PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Final Fantasy Explorers Collectors Edition

Nachtfalke
11-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Full Game Name: Final Fantasy Explorers
Edition Name: Collectors Edition
Platform(s): 3DS
Region(s): PAL & NTSC
Publisher: Square-Enix
Release Date: 29.01.16
Price (RRP): 69,99€ / 69,99$

https://ips.pepitastore.com/storefront/img/resized/squareenix-store/QJKQwDcOFFExp_Beauty_e_825_KR.jpg

The FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS Collector’s Edition includes:
• 32-page artbook featuring illustrations by renowned artists Yoshitaka Amano, Gen Kobayashi and Toshiyuki Itahana
• “Songs for the Journey,” a 20-track music soundtrack sampler comprised of tracks by celebrated Composer Tsuyoshi Sekito
• Themed FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS Nintendo 3DS hard case
• Exclusive box packaging, featuring the artwork of series concept artist Amano

The Collector’s Edition will include codes exclusive to the Western release to unlock in-game quests that allow players to obtain a set of legendary FINAL FANTASY® weapons. These weapons include: Venus Gospel from FINAL FANTASY VII, Death Penalty from DIRGE of CERBERUS®: FINAL FANTASY VII, Crimson Blitz from LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII, and Thyrus from FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Letrico
11-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Apparently exclusive to SE stores. AU got no confirmation of it :(

Twisted
11-13-2015, 07:36 AM
I hate doing business with the square enix US store, because of their crappy jump through hoops return policy...I hope like some of the other square enix "exclusives" show up on amazon and gamestop in the upcoming weeks.

GameTrigger
11-13-2015, 08:58 AM
The 3DS case from Japanese CE is much nicer :(

ExMajik
11-15-2015, 03:58 PM
I wonder if this will be a miniaturized version of the Japan collectors edition?
The one in Japan is huge. I am willing to bet they will shrink it down to the size of Theatrythm collectors edition...

Twisted
11-15-2015, 08:11 PM
yea, for "$70" don't expect it to be "huge" probably since it is a 3DS game..the packaging will be compact.

GameTrigger
11-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I wonder if this will be a miniaturized version of the Japan collectors edition?
The one in Japan is huge. I am willing to bet they will shrink it down to the size of Theatrythm collectors edition...

You mean NA version of Theatrythm CE?
EU version was big.
I think in west Explorers CE size is same as was in Japan (same artbook) but thicker (no console cover).

ExMajik
11-16-2015, 03:07 AM
I thought the EU version was the same as the NA version? Just a different colored box?

EDIT: Suppose you are right. The Europe version did get a bigger box.

THEREALDEALDUDE
12-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Added

KnightOfTruth
12-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Well, that's a drag! Been waiting for that email from SE store saying they had more stock of the FF Explorer's CE and apparently it came today at 6am -- silly me didn't check THAT email until 11am today and looks like its back on the waiting list. :(

Did anyone here happen to snag an extra? I'm hoping they'll go back up before launch so I can at least get the credit on the SE site towards reward points or something.

KnightOfTruth
01-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Still not been able to get one -- every time they pop back I've been out in the field -- any one here happen to order an extra?

Twisted
01-18-2016, 09:42 PM
maybe KnightOfTruth on release day there will be credit card declines, and other issues which will free some more up?

KnightOfTruth
01-19-2016, 02:43 PM
maybe KnightOfTruth on release day there will be credit card declines, and other issues which will free some more up?

Yeah, they've been doing that already (thus the waitlist), but I keep missing them. They USED to give you a semi-private link to order directly from the waitlist, but now they just send out a mass email and post it as available on the regular page. Gotta be speedy to get it! ;) No major worries if not, just was hoping to snag one, and even moreso, to do it with my own SE account.

Twisted
01-19-2016, 08:01 PM
there is a game store in Singapore that apparently snatched up a bulk order of these from our NTSC USA store, to make available for gamers in Singapore, Malaysia etc..their "distributor" was able to secure it for them.

GameTrigger
01-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Seems that EU get same shitty box as NA :(
http://youtu.be/zj2NM_aMNbA

halalima
01-28-2016, 08:22 PM

Now I regret purchasing it -.-

GameTrigger
02-03-2016, 01:09 PM

Got my copy today!
Box is made from cardboard; but overall that CE looks cheap - more like LE :(

KnightOfTruth
03-02-2016, 04:42 AM
Anyone in the US/NA get one of these and decided you want to part with it? Still would like one of these to add to my FF collection (and hopefully get the DLC too). Let me know! Thanks!