PDA

View Full Version : game help

fod
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
need someone in the uk so i can order games from game that over 1kg the wont deliver crysis 2 nano edition to ireland

evilvort3x
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
i could do it but do you have all the tax stuff like usa for sending to ireland?

gurpswoo1
04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Ireland is part of the European Union so there is no import taxes.

fod
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
sound for the help guys. contacted my local game yesterday where i had it preorder and they had my ps3 version in stock only one there shop recieved. spent the last 5 months badgering ea and game regarding there distrubution policy. where ea see ireland as been part of the uk and game or hmv are giving uk exclusive rights to certain games which does not include ireland but they seem to think it does. cutting long story short ea contacted game to have one sent to my local store...........great until i opened the box and the light dont work on my statue have to return the whole lot.........:hammer:

gurpswoo1
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
The Nano edition is an Online exclusive and is not intended for store sale.

Many stores that had pre-orders were only given 1, some even got nothing.

As I am keeping my sealed, I don't need to worry about the statue not working, but having one that does is a real kick in the teeth. Especially because of hassle you had to get it.

fod
04-08-2011, 04:07 PM
it is annoying alright. the worst of it all is many big game developers and retailers see ireland as been in the uk when we aint. no offence to anyone from the uk but were seperate country. play.com took ubisoft to court over gamestop in ireland selling the black edition of assaiasans creed as they had paid for exclusive rights worldwide. the problem was when they submitted there list of countries to ubisoft ireland wasnt on the list they persumed we were part of the uk. the lost there court case and gamestop sold the black edition. same thing happened with the codex edition. there is very few who sees us as been our country with noting to do with the uk. sorry for ranting it just annoys me

gurpswoo1
04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
LOL - Well I know Royalmail doesn't class you as UK. It cost 3 times as much to send small parcels over to you.

fod
04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
well eventually got some good out out of game..i was refunded by my store for my faulty crysis 2 nano edition to be told they would not send me a replacement as i had purchased instore..got an email today from a girl working in game and i have to buy a gift card put the value of the crysis 2 nano edition on the gift card and forward her the number and she will send the last crysis 2 nano edition they have to me. the price been 49.99 sweet

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Crysis-2-GAME-Exclusive-Nano-Edition/~r351771/?s=edition&d=1z13mmt

persistance pays off :bday:

gurpswoo1
04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
WOW congrats on the price. that's a steal.

Glad it all worked out.

fod
04-25-2011, 10:19 AM
just wondering if anyone can change something on the game database pls not been a **** here just seen you have the irish sackboy edition down as realesed in the uk. Ireland aint part of the uk folks it just annoys us the way every one assumes were part of the uk. its like branding someone from canada as american or portugese been spanish..:banghead:

gurpswoo1
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I think we can change it to Europe as it Ireland uses Euros.

Ayiu
04-29-2011, 10:23 PM
I think we can change it to Europe as it Ireland uses Euros.
I changed it to Europe :)