PDA

View Full Version : How To Leave Feedback

twistedsymphony
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM
DO NOT create a "feedback thread", CE.o uses the iTrader feedback module which works similar to eBay feedback. If you've bought, sold, or traded with another member of CE.o you can leave each other feedback using iTrader.

How To View Feedback:
Every user has a "Feedback Score" that can be clearly seen below their post count on each of their posts. clicking the score will take you to their feedback screen where you can see detailed information about their feedback.

This screen is also available though a "Feedback Score" tab in every user profile page.

Scoring works similar to eBay's feedback system.

How To leave feedback:
(if you are the first person to leave feedback for the transaction)
You should only leave feedback once you consider your portion of the transaction complete.
To leave feedback go to a user's feedback screen then click the "Submit Feedback For " link.

To confirm the validity of the transaction you will need to provide the URL to the related marketplace thread here on the forum. You can use the same thread for more than one transaction. The only requirements are that thread must be in the marketplace and one of the parties in the transaction must have created the thread. If there is no related thread the you may use any existing thread that was created by one of the parties.

The URL should look like this: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2948

Of course you will also need to fill out other information if you were the buyer, seller, or if it was a trade. Whether you had a positive or negative impression, then a brief message describing why you left the feedback that you did.

If you are having trouble leaving feedback make sure you're following all of the rules on this checklist:

[U]ALL fields must be filled out
the "short description" and "additional details" fields must have at least 20 characters in them (please make it 20 characters of useful information)
the deal URL must be in this format: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=XXXX
the deal URL must point to a thread in either the "for sale", "want to buy" or "group buy" forums.
the deal URL must point to a thread that was started either by you or the person you're leaving feedback for.
the deal URL must point to a thread that is currently open (not "closed")

How To Return feedback:
(if someone else has already left you feedback for the transaction)
If the other party has already left you feedback for a transaction you may return feedback for that same transaction by viewing your own feedback screen find the feedback you received then click the "Leave Return Feedback" icon.

Using this method makes leaving feedback easier as most of the fields, such as the URL, will already be filled out for you.

Rules Regarding Feedback Moderation and Disputes:
A lot of times when negative feedback is left the moderation team will receive a complaint asking us to remove it. In general, these are the guidelines we use. This is not an exhaustive list, we look at every case in-detail before making a decision, but some decisions are clear cut-based on the parameters below.
1. In order for feedback to be valid a transaction must have taken place, either payment or an item must have been transferred from one party to another. Feedback based only on communication without anything changing hands is NOT valid and will be removed.

2. NEGATIVE feedback left for buyers is only allowed if they were sent an item and payment was never fully received. If payment was received in full but you had communication problems you may feel free to send NEUTRAL feedback, but negative feedback left in these situations is NOT warranted and will be removed.

3. Feedback should be left in a timely manor; once the transaction is concluded you should consider leaving feedback within a few days. In the event of a dispute feedback left weeks or even months after a transaction has concluded is considered highly suspect.

4. Any "retaliatory" feedback left is not allowed. If you left someone negative feedback because you're mad that they left you negative feedback, it will be removed and you will risk permanently losing marketplace privileges as a result.

If you have a legitimate complaint about feedback you've received: Please use the "report feedback" option. This will send an email notifying all moderators. Make sure you include as much detail as possible in your report, most of the time we have no idea what the feedback is for or any details about the transaction. The more information you provide the the faster and easier it will be for us to get back to you. It may take several days to get back to you because we want to make sure we fully understand the situation before we respond. Be patient! If you decide to take matters into your own hands and start slandering the other party publicly on the forums, threatening them over PM, or leaving them additional negative feedback then it generally looks very poorly on you, and we will consider your actions when making our decision.

Please reply here with any questions you may have about the iTrader feedback system.

Mandingo
12-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm loving this new feature. Well done.

gurpswoo1
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
+1 from me. Thanks very much

scourdx
12-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Great stuff.:banana:

foreverflash
09-04-2011, 05:18 AM
You can use the same thread for more than one transaction. This is the only thing I can't understand. If I made a wanted thread for say, Deus Ex, and someone replied willing to preorder, great; then I use that same thread as a link to when I use iTrader for feedback. I can't see an instance where I would want to use this thread again for anything other than what it was originally related to, Deus Ex. If there was some other game I wanted I'd create a new wanted thread. If I only did a transaction via PM then I could see maybe reusing an "unrelated" thread...Can you expand on this a bit more Symph?

twistedsymphony
09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Lets say you created a Want to buy thread and listed 5 games that you wanted to buy... and then you were contacted by 5 different people who had each of those games.

you don't need 5 threads you can use that same thread for all 5.

it's preferable that you'd only have 1 "active" thread at a time, so if you have multiple things you want or multiple things for sale you'd only create 1 thread instead of several.

AJLareneg
09-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm still wondering how I can leave feedback for transactions conducted entirely in PMs, and would middling an item for someone count as a feedback worthy transaction? Items/money has exchanged hands, even if it was not originally my item.

twistedsymphony
09-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm still wondering how I can leave feedback for transactions conducted entirely in PMs, and would middling an item for someone count as a feedback worthy transaction? Items/money has exchanged hands, even if it was not originally my item.

In the rare instance where neither you nor the other party have ever created a thread in the marketplace then simply make a "for sale" or "want to buy" thread (depending on whether you're the buyer or seller) and mark the item as sold or found. Then you can use that thread.

foreverflash
09-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks Symph. I will do my best to adhere to these guidelines. Sometimes it is necessary to have more than 1 thread though when you are "wanting" things or buying/selling/trading.

goonergaz
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
DO NOT create a "feedback thread", CE.o uses the iTrader feedback module which works similar to eBay feedback. If you've bought, sold, or traded with another member of CE.o you can leave each other feedback using iTrader.

How To View Feedback:
Every user has a "Feedback Score" that can be clearly seen below their post count on each of their posts. clicking the score will take you to their feedback screen where you can see detailed information about their feedback.

This screen is also available though a "Feedback Score" tab in every user profile page.

Scoring works similar to eBay's feedback system.

How To leave feedback:
(if you are the first person to leave feedback for the transaction)
You should only leave feedback once you consider your portion of the transaction complete.
To leave feedback go to a user's feedback screen then click the "Submit Feedback For " link.

To confirm the validity of the transaction you will need to provide the URL to the related marketplace thread here on the forum. You can use the same thread for more than one transaction. The only requirements are that thread must be in the marketplace and one of the parties in the transaction must have created the thread. If there is no related thread the you may use any existing thread that was created by one of the parties.

Of course you will also need to fill out other information if you were the buyer, seller, or if it was a trade. Whether you had a positive or negative impression, then a brief message describing why you left the feedback that you did.

The larger box is for additional detail.

[U]How To Return feedback:
(if someone else has already left you feedback for the transaction)
If the other party has already left you feedback for a transaction you may return feedback for that same transaction by viewing your own feedback screen find the feedback you received then click the "Leave Return Feedback" icon.

Using this method makes leaving feedback easier as most of the fields, such as the URL, will already be filled out for you.

Please reply here with any questions you may have about the iTrader feedback system.

This is great as I was just about to write instructions - but it needs to be a sticky (I assume it's not as I couldn't see it, I only found by searching)...

vhal_x
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Unless it's just been made a sticky since you posted Gaz, it is one :) xx

goonergaz
12-06-2011, 05:00 PM
:blackeye:

lol, might be because I was looking in the marketplace rather than for sales section - sorry :tomato::blush:

jazzmartini
12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
anyone can advise why i cant return a feedback but clicking on the return feedback icon?

it keep saying there an error with the deal details? which i not sure what is wrong? lol

appreciate any help thks

gurpswoo1
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Have to entered some text in the detailed box at the bottom, atleast a line.

jazzmartini
12-21-2011, 02:23 PM

lol ic thks so much for yr help

Masoom
02-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Hmm....

How to enter the following URL into leave feedback page!!....driving me craaaazy.

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7025&highlight=darkness&page=3

Keeps saying 'The deal URL is invalid!' Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

Believe me I've tried everything....

vhal_x
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Have both you and the seller commented in the thread? xx

Masoom
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm the seller and both buyers have commented....

gurpswoo1
02-17-2012, 03:33 PM

Sometimes that's a problem.

Masoom
02-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I have been entering text.

It's definitely the URL format. Any ideas what it should be like?

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7025&highlight=darkness&page=3

The above takes me to the deal but, should it be like:

http://www.collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7025&highlight=darkness&page=3

http://www.collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7025

Tried a few variations but none seem to work......

EDIT: Well, not definitely the URL. But, I entered a couple of lines of text and same problem.

gurpswoo1
02-17-2012, 05:38 PM
The problem is that you made a deal in the "found deal" section and not the "Fore Sale" section.

To make feedback you will have to create a thread in the "for sale" section.

Masoom
02-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh!! Thanks alot.

Sorry...

twistedsymphony
02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
yeah, no one should be posting their own items in Found Deals...

Found Deals is only for good pricing you happen to stumble upon. Thus, linking to any thread in that section does not count as a valid marketplace thread and is not valid for use with feedback.

Masoom
02-17-2012, 08:47 PM
yeah, no one should be posting their own items in Found Deals...

Found Deals is only for good pricing you happen to stumble upon. Thus, linking to any thread in that section does not count as a valid marketplace thread and is not valid for use with feedback.

It was more of a groupbuy thing for a found deal...suppose I should have had a link to a 'For Sale' thread if anyone was interested.

But, it was like the first thing I did on here after signing up a couple of days ago...

bob512
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I made a trade with another member. It's been well over 3 months and I never received the other member part of the deal. I tried contacting other member to see what happen but never got a reply back. Now my question is can I leave feedback even though the deal was never completed?

vhal_x
11-18-2012, 12:09 PM
As long as you have both posted within the same Marketplace thread (for sale, group buy or wanted thread), you can use that as your deal thread, and leave a Neg that way.

Who is the other member, if you don't mind me asking? Are they a regular, or have they disappeared xx

rapidly-greying
12-07-2012, 05:57 PM
I've been trying to give yoshi feedback but it keeps sayin something is wrong. I have went to the thread where the deal was done,copied the url at the top of the screen.

Its infuriating me,please help.

SwiftDeath
12-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I've been trying to give yoshi feedback but it keeps sayin something is wrong. I have went to the thread where the deal was done,copied the url at the top of the screen.

Its infuriating me,please help.

Is the deal url in the marketplace?

Specifically under items for sale or trade?

Mike1888
12-07-2012, 07:54 PM
This happened to me when this feature first came out. What I did then was copy the address into the additional comments section as well and it worked. Been doing that since, haven't had any issues.

rapidly-greying
12-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah its in the for sale and trade forum. I'll try mikes suggestion.

rapidly-greying
12-07-2012, 08:13 PM
This happened to me when this feature first came out. What I did then was copy the address into the additional comments section as well and it worked. Been doing that since, haven't had any issues.

Worked a treat mate. Thanks for that.

rapidly-greying
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Another question, how come my feedback score says 5 on my posts but really I have 9?

Mike1888
12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
It doesn't count as a point when the person has already left you feedback before.

rapidly-greying
12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Can you rescind feedback if you don't get any left in return?

Platfus
01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
I want to ask... I have received 10 feedbacks on iTrader yet, but when I wrote a post, it says only 8. Why? Thanks :v

NaughtyDogJames
01-20-2013, 05:35 PM
I want to ask... I have received 10 feedbacks on iTrader yet, but when I wrote a post, it says only 8. Why? Thanks :v

Amount of members as opposed to total left. I presume you have multiple feedback from atleast 1 member?

ThrakF
08-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Some negative feedback I left for a member who bought some items then completely ignored me when we got to payment has been removed?

mosavon
08-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Some negative feedback I left for a member who bought some items then completely ignored me when we got to payment has been removed?
As far as I see it you have left 4 feedbacks total, 3 positive and 1 negative. Which one isn't showing up?

ThrakF
08-21-2014, 11:53 PM
The negative one wasn't showing up before