PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Destiny - THE TAKEN KING - COLLECTOR'S EDITION

vyvern
06-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Full Game Name: Destiny - THE TAKEN KING
Edition Name: COLLECTOR'S EDITION
Platform(s): PS4 / Xbox One
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: 15/9/15
Price (RRP): $80
Package Description: Collectors Edition Box
Content Description:
- The Taken King
- Destiny
- Expansion I: The Dark Below
- Expansion II: House of Wolves
- Collector's Edition SteelBook™ Case
- Modified Treasure Island Book with intro Letter from Cayde-6
- Cayde-6's Personal Notes and Illustrations
- Collection of Relics and Artifacts
- Strange Coin Replica
- Digital: Three Class Specific Emotes, Three Armor Shaders, Three Exotic Class Items
Link(s) to source(s): Destinythegame.com (http://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/wheretobuy?bundle=collectors)
Other Info/Pics:

http://www.destinythegame.com/content/dam/atvi/bungie/dtg-comet/wtb/physical-collectors-edition/ttk-physical-collectors-edition-esrb.png

Namzor
06-16-2015, 05:15 AM
Really Bungie? How bout one for players, who own all your existing content already? What good is another Game Key plus DLC going to do me.......

eternix
06-16-2015, 06:03 AM
It's lovely for the price. ^_~

Twisted
06-16-2015, 06:15 AM
is that the same steelbook we had before?

V4MP1R1C_L30
06-16-2015, 06:27 AM
Hey Twisted :wave: Yup That's The Same Steelbook. Wonder If It'll Change (Hope So). Overall This Does Look Like A Cool CE. I Didn't Pick Up The 1ST CE So May Get This :think:

Anjelaoni
06-16-2015, 06:30 AM
Really Bungie? How bout one for players, who own all your existing content already? What good is another Game Key plus DLC going to do me.......

Complaints about The Taken King pricing structure seem to be centred around two things right now.

Us "Day One" guardians will need to buy the game + expansions all over again if we want that sweet, sweet Strange Coin, exotic class emblem (likely to boost xp from 1-20, but nothing else), and shaders.

If we buy the above package, we won't get the Digital Version "Year One" bonuses.

While (1) is correct and annoying (but really, the emblem won't be useful except to level new characters, and we should be paying extra for the physical coin/book anyway) the number (2) above is incorrect. People are missing the "VIP rewards" screen on the preorder and jumping to conclusions. See below:

AS A THANK YOU TO OUR MOST LOYAL FANS WHO HAVE REACHED LIGHT LEVEL 30 OR WHO PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II BY AUGUST 31, 2015, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE COMMEMORATIVE FOUNDER’S FORTUNE YEAR 1 EMBLEM, SPARROW, ARMOR SHADER AND MORE AT LAUNCH WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF THE TAKEN KING.

*TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE VIP REWARDS, PLAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE LIGHT LEVEL 30 CHARACTER OR OWN BOTH EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II ON OR BEFORE 08/31/15 AND PURCHASE AND PLAY THE TAKEN KING ON OR BEFORE 02/01/16. VIP REWARDS APPLICABLE FOR ANY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE OF DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING, DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – LEGENDARY EDITION, AND DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – COLLECTOR’S EDITION (DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL).

You will get the Year One shader, Year One emblem (probably this one), and Year One Sparrow as long as you buy The Taken King by next year.

Calm down, then decide if you want to spend $40 on a Strange Coin, book and 3 shaders. I know a LOT of people said they would have paid $15 for a shader when it came to the Nepal donation drive. This is no different (if less charitable). If you don't want to pay extra, you will still get the Year One rewards.

Namzor
06-16-2015, 06:50 AM
I did notice the VIP rewards for Year One stuff so wasn't really worried about that. I just don't really enjoy double dipping on stuff I want to buy. A secondary CE would of shown some insight on their part but c'est la vie. I will most likely buy it and give the second game/DLC to a friend.

StayFree( ' 3')
06-16-2015, 08:27 AM
gamestop exclusive :(

KnightOfTruth
06-16-2015, 10:28 AM
gamestop exclusive :(

Wow. I'm REALLY surprised to see Bungie do this with having to repurchase the game like that! :banghead: I could see Gamestop choosing to do that, but surprised by Bungie :(

Funnnkyyy
06-16-2015, 11:12 AM
I haven't even played the first one yet..

So does this mean I will be better off and not have to pay twice like some of you guys? :shrug:

vhal_x
06-16-2015, 12:01 PM
I haven't even played the first one yet..

So does this mean I will be better off and not have to pay twice like some of you guys? :shrug:

No, I think this will just include the expansion, like how with Sims or World of Warcraft Expansions, you still need to have the earlier games...

At least I think that's how it works.

I'm actually doubting myself now. :suicide: Anyone have any further info to shed some light on this? x

vhal_x
06-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Wait, just noticed it actually shows that Destiny is included. So yeah, you're better off just waiting for this that buying Destiny just now, as this includes it anyway :D x

rapister
06-16-2015, 12:03 PM
If I don't like it, I'm going to return the strange coin to Gamestop in exchange for 5 ammo synths.... during a weekend, of course...

Funnnkyyy
06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Wait, just noticed it actually shows that Destiny is included. So yeah, you're better off just waiting for this that buying Destiny just now, as this includes it anyway :D x

Awesome!

Thanks for the heads up vhal! :beer:

Cam
06-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Gamestop is horrible for international collectors. They wont accept any form of payment not originating from the US. So sad to see it's exclusive to that. I myself need the US PSN store code so I'm stuck.

Vlad
06-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Gamestop is horrible for international collectors. They wont accept any form of payment not originating from the US.

Btw, that's never been true for me.
In fact, GS have been nothing but lovely to me, my Last of US PPE springs to mind where my bank flagged it as fraud because of the large amount in the US but I phoned GS and they had no problems holding it for me until my bank fixed it.

Although I'm a little like some others here, it looks really nice and I loved the quality of my Destiny LE, really caught me off guard how nice everything was when I got it reduced to £30, but it seems a bit much for effectively just the expansion for me.

vhal_x
06-16-2015, 01:14 PM
This is up for preorder on GAME UK for UK people :P x

Cam
06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Btw, that's never been true for me.
In fact, GS have been nothing but lovely to me, my Last of US PPE springs to mind where my bank flagged it as fraud because of the large amount in the US but I phoned GS and they had no problems holding it for me until my bank fixed it.

Although I'm a little like some others here, it looks really nice and I loved the quality of my Destiny LE, really caught me off guard how nice everything was when I got it reduced to £30, but it seems a bit much for effectively just the expansion for me.

I guess maybe they allow certain countries? It's reassuring then that they provide good service. I will find a way to get it but it seems my paypal and credit card aren't being accepted due to region.

rapister
06-16-2015, 01:32 PM
i have problems with all my credit cards from different banks with gamestop as well... so i have to depend on the kindness of the forumers here.... :1:
... who are da real MVP

Vlad
06-16-2015, 01:34 PM
I guess maybe they allow certain countries? It's reassuring then that they provide good service. I will find a way to get it but it seems my paypal and credit card aren't being accepted due to region.

Yeah, what about trying Game.co.uk? :)
THere might be other UK ones but I've only seen it on Game so far.
PS4 (http://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-the-taken-king-collectors-edition-668151?pageSize=40&searchTerm=destiny%20taken&catGroupId=)
XOne (http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_10151_10201__44____ProductDisplayErrorVie w?productId=668149)

I know they can be funny about orders if they're over 1KG but I don't know if this would be over that.

Cam
06-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah, what about trying Game.co.uk? :)
THere might be other UK ones but I've only seen it on Game so far.
PS4 (http://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-the-taken-king-collectors-edition-668151?pageSize=40&searchTerm=destiny%20taken&catGroupId=)
XOne (http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_10151_10201__44____ProductDisplayErrorVie w?productId=668149)

I know they can be funny about orders if they're over 1KG but I don't know if this would be over that.

I go to UK sellers as a last resort as I tend to use the codes for my PSN account (Which is US region), any other region codes don't work unfortunately. Actually bought a couple of PC games from game since they're not region locked or anything.

Best solution I think would be to get a gamestop gift card from amazon and use it online.

Vlad
06-16-2015, 01:47 PM
I go to UK sellers as a last resort as I tend to use the codes for my PSN account (Which is US region), any other region codes don't work unfortunately. Actually bought a couple of PC games from game since they're not region locked or anything.

Best solution I think would be to get a gamestop gift card from amazon and use it online.

Ah, that makes sense, although if it helps out for the future at all, you could always have more than one PSN account, so your main US one then an EU one just for redeeming UK/EU codes which, when redeemed on your EU account, you can then still use it on your main US account as if you'd redeemed it there.
This has helped me out of a jam a couple of times with region-locked codes. :)

MadMan5
06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Awesome!

Thanks for the heads up vhal! :beer:
On sale at EBGames $119.95 AUD

Cosmic_Link
06-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Not buying this. Not double dipping on games and CEs anymore. Not going to encourage this kind of selling behaviour anymore. Sick of supporting Ubisoft and their multiple CEs for the same game......

......Oh......This is bungie...... Shame on you bungie... -_-

Still not buying it! :rant:

Funnnkyyy
06-17-2015, 10:25 AM
On sale at EBGames $119.95 AUD

Thanks mad man will check it out! :beer:

xhunter
06-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Already pre-ordered mine. Want it to go with my Ghost Edition (once I get ahold of one).

V4MP1R1C_L30
06-18-2015, 03:43 AM
Already pre-ordered mine. Want it to go with my Ghost Edition (once I get ahold of one).

Hey xhunter :wave:
Might Be Cheaper To Just Look For The Contents Seeing As This Edition Comes With The Same Game And Steelbook :thumb:

xhunter
06-18-2015, 03:45 AM
Hey xhunter :wave:
Might Be Cheaper To Just Look For The Contents Seeing As This Edition Comes With The Same Game And Steelbook :thumb:

Eh, that doesn't bother me too much just in case I can't find a Ghost Edition for a reasonable price for awhile.

V4MP1R1C_L30
06-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Eh, that doesn't bother me too much just in case I can't find a Ghost Edition for a reasonable price for awhile.

I Didn't Get Any Of The 1st Editions So With This Coming Out, I'll Be Doing What I Suggested. I Did Think The Ghost Would Be Bigger Than What It Was. Lol All That Box (Very Fragile Mind You) For Such A Small Ghost :haha:

Cam
06-18-2015, 02:44 PM
I Didn't Get Any Of The 1st Editions So With This Coming Out, I'll Be Doing What I Suggested. I Did Think The Ghost Would Be Bigger Than What It Was. Lol All That Box (Very Fragile Mind You) For Such A Small Ghost :haha:

Very fragile indeed. The one I ordered from amazon arrived like someone had stomped it. Turns out a lot of people received them with broken boxes since it was fragile. I had to order a box off of eBay to replace mine, although amazon reimbursed the damage. The new one had minor damage, the sides were split but it was fixable with super glue. Looks perfect now.

Zoklar
06-22-2015, 02:12 AM
Meh...I 'm really not interested in Destiny anymore. I got the Ghost Edition and regretted it. I'm gonna pass on this one.

hawkeye
08-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Is this available anywhere else than Game.co.uk?

KnightOfTruth
08-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Is this available anywhere else than Game.co.uk?

Gamestop.com in the US, but I imagine that isn't all that helpful.

hawkeye
08-19-2015, 11:31 PM
Yeah I'm looking for something within Europe

0329liuken
09-15-2015, 06:04 AM
Just found that the steelbook from the taken King is actually different from the original one besides the spine.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/14/e555d45489a6a9bf63ff0795462cbfee.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/14/4ead16344dcdb9ffa6235f8dd4f2530b.jpg

Twisted
09-15-2015, 06:15 AM
my local gamestop ONLY got enough of these to fulfill preorders, NO extras, and NONE of the ones they have are "MINT" packaging..all have dents on the boxes, so the box quality isn't all that good. I mean, a couple of them the boxes were "crushed" from the top..and these all came out of a custom shipper box..new sealed,..disappointing.

CollectorFanatic
09-15-2015, 06:52 AM
Mine came 100% clean. No dents or anything. Damn near perfect. Im actually pretty happy with it. The steelbook is gorgous and the strange coin is actually really well made and has some weight to it.

g6t9ed
09-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with it. We haven't opened ours but someone else did open theirs in the store and appreciated the care they took with the packaging. Liked the small touch of adding the sticker to the strange coin as not to have the center being rubbed in transit and the gf commented on how she liked the map and the material it was made from.

KnightOfTruth
09-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I was really impressed with it overall too. My ONLY complaint is that the disc is the EXACT same disc at the vanilla version. Doesn't say "Collector's Edition" or "taken King" or anything.

Also, anyone happen to have a large magnifying glass? On the letter that's included in the book there appears to be some tiny font hidden in three places, but I didn't get to check it out before I left as the magnifying app on my phone couldn't focus well enough. Figure its another code or something like they did on the Ghost edition, but just curious if anyone else checked it out?

xhunter
09-16-2015, 05:38 AM
Mine should be arriving on Thursday. Really glad to hear the quality is good.

Now I just need to get ahold of a Ghost Edition... Proving hard without spending $300+...

eternix
09-16-2015, 03:41 PM
nvm

flatout
09-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Unboxing ;)

f_zKvWjqoRI

utta
09-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I was really impressed with it overall too. My ONLY complaint is that the disc is the EXACT same disc at the vanilla version. Doesn't say "Collector's Edition" or "taken King" or anything.

Also, anyone happen to have a large magnifying glass? On the letter that's included in the book there appears to be some tiny font hidden in three places, but I didn't get to check it out before I left as the magnifying app on my phone couldn't focus well enough. Figure its another code or something like they did on the Ghost edition, but just curious if anyone else checked it out?

I can see 2 codes on the piece of paper from Cayde-6, but I've no idea where they work at. bungie.net code redemption says they're not valid, and the other code is too long for bungie.net, but too short for xbox live. (this disc is also not the same. compare them side by side. :D)

(One code is on the back by the red spade, the other in near the bottom on the last paragraph on the right.)

ingmar1988
09-19-2015, 06:47 PM
great unboxing. thanks!

0329liuken
09-19-2015, 06:52 PM
Got mine yesterday, beautiful steelbook, better than the original one IMO.

ingmar1988
09-19-2015, 07:00 PM
i want it...sold out everywhere...hmmm

I am the worst...when i dont pre order - sold out.

If I do pre order - overproduced crap

King Peter
09-19-2015, 11:42 PM
I wonder how many PS4 console LE they made of it, my local Wallmart had 8 of them in stock, doesn't really look LE for me :P

Matrix6
09-20-2015, 02:55 AM
Unboxing ;)

f_zKvWjqoRI

Lol magnet :D
Cool unboxing. :neo:

flatout
09-20-2015, 10:56 PM
great unboxing. thanks!

Lol magnet :D
Cool unboxing. :neo:

Texas Fire
09-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Custom made or some sort of press kit?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p281/CaliburKid/7514407F-4A8D-4CA7-9C2E-9BE3A7740286.png.jpeg

TF

utta
09-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Custom made or some sort of press kit?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p281/CaliburKid/7514407F-4A8D-4CA7-9C2E-9BE3A7740286.png.jpeg

TF

It's custom made, but by Bungie's specs. They tweeted out that pic a few months ago. As far as I know, they never said what they were for.

THEREALDEALDUDE
10-17-2015, 08:31 AM
sorry didnt see this and i reposted it i added it nevertheless