PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Retro City Rampage Floppy Collectors Edition (1,000 Copies)

Raven
08-01-2015, 01:02 AM
http://www.retrocityrampage.com/img/dosretail.jpg
http://www.retrocityrampage.com/img/floppies.jpg

Release - Estimated ship date is mid to late August 2015
Price $29.99

Retro City Rampage's cross platform conquest reaches MS-DOS and Linux today – both digitally and physically.

PC+MAC owners on Steam, GOG, Humble Store and developer direct get the Linux and MS-DOS versions for free, along with a prototype Windows 3.1 version.

The MS-DOS version is also available physically in a boxed collector's edition on 3.5” floppy disk.

RUNDOWN

• RCR is out now for Linux + MS-DOS

• Also includes bonus prototype Windows 3.1 version

• It's a free digital update for PC + MAC owners

• Steam, GOG, Humble Store and developer direct

• Steam / GOG / Humble Store / developer direct now include:

• PC + MAC + LINUX + MS-DOS (plus Windows 3.1 + NES prototypes)

• It's also available physically, here:

• Collector's Box ($29.99) - disk, cloth map, red decoder glasses, manual & Steam key.

• Floppy Disk ($14.99) – a side order of 3.5” floppy & Steam Key.

THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Titled 'Retro City Rampage: 486', the MS-DOS version was crammed to fit onto a single 1.44MB floppy disk and run on 486 PCs from over two decades ago. It also runs on modern PCs via DOSBox, or when powered up with an MS-DOS bootable USB drive or CD/DVD. It supports the Gravis Game Pad and other classic MIDI port Joysticks and rocks your PC Speaker.

The limited edition box includes the MS-DOS version on 3.5" Floppy Disk and digital downloads for PC, MAC, LINUX, and MS-DOS, along with a bonus Windows 3.1 prototype.

BUY HERE - http://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/

The factory sealed limited edition box includes...

Retro City Rampage™ 486 for MS-DOS on 3.5" Floppy Disk
The full game on a single 1.44MB Floppy Disk
Choose one of three colors (while supplies last)

Retail Box
Nintendo NES dimensions (5" x 7" x 1")

Cloth Map
7" x 5.9"

Magic Decoder Glasses
Custom Retro City Rampage glasses

24 Page Manual
Featuring magic decoder hidden images and never before seen sprites and concept art.

Retro City Rampage™ DX Steam Key, which includes:
PC, MAC, and LINUX digital downloads
RCR:486 MS-DOS digital download
Bonus Windows 3.1 prototype version digital download

Limited to 1,000 units numbered with a unique sticker of authenticity.

Source - http://www.retrocityrampage.com/msdos_retail.php

Matrix6
08-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Damn, missed out on the PS4 version.

vhal_x
08-01-2015, 03:43 PM
This is awesome :) I actually "accidentally" got the RCR DX PS4 copy, as Allan said to me he wanted it and to see if there was a physical copy before he bought it digitally. So I searched it, bought it and that was that. It was only when I came back here after an absence that I discovered that I had actually ordered it less than an hour after it went live and before it sold out :rotf: sheer luck! x

StayFree( ' 3')
08-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I'll wait for the Atari 2600 version that I'm sure will be announced in a few months. -__-

Cosmic_Link
08-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Will this play on my Amiga 500+? :think:

Twisted
08-02-2015, 09:33 PM
i wish they would already come out with a 3DS cart, actually what i see happening..is maybe down the road.."boom!" a publisher will be announced to do this on a mass scale..i thought after the PS4/vita release it would be the end of it, and maintain collector momentum..but this is just diluting the collectability of the physical version.

geralds
08-03-2015, 07:58 AM
i wish they would already come out with a 3DS cart, actually what i see happening..is maybe down the road.."boom!" a publisher will be announced to do this on a mass scale..i thought after the PS4/vita release it would be the end of it, and maintain collector momentum..but this is just diluting the collectability of the physical version.

Not really because if you still want the physical copy on vita or ps4 its still quit collectable.