PDA

View Full Version : Is Geo not doing steelbook anymore?

lain11644
04-28-2022, 02:04 AM
The last one they did must have been Shin Megami Tensei V or something, and that was also available in the US. Aquaplus announced the new Utawarerumono game yesterday and the Geo preorder bonus was clear file folder :think: I know not everyone likes their steelbooks, but it's still kind of disappointing.

riva128
04-28-2022, 02:14 AM
the last one is ghostwire tokyo.

lain11644
04-28-2022, 02:21 AM
the last one is ghostwire tokyo.

Hmm I usually search for "steelbook" (in Japanese of course but can't type here) on ec.geo-online.co.jp but nothing came up. I wonder why.

riva128
04-28-2022, 03:53 AM
Hmm I usually search for "steelbook" (in Japanese of course but can't type here) on ec.geo-online.co.jp but nothing came up. I wonder why.

I asked them same question when pre-ordering the ghostwire.
see their reply.

https://i.imgur.com/kgvbOgu.png

Twisted
04-28-2022, 04:14 AM
i am a fan of GEO steelbooks as well..they were on a roll up until the Pandemic hit!?..i personally thought GEO was pumping out some of the most beautiful steelbook designs in the world!...i have also noticed they tend to shy away!? from steelbooks..i mean. they do offer them now..but it seems like on rear occasions as opposed to an expectation by their customers..i bet it has something to do with "hyper-inflation" and the rising costs and probably steelbook delaying production etc...so maybe GEO thought the costs did'nt make that much sense..except in a handful of cases!?..i realy do miss them as well!!...they were some of the best looking ones ever!

Spect3r
04-30-2022, 12:24 PM
The last one they did must have been Shin Megami Tensei V or something, and that was also available in the US. Aquaplus announced the new Utawarerumono game yesterday and the Geo preorder bonus was clear file folder :think: I know not everyone likes their steelbooks, but it's still kind of disappointing.

Search for "??????????"
But I can tell you right away, that even in Japan, the number of Ghostwire steelbooks is very very low

Edit: FML doesn't show Japanese language when I post here