PDA

View Full Version : No More Futureshop Steelbooks. Ever.

Lazarusxx
03-28-2015, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so if not, please feel free to move this thread.

So today all Futureshop Canada stores have been closed without prior warning. Futureshop will be consolidating with Best Buy, however this most likely means there will no longer be Futureshop exclusive steelbooks, and since Best Buy never did exclusive steel books, it looks like they will be a thing of the past.

GameTrigger
03-28-2015, 08:52 PM
R.I.P :(

Seesternmann
03-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Wow, that is what I call bad news :(

Futureshop had soooo many awesome (exclusive) steels. It's a shame that they closed without any warning.

Not a good year for my collection. First the announcement of stopping Club Nintendo and now Futureshop is closing their doors. -.-

And I'm still missing SO many Futureshop steelbooks ...

Lazarusxx
03-29-2015, 12:51 AM
Wow, that is what I call bad news :(

Futureshop had soooo many awesome (exclusive) steels. It's a shame that they closed without any warning.

Not a good year for my collection. First the announcement of stopping Club Nintendo and now Futureshop is closing their doors. -.-

And I'm still missing SO many Futureshop steelbooks ...

Indeed a sad day for us steelbook collectors, however their website may still prove useful. If they release the newest steels (like the Witcher 3 variant) send me the direct link and I can order them or do a group buy or something for anyone who's interested.

King Peter
03-29-2015, 01:32 AM
Their website has merged with Best Buy so FS is gone for good (steelbook included)

I'm not sure if they will still have the FS stock when they reopen next week

Dreamcazman
03-29-2015, 02:59 AM
Well that sucks well and truly. :(

Hope there'll be some sort of alternative.

Twisted
03-29-2015, 05:22 AM
this really sucks, no else ever puts any effort into offering us Nintendo branded steelbooks, plus Best Buy is way more stingy then Futureshop was when it came to steelbook offerings....even though the companies are one in the same,...i guess futureshop steelbook prices will rise on the aftermarket, but this is a huge blow, to video game steelbooks, and how the hell can they just "suddenly close" without any warning..that is bizzarre.

aselwyn1
03-30-2015, 02:04 AM
hey

futureshop has been owned by bestbuy here in canada for many many years and i was in my local futureshop on friday in the stores final hours and saw many steels in the store from hardline and extras from other games so with the consolidation i hope with in the next few days they will pop up in the bestbuy right next door.

i also have many steels stocked up from futureshop on my exporting thread i will post a list sometime this week
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16151

aselwyn1
03-30-2015, 02:28 AM
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

http://i.imgur.com/pBAqpbN.png