talk with another manager as the mean old lady with the worst attitude I've ever seen just wouldn't price match for me. That was before the PS4 came out, Target was having a buy 2 get 1 free on any game, and I got an 20% off if you buy two games coupon. Everyone I know get their price match with no problem but I need to go to Target 3 times and talked with two managers...

Googlie
11-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Yeah, Walmart just started matching Amazon - and many times these people will create a seller account with something like "AmazonElectronics" or something. It's totally a YMMV situation, but many have done it - just like the $60 wiiu and 3dsxl glitches that were on Sears' website this past weekend - Walmart and even some BBs were price-matching those! Know a few who were able to pick up both systems for a total of $120+tax. Although I suppose its a slightly "gray-er" area when its a business that you're legitimately price-matching due to a glitched price vs. you creating a fake listing to do so as you technically can claim "ignorance" that its not a real price.

Aw man, where do I sign up to find out about glitches like that?! I would have totally price matched for a $60 Wii U. I wouldn't go as far as creating fake listing though.

Googlie
11-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Better do it quick before they forbid people doing that. Can get the game for 20% cheaper from Best Buy with GCU

And I just looked up the Best Buy GCU and WOW. That is an awesome deal. I figure I need to buy what like 10 games at full price to break even, and I think I crush that with the amount of CE's and LE's I have bought from amazon alone. :thumb:
Does Bestbuy let you preorder online, and pick up instore? I want to start doing midnight releases now that I can afford to with my new job hours.

0329liuken
11-19-2014, 12:07 PM
And I just looked up the Best Buy GCU and WOW. That is an awesome deal. I figure I need to buy what like 10 games at full price to break even, and I think I crush that with the amount of CE's and LE's I have bought from amazon alone. :thumb:

Does Bestbuy let you preorder online, and pick up instore? I want to start doing midnight releases now that I can afford to with my new job hours.

I think the deal of "buy a game with price 39.99 or more and get 2 years of GCU for $30" is still live.

You can preorder online and pick up in store for most games.

CollectorFanatic
11-20-2014, 06:51 AM
This is literally...the biggest piece of shit collectors edition ive ever bought. So dissapointing

Letrico
11-20-2014, 11:38 AM
This is literally...the biggest piece of shit collectors edition ive ever bought. So dissapointing

I actually quite like it. Have some nice weight to it. The game already cost $100 and I am just paying goodies for another $100.

If I were to price break down it:

$40 for the box itself
$40 for the replicas
$2 Feather
$2 Ink Bottle
$?? Steelbook (priceless)
$20 Tarot
$2 Lockpick
$10 Notebook
$10 Map

Quite worth it actually.

Matt16
11-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Mine hasn't arrived yet :( hopefully today.

Quite apprehensive about what I've read though, could end up being a dud.

comaamen86
11-20-2014, 02:22 PM
The signs were all there

GameStop UK got exclusive rights to it

Vikingo82
11-22-2014, 12:10 PM
The signs were all there

GameStop UK got exclusive rights to it

But sold out all over UK and EU, don't?

Gamestop Spain has closed, had my preorder, and they cancelled my order...

Even they said preorders were transfered to game ti collect it... :(

Googlie
11-23-2014, 02:47 AM
I just go mine, and all in all it was in good condition. The only problem is a tip on the large "badge" was snapped off. I wish it actually had a way to be pinned to something. I'm going to complain to Gamestop though about their shitty quality control practices, see if I get a partial refund, or a condolence giftcard of some kind. I'd hate to fully return it, without getting an exchange.

Googlie
11-23-2014, 02:49 AM
I think the deal of "buy a game with price 39.99 or more and get 2 years of GCU for $30" is still live.

You can preorder online and pick up in store for most games.

Also thanks for the info! I'm taking advantage of this tomorrow.