PDA

View Full Version : Collecting the kinda oddities

skippy
03-08-2015, 04:40 PM
So I imagine I'm not gonna be the first person posting this, or something like this, on here but I figure from what I'm already reading this place might be my new home. But to stay on topic I'm looking for collector edition controllers for the Xbox 360.

More or less I honestly only care about the shell of the controller, if it works or doesn't work isn't a major issue since I live near a GameStop and will gladly pay $30 for a used controller to reshell and them defect trade the broken one.

In particular if anyone has any of the halo controllers those are my biggest search, I already have a Reach controller but would like a better one because the kid I bought it off of took shit care of it and there's a crack on the bottom.

I'd prefer to stick with trading if at all possible, but I am willing to purchase if the price is right and the shell isn't in horrible condition. I have a wide range of collectibles that if the deal is good I could part with, but like everyone on here some of it is close to my heart and I'd hate to see it go for horribly below value.

skippy
03-08-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm also looking for the Essential discs for Halo 3 Legendary edition, and the Halo Reach Legendary edition. Meant to add them into the OP but I felt just commenting them into place would be better then making a whole new thread. As more things come along I'll probably post them in for what I'm looking for.

xhunter
03-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Welcome to the world of Xbox 360 controller collecting. Just a heads up, the more rare controllers will sell for more than $30 even in terrible shape.

Have you tried checking eBay for the controllers you are missing? I am currently missing that Radioactive/Gamestop exclusive controller and it is a pain to find.

This one looks in decent shape on the front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371274679513

skippy
03-10-2015, 04:55 AM
Let me ask my friend I might actually be able to help you out. I like to stay away from eBay because im not home to pick up my packages and I don't like to keep them sitting outside my house or in my mailbox for a few hours till I actually get home

xhunter
03-10-2015, 04:59 AM
Let me ask my friend I might actually be able to help you out. I like to stay awake from eBay because im not home to pick up my packages and I don't like to keep them sitting outside my house or in my mailbox for a few hours till I actually get home

If it is via USPS, you can always have them hold it at the post office until you can pick it up.

I'll keep an eye out for some of the harder to find Halo controllers on eBay at a decent price for you.

skippy
03-10-2015, 05:01 AM
Much appreciated; if I can find that controller I'll definitely pick it up for you. A lot of the rare controllers come into my local gamestops, we just got our hands on the Walmart black and white one a few weeks ago. We didn't realize what it was till it was sold to a guy though