View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed steelbook

ArtisticMercury
12-04-2023, 04:01 PM
I saw this on Facebook, does anyone know where it from or is this authentic?

Thanks,

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

luckos
12-04-2023, 04:03 PM
Which one dude? Share a link or upload a photo

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

ArtisticMercury
12-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Which one dude? Share a link or upload a photo

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I must have posted before finishing uploading the picture. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231204/82fc324df441f8e0243e49dd59ce5ace.jpg

jianhang
12-04-2023, 04:42 PM
I know this. This is a gift from a Kickstarter project I backed. Creator claimed this is an authentic Scanavo steelbook licensed by Ubisoft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted
12-04-2023, 08:12 PM
i have my doubts this is authentic meaning officially licensed by UBISOFT and not a "fan project" ..back when ASSASSINS CREED released originally SCANAVO was selling bundles of "blank steelbooks" on there website that anyone could purchase..that could be used for purposes of customization etc...that's roughly around 2011-2013 timeframe when SCANAVO was still in it's infancy and steelbook were somewhat of a niche item.

ArtisticMercury
12-04-2023, 08:17 PM
That's exactly what I was worrying about. The whole point of SteelBook collecting is about authentication, it will ruin my day if I find out a steelbook I've been excited about for a long time(and paid a lot) is a fan-made/fantasy box/ steelbooks(this is not a typo). I traced back to this Kickstarter campaign as mentioned above, and asked the creator about this steelbook's authentication. No response so far.
i have my doubts this is authentic meaning officially licensed by UBISOFT and not a "fan project" ..back when ASSASSINS CREED released originally SCANAVO was selling bundles of "blank steelbooks" on there website that anyone could purchase..that could be used for purposes of customization etc...that's roughly around 2011-2013 timeframe when SCANAVO was still in it's infancy and steelbook were somewhat of a niche item.

Twisted
12-04-2023, 08:39 PM
I just feel like if Ubisoft was willing to surrender the license to one of there biggest blockbusters, then they themselves would want to control it by selling it on the official Ubisoft store page or other official channels..i have doubts Ubisoft would "surrender" the Assassins Creed license to someone who must resort to Kickstarter for funding when Ubisoft is a billion dollar company and i will admit, this creator did a beautiful job with this design, but it's "overkill" in a lot of ways...and at the end of the day..Ubosoft's bean counters would have "toned it down" to cut some steelbook printing costs, because this steelbook has so much detailing to me it's obvious it was a passion project and not necassarily a corporate design because corporations always put costs and profits before anything else, and this steelbook looks like it was designed by someone who personally loves the franchise etc..which there's nothing wrong with that, but "officially licensed" and then not sold through Ubisoft store fronts but from a 3rd party Kickstarter and ONLY from this "creator" makes little to no sense to me when dealing with AAA releases.

Umbrellachef
12-04-2023, 09:46 PM
How much is it?
Why cats?
Never seen before…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

sinanspd
12-07-2023, 06:45 AM
How much is it?
Why cats?
Never seen before…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It is project where they create figures of each assassin imagined as a cat. I do believe this is a licensed collaboration with Ubisoft HOWEVER the steelbook is a stretch goal. Meaning it will only be produced if they get 160K in funding. They are at 29K right now and 18 days left. There is no way they are reaching that amount.

For the question of the price. IF it reaches the goal and the steelbook is produced, you need to buy the complete set figures to get the steelbook which is around 400$ USD

sinanspd
12-07-2023, 06:53 AM
I just feel like if Ubisoft was willing to surrender the license to one of there biggest blockbusters, then they themselves would want to control it by selling it on the official Ubisoft store page or other official channels..i have doubts Ubisoft would "surrender" the Assassins Creed license to someone who must resort to Kickstarter for funding when Ubisoft is a billion dollar company and i will admit, this creator did a beautiful job with this design, but it's "overkill" in a lot of ways...and at the end of the day..Ubosoft's bean counters would have "toned it down" to cut some steelbook printing costs, because this steelbook has so much detailing to me it's obvious it was a passion project and not necassarily a corporate design because corporations always put costs and profits before anything else, and this steelbook looks like it was designed by someone who personally loves the franchise etc..which there's nothing wrong with that, but "officially licensed" and then not sold through Ubisoft store fronts but from a 3rd party Kickstarter and ONLY from this "creator" makes little to no sense to me when dealing with AAA releases.

Last of Us Board game is officially licensed, it was launched on Kickstarter. The bar to acquire a license from any company is extremely low right now (with the sole exception of Square Enix). You can be a 2 men operation with a shitty tshirt printer and easily acquire a license from Playstation or Ubisoft. That's because they have nothing to lose when giving the license but everything to gain. You pay an upfront license fee that Playstation/Ubisoft/etc get to keep whether you end up producing the products or not. You bear the cost of production, storage (warehouse costs) and distribution, no risk on the licensor. You take the risk of product not selling. Since the licensor collects a fix percentage on products sold, if it sells, they get a hefty cut, if it doesn't they haven't put a single dime of their own money, still got to keep the license fee so the life goes on for them.

This generous licensing strategy is the sole reason why nobody puts any effort into product design anymore and 90% of the officially licensed products out there (for any IP) is absolute shit