PDA

View Full Version : New Shadow of the Colossus statue

garybarth
01-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Hey All,

Thought you'd like to see a paint master pic of our new Shadow of the Colossus statue. Gaius is 15" tall and will most likely be polystone. I'm trying to have him shipped by May. At a $229-249 price point. This is the only SOTC statue being released in North America. I'll probably keep the run around 650 units

Thanks,
Gary

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/garybarth/D12F87F4-5944-45AA-B7E7-50D246EA2E41_1.jpg

Codreanu
01-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Looks nice! Would go great with my Kotobukiya colossus. :think:

g6t9ed
01-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Hey All,

Thought you'd like to see a paint master pic of our new Shadow of the Colossus statue. Gaius is 15" tall and will most likely be polystone. I'm trying to have him shipped by May. At a $229-249 price point. This is the only SOTC statue being released in North America. I'll probably keep the run around 650 units

Thanks,
Gary

Holy, hell yes! Gary, you have just made my year already!

Mar-l-Aoutat
01-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Very cool...I have been waiting for more shadow of the colossus statues for very long now.

''the only SOTC statue being released in North America''

Ahh...I just hope you make more...wander would be awesome!

Ayiu
01-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Statue is exclusively available at Gamestop.com (http://bit.ly/2nrpurR) for $249.99 USD. Limited to 750 units.

silverpen
02-07-2018, 02:12 PM
I'm really bummed there were no advertisements for this--not even a casual post by PlayStation on their Facebook page--as I've just learned about this statue and it's already sold out. And sadly, I'm sure a large majority of those pre-orders are from scalpers who will flip them on eBay.

g6t9ed
02-07-2018, 10:21 PM
I'm really bummed there were no advertisements for this--not even a casual post by PlayStation on their Facebook page--as I've just learned about this statue and it's already sold out. And sadly, I'm sure a large majority of those pre-orders are from scalpers who will flip them on eBay.

I don't know where you're looking at but this is still available at Gamestop.

silverpen
02-08-2018, 04:13 AM
I don't know where you're looking at but this is still available at Gamestop.

Thank you for letting me know. :) I've been refreshing the product page religiously since yesterday and saw the option to preorder earlier today and did. :) Now I can stop worrying. I'm guessing maybe GameStop cancelled preorders of scalpers who ordered something crazy like 10 of these.

Spect3r
02-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Thank you for letting me know. :) I've been refreshing the product page religiously since yesterday and saw the option to preorder earlier today and did. :) Now I can stop worrying. I'm guessing maybe GameStop cancelled preorders of scalpers who ordered something crazy like 10 of these.

I dont see why they would or should do something like that.
Its a free market, so unless the store states from the start that only X per person are allowed, there is no reason for them to cancel it.

People love to complain about scalpers but honestly i find it silly.

silverpen
02-08-2018, 02:14 PM
People love to complain about scalpers but honestly i find it silly.

Seriously? You legitimately don't see what scalpers do to be shady and morally wrong? Free market isn't the point here and that's evident by what so many other companies do: Limiting how many orders someone can place for limited or hot items. But you think this to be a fine thing to do?

Well, alright then, this is all I need to know about the perspective of hobby collecting of this forum.

Spect3r
02-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Seriously? You legitimately don't see what scalpers do to be shady and morally wrong? Free market isn't the point here and that's evident by what so many other companies do: Limiting how many orders someone can place for limited or hot items. But you think this to be a fine thing to do?

I have nothing against a company limiting the number a person can buy, but at the same time i cant be mad at someone that tries to make some money by buying a bunch and selling them later on.

We are not talking about Cancer drugs or something like that, is no life or dead so no i do not find it shady at all.

Well, alright then, this is all I need to know about the perspective of hobby collecting of this forum.

Of course, because im the voice of the thousands of members this forum has :facepalm:

silverpen
02-08-2018, 04:30 PM
It's absolutely not a good first impression to hear apologists for scalpers.

0329liuken
02-08-2018, 04:41 PM

I think it all depends on how you look at it.

I usually preorder 2-3 copies of each CE/LE from different retailers to avoid getting nothing because of cancellation. If none of them is cancelled, I usually offer my extra copies to my friends from this forum. If no one wants them, I’ll sell them on eBay. If I cancel them, other scalpers might get them and sell them on eBay, why let them make the money but not myself?

I think many people are doing this, but I won’t call myself a scalper. I don’t like people who order 20 copies of something and then sell them for twice as much. But to be honest I think they earned it because they spend their time on studying and following the news, if you truly like something, you should be following most stuff about it.

Spect3r
02-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Im no apologist, i just dont have nothing against them.

g6t9ed
02-08-2018, 11:00 PM

Glad you got your order in. I, myself, am surprised this was a GameStop only release as I thought, at least, the PlayStation store would carry it. I've been debating on whether I should get the First Colossi figure that was released overseas since it appears to not have a U.S. announcement.

Dreamcazman
02-08-2018, 11:02 PM

While I do not condone scalping of huge quantities, I think all of us are guilty of it to some degree.

If people are silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for things, that's their problem. On the plus side, if nobody buys it, the scalpers are stuck with it, there is usually only a certain period of time when an item is hot to sell.

defiler
02-11-2018, 11:55 PM
While I do not condone scalping of huge quantities, I think all of us are guilty of it to some degree.

If people are silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for things, that's their problem. On the plus side, if nobody buys it, the scalpers are stuck with it, there is usually only a certain period of time when an item is hot to sell.

Yeah, like lithographs. Some scalpers on Ebay ave been stuck with hundreds of extras that I see them finally liquidating now. The funnier ones are the ones I see with 5 year old lithos trying to sell for $250, when 99% of the others are like $20 on Ebay. lol

g6t9ed
07-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Hey Gary,

Do you know what the deal is with this release? I feel like I'm the only person to preorder this statue as no one is talking about when it's supposed to actually show up. I know it's been delayed and GameStop's website states it's supposed to be released today but when I called them, they say they don't know when it'll arrive.

Do you know what's up? I'd be happy to hear an actual update from the "horse's mouth" since I've been given the runaround these past few anxious weeks.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Edit: Just checked the website again, and now it says a release date of 07/27/2018. Let's hope this one sticks.

garybarth
09-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Hi Gang,

Sorry I’ve been radio silent for awhile. I’ve been slammed with projects, traveling to lots of shows and dealing with a death in the family. The SOTC is done and has been for quite awhile (they look amazing BTW). This was the first time my new vendor had worked with GameStop and they weren’t used to all the stringent compliance procedures (including a factory inspection), so it delayed things quite a bit, but I can assure you that they are all on a boat and on their way. We sent 30 units to Japan studio and they loved them. I’m really happy with the quality of samples on this product. So hang in there. I appreciate your patience.

Regarding the GameStop distribution issue, our gear store is going through a bit of a transition at the moment so for the SOTC statue, GameStop was the exclusive distributor. I can’t say for sure if that’s going to be an ongoing deal on all my statues. There are definite advantages of working with GameStop (including Intl sales) so we’ll see how things work out with my next statue for Days Gone. It’s designed and modeled by the game team and it’s going to be slightly larger in scale than my Kratos/Atreus statue. Here’s the early prototype on display at PAX:

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/garybarth/2E552A42-550D-484D-9D01-EB052C6D0E35.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/garybarth/BC7B8C6F-CA62-40F6-B4EF-F31BA8983159.jpg

Thanks!
Gary

Ayiu
09-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Hi Gang,

Sorry I’ve been radio silent for awhile. I’ve been slammed with projects, traveling to lots of shows and dealing with a death in the family. The SOTC is done and has been for quite awhile (they look amazing BTW). This was the first time my new vendor had worked with GameStop and they weren’t used to all the stringent compliance procedures (including a factory inspection), so it delayed things quite a bit, but I can assure you that they are all on a boat and on their way. We sent 30 units to Japan studio and they loved them. I’m really happy with the quality of samples on this product. So hang in there. I appreciate your patience.

Regarding the GameStop distribution issue, our gear store is going through a bit of a transition at the moment so for the SOTC statue, GameStop was the exclusive distributor. I can’t say for sure if that’s going to be an ongoing deal on all my statues. There are definite advantages of working with GameStop (including Intl sales) so we’ll see how things work out with my next statue for Days Gone. It’s designed and modeled by the game team and it’s going to be slightly larger in scale than my Kratos/Atreus statue. Here’s the early prototype on display at PAX:

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/garybarth/2E552A42-550D-484D-9D01-EB052C6D0E35.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/garybarth/BC7B8C6F-CA62-40F6-B4EF-F31BA8983159.jpg

Thanks!
Gary

Regarding international sales: Gamestop.com does no longer offer shipping to Europe due to the General Data Protection Regulation which took effect on May 25. So I'm sure there are a lot of people who will not be happy about exclusive Gamestop.com distribution rights. Just on a side note :wave:

Mar-l-Aoutat
09-02-2018, 03:50 AM
Nice to see it's on the way.

I truly hope you do NOT keep Gamestop as an exclusive distributor. Being in Canada I had to get my Kratos an Atreus statue from Sideshow as I kept having issues ordering from Gamestop.

First, their website blocks anyone who doesn't have an american IP adress, which makes it complicated for international buyers to access the store. They also prevent international customers from paying via paypal. Most of the time, they do not even offer shipping to international destination. I personally tried to check-out with 2 different canadian adresses, and they said it wasn't possible for them to ship the statue there, all tho the item listing does not specify that anywhere.
So, I tried to check-out with an address in the US. And still again, a bunch of problem, my credit cards being declined due to being international, from what I understand.

After all the hassle, I decided to buy from Sideshow. Much more simple.

Same thing happened when I tried to buy the SotC statue. But this time around no Sideshow option. So I had to pay someone in the US to buy the statue for me, and have it shipped to a forwarding servive in the US who will then re-ship it to me.

Which was very complicated.... :banghead:

If you want to keep Gamestop as a distributor, it's fine. But please do so that Sideshow also has some pieces for sale. So that international people can at least buy the statues.

garybarth
09-03-2018, 05:33 AM
Sorry, my bad. Blame it on late nights at PAX. You’re right, of course. Sideshow did the Intl shipping on the Kratos and Atreus statue. Okay, well, this is definitely something to consider. We are looking at Intl shipping options possibly with the new Gear Store, so that might possibly be an option. I’ll keep all this in mind, thanks!

Gary

Spect3r
09-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Sorry, my bad. Blame it on late nights at PAX. You’re right, of course. Sideshow did the Intl shipping on the Kratos and Atreus statue. Okay, well, this is definitely something to consider. We are looking at Intl shipping options possibly with the new Gear Store, so that might possibly be an option. I’ll keep all this in mind, thanks!

Gary

And we desperatly need you guys to get a Warehouse in EU so we dont have to keep paying on the order of hundreds of € of taxes on each statue :banghead:

golem216
10-10-2018, 09:01 PM
For anyone that doesn't know, the statue is finally out. I got mine last week. Here are some pics:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DzRi6Ytp47-mtDswyRZ0LXWWwVdJXsvXWRloVVQJLbpGVRZFRD0Z8wHy_Z4SE cE75zFs0feCt-DKTxtzrNwcBG6UOSqjdOCyH7Yi8DgV2GhvQB8aJeZ7oKLUPGEE yeNNyY_gF3h1FVhh9n8eU-ap-dWHhhf7mDgywtPI7sxO3ZM0hpNiFCjDb76bfRpaVKa7CrCvlQN 7cVqoZj1BIH_7CLBwNUAHvc9nEI3Z8g4CIGjKA5DcECHVoHAff o7rrkekg16IU4BZ1bNsrgo_soMxC3XUwu9r9btxyWgjUnEnfL1 SOMkEVm3eZWGX28jvoLVYwjlrecfUH0QtODSRw00nxEHKacn7-ONWzwyJoLFfFkXbmkULfH8Evw4B-VnfYnc-0KACPB-umlX0fFLwKPOdD2SKga_5t0246SgG-OxTQq30KUKirIpg9uSTNMkpPGk05FJbzV-rzZEdRTZ5K1JV5esWAbPHz9ngZopnQ7ANFjwS9Gbk_6Uc1j_qy YcywWkjrOVnQ4w8l6F1SZz8sWv4FHXfyBX7kWflNNsfK_hAcDP MyXPNDPAEDQ7UVrbg64s8NtGsHMbEyAX_nAt4XSXBDYaEZ70Vr Tqa6P0FnHrlMW0dCCtjfLIqZ8zRvYLZQhMh=w820-h889-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9oCtP98xjfplY6cO9L6GmNdRel-FMuujGG8BrZVteNMaGxP00G8738U3QJY93eHyyRzpy5-Y_oXeLjOJTIRuUgYV-XBITsG8K5kfGK6RW5ofv1YvbxHnwa7sP3X0NXu3fFgTuJIrohl yfvjUVguSMx_5ECnriXk0dVOqJJWAlupTD1OIH46YkLCBtnuwg KFRAdd3onvsNB3yn_R_PoWXhpbuB8Ej3mIteH4xwTdRobiA7FO i5Qi4r5mb81wirdDaqyDrLNvmJQ5lPmxYr2IImPAuASGBjziry O5thgexpq7C12u5L9ll04Z26hJOBSKZevBQL0ZyYkbFDq3K9FQ RorqrkWJA38aAympEt8UvxvtM34zgBROXmOGk95r-nNhhnpzur2b72D_-WdioYf6SER1iiFUGHyPdObsR5dbiE_iWKucMmdUtvINoZanD5C xXmhDbE6N6B1W1eztyUBhWrBrM6jY2bySbES_sstXD1uWrDlf9 FqQeWqRDWB28eYLnslUmH6_wwo84qCo9sIb-bjEd-XQSAvVgjeN01KH3knDVudF41nGBVngRLQ-nZK7BwDxlDRGty0Gy6jj12YItVD_zHbQ-JYyilvw9obU_YY_UUIoMh6RilWnYDfOumvKT=w1581-h889-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6ciItGG_zlmsaFi6ULwe0yxxyqoc2y9-ql3WRPDTBOvfSU65ldyShRgkEV7r_xA0lZs5wHtIJCGTXTVQdA heGIORKU-esKXAKOW2VS2auAqoKP94tfXuHq8-q8HEuBN3K7Wy7h3HuE5R60rdrJJ-dUqyHNscqulaZu7ZnTt7ygXEHyCpioSjdSSnhao5wfcOlAtZc1 IcpRkAzOmA9pkzSTVBAuuxgn-pvdss1efTGGXAoDlhKzYFTRkXP-NtpKbU1XQrusqqhQsdntVudxEJce4zM9XtB2zSdb5O874FI6or ea-6o-Tkj8AaP-7PX8tQyv4PS20lRYxupkZ9BlprWqbj2B28RFN2UnMdJ5i0-4MhZmo3EbuCs0vyfLhwvXkR1-OcxmZnpCiDXXoa6KNIz_eiZp6T0piBACKz46fNoZchRbxyLG6s DfN_97_GQ1uABVrb5VwZWas0iuwAQtK20AWFJK5yXxj3rntX_1 nf_qJfngMBK4aYd_05MauOGJDkPd4XsKSPfRmuA3HtxO--nSt1Tr2bAvjksuCo0OBypbkrW2u7mUw92saubDySYDhXFFnUMZ MdyMHTQHOkojZ3ttb-GZDTn8HMZaW7P2c430gNDhA5_o_9t0xIPwW8f0cJ=w501-h889-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/F47M-ME5PTxrpn9pwBHCnICayRjAh9eJxwU55PCuhtlU3ec23drRpTL YTWInZMTL60-mC3zUMO40RBO6pa91HNH-izjFM_obxv8f-ypfzd4Ek461s63b8A3dddwBmyCTWYExTUXl7GvOlB9es9XqB31 K8n8iRHpnsIlqO_dCyfUxLqSwf_UGdB-X5CyFtmFo9DrGxfhUdGSVDApV81W9aILSv8e2x3LusKAzBy0eB fYaG5KsyOrpC_R5hqjoqce9L1UV_x9gRKUreZoiK7CmZWzWLHV 5ALnEz4O8jChBVxDaf1FskTlqk_4aFYAnQvWpQzix-nHdJhKw27AwfVwoDw5dMvAR5qZSOHFpM8SwVy6fOXSxLTBsKva qyIUqpMNxu8BbsRdxcEvVyomKM8P4PhZOXTpk_WssX-SJmsZCJuRemuc1soxtu1v4V9KKr51KYxVQWPQqYFQ6ULbEHO4N eZ4rjPnUn1UjZ3xKAOvDIqY9Wmu3X2rdCGf8HW-AZrjp4bdUguDqb4uWn_QbYtA_OB3iy92-d7iWMG8Dm8NJth1_AEOWDJvWBbJgyQcZSdTF-fiZnzsSNVMSy2UZep1M4bfe0pwtwpfGdnwSJ_0DySIJmETJhSB uFjAhZ4wgr3xs=w1581-h889-no

golem216
10-25-2018, 02:44 PM
GameStop.com has the statue on sale for the next week for $187.49.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/shadow-of-the-colossus-gaius-statue-only-at-gamestop/158361

Mar-l-Aoutat
10-28-2018, 03:43 AM
GameStop.com has the statue on sale for the next week for $187.49.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/shadow-of-the-colossus-gaius-statue-only-at-gamestop/158361

That's hell worth it. Bought mine full price but I don't regret. I really hope they make Agro and Wander at some point.

I also took some pictures, plus my review for those interested.

btw anyone got this and had the worst time of his life trying to take the foam out? It was stuck there and was breaking into pieces

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b5/1c/b7/b51cb71316f80ddce02331f4c5d563e8.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/86/cd/b086cd3ed7743ee9e29abefc7ad892ef.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/ac/4b/20ac4b6b0bcd836dbffdc24b756f7c6e.jpg
B4b2Vn8Zsig