PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Infinite Skyhook Prototype

BioCollector
06-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Reselling my BioShock Infinite Skyhook Prototype on eBay. Take a look!

Updated link per 6/14

[url]http://m.ebay.com/itm/151713444661?nav=SEARCH/url]

I'm pretty sure it's one-of-a-kind and is the ultimate BioShock collectible.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/YGsAAOSw2s1U18zJ/$_35.JPG

BioCollector
06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Just let me know if you have any questions.

BioCollector
06-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Here's a short clip of the consumer available Skyhook on action:

http://youtu.be/F7ptsXTpfrk

BioCollector
06-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Sorry, slight problems with eBay. Skyhook will be relisted later today.

Matt
06-02-2015, 11:12 AM
You sure you're not doing this just to bump your thread? You could of just edited a previous post.

BioCollector
06-02-2015, 11:22 AM
(New link per 6/14)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151713444661?nav=SEARCH

Also, who bumps at 5am?

MattTweeks
06-03-2015, 09:45 AM
How did you obtain this 'prototype' skyhook? Looks to me like you've just painted a skyhook silver and dubbed it a prototype.

I've viewed the listing and personally my B/S detector is going wild!

Here's the product description: (flags in red)
Note: If you're running a scam like the last guy that tried to buy this, please take it somewhere else. Only interested in legitimate buyers.

Would you kindly bid on what I believe to be a one-of-a-kind BioShock Infinite SkyHook Prototype created by NECA.

Let's just say I know a guy who knows a guy who visited the floating city of Columbia and brought back a souvenir.

It is fully-functioning, and I believe it's the same model that can be seen in action in this video, the only mention of a SkyHook Prototype I've been able to find anywhere online: youtube.com/watch?v=1wxNBwzZG8U

As you all know, the SkyHook was one of the coolest additions to the BioShock series. And although I've seen plenty of the painted, finished versions of this SkyHook go for $100+ online, this is the only known Prototype I've seen anywhere. With the dissolving of Irrational Games, this may be the last great piece of gaming memorabilia worth collecting from the BioShock universe.

This life size 1:1 prop replica is exactly how the Sky-Hook would look in the real world. The Sky-Hook measures over 22" in length and is nearly 11" tall, it features motorized action that causes the gears and 3 hooks to spin when the trigger is squeezed.

Don't miss your chance to own it.

Because of the size and fragility of the piece, it will be a flat $50 shipping fee which will include insurance on the piece.

The top note is a blatant diversion tactic, scammers always claim to be scammed. And your listing has no legitimacy, you 'believe' its a prototype?!
A simple Google search can see its not a 'known' prototype, there's no mention of it anywhere.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/uDUAAOSwrklVa5L6/$_1.JPG

Can we get a moderators attention on this thread?
Sorry for my disbelief, but I see no grounds of proof in this.

BioCollector
06-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Wow, way to be kind of rude. Sorry for trying to make the listing a little interesting.

The fact is, a friend of mine worked directly with the manufacturers at NECA as they were developing this product. They sent over one or two prototypes for testing, playing and general evaluation. However, the other one was destroyed and this one just happened to be given to me. There's no paperwork as usually they're all destroyed, but I got lucky. As for spraypaint, if you look closely at the photos, you'll see this is the unpainted base plastic grey that rolls off the assembly line. I don't even think using paint thinner could scrape off enough layers to get back to that pristine look.

And before anyone asks, no, I can't get you any more ridiculously cool prototypes. He quit that job years ago.

As for the scamming, I sold this in February to what I thought was a legit buyer. He never picked up the item from fedex. It got sent back to me. He didn't reply to my emails, waited two months, then initiated chargeback, and I got screwed. I'm guessing this has happened to many sellers, but it was the first time for me, and it sucks.

Long story short - Yes, it's the real thing. Yes, I got scammed. And yes, you have to have a little faith sometimes. Sorry for whatever destroyed yours.

xhunter
06-03-2015, 01:09 PM
There is an easy way to verify the legitimacy of this item. Get @NECA_TOYS involved.

MattTweeks
06-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Apologies if my post comes across as rude. It's certainly blunt though, I admit.

So many people post things as 'rare' on eBay, that I tend to look for some form of proof before considering the legitimacy of an item.

The fact that you don't accept returns too just adds to my disbelief.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, and "Free Bump", but I'll leave the mods to decide.

Happy listing

BioCollector
06-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Try a softer approach next time. And not accepting returns is a common eBay practice. Because if I accept them, it means I dont get shipping fees paid back which adds way up.

BioCollector
06-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Xhunter,
With things like this, there's usually a "destroy" order in place, hence the lack of prototypes that make it to consumers. But if you win my item, you're welcome to go that route.

xhunter
06-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Xhunter,
With things like this, there's usually a "destroy" order in place, hence the lack of prototypes that make it to consumers. But if you win my item, you're welcome to go that route.

I'd verify the authenticity with NECA before bidding. And I can't afford that item with a starting bid of $250, shipping $50, and a reserve in place.

BioCollector
06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Anyway, I'd really like to sell this collector's piece, so if anyone who is actually interested in bidding has a question, feel free to ask. Only 5 days left to bid.

BioCollector
06-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Only 10 hours left to bid!

BioCollector
06-15-2015, 03:18 AM
New auction has begun. Lower opening bid, no reserve.

http://ebay.com/itm/151713444661?nav=SEARCH

BioCollector
06-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Only 3 days left to bid!

BioCollector
06-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Last day to bid!