PDA

View Full Version : Another user, another hello!

retro
12-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Guys!

I was referred to this site by a user of another forum, and thought I would sign up.

I've been collecting video games for many years, on many platforms, from ZX Spectrum and other home micros through all generations of consoles and even arcade machines!

Some time after getting my 360, I realized I had a few collector's editions, so I decided to start collecting them. I assume that the site owner is not a native of the UK, as the PAL 360 list is a bit patchy. I'll try and fill in the gaps for you when I have a spare moment ;)

Of course, the 360 wasn't the first console to have collector's editions! Will you be adding more consoles to the database? I can certainly help out there, too!

gurpswoo1
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Welcome to forum, interesting you state you have arcade machines. which ones do you have.

Mandingo
12-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Hello. Love your username. :D

retro
12-19-2010, 07:33 PM
The only dedicated cabinet I have at the moment is Chase HQ. I also have an Electrocoin cab running Pacland and a generic JAMMA cab.

What I forgot to mention was that I used to work in an indy games shop, so I knew of all the limited editions coming out at the time. I also probably still have a fair few issues of MCV, the trade weekly. Those will have release dates. Sadly, I don't think I have any trade lists any more, which would have had prices, too.

Mandingo
12-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Very impressive.

twistedsymphony
12-20-2010, 06:36 PM
:welcome:

You're correct that I'm not from the UK, I live in the states. Most of the non-US game in database are there thanks to the efforts of the collectors here who provide me with information, I'd love for the whole database to be as fleshed out as the US list, it definitely could be better.

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. :)

retro
12-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm sure I can provide at least some info, even for games already there with none. Pictures are certainly doable where they're missing, too.

Would you like me to put info in the relevant topic as linked at the bottom of each game, where the game exists?

I've noticed a few oddly formatted entries - I'll mention it in the corrections forum.

With regard to games not already on the list, should I just create a new topic for each in the Additions forum?

twistedsymphony
12-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm sure I can provide at least some info, even for games already there with none. Pictures are certainly doable where they're missing, too.

Would you like me to put info in the relevant topic as linked at the bottom of each game, where the game exists?

I've noticed a few oddly formatted entries - I'll mention it in the corrections forum.

With regard to games not already on the list, should I just create a new topic for each in the Additions forum?

anything related to adding or editing things in the game database I would prefer you put in the Additions and Corrections forum, also I usually prefer 1 topic per game (if there's a game with say 3 editions that are missing, you could put them all in 1 topic)

even if you end up creating 1000 threads this makes it easier for me to update and chip away at it when I have time.

Skoolstah
12-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Welcome! :)

scourdx
12-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/scourdx/Host/welcome.gif