Release Date: December 2017
Price (RRP): $29 & Up
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description: Varies
Content Description: Varies
Link(s) to source(s): http://shenmue.link/us-en/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3?ref=nav_search
Other Info/Pics:
It's a KickStarter and it just started and is already nearing the half million dollar mark! But were not really surpsised now are we?

http://shenmue.link/assets/img/top/top_hero_logo.png

Gazereths
06-16-2015, 03:53 AM
Nearly half way there already.

Mike1888
06-16-2015, 04:09 AM
There a reason why you can't get a physical ps4 copy?

King Peter
06-16-2015, 04:35 AM
Shenmue III is already at 1 000 000$, that was fast 11:35pm eastern time

+10 000 backers for a 100$ share wow people do have money, that's a surprise :P

game_player_s
06-16-2015, 04:41 AM
I hope they add more physical copy system options for this. PC Version 2 years out is a bit unpredictable. Will likely be made around the Windows 10 OS platform. Would much rather have a physical copy for a dedicated game system, namely either PS Vita or PS3... no really I'd prefer it for the Dreamcast, but that's obviously not going to happen. <sigh>

Oh that $250 KickStarter Collector's addition.... must... have... but not for PC darn it!

Cosmic_Link
06-16-2015, 05:35 AM
Waiting for a physical console option before I commit...

Sand4fish
06-16-2015, 06:13 AM
It's over 1.25 million already! If a 2D game like bloodstained got over 5.5 million, it should be expected Shenmue 3 to surpass that given its rabid fan base. I'm one of them btw =)

Twisted
06-16-2015, 06:14 AM
word on the console physical PS4 version..otherwise i will pass.

Sand4fish
06-16-2015, 06:29 AM
I also don't understand why there's no PS4 physical copy... I guess Yu Suzuki is grabbing at straws here to make the budget work. 2 million is really meager to produce a quality free roaming 3D game.

StayFree( ' 3')
06-16-2015, 08:17 AM
http://bloodovertexas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Im_so_excited_dog_face.jpeg

geralds
06-16-2015, 08:35 AM
This so needs a ps4 physical copy other wise as excited as i am for this game no physical ps4 copy just killed all interest iv had in this game. I hate downloaded games with to all end.

singer07
06-16-2015, 10:59 AM
This so needs a ps4 physical copy other wise as excited as i am for this game no physical ps4 copy just killed all interest iv had in this game. I hate downloaded games with to all end.

i def hear you on that, plus none of the physical stuff is any good.

vhal_x
06-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Shenmue has now surpassed it's $2mil Kickstarter goal, less than 12 hours in! x

King Peter
06-18-2015, 12:39 AM
They even set a world record for it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-shenmue-3-smashes-guinness-world-record-for-fastest-video-game-crowdfunding

Sand4fish
06-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter is on fire!!! It's on the Guinness record and major news like TIME and FORBES. It's now over $3.2 mil and only 2 days have gone by!

Sony is confirmed as "partner", so physical PS4 copies should be coming soon. The reason why they are not available now is apparently because there're heavy license fees involved, but I'd think SONY would waive them eventually.

On the collector's standpoint those signed collector's edition should be worth a small fortune in the future!!! :think:

geralds
06-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter is on fire!!! It's on the Guinness record and major news like TIME and FORBES. It's now over $3.2 mil and only 2 days have gone by!

Sony is confirmed as "partner", so physical PS4 copies should be coming soon. The reason why they are not available now is apparently because there're heavy license fees involved, but I'd think SONY would waive them eventually.

On the collector's standpoint those signed collector's edition should be worth a small fortune in the future!!! :think:

You would be surprised to know some time s a signature does not makes something worth more rather devalues the item granted does depend on the item. I have seen though in some cases people are willing to pay more no no signature vs a signature.

Sand4fish
06-19-2015, 02:11 AM
For games, I've only seen that happen for sealed copies but you might be right. Anyway one the reward tiers include a collector's edition, pristine and unsigned, as well.
Plus now there's a new tier, a replica of Ryo's jacket approved by Yu Suzuki himself! Too bad the price is way too steep for me =(

game_player_s
06-19-2015, 08:13 PM
I concur with geralds on this. Don't care about having my video games autographed, and for $50 less I get a nice pristine collector's box. And looking at the pledges so far, there will be fewer of in existence than autographed boxes.

Current Pledge Total: $3,342,251

Mike1888
06-19-2015, 08:36 PM
It's the illustration that's autographed. Don't think I've seen a piece of art be worth less when signed before.

StayFree( ' 3')
06-19-2015, 09:49 PM
It's the illustration that's autographed. Don't think I've seen a piece of art be worth less when signed before.

This. Then again, I think anything signed by Yu Suzuki would be worth more.

Sand4fish
06-20-2015, 05:05 AM
Isn't anyone excited about the prospect of this game? It's gonna be awesome!

Dreamcazman
06-20-2015, 06:53 AM
Isn't anyone excited about the prospect of this game? It's gonna be awesome!
I think a bit of the excitement has died down. It's been hovering around the $3.3 mark for a while. I'm sure by now anyone that cares enough would've already made a pledge.

However, if they announce a physical PS4 copy (I hope they do), watch it go up again!

Sand4fish
06-20-2015, 11:45 PM
I think a bit of the excitement has died down. It's been hovering around the $3.3 mark for a while. I'm sure by now anyone that cares enough would've already made a pledge.

However, if they announce a physical PS4 copy (I hope they do), watch it go up again!

I learned yesterday that the game needs to reach $10 million to have all the features/elements originally planned being implemented to the game... without the help of any other investors. :beg:

Mike1888
06-21-2015, 12:13 AM
I learned yesterday that the game needs to reach $10 million to have all the features/elements originally planned being implemented to the game... without the help of any other investors. :beg:

I wouldn't read too much into a one line reddit post. Sony has said they're going to be partners "the whole way" and the kickstarter page says that they have other funding sources.

Sand4fish
06-21-2015, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't read too much into a one line reddit post. Sony has said they're going to be partners "the whole way" and the kickstarter page says that they have other funding sources.

The only support confirmed by Sony is on the PR, marketing side, as seen in recent interviews with Kaz Hirai and Boyes. Their "partnertship" has no ground on funding Shenmue's development costs.

Mike1888
06-21-2015, 12:57 AM
The only support confirmed by Sony is on the PR, marketing side, as seen in recent interviews with Kaz Hirai and Boyes. Their "partnertship" has no ground on funding Shenmue's development costs.

Another Sony guy said that they're going to "help them get the game done." I imagine the reason Sony isn't explicitly saying they're funding the game is because they want people to keep donating. Plus if they're providing marketing, they're probably going to want to make sure the game is good. They have shown in the past to invest in very risky projects, I'd be pretty surprised if they held back for a game that is breaking records hype-wise.

Solemn_In_Berlin
06-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Hello, guys. Please spread the word.

http://i.imgur.com/Zgf3BSh.png

Mike1888
06-23-2015, 06:27 PM
They updated their answer on the faq to give hope for physical ps4 copy:
The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter will only be offering the digital download version for the PlayStation Network. If a physical copy was added as a reward, an announcement would be made on the update page.

geralds
06-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Well they are not really sitting at much more after the first 2 days. I got a feeling they could easily get up to 4 to 5 mil if they would just say there is a ps4 physical copy. I am sure I am not the only one refusing to find because there no ps4 physical.

Cosmic_Link
06-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Well they are not really sitting at much more after the first 2 days. I got a feeling they could easily get up to 4 to 5 mil if they would just say there is a ps4 physical copy. I am sure I am not the only one refusing to find because there no ps4 physical.

I am also holdings back on a pledge until the announcement of a physical PS4 release... >.< Even then though, I would only be backing for a copy of the game as the higher tier pledge items don't interest me that much... :S

game_player_s
06-24-2015, 03:22 AM
You guys are not alone, I want to pledge, but I really don't want to commit to a PC version copy of the game. Physical console copy, that I'll back gladly. PC Version, meh.

Funding as of this moment.: $3,591,259

But yeah, I've read the Reddit posted information and it is implied that a physical copy for PS4 isn't even going to be considered unless the ten million mark is met, total BS. Might actually stand a chance of getting to ten million if they'd setup a goal for the physical game copy.

King Peter
06-26-2015, 02:34 PM
New goal to the project:

$5.1 million: Portuguese language option.
$6 million: Battle system expanded; advanced free battle.
$6.5 million: Battle system expanded; ragdoll reaction.
$7 million: Battle system expanded; AI battling.
$7.5 million: Battle system expanded; high ground battle system.
$8 million: Choubu area expanded; mini games x4.
$8.25 million: Choubu area expanded; betting games x4.
$8.5 million: Choubu area expanded; kung-fu mastery.
$9 million: Choubu area expanded; part-time job.
$10 million: Bailu village expanded; mini games x4.
$10.25 million: Bailu village expanded; betting games x4.
$10.5 million: Bailu village expanded; kung-fu mastery.
$11 million: Bailu village expanded; magic maze.

Gazereths
06-26-2015, 03:06 PM
TBH after thinking on it for a while I don;t agree that this should be crowd funded, or at least not entirely. Sony should put the money up for it, or at least match what is raised. They announced it at their press conference FFS.

Cosmic_Link
06-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Still waiting for physical console version... :shrug:

Sand4fish
07-03-2015, 05:40 PM
PS4 PHYSICAL COPIES NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Now there're no excuses... :bananayes:

Cosmic_Link
07-03-2015, 07:50 PM
PS4 PHYSICAL COPIES NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Now there're no excuses... :bananayes:

Yup, no excuses now. Have made my pledge. :thumb:

Just out of curiosity, what pledge's are members here making? I personally have only made the $60 pledge. Not sure whether to pledge more or not... 0.o

Dreamcazman
07-04-2015, 05:38 AM

Just out of curiosity, what pledge's are members here making? I personally have only made the $60 pledge. Not sure whether to pledge more or not... 0.o
It made me really happy to get an email this morning with this awesome news. :bananayes:

I had already made a $300 pledge (on the first day), can't really afford anymore atm. I assume this will also entitle me to a PS4 physical copy?

I really like the new $1500 pledge where you can have your mug in the game, ahh well, they're all gone anyway. :(

Twisted
07-04-2015, 06:32 AM
does physical copy mean it will be available in stores worldwide for PS4?..or does it mean you can ONLY get a physical copy by pledging on there fund page on-line?

Dreamcazman
07-04-2015, 07:03 AM
does physical copy mean it will be available in stores worldwide for PS4?..or does it mean you can ONLY get a physical copy by pledging on there fund page on-line?
It'll be available in stores no doubt. The copy you receive by pledging gives you the special case.

Physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case (PS4).

Twisted
07-05-2015, 05:41 AM
anybody know if the "case" is like a steelbook? or a cardboard slipcover?

Dreamcazman
07-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Who knows, it's too early yet.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/07/shemue-ps4.png

Going by the preliminary picture, looks like a slipcover. A steelbook would be very nice though. :drool:

Cosmic_Link
07-05-2015, 08:59 AM

From the "concept" images they have posted, it looks like it will be a slipcase.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/Cosmic_Link/Misc/0FBBDFF3-9237-4FC3-BC0F-C3A69C9801BD_zpsirullwas.png (http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/Cosmic_Link/media/Misc/0FBBDFF3-9237-4FC3-BC0F-C3A69C9801BD_zpsirullwas.png.html)

However, it says a physical copy of the game for PS4 was the most requested upgrade. Perhaps we could get the ball rolling and try push for a steelbook too...? Lol

Saturn
07-05-2015, 05:44 PM
I freakin' hope it's not anything remotely close to a steelbook cause I hate them. It should be a slipcase by the looks of it.

Dreamcazman
07-06-2015, 12:41 AM
I freakin' hope it's not anything remotely close to a steelbook cause I hate them.
:nosleep:

CheapAssassin
07-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Might not be the appropriate place to post this, but knowing a lot of Shenmue fans frequent this thread rather than the memorabilia thread...

Now go grab IT (https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/1516/shenmue-sega.html) before it is too late. Edition 100. By John Sweeney.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/jonathan_khor1/Misc%20Stuffs/Random%20Crap/Shenmue-Sega_John-Sweeney-full_zps2n25omvi.jpg

Ryaku
07-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Sincerly.... i love shenmue... but i prefer invest into limited kickstarter edition.

This print is not very very beautifull..... :/

CheapAssassin
07-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Sincerly.... i love shenmue... but i prefer invest into limited kickstarter edition.

This print is not very very beautifull..... :/

Art is very subjective, totally understand if one loves it, and the next person don't.

Have you purchased any of the tier from Kickstarter Ryaku?

Btw Ryaku, Im busy today. BUt I will go to PO to check the shipping for you tomorrow ok? :)

Ryaku
07-06-2015, 06:52 PM
not yet, i'll buy 500$ step soon :D

no problem take your time about shipping ;)

i'would like to have limited print with Shenhua and Ryo :D

comaamen86
07-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Can't believe it's not coming to x1
Can believe nintendo aren't getting a sniff, they would only amiibo it

CheapAssassin
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM
not yet, i'll buy 500$ step soon :D

no problem take your time about shipping ;)

i'would like to have limited print with Shenhua and Ryo :D

:beer: Thanks Ryaku!

Limited Print of Shenhua and Ryo sounds good. Well, C&B might sell different prints.

Can't believe it's not coming to x1
Can believe nintendo aren't getting a sniff, they would only amiibo it

comaa, time to switch back to PS4.

Sand4fish
07-06-2015, 07:05 PM

I pledged for the $500 collector's edition tier - I never had an autograph by Yu Suzuki before, and it means quite a bit to me.

PS. The mug shot tier ($1500) is back!!!

comaamen86
07-06-2015, 07:06 PM
:beer: Thanks Ryaku!

Limited Print of Shenhua and Ryo sounds good. Well, C&B might sell different prints.

comaa, time to switch back to PS4.

Never when last f us 2 is out maybe

StayFree( ' 3')
07-06-2015, 09:51 PM
I feel less special now knowing that everyone else here put up $500 for it. I would have thrown $1000 at it if they had more of the "project Berkley" rewards. :(

comaamen86
07-06-2015, 10:00 PM
I feel less special now knowing that everyone else here put up $500 for it. I would have thrown $1000 at it if they had more of the "project Berkley" rewards. :(

Your more special than me, I bid nothing

CheapAssassin
07-06-2015, 10:03 PM

I have an Idea.. sell me your TLOU stuffs and you can throw in more money to make yourself feel special in the eyes of Yu Suzuki. Totally should aim for the tier that allows you to have a dinner with him. Such romance..

StayFree( ' 3')
07-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Your more special than me, I bid nothing

It's okay coma, you're still special in your own unique way...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tK5P90iexWE/VFjPZ-lVrnI/AAAAAAAABbM/kHYt9V5csb0/s1600/minion4.jpg

I have an Idea.. sell me your TLOU stuffs and you can throw in more money to make yourself feel special in the eyes of Yu Suzuki. Totally should aim for the tier that allows you to have a dinner with him. Such romance..

pfft, as if I need to pay money to have dinner with the holy deity himself...

http://i.imgur.com/NNo90WF.jpg

game_player_s
07-08-2015, 12:59 AM
I've put zero towards it. Unemployed, have begun tapping into my meager savings as it is. And the car is acting up, so got to get it looked at this week.

KnightOfTruth
07-08-2015, 08:10 PM
For different reasons, but I've put 0 towards it as well because...

http://media.giphy.com/media/5F39nh2WDX56w/giphy.gif

Raven
07-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Backed at the $500 tier too but thinking about dropping out =/

imho the content isn't justifiable with me in accordance to price plus would like a digital copy + physical but seems like you can have either or. As a collector I may not open the package =p

Also really tight at the moment too :sorry: <--- inner child wants it but my wallet does not agree

Ryaku
07-14-2015, 09:28 AM
Do you think that all 4 Toys Capsule Will be in Sale when game will be released ?

if Yes it'll be very crappy for Us !

vhal_x
07-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Surely they wouldn't. But who knows tbh, they haven't said Kickstarter Exclusive or anything like that. And the money we pay isn't proportional to the content we receive, we are donating in order for the game to be made, anything we get in the way of rewards is a bonus, in their eyes.

I mean some of the tiers are priced ridiculously, but as I said, it's not that you're donating the value of the items in the tier you pledge for x

Ryaku
07-14-2015, 12:36 PM
on backing i's wrote

"
TOY CAPSULE BOX SET - "THIS IS COOL!"

A Shenmue series favorite and now a Kickstarter exclusive. Actual capsule toys that will appear in the game! Get all four figures: Ryo, Shenhua, Chai and the Forklift."

and now i'm thinking if Capsule toys Ryo,Shenhua,Chai and Forklift are in game or Physical.... lol

vhal_x
07-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Ah, I must've overlooked that. Awesome, that means they can't really sell them separately without having everyone kick up a fuss (and rightly so) x

Dreamcazman
07-15-2015, 03:09 AM
They could possibly include something similar in a CE or other type of package but wouldn't be exactly the same as the KS stuff.

I'd really like to see a CE for this game once it gets released, steelbook, possibly a Ryo statue would be nice. :scratch:

King Peter
07-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Seems the backer will be the only ones getting a hard copy of the game

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/16/shenmue-3-retail-release-not-guaranteed?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=2&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55a7f94c60215c934900000b

Ryaku
07-16-2015, 07:47 PM
If Shenmue will be released only on Digital Format they will decrease their selling.

Sony give some money for Production and marketing.

It'll be not good for Shenmue to be release only in Digital Format and i think that Game will be release in Physical Format.

But For This, we have to pledge more to be the 1st Kickstarter Record !!!! :D

Cosmic_Link
07-16-2015, 08:26 PM
Might have to make another account and pledge another $60 for another Physical copy just in case that is the case! XD

Cosmic_Link
07-18-2015, 05:22 PM
So what did everybody go for in the end? I upped my pledge to the $80 one. There wasn't anything in the other Tiers that took my fancy unless I spent a small fortune. XD I also did a $60 pledge for another PS4 copy too. Now to just sit and wait!! XD

Raven
07-18-2015, 06:02 PM
I canceled my $500 pledge and may go for a paypal physical pledge if it's only a KS exclusive

Ryaku
07-18-2015, 07:07 PM
i valid my 500$ Pledge and add 120$ Pledge with another account.

but i don"t know what's paypal news information.... ?

Raven
07-18-2015, 07:39 PM
It was announced on live stream funding will continue through paypal

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/17/shenmue-iii-record-breaking-kickstarter-campaign-ends/

Saturn
07-18-2015, 11:36 PM
I just went for the $60 physical PS4 version. I'm extremely short on money now.

Likey
07-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Missed out on the Kickstarter, will wait for the PayPal one to be properly announced and then pledge for something.

I'll likely go for the $60 one for PS4 physical copy, hopefully haven't missed out entirely. :)

Dreamcazman
07-19-2015, 05:16 AM
So what did everybody go for in the end? I upped my pledge to the $80 one. There wasn't anything in the other Tiers that took my fancy unless I spent a small fortune. XD I also did a $60 pledge for another PS4 copy too. Now to just sit and wait!! XD
I pledged $300 & another $60 for a second PS4 physical copy. ;)

evilvort3x
07-19-2015, 10:19 AM
i went for the ps4 copy but in worst case scenario. ill try get digital keep my one sealed i guess

Twisted
07-19-2015, 07:24 PM
I wonder why having a physical disc in store is still up in the air by sony..several trash games like movie tie ins and broken messes have store shelves filled to the brim..but a "cult" classic franchise may or may not make the cut into stores?

Mike1888
07-19-2015, 09:06 PM
I wonder why having a physical disc in store is still up in the air by sony..several trash games like movie tie ins and broken messes have store shelves filled to the brim..but a "cult" classic franchise may or may not make the cut into stores?

To get people to pledge money? I don't think there's any chance it doesn't get a physical release.

Mike1888
06-30-2018, 07:57 PM
Backer surveys are out.

Dreamcazman
07-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Backer surveys are out.

Yep, got one yesterday & the other this morning.

ExMajik
07-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Where did you guys back from? Kickstarter or the Shenmue.link website? I have yet to get a survey...

Saturn
07-02-2018, 11:33 PM
Kickstarter, got the survey a few days ago.

Mike1888
07-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Where did you guys back from? Kickstarter or the Shenmue.link website? I have yet to get a survey...

I didn't get mine automatically either. I put my email in here to request a survey: https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support

ExMajik
07-03-2018, 01:42 AM
That doesn't work for me since I didn't back through Kickstarter. I went through the Shenmue.link website (slacker backer) that took me straight to Paypal to support it. They don't use accounts like fangamer.

Mike1888
07-03-2018, 02:05 AM
That doesn't work for me since I didn't back through Kickstarter. I went through the Shenmue.link website (slacker backer) that took me straight to Paypal to support it. They don't use accounts like fangamer.

I think surveys are going out later for slacker backer. Not sure though.

ExMajik
07-03-2018, 10:04 PM
This is great. Apparently I am out-of-the-loop and its been stated that not all slacker backers will get what was promised to them. So basically I have the potential of being robbed.

EDIT: After more research, it seems Kickstarter had more options for rewards based on how much you donated. The slacker backer just has less. So slacker backers will still get what they paid for. With that being said, this still applies: "Delivery of rewards/perks are subject to best efforts and not guaranteed."

Spect3r
07-04-2018, 12:02 PM
This is great. Apparently I am out-of-the-loop and its been stated that not all slacker backers will get what was promised to them. So basically I have the potential of being robbed.

EDIT: After more research, it seems Kickstarter had more options for rewards based on how much you donated. The slacker backer just has less. So slacker backers will still get what they paid for. With that being said, this still applies: "Delivery of rewards/perks are subject to best efforts and not guaranteed."

Doesnt most people end up being robbed with most of these "crowdfunded projects"?

Or they dont deliver what they promised, or they go bankrupt, or the final product sucks, seems to me that this happens in the vast majority of the projects.

Cosmic_Link
07-04-2018, 02:09 PM
Doesnt most people end up being robbed with most of these "crowdfunded projects"?

Or they dont deliver what they promised, or they go bankrupt, or the final product sucks, seems to me that this happens in the vast majority of the projects.I still have not received my Plague Doctor Bobblehead from when I pledged to Plague Road... -_-

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Shellshock
07-04-2018, 04:16 PM

Or they dont deliver what they promised, or they go bankrupt, or the final product sucks, seems to me that this happens in the vast majority of the projects.

Yeah, I think after the reward fulfillment of Kingdom Come: Deliverance I learned my lesson as well. Don't see myself backing any project anytime soon.

Spect3r
07-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I think after the reward fulfillment of Kingdom Come: Deliverance I learned my lesson as well. Don't see myself backing any project anytime soon.

Now im curious, what was the "reward" for backing Kingdom come deliverance?

I never backed any of these projects and unless something extraordinary happens, i really dont see my self ever backing one.

If it was a really good project they would be snatched by some publisher (big or smal), or like in the case of Children of Zordiac, they prove to be good enough to later on get realesed on "normal way" and then i can just buy the game like i would do with any "regular" game.

ExMajik
07-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Yeah, that is true as well. I have heard bad stories about Mighty No. 9 backers still waiting for a copy of the game.

Backing games really does have a bad stigma to it.

Shellshock
07-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Now im curious, what was the "reward" for backing Kingdom come deliverance?

I never backed any of these projects and unless something extraordinary happens, i really dont see my self ever backing one.

If it was a really good project they would be snatched by some publisher (big or smal), or like in the case of Children of Zordiac, they prove to be good enough to later on get realesed on "normal way" and then i can just buy the game like i would do with any "regular" game.

Some stuff was missing from the collector's edition or not as described. None of that was communicated prior. When people then started to complain about it they only responded with what can be summarized as "be glad you are getting anything at all" and did not even apologize, neither for the missing/ different stuff nor for not telling backers about it in advance (people only found out about it when they received it).

They also started selling the Kickstarter collector's edition at selected retailers in Czech Republic for the same price backers paid in addition to some retailers there also including a steelbook for free (the one that goes like 30 to 50 bucks on eBay and which backers did not get...). I also went for quite a high tier because it included all acts. At some point, they dropped the acts and only made one (which presumably also contains the contents of the other two). Now, they're releasing several paid DLC packs, only one of which is free to backers. The sole reason why I went that high, though, is because I wanted everything and not an incomplete package...

However, still, personally, I am not too upset about all that. Only their attitude leaves me disappointed. It is just terrible, these guys aren't upright. It's like buying a collector's edition from eBay and upon receiving it you realize some of the stuff is missing. When you then contact the seller, he just downplays it and tells to you be happy you received it at all (and that the game is included).

Spect3r
07-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Some stuff was missing from the collector's edition or not as described. None of that was communicated prior. When people then started to complain about it they only responded with what can be summarized as "be glad you are getting anything at all" and did not even apologize, neither for the missing/ different stuff nor for not telling backers about it in advance (people only found out about it when they received it).

They also started selling the Kickstarter collector's edition at selected retailers in Czech Republic for the same price backers paid in addition to some retailers there also including a steelbook for free (the one that goes like 30 to 50 bucks on eBay and which backers did not get...). I also went for quite a high tier because it included all acts. At some point, they dropped the acts and only made one (which presumably also contains the contents of the other two). Now, they're releasing several paid DLC packs, only one of which is free to backers. The sole reason why I went that high, though, is because I wanted everything and not an incomplete package...

However, still, personally, I am not too upset about all that. Only their attitude leaves me disappointed. It is just terrible, these guys aren't upright. It's like buying a collector's edition from eBay and upon receiving it you realize some of the stuff is missing. When you then contact the seller, he just downplays it and tells to you be happy you received it at all (and that the game is included).

Damn, that sucks.
These are the kind of things that make me stay far away from crowdfunded stuff, regardless of what product is.