PDA

View Full Version : Bulletstorm "Epic Edition" Announced

twistedsymphony
12-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Epic Games has recently announced an "Epic Edition" of their upcoming game Bulletstorm. The Epic Edition probably wont be of much interest to collectors, it is a "First Edition" type release that will cost the same as the Standard Edition. Included will be 25,000 bonus XP, as well as a bonus weapons and in-game armaments.

What might be of interest to gamers in general is the inclusion of access to the Gears of War 3 Beta. It seems that Epic is taking a page out of Crackdown's book by trying to encourage sales of this new franchise by bundling it with beta access to a much more popular and established franchise.

Gears of War 3 is scheduled for release sometime in September 2011 but if you can't wait that long you will be able to pickup Bulletstorm on Feburary 22nd. Currently the Epic Edition has only been announced for North America on the Xbox 360, but speculation suggests a European release may be announced soon.... View this article on the HomePage. (http://collectorsedition.org/3851/bulletstorm-epic-edition-announced)

Mandingo
12-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Gears of War 3 is scheduled for release sometime in September 2011 but if you can't wait that long you will be able to pickup Bulletstorm on Feburary 22nd.

While I don't care for the practice of including betas to sell different games, I do want to play Gears of War 3, so I'll probably get this.

twistedsymphony
12-24-2010, 03:48 AM
I'll admit, I bought Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta, but I ended up liking crackdown way more than Halo 3 so... who knows maybe Bulletstorm will be better than Gears 3?

Mandingo
12-25-2010, 04:35 AM
Haha. Yeah, I ended up liking Crackdown way better than Halo 3, too.