PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Collector’s Edition

Codreanu
04-19-2022, 03:53 PM
Full Game Name: Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Edition Name: Collector’s Edition
Platform(s): Switch
Region(s):
Publisher:
Release Date: 2022-07-29
Price (RRP): tba
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
Link(s) to source(s):
Other Info/Pics:
https://jpgames.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Collectors-Edition.jpeg?x92666

Will be available exclusively via My Nintendo Store

Codreanu
04-19-2022, 06:12 PM
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/BC_HAC_R_AZ3HA.html

Apparently the game will be shipped separately on release day, while the contents of the Collector's Edition will only be shipped in autumn 2022.

I don't know if that applies to the rest of the world and if that's the reason for the MyNintendoStore exclusivity.

Twisted
04-21-2022, 05:29 AM
That's so ridiculous sounding! Codreanu! i can't believe it myself!! that also means NO one will have a "sealed" "minty" copy of the Collector's set..AND most likely their won't be any special rear cover art as in previous Nintendo Collector's edition releases...on the other hand, what if Nintendo did a RE-RELEASE!!?? in the fall season with everything together sealed inside? for those that wait until that time of year in order to try to grab the collectors' edition, if this "piecemeal" type collector's edition holds true for the west, then i think it will be a SLOW seller of a Collector's edition and NOT sell out as fast as typical Nintendo Collector's Edition's do!

Twisted
04-21-2022, 05:31 AM
In addition to my previous comments, a lot of people will have also FINISHED the game and LOSE hype and interest in the additional swag since the game would have been out for several months by then, and people will move along to the next big blockbuster!

Codreanu
05-18-2022, 03:34 PM
Several European MyNintendoStores are now pointing out that the CE content will not be sent until autumn 2022.

Dymblos
05-18-2022, 04:10 PM
when will be the preorder? O_o

Codreanu
05-18-2022, 04:16 PM
Preorders are currently only available in Japan. Check if MyNintendo offers a preorder email notification signup in your country.

Twisted
05-19-2022, 01:05 AM
i prefer "sealed collecting" when and if i purchase Collector's editions..so this is a bit of a disappointment for me as it will probably be like an "open box" item..no point for Nintendo to seal it if they are selling it directly and the "most valuable" item being the game will NOT be inside of it.

bluenote
06-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Any luck pre-ordering? I got to the product page, but clicking the pre-order button is not working…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenote
06-08-2022, 05:07 PM
I think I lost my window, pre-purchase button is now greyed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExMajik
06-08-2022, 09:03 PM
I don't think you did. It hasn't worked for anyone all day. I have yet to see anyone confirm a order. The website has had constant issues all day.

Namzor
06-30-2022, 06:25 AM
Special Editions back on sale on Thursday morning June 30th. 1 per account

Twisted
06-30-2022, 07:25 AM
i will try tomorrow for the first time, but are they going to allow the people who did get through check out in the first round to keep up to 2?..because most of those people will most likely keep one and scalp one i would suspect.

ExMajik
06-30-2022, 10:56 PM
Well, after 3 weeks you would have thought Nintendo would have had some sort of plan or maintenance on the web servers to handle the traffic they knew to expect.

I was there the minute pre-orders went live and it still took me 2 hours to get my order through.

Venger
06-30-2022, 11:30 PM
It was pretty much another routine Nintendo mess but I did get mine successfully ordered and got the confirmation email finally. I was in the queue for like an hour to get it in my cart and then another 20 minutes or so to get sent to checkout. Once on the checkout page it was fine, but jeez.

Thankfully I was working anyway and just had the queue window open since it took so long to let me through.

Lee Akira
07-01-2022, 12:05 AM
It took me a few hours, while using 4 different devices but finally got my copy. It was such a pain in the butt, but is done. I can continue to have all the special editions of Xenoblade chronicles.

Raven
07-18-2022, 02:30 PM
https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1549002942933516288?s=21&t=oa6AavRQgqX4Ai5XB8Hmtg

Due to unforeseen logistical challenges, we are unable to open pre-orders for the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Collector’s Edition before the game launches on July 29th. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

To give customers the flexibility to purchase and enjoy the game at launch, we will now be offering the contents of the Collector’s Edition (soft cover concept art book, steel case and outer box packaging) as a separate purchase at a price that does not include the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 software.

This means you can buy the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 game when it launches on July 29th, and have a chance to pre-order the Collector’s Edition contents on My Nintendo Store later in September.

For those in the Europe

Vlad
10-12-2022, 12:01 PM
Outstanding. E-mail confirms it's live for pre-order, I get to the very end stage and the Nintendo website just all 404's.

I don't want to be all dramatic but I think this (relatively little) £30 straw was the one that's broken the camel's back and I'm done with collector's editions; these days they're usually really pricey and a complete mess and a joke to deal with as scalpers have totally destroyed the market while companies do only the bare minimum to combat it. There's just no fun to the collecting for me anymore when it feels like every single thing is a big race competing for the privilege of buying something because you're a fan.

Dymblos
10-12-2022, 01:26 PM
Outstanding. E-mail confirms it's live for pre-order, I get to the very end stage and the Nintendo website just all 404's.

I don't want to be all dramatic but I think this (relatively little) £30 straw was the one that's broken the camel's back and I'm done with collector's editions; these days they're usually really pricey and a complete mess and a joke to deal with as scalpers have totally destroyed the market while companies do only the bare minimum to combat it. There's just no fun to the collecting for me anymore when it feels like every single thing is a big race competing for the privilege of buying something because you're a fan.

Since when the nintendo store is down?

Vlad
10-12-2022, 02:20 PM
Since when the nintendo store is down?

Around about 7 minutes after the collector's edition went live until now when it's still down.

I got the e-mail at 1132 and by 1139 it was down.

Dymblos
10-13-2022, 12:03 AM
website is up
but the collector edition is not even listed :V

Raven
10-14-2022, 11:20 AM
Back up, listed and available for pre-order if anyone want it