PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Big Daddy Statue

xhunter
11-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Irrational Games Store has a pre-order page up for the Bioshock Big Daddy Statue (finally, there is one!). There are only 400 to be made, ships in spring 2016, $449.00. Link, info, and pictures below.

http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/tk2rstar/images/screenshots/BigDaddyClinic-listing-large.jpg

http://store.irrationalgames.com/store/tk2irr/en_US/pd/productID.330712100

The BioShock Big Daddy statue is currently a pre-order. The statue will not ship when ordered. Estimated ship date for this statue is spring 2016.

Limited quantities: Only 400 statues will be released. Orders only available while supplies last.

“Mr. Bubbles”

This limited edition Big Daddy statue features the iconic BioShock Bouncer Big Daddy and two Little Sisters. Weighing in at over 15 pounds, this solid resin cast figure is the largest statue we’ve made to date. Meticulously detailed, the Big Daddy is 14 inches tall in a kneeling position and depicts the Burial at Sea moment when he is first impressed upon by the Little Sisters. It comes with a custom designed packaging box and will be hand numbered.

Weight is estimated at 16 pounds outside of packaging. Not a toy, not intended for children.

Limited release to 400 total units.

Statue displayed is pre-production. Some details may change.

Plasmid shot glass in pictures is not included, it is for size reference only.

Dreamcazman
11-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Awesome piece, but damn. Over $800 AUD shipped to me, I'm going to have to pass. :swoon:

Life Is Prime
11-29-2015, 11:34 PM
Is it terrible of me that I wish the statue was depicting BioShock and not the Burial at Sea DLC?

xhunter
11-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Is it terrible of me that I wish the statue was depicting BioShock and not the Burial at Sea DLC?

No, I totally agree. But I will take what I can get. :P

tsquared44
11-30-2015, 02:14 AM
Damnn. Sign me up. Looks beautiful. Guess i know where my xmas money is going.

flatout
12-05-2015, 02:23 AM
Seems I am the only one who thinks this looks bad. Something about it. I know they were going for a touching guardian/father type scene here but for me it sucks as a statue.

blingaling
12-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Seems I am the only one who thinks this looks bad. Something about it. I know they were going for a touching guardian/father type scene here but for me it sucks as a statue.

You are not. I love Big Daddies more than anything, but I'm really on the fence about this one. Quality looks fantastic but... not keen on the overall composition here.

WaxWeazle
12-08-2015, 07:29 PM
I agree too Flatout.
Love Bioshock but it would've been better if it was a solid Bioshock 1 statue and not a Burial At Sea one.

It's also really expensive..
I do want to get it but I don't know when, seeing it's very limited but so is my bank account at the moment :facepalm:

xhunter
12-09-2015, 02:38 AM
I agree too Flatout.
Love Bioshock but it would've been better if it was a solid Bioshock 1 statue and not a Burial At Sea one.

It's also really expensive..
I do want to get it but I don't know when, seeing it's very limited but so is my bank account at the moment :facepalm:

The store doesn't take payment until the item ships if you want to order now to reserve one (and cancel later if necessary).

Matrix6
12-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Sorry, not liking it either, and the price for me (over $911 AUD) is a deal breaker. :(

WaxWeazle
01-04-2016, 01:52 PM
The store doesn't take payment until the item ships if you want to order now to reserve one (and cancel later if necessary).

Decided not to go for it, for what it is it just seems it's too expensive, especially if I know that the import costs for me always have been high, even for small packages, so I can see the price on this one go way, way up due to that..

And honestly, I just don't like the white faces on the Little Sisters.
Should've gone for an actual Bioshock statue, not a Burial At Sea one.