PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Halo 5: Guardians Collector's Editions

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Full Game Name: Halo 5
Edition Name: Standard/Limited/Limited Collector's Edition
Platform(s): Xbox1
Region(s):
Publisher:
Release Date:
Price (RRP): see below
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s): polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/29/7460217/you-can-spend-250-for-halo-5-guardians-today-but-you-wont-know) gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/250-halo-5-collector-s-edition-revealed/1100-6424414/) windowscentral.com (http://www.windowscentral.com/halo-5-guardians-pre-orders-begin-including-24999-limited-collectors-edition)
Other Info/Pics:

Standard Edition ($60) -- Halo 5: Guardians plus an exclusive poster, only available to those who pre-order.

Limited Edition ($100) -- Everything in the Standard Edition plus new digital content to enhance Spartan combat and exclusive items wrapped in a uniquely designed steel book.

Limited Collector's Edition ($250) -- Everything in the Limited Edition as well as additional content such as a commemorative numbered statue designed by 343 Industries. More details on the design to be shared at a later date.

Pre-Orders: Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Halo+5+Guardians+Limited+Collector+s+Edition) BestBuy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/halo-5-guardians-limited-edition-xbox-one/2235002.p) Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-Xbox-One/dp/B00RKK15H0)

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Looks like pre-orders are already open (according to one of the sites), so you can pre-order the ridiculously expensive edition even if you've got no clue what's going to be in there! :banghead:

comaamen86
12-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Hmmm will wait I think

Googlie
12-29-2014, 05:34 PM
What sites are offering it? I can only find it on Gamestop.com.

eternix
12-29-2014, 05:38 PM
What sites are offering it? I can only find it on Gamestop.com.

I've only found it on Gamestop as well. I pre-ordered it but if the contents which they will reveal at a later time don't make me jump for joy it will be canceled very quickly. :beach:

Googlie
12-29-2014, 05:41 PM
I've only found it on Gamestop as well. I pre-ordered it but if the contents which they will reveal at a later time don't make me jump for joy it will be canceled very quickly. :beach:

I feel the same way. Thankfully Gamestop doesn't require a down payment online. If I do end up getting it, I hope it comes to best buy so I can use the GCU I got for Xmas on it.

Twisted
12-29-2014, 05:55 PM
will this special editions be marked down 50% to 90% off 6 months after release?

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 05:59 PM
will this special editions be marked down 50% to 90% off 6 months after release?

Most likely

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 06:06 PM
I feel the same way. Thankfully Gamestop doesn't require a down payment online. If I do end up getting it, I hope it comes to best buy so I can use the GCU I got for Xmas on it.

BB has the limited edition up, but nothing yet for the LCE.

Googlie
12-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Most likely
Idk, I mean Halo has a fervent fan base, I honestly don't see this lasting long, but I'm an amateur at this, so we will see.

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Idk, I mean Halo has a fervent fan base, I honestly don't see this lasting long, but I'm an amateur at this, so we will see.

Yeah, but every other CE for Halo has always been mass-produced. You've been able to go into nearly any retailer months after release and pick one up -- usually on clearance. With the Reach CE (arguably one of the nicer ones) it was $20 at BB and GS and they STILL couldn't move them all. I only passed them up because I wasn't in the collecting game at the time and didn't have any room in my house for one myself :( (same thing with the Skyrim CEs)

If its mass produced, simply due to its size they'll be plenty available. If they're a little tighter with their production like Witcher or Batmobile edition is supposed to be, its likely to be sold out very quickly. If I was a better man though I'd be on the former.

eternix
12-29-2014, 08:53 PM
We will just have to see. I hope it is truly a limited numbered CE.

CollectorFanatic
12-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Halo and gears of war CEs are always overstocked. Youre better off waiting and itll be in the bargain bin months down the road. Hell my wallmart still has a few halo reach CEs. Not sure why, but they exist. Itll be like the titanfall CE, which gamestop still has an over abundance of stock left

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Halo and gears of war CEs are always overstocked. Youre better off waiting and itll be in the bargain bin months down the road. Hell my wallmart still has a few halo reach CEs. Not sure why, but they exist. Itll be like the titanfall CE, which gamestop still has an over abundance of stock left

Do you mean they have the Limited Edition or the Legendary Edition? (mine still has a limited or 2 as well)

CollectorFanatic
12-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Just the limited, but still, the legendary edition is still relatively cheap now. Hope the $250 price tag is worth it. The $100 edition just comes with dlc and a steelbook, which is quite rediculous

Letrico
12-29-2014, 10:08 PM
If anyone is interested in how the box looks like. Have a look at Microsoft store.

I_BE_WILL
12-29-2014, 10:39 PM
$329.95 in Australia at EB Games according to their computer.

Letrico
12-29-2014, 10:43 PM
$329.95 in Australia at EB Games according to their computer.

Surprisingly it is not that bad, I was actually expecting Titanfall's price.

Even if you try to buy from gamestop or Amazon, the price turns out to be similar after converted.

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2014, 10:46 PM
If anyone is interested in how the box looks like. Have a look at Microsoft store.

You mean this "art not final" picture?? ;)

http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msintl/images/English/en-INTL-XboxOne-Halo-5-Guardians-LCE-29G-00883/en-INTL-L-XboxOne-Halo-5-Guardians-LCE-29G-00883-mnco.jpg

Letrico
12-29-2014, 10:49 PM
You mean this "art not final" picture?? ;)

http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msintl/images/English/en-INTL-XboxOne-Halo-5-Guardians-LCE-29G-00883/en-INTL-L-XboxOne-Halo-5-Guardians-LCE-29G-00883-mnco.jpg

:P I actually did not see that art not final tag :P

For some reason, it reminds of me Crysis 2 CE. That hexagon design

xhunter
12-30-2014, 04:28 AM
Meh. I'll wait for the Halo 5 special edition Xbox One. I might get the limited edition for the steelbook. I want to see what it looks like first.

Viridius
12-30-2014, 06:38 AM
We're the previous collectors editions labeled as "limited"?

Dreamcazman
12-30-2014, 09:53 AM
$330 is a bit rich for my blood. :swoon:

Think I'll just stick with the LE unless the CLE is ultra limited and the number of copies is announced.

Only then may I be swayed. :think:

KnightOfTruth
12-30-2014, 10:33 PM
To those who cared, its now available on Amazon and BB also has it, GCU works fine -- can get it for $200 (+ 400 RZ points!) ;)

singer07
12-31-2014, 06:26 PM
To those who cared, its now available on Amazon and BB also has it, GCU works fine -- can get it for $200 (+ 400 RZ points!) ;)

i hate that bb charges you upfront. i want to lock it in with my gcu but i dont want to pay for something that doesnt even have a picture of what you are getting.

KnightOfTruth
12-31-2014, 06:30 PM
i hate that bb charges you upfront. i want to lock it in with my gcu but i dont want to pay for something that doesnt even have a picture of what you are getting.

Just walk into a store, give them the SKU#2237037 and put $5 down on it - *BAM* done!

singer07
12-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Just walk into a store, give them the SKU#2237037 and put $5 down on it - *BAM* done!

i guess you dont know the golden rule of bb. never preorder in store.

KnightOfTruth
12-31-2014, 06:41 PM
i guess you dont know the golden rule of bb. never preorder in store.

Never had a problem before -- ever. Every single pre-order I've done in-store has been held in the back with my name on it, no sticker, and in great condition. So no, not familiar with this "golden rule".

comaamen86
12-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Never preorder with out knowing

You may have put 5 down for a goat

KnightOfTruth
12-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Never preorder with out knowing

You may have put 5 down for a goat

Yeah, but if I decide that I am not overly impressed with the quality or value of said goat, I can exchange the $5 for a pack of sour patch kids and a vitamin water and walk out all cheery-like. :2cool:

singer07
01-02-2015, 12:46 AM
all that $5 does it somewhat guarantee that the product will be in the store, but anyone can buy "your" preorder. Last incident i had was with the smash bundle. I preordered 2 and called them before i headed over, they had me on hold for a half hour while they were trying to "find" them. They finally located them in a bin with a bunch of other shit on top of them. When i got there and they gave them to me they were completely crushed on every side. Luckily i know how it works at bb now so i preorder at gamestop to and swap them and then return. Just because you havnt had a problem doesnt mean others are so fortunate. If you google search it, most people are aware of how their preorders work and will always tell you to preorder online for in store pick up, or to be safer just have it ship to your house. I have a problem every time ive done it, and also they will sell your copy to anyone if you dont get there as soon as they open.

Zoklar
01-02-2015, 02:37 AM
I preordered mine in Amazon. If it's a goat, I hope that at least it comes with a master chief helmet on.

KnightOfTruth
01-02-2015, 05:57 AM
all that $5 does it somewhat guarantee that the product will be in the store, but anyone can buy "your" preorder. Last incident i had was with the smash bundle. I preordered 2 and called them before i headed over, they had me on hold for a half hour while they were trying to "find" them. They finally located them in a bin with a bunch of other shit on top of them. When i got there and they gave them to me they were completely crushed on every side. Luckily i know how it works at bb now so i preorder at gamestop to and swap them and then return. Just because you havnt had a problem doesnt mean others are so fortunate. If you google search it, most people are aware of how their preorders work and will always tell you to preorder online for in store pick up, or to be safer just have it ship to your house. I have a problem every time ive done it, and also they will sell your copy to anyone if you dont get there as soon as they open.

Yeah, but that's a YMMV thing - you can also google it or visit threads on other sites that say how bad it is to order from BB online because they don't package things properly or cancel your orders and give you a refund. So its not a blanket rule either way.

I've never had a problem at any of the 3 BBs I frequent with pre-ordering in store. They always place it behind the counter prior to putting them out on the floor. I've even gone in there first thing on launch day without pre-ordering and seen a stack behind the counter and they said "sorry, can't sell these, they are for pre-orders".

I HAVE had some difficulties with cashiers not knowing how to ring up transactions properly, but that's a different story.

But yeah, if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you. I've already got my Amazon PO as backup anyway as well as my BB PO with the $50 savings - i usually do this just in case one or the other store ends up limiting their pre-orders. Either way though, best of luck, and do whatever works for you I guess. :thumb:

0329liuken
01-02-2015, 01:52 PM

BB charges you when you place the order and give you the money back in a few days.

KnightOfTruth
01-02-2015, 01:56 PM
BB charges you when you place the order and give you the money back in a few days.

Yeah, but they always randomly "charge" the money periodically throughout the pre-order period -- since this has no scheduled date yet, its going to be 9 months+ of random hold cycles of $200, let alone whatever other pre-orders you may have with them... no thanks! :nono:

0329liuken
01-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Yeah, but they always randomly "charge" the money periodically throughout the pre-order period -- since this has no scheduled date yet, its going to be 9 months+ of random hold cycles of $200, let alone whatever other pre-orders you may have with them... no thanks! :nono:

Really? It used to be the way you described but recently BB only charges me once when I place the pre order and no more random charges after that. I use my credit card for pre orders, maybe it varies by payment method or credit card company?

singer07
01-03-2015, 01:25 AM
ill probably just try another bb in my area and also preorder at gamestop and do the old swap again if i have to

comaamen86
01-03-2015, 09:56 AM
https://media.mightyape.net.nz/images/products/22998032/Halo-5-Guardians-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-One-17231934-5.jpeg

King Peter
03-31-2015, 11:46 PM
Halo 5 is slated for October 27 for those that didn't know

Letrico
04-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Really want to see how the statue looks like.

web_slinger_62
04-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Really want to see how the statue looks like.

Probably like Master Chief ;)

Letrico
04-01-2015, 03:37 AM
Probably like Master Chief ;)

:P Who am I kidding heh.

Texas Fire
04-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Any word if they're going to release a Halo 5 Xbox One system?

xhunter
04-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Any word if they're going to release a Halo 5 Xbox One system?

I'm 99.99% sure they will. They did one for Call of Duty. Halo and Call of Duty special edition consoles are a staple for Xbox.

ob1ob
06-20-2015, 11:12 AM
I think it is really lame that no disc is included only digital download. I hope they change their mind before this releases

Funnnkyyy
06-20-2015, 12:13 PM
I think it is really lame that no disc is included only digital download. I hope they change their mind before this releases

Likewise!

Dreamcazman
06-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Just noticed that too. LAME! :ghey:

Definitely not buying it now.

TheHeape
06-21-2015, 01:38 PM
It looks like the big reason there is no disc is because it releases a full week earlier, that way you can get it home play with the extras have it all patched and ready to go with the rest of the digital preorders. As a retailer I appreciate this.

ob1ob
06-21-2015, 02:49 PM
I strongly suspect that the majority of collectors who want physical items like the statue, steelbook, etc also want a disc. There was a poll on the Halo Waypoint forum and 80% want a disc. These are the people that this edition is marketed to. This decision is a very bad one imho. I have already signed one petition urging 343 to include the disc. In the long run though, mass preorder cancellations and poor sales of the LCE may be the only way to change their minds.

KnightOfTruth
06-22-2015, 02:50 AM
I strongly suspect that the majority of collectors who want physical items like the statue, steelbook, etc also want a disc. There was a poll on the Halo Waypoint forum and 80% want a disc. These are the people that this edition is marketed to. This decision is a very bad one imho. I have already signed one petition urging 343 to include the disc. In the long run though, mass preorder cancellations and poor sales of the LCE may be the only way to change their minds.

Do you have links to either the poll or the petition? :thumb:

eternix
06-22-2015, 02:57 AM
Yes, I'll sign it if a link is put here.

StayFree( ' 3')
06-22-2015, 03:32 AM
ditto

0329liuken
06-22-2015, 05:15 AM
I'll buy this CE when Xbox One drops to $200 and the $249 CE drops to $80

ob1ob
06-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Here is a link to the thread discussing the lack of a disc:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/put-disc-in-limited-collectors-edition/0a7de8a6-091f-4d82-af98-075b96e49a2c/posts
There are multiple polls on the forum, and I can't find the one that showed 80% in favor of a disc. It was a closed poll. Here a couple of them that are active:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/are-you-downgrading-from-lce/bb64863d-4769-4bd4-b189-154447357d29/posts
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/digital-or-physical-in-halo-5-lce/d5f5cea6-088e-4ffd-99c2-3b38e63a92e1/posts
The petition I signed. Hopefully more people will sign:
https://www.change.org/p/343-studios-microsoft-physical-copy-of-halo-5-in-the-limited-collectors-edition?tk=hyE3ljKtiaFL7iCceJEmR_vI-_Fhz83jGP104-U6Uoo&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt&utm_campaign=new_signature

ob1ob
06-24-2015, 02:48 AM
Another petition:
http:// https://www.change.org/p/fans-de-halo-que-343-ponga-en-halo-5-guardians-edici%C3%B3n-limitada-de-coleccionistas-con-el-juego-en-f%C3%ADsico-disco-de-la-versi%C3%B3n-limitada-no-la-versi%C3%B3n-digital-descargable-that-343-puts-on-halo-5-limited-edition-for-collectors-with-the-cd-on-physical?recruiter=22060150&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default (https://www.change.org/p/fans-de-halo-que-343-ponga-en-halo-5-guardians-edici%C3%B3n-limitada-de-coleccionistas-con-el-juego-en-f%C3%ADsico-disco-de-la-versi%C3%B3n-limitada-no-la-versi%C3%B3n-digital-descargable-that-343-puts-on-halo-5-limited-edition-for-collectors-with-the-cd-on-physical?recruiter=22060150&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default)

utta
07-17-2015, 10:59 PM
From Halo Waypoint update:

But before we get started, I’d like to touch on a few items, the first of which is the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition. When we last left off, we let you know that we had heard the feedback that some of you prefer a physical disc instead of a digital copy, and that we were exploring options. Today, we’re able to confirm that for those who would like a physical disc, we’ll provide an option for fans to exchange their digital copy for a physical copy at no additional cost. We’ll get into details as we get closer to launch, and we’d like to once again thank you for the feedback.

I sure hope the disc art is the same as the limited edition. Would really make people upset to send them the normal disc.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-7-17-15#ftag=YHF6738a5f

Funnnkyyy
07-18-2015, 01:33 PM

I sure hope the disc art is the same as the limited edition. Would really make people upset to send them the normal disc.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-7-17-15#ftag=YHF6738a5f

The masses have spoken! :taunt: physical disc here we come! :bunny:

ob1ob
07-18-2015, 05:40 PM

I agree. After all of the complaining, hopefully they are smart enough to give the same disc as the Limited Edition. I'm not too crazy about how they keep saying that "some" people prefer the disc when all indications point to most people want a disc in the LCE. I also read an interview with Frank O'Connor where he said that the future is moving towards digital downloads. I think Microsoft is hell bent on turning the Xbox into a Steam machine.

King Peter
07-18-2015, 11:31 PM
The people have spoken :P

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/18/halo-5-guardians-collectors-edition-digital-codes-can-be-traded-for-physical-copies?%20hub%20page%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=5

Anjelaoni
07-22-2015, 10:27 AM
Nevermind :)

Vlad
08-04-2015, 12:59 PM
So, eh, has anyone seen this from Game?

The Pink Mist Edition... (http://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-5-guardians-limited-collectors-pink-mist-edition-only-at-game-co-uk-735227?pageSize=40&catGroupId=&categoryIdentifier=876459&pageNumber=3&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC)

It contains the £200 LCE but in addition to that, a replica Needler.
All for the only slightly increased price of... £450!

Funnnkyyy
08-04-2015, 01:17 PM

The Pink Mist Edition... (http://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-5-guardians-limited-collectors-pink-mist-edition-only-at-game-co-uk-735227?pageSize=40&catGroupId=&categoryIdentifier=876459&pageNumber=3&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC)

:poke::nosleep::nosleep::nosleep::poke:

KnightOfTruth
08-04-2015, 01:30 PM

:drool: :swoon:

Codreanu
08-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Please tell me this is not a Game.co.uk exclusive bundle...

vhal_x
08-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Yes it is x

KnightOfTruth
08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Thought for sure this place would be littered with people posting about the newly announced Halo5 Console, controllers, etc. Where's all the xbox love?

Codreanu
08-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Yes it is xI see.. Good thing the Needler will be available separately. I'm going to combine the CE and the Needler to my own Pink Mist Edition. :)

Do Game.co.uk also have exclusive packaging for their special editions?

King Peter
08-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Halo 5 Console preorder up on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0136JP9OS/15-24-20/?&tag=igndeals14-20

and the Halo Replica Needle gun available for preorder on EB Games website for 300$

Ce-Maniac
08-04-2015, 07:35 PM
I see.. Good thing the Needler will be available separately. I'm going to combine the CE and the Needler to my own Pink Mist Edition. :)

Do Game.co.uk also have exclusive packaging for their special editions?

They sell the needler seperatly? Please share the link. I have to burn my wage :cpatch:
Thanks a lot.

Codreanu
08-04-2015, 07:39 PM
http://www.hlj.com/product/NEC52153/Fig
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-012897

Ce-Maniac
08-04-2015, 10:30 PM
http://www.hlj.com/product/NEC52153/Fig
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-012897

Thanks for posting :)

I_BE_WILL
08-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Halo 5 Xbone comes with a steelbook..... :facepalm:

What are they expecting people to do with it?

higard
08-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Pretend it has a disc in it. Haha.

Nachtfalke
08-05-2015, 05:04 PM

Oh gimme a break. :nosleep:

higard
08-06-2015, 06:56 AM
My wallet needs a break. I chose this over the console. It just seems like this is so unique.

Dreamcazman
08-06-2015, 07:36 AM
More plastic crap!

The regular LE will do me.

Gemini-Phoenix
08-06-2015, 06:52 PM
As if we needed yet another edition for Halo 5! I really would like to know what kind of collectors the publishers and retailers think they are marketing such editions to! £130 is long established as OTT, £180 is considered greedy, but £450 is absolutely absurd! At what point do the publishers / retailers think collectors have that kind of ccash to spend on such an edition? Really does make you wonder...

Codreanu
08-06-2015, 06:55 PM
That needler is a monster in size!
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/1517372_1605380929713704_98475509_n.jpg
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/e15/10547245_403070319882685_962548791_n.jpg

higard
08-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Yup. This is why its preordered. (Y)

Dreamcazman
08-07-2015, 07:47 AM
http://www.ckpcomputers.com.au/pictures/fool.jpg

:P

Ce-Maniac
08-07-2015, 12:49 PM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/1517372_1605380929713704_98475509_n.jpg
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/e15/10547245_403070319882685_962548791_n.jpg

Is this the kind of model you get, when you preorder it at games.co.uk?
Stunning...... O_O
Need to sit down and think about my financial situation. :think:

comaamen86
08-07-2015, 03:14 PM

So big waste of money in two ways then

Codreanu
08-07-2015, 06:17 PM
So big waste of money in two ways thenI prefer my 1:1 replicas to be in authentic size.