PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for any collector. Got the wrong item at the PSX16 :(

bluenote
12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
I was at the PSX16 last weekend and had a blast. Everything was great until I got back home to good ol' Canada to find out that I got the wrong deck of cards at the Gear Store.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy-A1P2WQAAN2CK.jpg

Instead of the 36 cards of the 2015 batch, I got 25 dupes of the PSX16 Card. I think what I got was a pack of the cards they were giving away at the event instead of what they advertised. Since I didn't open the pack until I got home, I didn't notice (I wanted to keep the cards in the best possible condition).

No big deal, I thought. I'll get an exchange. Well, I've been contacting the Gear Store and Sony for the last couple days to no avail. Gear Store says they don't have that item, Sony says they don't know... In the meantime Gear Store keeps closing my ticket and marking it as "Solved"...

I'm starting to lose hope. I travelled so far and waited for so long in line and I won't complete my collection after all. I even bought the binder to put all my cards in. Boy, was I naive!

Any ideas? Anyone had a similar situation with the Store? If so, how did you solve your situation?

0329liuken
12-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

Gear store has been very unresponsive since Treehouse was acquired by Thinkgeek (thinkgeek was acquired by GameStop, we all no how bad GameStop is).

The online gear store was manger by thinkgeek and the gear store at PSX was managed by Sony, so contacting the online gear store won't get you anywhere. I think the best way to do is to contact Sony, there were some info available in the PSX 2016 app I think.

bluenote
12-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Funny thing is Sony says they can help me with software only and the Gear Sote says they don't have that item. They keep me circling back and forth between them.

What bothers me is the idea that I might never complete my collection. :(

Any idea of which Sony department I have a best shot at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0329liuken
12-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Sorry I have no idea who you should contact. You can try to send a DM to @AskPlaystation on tweeter with your receipt, and ask them to direct you somewhere

BAD-WAYNE
12-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Does anyone remember the guy on here that was helping us with the ISS statue from PSX a few years back? I had the exact same issue between Gear Store support and Sony support that you are having. My Infamous statue was broke and no one had any info about it. Who ever that guy was he worked for/with that Sony/Gear store department that created or contracted that stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bluenote
12-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Oh, man, is that the Delsin Statue you're talkong about? That piece is gorgeous. I hope you got an exchange.

Now it's day 5 of trying to get the PSX cards and nothing. My case got elevated, whatever that means, and I got a case number. I don't have much hope of solving this problem at this point. :(

If you can remember the name of the guy, I'd love to have a chat with him to see if I can sort this out. It really buns me out that I might not be able to complete the 2015 set. :(

garybarth
12-10-2016, 12:35 AM
I think I'm "the guy". ;-)

Email me at Gary.barth@sony.com and I'll see what can be done.

G

BAD-WAYNE
12-10-2016, 06:27 AM
Oh, man, is that the Delsin Statue you're talkong about? That piece is gorgeous. I hope you got an exchange.

Now it's day 5 of trying to get the PSX cards and nothing. My case got elevated, whatever that means, and I got a case number. I don't have much hope of solving this problem at this point. :(

If you can remember the name of the guy, I'd love to have a chat with him to see if I can sort this out. It really buns me out that I might not be able to complete the 2015 set. :(

I did get a replacement and Gary Barth was the guy...thanks for jumping in Gary; can you help this guy out?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk