PDA

View Full Version : Build Your Own Spartan - Halo 5 3D Printed Figures

KnightOfTruth
11-18-2015, 01:59 PM
So this is a thing sponsored by Xbox -- pretty cool.

f-B6AK67zTg

Starting Friday, you'll be able to log on to Halo Waypoint and equip your Spartan with the armors, helmets, and visors you've unlocked via REQ packs, then send the final configuration off to be printed. A small (4-4.5" tall) figure will run $29.99, medium (5-5.5") figures will be $49.99, and large (6-7") will be $89.99. That's roughly $7.50 per inch, $10 per inch, and $12.86 per inch of Spartan, respectively. Shipping will be free until December 6.

Vlad
11-24-2015, 09:59 AM
That's roughly $7.50 per inch, $10 per inch, and $12.86 per inch of Spartan.

Huh, the last time I went into a Spartan brothel it was cheaper...
Bloody inflation.

:P

But yeah, this looks cool, if I was into the multiplayer and had unlocked armour I really liked I might have gone for this. :)

Life Is Prime
11-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Huh, the last time I went into a Spartan brothel it was cheaper...
Bloody inflation.

:P

But yeah, this looks cool, if I was into the multiplayer and had unlocked armour I really liked I might have gone for this. :)

THAT there is the problem. Unlocking armor. Having played quite often I get the allure for REQ packs, but some armors should have been tied with Spartan Rank so that there is a balance. As it is, I can unlock a helmet piece and not get the connecting armor even if I opened 50 packs.

KnightOfTruth
11-30-2015, 06:47 PM
THAT there is the problem. Unlocking armor. Having played quite often I get the allure for REQ packs, but some armors should have been tied with Spartan Rank so that there is a balance. As it is, I can unlock a helmet piece and not get the connecting armor even if I opened 50 packs.

Completely agree with you. As it is, I've played zero multiplayer and maybe an hour or two of the campaign before I jumped back into Destiny/Tomb Raider. I'd say I wish there was more time during the day, but then I'm sure I'd fill it with other "important" things besides games haha. :nosleep:

Hopefully these things are still available down the road though. It's a pretty cool thing to have for any Halo fan!

Life Is Prime
12-01-2015, 05:15 AM
Completely agree with you. As it is, I've played zero multiplayer and maybe an hour or two of the campaign before I jumped back into Destiny/Tomb Raider. I'd say I wish there was more time during the day, but then I'm sure I'd fill it with other "important" things besides games haha. :nosleep:

Hopefully these things are still available down the road though. It's a pretty cool thing to have for any Halo fan!

I'm pretty sure Sandboxr will have this option for quite a while. The only rush I perceive is the hype and the Holiday offer of free shipping, but since 343i has stated that they will continually support the game with new maps, modes, and items to the REQ packs, and with such a big ip as Halo, the service could be a long term commitment. Its a business, and Halo prints money. I mean, its not as if there is any stock that needs to be sold. The figures are made to order as long as the company is provided with the files by the publisher. I think we're safe for now. :thumb: