PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Megadrive Mini

LAURA
03-31-2019, 02:50 AM
SEGA Megadrive Mini pre-order now on Amazon ES

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81siwUwua0L._SL1500_.jpg

79.99€
Amazon ES (https://www.amazon.es/Koch-Media-SEGA-Megadrive-Mini/dp/B07NVMYB7K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?qid=1553996790&s=videogames&sr=1-186&linkCode=ll1&tag=mouti0102-21&linkId=a9cbf8f8bad6b7c948b7e7e342f6e0ec&language=es_ES)

Amazon DE (https://www.amazon.de/Atlus-SEGA-Mega-Drive-Mini/dp/B07NVMYB7K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_p=5c987ea6-26af-523d-913a-b9a7f56c6caf&pf_rd_r=9Z9K2G8JTBPMT122K3TG&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=101&ref_=nav_ya_signin&pf_rd_i=300992&_encoding=UTF8&&linkCode=ll1&tag=htttwicomsha-21&linkId=cf6def47950a6a696fd3742ca2dddbce&language=de_DE)

Follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SHACKA1985)

Twisted
03-31-2019, 06:04 AM
Thank You for showing this picture of the box art...and the links..i really like that artwork because i'm a HUGE!!! SONIC!! :D FAN!

LAURA
03-31-2019, 01:10 PM
UP on Amazon UK

Amazon UK (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Mega-Drive-Electronic-Games/dp/B07NVMYB7K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=mega+Drive+mini&qid=1554034072&s=gateway&sr=8-16&linkCode=ll1&tag=htttwicomsh0f-21&linkId=5651de1c4f0e99dc7c930be644ff5011&language=en_GB) £69.99

defiler
03-31-2019, 10:25 PM
Seems weird that they are releasing this, when they already had a Sega classic console like this out for years...

Twisted
04-01-2019, 11:25 AM
i hope SEGA will wise up and give us a dreamcast version..that would be soo LIT!!! :D

Spect3r
04-01-2019, 12:52 PM
I actually might buy it just to play Shinning Force.

defiler
04-02-2019, 12:59 AM
I actually might buy it just to play Shinning Force.

The old version came with Shining Force also... would probably be easier/quicker to get.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drive-Classic-Retro-Console-Built/dp/B00K2CXNPU

Spect3r
04-02-2019, 09:52 AM
The old version came with Shining Force also... would probably be easier/quicker to get.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drive-Classic-Retro-Console-Built/dp/B00K2CXNPU

Oh and it has I and II, i did not knew that.

defiler
04-03-2019, 01:16 AM
Oh and it has I and II, i did not knew that.

No problem. The old Mega Drive was actually sort of fun; I bought one for my kid and I think I ended up playing it more. Wireless controllers suck at times if you play it a ton, but in the end it worked well enough that Sega shouldn't have a need to release this new version....

Dreamcazman
04-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Seems weird that they are releasing this, when they already had a Sega classic console like this out for years...

What, the rubbish clone systems that AtGames released?

defiler
04-03-2019, 03:35 PM
What, the rubbish clone systems that AtGames released?

Have you actually played it, or just read the reviews?

Sure, the sound sucks on some of the emulated games, but the gameplay doesn't suffer at all on all the games I've played on it (other than Sonic 2 which had some issues with the resolution) and other than lack of HDMI the thing does as it's designed to.

Dreamcazman
04-04-2019, 04:56 AM
Have you actually played it, or just read the reviews?

Yes, I had one of their MD systems, not anymore thankfully...

Even still, I've owned enough hardware in my life to know that the stuff AtGames make is crap, cheap crap.

Spect3r
04-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Yes, I had one of their MD systems, not anymore thankfully...

Even still, I've owned enough hardware in my life to know that the stuff AtGames make is crap, cheap crap.

So, i should wait for this new one instead?

Dreamcazman
04-04-2019, 01:59 PM
So, i should wait for this new one instead?

Yes, this one is made by Sega themselves, or go for the Analogue Mega Sg.

Spect3r
04-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Yes, this one is made by Sega themselves, or go for the Analogue Mega Sg.

They only ship from USA... custom taxes and shipping would kill me... i think i will wait for the Sega release, thanks anyway :)

Twisted
04-22-2019, 09:03 AM
some nice quality titles being announced for the MegaDrive Mini including 3rd party Disney games like Castle of Illusion with Mickey Mouse and the sequel with Donald Duck..Sega said, that there still saving the best for last! when it comes to additional upcoming game announcements...this might end up being a real nice quality project, maybe along the lines of the SNES mini as opposed to the junk PS1 mini...i really hope sales wise it's gang busters, so it encourages SEGA to maybe do a DreamCast Mini...i guess it's plausible if this MegaDrive sells' like hot cakes!

Dreamcazman
04-22-2019, 10:10 AM
some nice quality titles being announced for the MegaDrive Mini
I'm just curious to know how long it'll take until the system is hacked so people can put their own ROMs on it.

defiler
04-23-2019, 04:19 AM
so it encourages SEGA to maybe do a DreamCast Mini...i
I'd totally be down for some Glover on a Dreamcast Mini:ok:

Twisted
04-28-2019, 06:11 AM
i personally feel like if this thing exceeds sales expectations, and people snap them up! then why would sega rest on their laurels? and not give us like a dreamcast mini?..you can tell, SEGA want's there mini to be a success, because they are carefully choosing titles, and the list so far is mostly quality desirable games.

Spect3r
04-28-2019, 08:34 PM
i personally feel like if this thing exceeds sales expectations, and people snap them up! then why would sega rest on their laurels? and not give us like a dreamcast mini?..you can tell, SEGA want's there mini to be a success, because they are carefully choosing titles, and the list so far is mostly quality desirable games.

They have to Golden Axe on this mini genesis though

Twisted
04-29-2019, 08:55 AM
i think they've only announced "half" of the titles correct?..the first 20 have been mentioned, one of the Youtuber "influencers" was saying that his sources at SEGA told him that there saving the best for last! so maybe we will see Golden Axe but i also want the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Genesis game too!! that's the one i'm waiting on! along with Super Monaco GP 2!!!

Spect3r
06-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Full game list, 42 in total:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Ecco the Dolphin
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Space Harrier 2
Shining Force
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Machine
Toe Jam & Earl
Comix Zone
Altered Beast
Gunstar Heroes
Castle of Ilusion
World of Illusion
Thunder Force III
Super Fantasy Zone
Shinobi III
Streets of Rage 2
Earthworm Jim
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Contra: Hard Corps
Landstalker
Golden Axe
Beyond Oasis
Ghouls & Ghosts
Megaman: The Wily Wars
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Phantasy Star IV
Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition
Sonic Spinball
Vectorman
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Light Crusader
Strider
Dynamite Headdy
Columns
Eternal Champions
Road Rash II
Kid Chameleon
Monster World IV
Alisia Dragoon
Virtua Fighter 2
Darius
Tetris

defiler
06-05-2019, 08:01 PM
For all that Sega had to choose from, they managed to pick only about a dozen good games; most of those weren't anything special. Seems like a huge letdown on the games they could have picked.

Spect3r
06-05-2019, 08:14 PM
For all that Sega had to choose from, they managed to pick only about a dozen good games; most of those weren't anything special. Seems like a huge letdown on the games they could have picked.

You actually managed to find 12 good games?
I cant find more than 5 or 6 lol

I will wait for this to go on sale, no way i will pay full price for this.

defiler
06-08-2019, 04:09 PM
You actually managed to find 12 good games?
I cant find more than 5 or 6 lol

I will wait for this to go on sale, no way i will pay full price for this.
I was being generous :beer: The only ones I think are worthwhile are these:

Sonic The Hedgehog - OK, but Sonic 2/3 were the really good games.
Shining Force - not a fan myself, but many people like it
Streets of Rage 2
Earthworm Jim
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Golden Axe
Megaman: The Wily Wars
Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition
Sonic Spinball
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Road Rash II

I think they dropped the ball leaving out Sonic 3.

Twisted
06-09-2019, 09:37 AM
MoonWalker Micheal Jackson would have been a good game, as a fitting legacy tribute to him...i would of loved to see MUSHA on the US version..that is odd to me.SEGA must of known, it's got a cult following in the US..and is known as one of the most sought after rarer games for the US..lastly, ...NHL 94 or Super Monaco GP2 should have been on it too i think! OUTRUN especially!!!!!!!!! the original Ferrari one..that's an ICON!