PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Borderlands pre sequel Handsome collection

Resseh
01-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Full Game Name:
Edition Name: borderlands handsome collection
Platform(s): ps4 and xbone
Region(s):
Publisher:
Release Date:
Price (RRP): $400 :(
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description: remote control claptrap :O
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s): http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/20/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-hits-ps4-on-march-24th/
Other Info/Pics:

KnightOfTruth
01-20-2015, 01:17 PM
:drool: OMG! That's awesome! Price is $399 though... that'd be a nicer to get with GCU if Best Buy gets it! Still though, $320 is a lot of money. Though I'd like to see the 12 Lithographs it says it comes with... why no Xbox 1 love though :(

0329liuken
01-20-2015, 01:19 PM
:drool: OMG! That's awesome! Price is $399 though... that'd be a nicer to get with GCU if Best Buy gets it! Still though, $320 is a lot of money. Though I'd like to see the 12 Lithographs it says it comes with... why no Xbox 1 love though :(

The game is also coming to Xbox One, but not sure if the CE would

Resseh
01-20-2015, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0m_vIFi9zk

Anjelaoni
01-20-2015, 01:41 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--LD3jcpg8--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/gzmrzp6xmty4q5anbmnz.png

Resseh
01-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Preorders start today!! It's going to be at game for UK I'm guessing? :(

Anjelaoni
01-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Post the links if you found some preordersites please. :)

KnightOfTruth
01-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Is that a steelbook too? Limited to only 5,000 and costs $399 -- that's one expensive Steelbook :)

Anjelaoni
01-20-2015, 02:17 PM
A Steelbook and apparently a Steelbox, [...] a collectible steel case [...].

Matrix6
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Have they mentioned why Borderlands is not include though??
This'll prolly be an EB exclusive down under....for $500?? :suicide:

xhunter
01-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Now I have no problem saying collector's edition prices are already becoming absurd this generation. $250 for something like Titanfall was about as far as I would go for a CE. $400... No, not for some remote controlled robot that probably breaks after 5 minutes of use.

twistedsymphony
01-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Have they mentioned why Borderlands is not include though??

BL2 and BLTPS both run on the same game engine, so by re-writing that engine for the new consoles they were able to port both games at once. BL1 uses a different engine so it would have doubled the development effort for just the 1 extra game.

Now I have no problem saying collector's edition prices are already becoming absurd this generation. $250 for something like Titanfall was about as far as I would go for a CE. $400... No, not for some remote controlled robot that probably breaks after 5 minutes of use.

the key here is that it's limited to 5000 units... plus, have you seen the claptrap!?

m0m_vIFi9zk

Anyone know where I can pre-order in the US?

xhunter
01-20-2015, 02:50 PM
BL2 and BLTPS both run on the same game engine, so by re-writing that engine for the new consoles they were able to port both games at once. BL1 uses a different engine so it would have doubled the development effort for just the 1 extra game.

the key here is that it's limited to 5000 units... plus, have you seen the claptrap!?

m0m_vIFi9zk

Still not worth it, in my opinion. And I know that the Claptrap will just sit in the box and never be used lol.

Resseh
01-20-2015, 02:53 PM
I think it's worth it as borderlands 2 is my favourite game from the 360: I even rebought it for PS3 and platinumed it and kept playing.

But I wouldn't spend £300 on a collectors edition for a game that didn't interest me

CollectorFanatic
01-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Yea $400....$450 eith tax is quite rediculous. The claptrap looks amazing tho, dont get me wrong, but i dont see that price point. MAYBE $200. Anyways, that steelbook looks awesome

Matrix6
01-20-2015, 03:07 PM

A lot of people are stumped as to 'why?' at the moment. If that's the case, then I guess that would make sense. Looks pretty good in HD, and for those seeking a local 4 player game...here it is!

twistedsymphony
01-20-2015, 03:37 PM
A lot of people are stumped as to 'why?' at the moment. If that's the case, then I guess that would make sense. Looks pretty good in HD, and for those seeking a local 4 player game...here it is!

well, I know for a fact that BL2 and BLTPS run on the same engine, and that it's a different engine from BL1... as for that being the actual reason BL1 wasn't included is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to me.... it would be nice to have the whole collection together though.

Alaniata
01-20-2015, 06:59 PM
Any news on WHO Will sell this in EU? Anywhere there ship to Denmark?

Matt16
01-20-2015, 07:07 PM
That does sound pretty good, will probably be about 300gbp in England though :(

Hopefully it comes to game, at least then I can use my points.

Texas Fire
01-20-2015, 07:16 PM

Yes, does anyone know where to preorder this in the U.S.?
Anyone know if GameStop will get these?

TF

Twisted
01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
weren't we told before there was a strict limited edition of that SAINTS ROW 4 game?..it was a giant box as well,..and they said it was just 5000 units before?..everyone remember that one?...especially the "5000" part?

Matt16
01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
weren't we told before there was a strict limited edition of that SAINTS ROW 4 game?..it was a giant box as well,..and they said it was just 5000 units before?..everyone remember that one?...especially the "5000" part?

Yeah, the game of the generation edition? Ended up being about 6 million of those!

Resseh
01-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah, the game of the generation edition? Ended up being about 6 million of those!

My batteries exploded in mine and I had to chuck the cabinet away :/

0329liuken
01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SCNXDJW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

up for pre-order from amazon, it shows as not available but you can click on the "1 new" and order it

KnightOfTruth
01-20-2015, 07:52 PM
It's up. Go go go :)

Resseh
01-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Now it says unavailable :O

Edit.nvm working now

Googlie
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Goddamit God knows that prices angers the hell outta me, But I do love me some Borderlands. I hope Bestbuy gets this so I can at least save 20%

Resseh
01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
No sign of UK yet?

twistedsymphony
01-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Goddamit God knows that prices angers the hell outta me, But I do love me some Borderlands. I hope Bestbuy gets this so I can at least save 20%

Not likely, I was talking to "someone" in the industry and they told me that most publishers are pissed at Walmart and Best Buy for repeatedly breaking street dates, over pre-ordering on limited editions and leaking info about unannounced games. The reason no pre-orders listings were up in any stores for this edition was because 2K didn't even tell any of the stores who was getting what until AFTER the announcement. Chances are it's only going to go to stores who are good at precisely managing pre-order numbers and have behaved well in the past.

0329liuken
01-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Not likely, I was talking to "someone" in the industry and they told me that most publishers are pissed at Walmart and Best Buy for repeatedly breaking street dates, over pre-ordering on limited editions and leaking info about unannounced games. The reason no pre-orders listings were up in any stores for this edition was because 2K didn't even tell any of the stores who was getting what until AFTER the announcement. Chances are it's only going to go to stores who are good at precisely managing pre-order numbers and have behaved well in the past.

I loved it when my local Best Buy asked me to pick up my pre-orders one day before launch day lol

CollectorFanatic
01-21-2015, 04:51 AM
Lol sold out already. 90% of the people who bought this are scalpers. Theres already 40 of them on ebay. I hope they lose hard on this one....because honestly, its not worth the asking price

Alaniata
01-21-2015, 05:25 AM
It's bullshit if the US gets to book all 5000 of these before we Europeans even get the offer... why the hell shouldn't we be able to spend our money? It's gonna be way more expensive in alot of countries here too, more money to earn, right? (I know that's not how it works)

enesis
01-21-2015, 06:40 AM
again... soldout like a flash , although it's cost $400 !!! ( maybe more with tax ) and no chance for overseas buyer to place order -_-

Alaniata
01-21-2015, 07:31 AM
again... soldout like a flash , although it's cost $400 !!! ( maybe more with tax ) and no chance for overseas buyer to place order -_-

Our only hope is that the NA buyers can buy what's reserved for NA, and us Euros can buy what's reserved for Europe.

Lazarusxx
01-23-2015, 07:05 AM
Eb Games Canada is sold out both online and in store. Glad I got mine, just not sure if I'm going to keep it my pre-order because of the cost.

Resseh
01-23-2015, 07:49 AM
I've changed my mind on it now. I have a parrot sumo drone already. I think I'd rather put the money towards something useful :P

twistedsymphony
01-26-2015, 08:40 PM
It's bullshit if the US gets to book all 5000 of these before we Europeans even get the offer... why the hell shouldn't we be able to spend our money? It's gonna be way more expensive in alot of countries here too, more money to earn, right? (I know that's not how it works)

The US didn't get all 5000, it went up for sale in both Canada and Australia as well, it's possible the pre-orders haven't started in Europe yet.

So far in the US, Canada and Australia: EB/Gamestop, Amazon, and the official 2K store are the only retailers who have carried it, so I would keep watch on your local versions of those stores.

KnightOfTruth
01-26-2015, 09:19 PM
BestBuy also put theirs up earlier today. Had one in my cart for about 40 minutes cuz I couldn't decide if I wanted to save the $100 w/GCU + Certs and have to have them billing my card or spend more money down the road with Amazon. Looks like they've sold out entirely though (both consoles), so that was quick.

Alaniata
01-26-2015, 11:34 PM
The US didn't get all 5000, it went up for sale in both Canada and Australia as well, it's possible the pre-orders haven't started in Europe yet.

So far in the US, Canada and Australia: EB/Gamestop, Amazon, and the official 2K store are the only retailers who have carried it, so I would keep watch on your local versions of those stores.

Yeah, I know, that's what I'm hoping for too... I just wanna get on the hype train and be a whining fanboy for once :)...

2K don't have a European shop, Amazon doesn't exits here so Gamestop is my only hope... And they have been letting me Down recently...

CheapAssassin
01-27-2015, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I know, that's what I'm hoping for too... I just wanna get on the hype train and be a whining fanboy for once :)...

2K don't have a European shop, Amazon doesn't exits here so Gamestop is my only hope... And they have been letting me Down recently...

Personally I think not jumping onto the hype train is a good thing.

Im pretty sure that scalpers are hoarding all the orders, and once they can't sell them, this edition will flood back to the market, and at a cheaper price.

Texas Fire
01-27-2015, 03:26 AM

Yeah that whole Destiny Ghost edition fiasco was ridiculous...

TF

Alaniata
01-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Personally I think not jumping onto the hype train is a good thing.

Im pretty sure that scalpers are hoarding all the orders, and once they can't sell them, this edition will flood back to the market, and at a cheaper price.

Let's hope you're right, cause if it never gets a EU release the price will have to drop heftyly (is that a word?) before I buy it, no sense in buying a game I can't play...

twistedsymphony
01-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Let's hope you're right, cause if it never gets a EU release the price will have to drop heftyly (is that a word?) before I buy it, no sense in buying a game I can't play...

XB1 and PS4 games are all region free... so you'll be able to play it no matter where the disk is from.

Alaniata
01-28-2015, 10:29 PM
XB1 and PS4 games are all region free... so you'll be able to play it no matter where the disk is from.

But the dlc isn't... And i don't Care for the trick with making a US account for it, that's not how tings are suppossed to work..

Letrico
01-28-2015, 11:39 PM
But the dlc isn't... And i don't Care for the trick with making a US account for it, that's not how tings are suppossed to work..

But that is how things are supposed to work since the launch of Xbox 360 and PS3 for digital content. You could not even play the game last time if the game and system's region does not match.

Would you prefer to have different consoles for different region OR a quick swap account to download the DLC once and it will be playable forever.

Alaniata
01-28-2015, 11:56 PM
But that is how things are supposed to work since the launch of Xbox 360 and PS3 for digital content. You could not even play the game last time if the game and system's region does not match.

Would you prefer to have different consoles for different region OR a quick swap account to download the DLC once and it will be playable forever.

I would prefere the gamesbeing released worldwide instead, so we all access to the same things...

Letrico
01-29-2015, 12:03 AM
I would prefere the gamesbeing released worldwide instead, so we all access to the same things...

Don't we all want the same thing... but they will not do it because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They have said it before, regional stuff is to control the pricing. Unless the whole world pay the same price for the same thing, it will not happen.

Alaniata
01-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Don't we all want the same thing... but they will not do it because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They have said it before, regional stuff is to control the pricing. Unless the whole world pay the same price for the same thing, it will not happen.

I would be more than happy to pay the same price :D ... compared to the US the danish prices are insane (I know our economy is alot different! :) )

Dreamcazman
01-30-2015, 12:14 AM

Actually, to correct you there, the 360 had region locking on some of the disc based games, but XBLA & DLC for games were for the most part completely region free. Many times I redeemed US codes using my AUS profile.

I can't comment on 'Games on Demand' versions, never bought any of those.

PS3 disc games have always been region free, digital codes aren't, like it still is nowadays.

DESOUL
02-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Actually, to correct you there, the 360 had region locking on some of the disc based games, but XBLA & DLC for games were for the most part completely region free. Many times I redeemed US codes using my AUS profile.

I can't comment on 'Games on Demand' versions, never bought any of those.

PS3 disc games have always been region free, digital codes aren't, like it still is nowadays.

PS3's game saves were region locked, 360's weren't (for the games that were region free)

Pielord
02-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Game has it in stock for the UK

XB1: http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-special-edition-only-at-game-co-uk-370760?catGroupId=

PS4: http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-special-edition-only-at-game-co-uk-370765?catGroupId=

Resseh
02-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Going to resist. I'd rather put the money towards a new TV or something

Dreamcazman
02-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Going to resist. I'd rather put the money towards a new TV or something
Buy one and then resell it on Ebay :D

Resseh
02-11-2015, 01:04 PM
I don't know if it's worth the effort after ebay fees.
I sold an elder scrolls online box set. I checked it before I sent it off - all in good condition and packaged well. Then the buyer says it arrived broken. I had no way of knowing if he broke his own statue and bought mine to replace it or whatever. As ebay generally rules In favour of the buyer, I just refunded him money for the statue and took a hit on the cost. That was annoying.

If someone did that on a £280 item I would be mortified. It's what is putting me off selling my MacBook.

(Although the postal insurance did pay out so not all bad)

Alaniata
02-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Game has it in stock for the UK

XB1: http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-special-edition-only-at-game-co-uk-370760?catGroupId=

PS4: http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-special-edition-only-at-game-co-uk-370765?catGroupId=

Thank you!!! yay, now I get a claptrap + a game + a box that I KNOW will be in english...

Stevo
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
sold out at Game

web_slinger_62
03-05-2015, 03:05 AM
Available at ebgames.ca

TheHeape
09-06-2015, 06:16 AM
At the GameStop managers conference Randy Pitchford revealed there will be a Gentlemans Clap Trap version of this released exclusively at GameStop. I can find no mention of it anywhere but if you look up the app it now asks you which one you have.

Alaniata
09-07-2015, 08:20 AM
At the GameStop managers conference Randy Pitchford revealed there will be a Gentlemans Clap Trap version of this released exclusively at GameStop. I can find no mention of it anywhere but if you look up the app it now asks you which one you have.
Great, that is just gonna be impossible to get -.-

vhal_x
09-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Are you sure? I mean they had to reduce price to shift stock of the last one and it's still not sold put everywhere. So unless this one is substantially cheaper from the get - go, what makes them think it's gonna be any different? x

comaamen86
09-07-2015, 10:55 AM
I think there is confusion here gamestop got an exclusive gentleman claptrap funko

vhal_x
09-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Yeah that makes way more sense (although I thought that Funko was already out? Or is that just in the UK?) x

TheHeape
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Yeah I knew I should have snapped a pic. Everthing else that was shown off at the conference was posted to official blogs immediately so I thought this would too. Like the Elite Xbox One bundle, Hyrule edition N3DSXL Uncharted collectors etc. I thought one of the other 7000 managers would have got it and tweeted about it but I am having no luck finding it. The fact that the app when loaded up asks which clap trap you have is pretty telling though. I'll tweet Gearbox, and Randy.

Update: I found a pic sent to the stores on their live update feed I'll post it when I get home.

TheHeape
09-08-2015, 03:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sxYFW7f.jpg

Resseh
09-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Damn.i was hoping it would just be the claptrap

ob1ob
09-09-2015, 05:19 PM
I assume it will be priced the same as the first one. This does look nice, but I'm not sure it it's $400 nice. Do you owners of the original claptrap in a box feel that set was worth the price?

Resseh
09-09-2015, 06:38 PM
It was - but I love borderlands. I liked having lithographs and a statue of claptrap for £200 would have been awesome but to have it controlled by my pone - bells yeah!

But if it was a random robot for a game I couldn't care less for - nope!

g6t9ed
09-09-2015, 07:17 PM
I assume it will be priced the same as the first one. This does look nice, but I'm not sure it it's $400 nice. Do you owners of the original claptrap in a box feel that set was worth the price?

I bought the original Claptrap and to be honest, I bought it with these in mind:
IP (Handsome Jack collection, more of an I was going to get it anyways but glad they included it as some collections have left the game out)
Limited availability
Remote control with working lights and voice
Original claptrap design (meaning Gearbox did not create something like the Gentleman's Claptrap first)
Added bonus items i.e. steelbook and art cards
And being a big Borderlands fan.

With that being said, I even thought $400 dollars is pushing it. I would compare it to something like Black Ops and Black Ops 2 as both of those had RC vehicles, albeit not from a phone app, but still cool nonetheless. Black Ops 2, in my opinion, had better packaging with the Care Package boxing and that was only $250 if my memory serves me correct. With everything being compared, if they were going to release the Gentleman's Claptrap, I think it should've been sold separately like they did with the loot chests.

My problem, as a collector, is this really diminishes the exclusivity of the CE as a whole being 5,000 if all they are going to change is the claptrap. I don't know what others think but the biggest complaints I have heard was either the arms of the claptrap and the price.

ob1ob
09-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks so much for your opinions. I will still have to think about whether I want to spend that much on this CE once it's available. I understand as a collector this may diminish the value of the first, but I think the original may still be more desirable than this gentleman variant.

Raven
11-11-2015, 08:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTiRaPuXIAA-kMU.jpg:large

Now officially announced for the UK by 2K at £269.99 on November 27th, 2015 exclusively at GameStop.

CheapAssassin
11-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Is there GameStop in UK??

Matrix6
11-12-2015, 02:19 AM
It's $479.95 here in Oz. Over priced.

King Peter
05-30-2016, 01:33 AM
Looks like a few Eb Games store in my area are selling the PS4 and XBox1 version for it for 400$ Cad

Looks like the 5000 sold example were bogus after all :P

CollectorFanatic
05-30-2016, 01:37 AM
Check out my tag for my youtube page...i did an unboxing of the gentleman claptrap. I only payed $250 for it tho. Worth it for the price...not $400 tho

Venger
05-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Looks like a few Eb Games store in my area are selling the PS4 and XBox1 version for it for 400$ Cad

Looks like the 5000 sold example were bogus after all :P

You sure it is the original black/yellow boxed Handsome Collection? They have held their value as far as I can tell. The Gentlemen Claptrap 2nd release on the other hand, not so much.

King Peter
05-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Yep, the original white box with Handsome Jack on it (yellow Claptrap)

The Gentleman claptrap (black box) took some time to sold out, they made more production than the Yellow Claptrap that's for sure

I wonder how they manage to get them in stock after being sold out long ago