PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 5 Thaiwan Exclusive Steelbook

L1Slayer
02-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, just found this listing on eBay:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/233129668281

It's from the same dude some of us bought the exclusive RE2 Taiwan steelbook.
(135$ for the Game, Steelbook, 6 Postcards and a Slipcase for everything)

Since the game isn't out yet, I hope one of us can manage to find it cheaper somewhere.
Edit: Found a store that's selling it, but it seems to be already sold out :/ : https://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=24953
(Should cost around 65€/73$ and seems to be only available for PS4. They don't offer this bundle with Xbox)

Pics: (sorry for the crappy quality. couldn't find any other than from his eBay auction so quickly)

https://i.imgur.com/ssQLf3l.png
https://i.imgur.com/JQDULcd.png
https://i.imgur.com/B3auC8g.png

Twisted
02-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Thank you for sharing the info with us..Japan GEO has a variant steelbook as well.

Gunmaster51
02-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Man, Geo was tough enough. I hope Taiwan doesn't regularly start selling steelbook editions lol.

riva128
02-12-2019, 12:55 AM
It is from the same publisher of RE2 in Taiwan.
This publisher could be the second GEO.

defiler
02-12-2019, 01:49 AM
Man, Geo was tough enough. I hope Taiwan doesn't regularly start selling steelbook editions lol.
Taiwan won't. Maybe the Republic of China will though:tomato:

Skuld
02-12-2019, 02:39 AM
This could be a GEO's challenger. :P

A nice looking steelbook, by the way.

Nic91
02-12-2019, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure to take Taiwan or Eu version with steelbook. But I am for sure taking GEO steelbook for this title.

L1Slayer
02-12-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure to take Taiwan or Eu version with steelbook. But I am for sure taking GEO steelbook for this title.

If you want to grab GEOs, I would recommend grabbing the EU Version as well.
Saves you a lot of money and you basically get all Artworks (to a certain degree of course).

TDream
02-27-2019, 10:24 PM
Is the artwork inside the geo steelbook the same like the taiwan one? If it is then I don't see the point in getting that one.

Nic91
02-28-2019, 12:47 AM
They didnt show the inside artwork of geo steelbook. I have no idea. I am getting all 3 variations. Grabbed the taiwan and geo first. Europe steelbook after release only look for it.

TDream
03-15-2019, 06:02 PM
They are selling out so fast, even with that high price tag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233168080607

Steelbook even looks almost like the EU one.

L1Slayer
03-15-2019, 06:06 PM
They are selling out so fast, even with that high price tag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233168080607

That offer is not just the steelbook. You also get the game and postcards.
Would be insane if it were just for the steelbook.

TDream
03-15-2019, 06:22 PM

Most people do get it for the steelbook though. You can get the game much cheaper now and those postcards are not worth much.

L1Slayer
03-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Most people do get it for the steelbook though. You can get the game much cheaper now and those postcards are not worth much.

Of course. Just wanted to point out that the price is that high, not because they try to totally rip off people, but because you get all that stuff too. :)

Stefanos
03-15-2019, 07:38 PM

There as a several differences between EU and TW Steelbook of the Game.

1) Different background images (behind the characters).
2) TW have the logo of the Game in both sides EU not.
3) Completely different image inside.

Spect3r
03-15-2019, 08:30 PM

Ah, why would it be insane?
There are steelbooks (only steelbooks) selling for double and more, so...?

Stefanos
03-15-2019, 09:24 PM

I totally disagree, a SteelBook only with price over 100+ euro it's very expensive, a logical price must start from around 15 euro to 50 max! Also the quality of these in the latest releases has dropped dramatically (many manufacturing problems).

Spect3r
03-15-2019, 09:32 PM
I totally disagree, a SteelBook only with price over 100+ euro it's very expensive, a logical price is around 50 euro +/- . Also the quality of these in the latest releases has dropped dramatically (many manufacturing problems).

I didnt said i agreed or disagreed, i just said what happens in the market.
It is not that unusual for steelbooks to be sold at 200€ and more

SBCollectorAl
03-15-2019, 09:43 PM
It is not that unusual for steelbooks to be sold at 200€ and more

Especially if they were Spain, Belgium or Netherlands exclusive and Stickerbooks.

Stefanos
03-15-2019, 09:45 PM

Ok then :) i thought you thought it was reasonable to be sold in that prices (fixed)

L1Slayer
03-16-2019, 12:01 AM

I could understand a price of 100+ for a steelbook that is basically not for sale anymore and has rarely listings on eBay.
For example some "very rare" Final Fantasy steelbooks. But DMC5 just came out and it's not like you can't find this particular one anymore.
So I certainly wouldn't pay so much, if it were just for the steel on it's own.

Spect3r
03-16-2019, 12:09 AM
I could understand a price of 100+ for a steelbook that is basically not for sale anymore and has rarely listings on eBay.
For example some "very rare" Final Fantasy steelbooks. But DMC5 just came out and it's not like you can't find this particular one anymore.
So I certainly wouldn't pay so much, if it were just for the steel on it's own.

The Last Of Us Taiwan Edition Steelbook still sells for 175/200€ (sealed with game)
Yakuza Kiwami 2 GEO steelbook still sells for 120€ (unsealed with out game)
GOW Omega Edition still sells for 80€ (open with games)

And these arent even the most expensive ones, just using them as an example as why i dont think is surprising that this particular steelbook ends up selling at 120€ just the steelbok.

L1Slayer
03-16-2019, 12:17 AM
The Last Of Us Taiwan Edition Steelbook still sells for 175/200€ (sealed with game)
Yakuza Kiwami 2 GEO steelbook still sells for 120€ (unsealed with out game)
GOW Omega Edition still sells for 80€ (open with games)

And these arent even the most expensive ones, just using them as an example as why i dont think is surprising that this particular steelbook ends up selling at 120€ just the steelbok.

I get your point. But these games, while certainly not old, weren't just released a month ago. So I can understand it. DMC is so fresh, that paying 100+ for a steel would be really something.
But to be honest, I would understand it if someone still does it. :)

fanfare19
03-16-2019, 04:01 AM
I totally disagree, a SteelBook only with price over 100+ euro it's very expensive, a logical price must start from around 15 euro to 50 max! Also the quality of these in the latest releases has dropped dramatically (many manufacturing problems).

For me, the most pricey steel (only) I've ever bought was $175, and the most pricey steel I've ever sold was $150 so this won't surprise me at all.

By the way I bought this TW edition on ebay and it arrived today and looks great. I totally love it.

Nic91
03-16-2019, 04:17 AM
TLOU Taiwan steelbook? You mean the PS3 TLOU steelbook can fetch that much if is sealed?
I bought my own Taiwan DMC5 Steelbook edition (with STANDARD edition game) for 100USD.

Spect3r
03-16-2019, 10:51 AM
TLOU Taiwan steelbook? You mean the PS3 TLOU steelbook can fetch that much if is sealed?
I bought my own Taiwan DMC5 Steelbook edition (with STANDARD edition game) for 100USD.

Yes, it can.
Its a highly uncommon steelbook

Skuld
03-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Would be nice if the steelbook is sold separately. Not really interested on the game and postcards.

TDream
03-17-2019, 02:51 PM
There as a several differences between EU and TW Steelbook of the Game.

1) Different background images (behind the characters).
2) TW have the logo of the Game in both sides EU not.
3) Completely different image inside.

Front artwork is pretty much the same compared with the EU Steel. Only diff is the logo and the artwork is a bit moved up, to make space for the capcom logo.

Back artwork is the same as well. Only diff is the logo again. Backgrounds do look the same to me as well.

The inside is diff like you mentioned but you gonna see the inside almost never again...

I only did buy the EU and JAP versions since the Taiwan ver isn't really worth it imo. The RE2 RE steel from Taiwan was pretty damn good though.

Nic91
03-19-2019, 09:14 AM
But the Taiwan look nice as well. If I have extra, would anyone willing to swap their EU version steelbook with me? https://i.imgur.com/gLFrw6b.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Bw732mp.jpg

TDream
03-19-2019, 11:05 AM
But the Taiwan look nice as well. If I have extra, would anyone willing to swap their EU version steelbook with me?

I send you a message. I have two of the EU Steelbook.

EDIT:

The Devil May Cry 5 Deluxe Edition SteelBook (Limited Edition) is sold out on Amazon, Otto and in the online store of Saturn. Guess it really is limited.

Gunmaster51
03-19-2019, 05:51 PM
The Xbox version is still available on Game and Amazon.de

L1Slayer
03-19-2019, 08:36 PM
That Tai Steelbook looks great. Can't wait for mine to arrive and compare it to the EU and GEO ones. :)

Nic91
03-20-2019, 04:23 AM
It's because they have discount few days after release date, I think they sell for 62euro or something like that for both ps4 and xboxone edition, next day when I want to buy it, sold out.