PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Slim Luna or PS4 Pro?

PulpSuicide
09-15-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm having a dilemma. I've been collecting many gaming related items such as collector's edition, limited edition, press kit, limited books, etc across multiple platforms/consoles but I never own a PS4 yet.

I'm thinking of getting myself a PS4 Slim Luna for the sake of my Final Fantasy XV's collection but then its price is similar to PS4 Pro. So should I go for Luna or Pro? Also, is there any possibility, rumor, news that there will be a PS4 Pro Luna?

Veggz
09-16-2016, 09:42 PM
I would personally get the Pro, even though the Slim Luna is really good looking.
But that's me, I tend to go for power over looks when it comes to something I plan on using and not just displaying.

Exohain
09-17-2016, 12:27 AM
pro if you're looking to enjoy the games you've got/you're going to get

Luna if you're looking for a collectable.

PulpSuicide
09-17-2016, 08:38 AM
pro if you're looking to enjoy the games you've got/you're going to get

Luna if you're looking for a collectable.

yeh but what if can't make a decision between enjoyment or collectible ?

Exohain
09-17-2016, 08:44 AM
yeh but what if can't make a decision between enjoyment or collectible ?

get both!

In all seriousness, I'd go for the luna, but I don't have a 4k TV so the upgraded hardware doesn't really make a lot of difference to me.

PulpSuicide
09-17-2016, 09:19 AM
get both!

In all seriousness, I'd go for the luna, but I don't have a 4k TV so the upgraded hardware doesn't really make a lot of difference to me.

I can't get both, I don't have budget for that :no:

Luna does sounds good

GameTrigger
09-18-2016, 08:06 AM
As FF collector I want Luna Edition but I have 20th Anniversary Edition PS4 - so no need for "new" model; maybe Pro then?
I'm waiting to see how games actually are on Pro ;)

xhunter
09-18-2016, 08:49 AM
As FF collector I want Luna Edition but I have 20th Anniversary Edition PS4 - so no need for "new" model; maybe Pro then?
I'm waiting to see how games actually are on Pro ;)

All PS4 games will run on the PS4 and PS4 Pro.

GameTrigger
09-18-2016, 10:25 AM
All PS4 games will run on the PS4 and PS4 Pro.
Yes, I know but some games get "boost" on PS4 Pro - want to see that before I'm buing Pro model.

Cosmic_Link
09-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Get both. Pro for Play, Luna for display. :thumb:

ExMajik
09-18-2016, 07:24 PM
I think a lot of Final Fantasy fans are having this dilemma right now.

Just remember, the Luna edition is only available for a limited time. Afterwards, the price will sky rocket. So just know that if you decide against it now, and the collector in you wants to get it later, you will be paying about $100-200 more.

As for me, I would love a pro. But I perfer to buy limited edition consoles. They keep their resale value. Without a doubt, in the future, the pro will get a slick looking limited edition model for some other game I really like. I will pick it up then. That way, I also get the chance to recoup some cash. :x

rapister
09-20-2016, 09:48 AM
well, if you are a huge FF fan, and assuming you would love FF15, then definitely go for the luna console. you can always upgrade hardware later i guess

BUT if you really must have VR at launch and already have a 4K TV ready, then go for the pro. or, if you are not so much of a console collector, then yea, get the pro.

GameTrigger
09-20-2016, 10:08 AM
BUT if you really must have VR at launch and already have a 4K TV ready, then go for the pro. or, if you are not so much of a console collector, then yea, get the pro.
HDR and VR support is for all PS4 models but Pro performance will be best as Sony says.

goonergaz
09-20-2016, 10:39 AM
I'm having a dilemma. I've been collecting many gaming related items such as collector's edition, limited edition, press kit, limited books, etc across multiple platforms/consoles but I never own a PS4 yet.

I'm thinking of getting myself a PS4 Slim Luna for the sake of my Final Fantasy XV's collection but then its price is similar to PS4 Pro. So should I go for Luna or Pro? Also, is there any possibility, rumor, news that there will be a PS4 Pro Luna?

Get the LE, you can easily trade up to a pro later but may not be so easy to trade the other way (depending how limited it is!). Also, you may open the box and not like the look so sell straight on for little loss.

Yes, I know but some games get "boost" on PS4 Pro - want to see that before I'm buing Pro model.

All games released from October need to have a Pro mode. If you're talking about the specific boost then I suggest checking out Rise of the Tomb Raider which has 3 modes - I expect most games to have 2 modes, one with 4K & HDR and the other 1080p with better FPS and effects. We could see games like Battlefield 1 being 900p on PS4 & 1080p on Pro, and of course PSVR will benefit.