PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls

Collector's Edition
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
dark-souls-collectors-edition-360-ntsc

gurpswoo1
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
** Updated Description of both the PAL and NTSC version**

Specifically the DLC content for NTSC and the physical discs and digital guide for PAL.

gurpswoo1
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Another update and another downgrade I'm afraid.

The NTSC Collector's edition of Dark souls now has the mini stratergy guide as a digital download. Which means only the metal case and artbook remain from the original Collector's edition. I have updated the entry.

The PAL vesion remains unchanged

Source 1 (http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6843/dark-souls-collector-s-edition-slightly-downgraded-still-a-free-upgrade-from-select-retailers.html)

Source 2 (http://www.gamepur.com/news/5455-dark-souls-collectors-edition-downgraded-slightly.html)

vhal_x
09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
I had to cancel mine anyway, might still try and pick it up at a later date xx

gurpswoo1
09-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I had to cancel mine anyway, might still try and pick it up at a later date xx

Do you mean the NTSC version or the PAL version, I'm thinking that that the PAL version may be the more sort after version, espically considering the lack of phyical content of the NTSC release.

But I can also see collector's going for the Steelbook.

vhal_x
09-27-2011, 12:05 AM
It was the NTSC one I had preordered, where is the PAL one from? xx

vhal_x
09-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Wait is it the one from GAME? xx

mosavon
09-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Wait is it the one from GAME? xx

Its available at many retailers, mine is coming from tescoentertainment

gurpswoo1
09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
tescoentertainment

Good luck with that, tesco send me everything and I mean everything in a bubble wrap cover, no boxes there.

Ayiu
09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Is the US Edition already sold out? The Collector's Edition listing at Amazon.com leads me to the standard version of the game. Amazon.ca & Gamestop are not selling it anymore.

I can't believe it if it is true :nosleep:

Mike1888
09-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah its sold out at Gamestop.ca as well.

However, still available at good ol' Future Shop :)

evilvort3x
09-27-2011, 10:14 PM
well mine is at tesco entertainment too mainly cos it was 28 all in instead of 40... so we will see how it arrives :D if it is damaged i will ask them to send another and another until it is sorted

Lemur
09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
LOL guess what the Dark Souls Europe CE is already on sale in shops here. Street date broken by almost a week. :haha:

gurpswoo1
09-28-2011, 01:54 PM
LOL guess what the Dark Souls Europe CE is already on sale in shops here. Street date broken by almost a week.

LOL - I can imagine the online servers will not yet be available for this game.

Lemur
09-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Hmm I'm not sure about the online servers as this game has combined server worldwide and Japan has had this game released for a couple of weeks already.

I ordered my US CE from playasia so I gotta wait for them to send it next week :bday:

Ayiu
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
yea, but due to a dev. statement it is not playable before the official release date. All enemies will be lv 145 with the highest stats.

Solemn_In_Berlin
09-28-2011, 03:09 PM
yea, but due to a dev. statement it is not playable before the official release date. All enemies will be lv 145 with the highest stats.

That's for the online department though. The SP's still gonna be playable regardless.

Demon's Souls is one of the most melancholy action RPGs I've played in recent memory. It was my type of game: hardcore, atmospheric, dark, gloomy and gritty. Can't wait for its spiritual successor.

SquirrelRaper
10-04-2011, 05:19 AM
I just got back from picking up my 2 copies and I must say they are pretty awesome.

Anjelaoni
10-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Fu*k you Namco Bandai! Look at this, found at vg24/7:

The Collector’s Edition of Dark Souls has been modified somewhat from earlier announcements, with slightly disappointing results on both sides of the pond.

As noted by Joystiq in Namco Bandai UK’s unboxing video, the US version of the game will no longer receive the soundtrack CD, behind-the-scenes video, and mini-strategy guide in physical form – instead, this content will be made available in digital form via a download code.

In the UK, players will still receive a couple of discs with the digital content pre-loaded, but will miss out on the metal packaging available elsewhere.

According to Namco Bandai Australia, the local offering includes “everything”, except for the playguide, which is digital.

I can't believe this! Two days before release! :pooryou: :asplode: :jason: :snipe: :ninja: :bomb: :wtf:

Solemn_In_Berlin
10-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Fu*k you Namco Bandai! Look at this, found at vg24/7:

The Collector’s Edition of Dark Souls has been modified somewhat from earlier announcements, with slightly disappointing results on both sides of the pond.

As noted by Joystiq in Namco Bandai UK’s unboxing video, the US version of the game will no longer receive the soundtrack CD, behind-the-scenes video, and mini-strategy guide in physical form – instead, this content will be made available in digital form via a download code.

In the UK, players will still receive a couple of discs with the digital content pre-loaded, but will miss out on the metal packaging available elsewhere.

According to Namco Bandai Australia, the local offering includes “everything”, except for the playguide, which is digital.

I can't believe this! Two days before release! :pooryou: :asplode: :jason: :snipe: :ninja: :bomb: :wtf:

Isn't this old news? This was announced September 25th.

I know that it's disappointing, but to get an artbook and metal tin to go along with the game/ artbook, soundtrack and behind-the-scenes video along with the game for no extra cost is good enough for me. Especially since the game warrants the CE.

Ryaku
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
i want it :'( :'(

not release yet in France...

Anjelaoni
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Isn't this old news? This was announced September 25th.

I know that it's disappointing, but to get an artbook and metal tin to go along with the game/ artbook, soundtrack and behind-the-scenes video along with the game for no extra cost is good enough for me. Especially since the game warrants the CE.

Old news? Found it today and vg24/7 published it yesterday. I don't care if there is some digital bullsh*t in it, I want a complete CE, not this rip-off. I'm willing to pay a lot more to receive a proper CE. I think its a huge affront to any humble collector over the world. Damn you Namco Bandai! *shakes fist towards heaven* ah, whatever, it doesn't change anything. :shrug:

Anjelaoni
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
i want it :'( :'(

not release yet in France...

Do you need someone to forward you an edition? :)

evilvort3x
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
i would like the us edition can somebody get me it possibly?

Lemur
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Playasia has the US CE on sale. Only for xbox tho.

http://www.play-asia.com/Dark_Souls_Collectors_Edition/paOS-13-71-dh-49-gb-70-48oa.html

Solemn_In_Berlin
10-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Old news? Found it today and vg24/7 published it yesterday. I don't care if there is some digital bullsh*t in it, I want a complete CE, not this rip-off. I'm willing to pay a lot more to receive a proper CE. I think its a huge affront to any humble collector over the world. Damn you Namco Bandai! *shakes fist towards heaven* ah, whatever, it doesn't change anything. :shrug:

Co-Optimus talked about this almost a week ago. (http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6843/dark-souls-collector-s-edition-slightly-downgraded-still-a-free-upgrade-from-select-retailers.html?utm_source=scribol&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=scribol) Not that old, but just enough to inform those who were getting.

Calm down. We all know how Bamco tends to screw all us over, I mean, they're right up there with Crapcom. They did it again with Dark Souls. I don't really care since I just want the game. And like I said, it's still not a bad deal considering for no extra cost at all, we get some stuff. Good enough especially if you know how EA does their limited editions for their games.

Don't worry, the Skyrim CE will fix this mess, but if you insist on getting something really special from Dark Souls, be my guest. (http://gamerant.com/dark-souls-trailer-statues-revealed-mole-106843/)

Anjelaoni
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Co-Optimus talked about this almost a week ago. (http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6843/dark-souls-collector-s-edition-slightly-downgraded-still-a-free-upgrade-from-select-retailers.html?utm_source=scribol&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=scribol) Not that old, but just enough to inform those who were getting.

Calm down. We all know how Bamco tends to screw all us over, I mean, they're right up there with Crapcom. They did it again with Dark Souls. I don't really care since I just want the game. And like I said, it's still not a bad deal considering for no extra cost at all, we get some stuff. Good enough especially if you know how EA does their limited editions for their games.

Don't worry, the Skyrim CE will fix this mess, but if you insist on getting something really special from Dark Souls, be my guest. (http://gamerant.com/dark-souls-trailer-statues-revealed-mole-106843/)

Ok, didn't saw the news there. But I'm still pissed, I don't like beeing punked. ;) Yeah, 'course the Skyrim CE will make it up for it, but it's also triple the price. The statues are veryyyy nice, I might get one of those, as a compensation for the CE. :D

Edit: Dang, it's a contest! Ah bloody hell, I'll never win one of these. :(

Lemur
10-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah those statues are nice. Wonder how big they are. Life size would be awesome :rotf:

Dreamcazman
10-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Playasia has the US CE on sale. Only for xbox tho.

http://www.play-asia.com/Dark_Souls_Collectors_Edition/paOS-13-71-dh-49-gb-70-48oa.html

Ouch! That's a bit steep seeing it's only $60 US. :facepalm:

Ryaku
10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
i'm searching dark souls limited strategy guide

somone know when i can find it ?

gurpswoo1
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
There isn't really a limited guide , all guides are supposed to be hard cover. However the French listing say paperback where as the UK version is hardback. So not sure.

Both the UK and French version have the same ISBN number 978-3869930480.

According to the Future press website it should be hard cover like the UK Amazon has stated.

http://www.future-press.com/index.php?sect=books&book=115

I think the French Amazon version is just wrong.

Ryaku
10-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks Gurpswoo1 :)

Rashmeet
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
thebookdepository.co.uk?

Oops - too late to reply, realized I had the page open for an hour :| Damn you Apple

gurpswoo1
10-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Oops - too late to reply, realized I had the page open for an hour

Lol -most of us have all been there

Rashmeet
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
And how glad am I. Saving money on a newer piece of technology coz it's not much use to you - PRICELESS

EDIT - Enough OT :P

SquirrelRaper
10-04-2011, 11:08 PM
There appears to be a shortage of Dark Souls and a lot of customers have been fucked over now, so glad I got mine.
http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-might-have-a-supply-problem-212937.phtml

Onyxia
10-05-2011, 01:57 AM
I just got mine, but EBGames shipped it in a bubble envelope and not a box. Result: There's a dent in my metal case, augh. Oh well, better than not getting it at all I suppose. :(

mosavon
10-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Mine has dispatched from tescoentertainment today, to be on the safe side i have ordered a spare copy with Game.co.uk

Ill keep the best version, im hoping at least one is mint :clap:

Mike1888
10-05-2011, 02:28 AM
I ordered mine from Gamestop.ca and it still hasn't shipped. :/ FS sold out as well, wow.

mosavon
10-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Plenty here :drool:

Lemur
10-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Hmm seems like the shortage is with the US CE. There should be loads of the UK LE. Everyone wants the steelbook! :hammer:

Edit: Ok seems like it's not a steelbook but a metal tin for the US. Damn those idiots! The tin looks pretty nice tho but still quite a disappointment :pooryou:

Ryaku
10-05-2011, 10:51 AM
hummm!!! my precious !! :D

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8484/ds1z.jpg

Mike1888
10-05-2011, 12:17 PM
So it looks like the cover art is the same for the NA and PAL editions, but one is in a metal box and one is in a folded box?

Ryaku
10-05-2011, 12:20 PM
in France it's Folded Box :(

Lemur
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
The t-shirt looks great! :barsong:

SquirrelRaper
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Yeah, a lot of people pre-ordered it but now some people aren't getting theirs
From what I read, Best Buy online completely screwed up the orders and now no one will be getting their limited edition.

Ayiu
10-05-2011, 06:56 PM
My US collector's edition was shipped today. I'm so happy that my order wasn't canceled :banana:

gurpswoo1
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I wonder what Best buy will do make up for their mistake, because it's a big one.

Dreamcazman
10-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I ordered two copies from Amazon US, they got shipped a couple of days ago and I can track them all the way to Australia. :D

I made the order back in June. AFAIK those that left it really late (after 20th Sept) will be missing out on a CE.

scourdx
10-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon.ca and it said it will start shipping Oct 7. I still wonder why it takes so long.:think:

Mike1888
10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Mine came from Gamestop.ca today! :D Shame its not for me. Its going to be tough to hunt down another.

SquirrelRaper
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I think Best Buy gave the customers a $20 gift card if they wanted the regular edition. I dont know what happened to the Amazon and newegg orders.

Gemini-Phoenix
10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I actually forgot to cancel my order for Dark Souls. I only really pre-ordered it for the SteelBook, but then it got cancelled. Still, if the previous CE is anything to go by then this is still worth having.

I will just say that the PS3 box art looks much nicer, and blends into where the PS3 banner should be at the top. However, this cannot be said for the X360 version which still retains the usual white / green banner :(

Ayiu
10-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Mine came today from Amazon.com in perfect condition, Thanks Amazon!

Can anyone confirm that the text on the back of Xbox 360 CE came without the shadow effect?

Lemur
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I just received my copy of the US CE as well. I gotta say the tin is very beautiful! However, the plastic slip cover looks a little too big for the tin and doesn't fit snugly like it should. :lmao:

mosavon
10-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Anybody in the UK, can you confirm whether you have received your copy from TescoEntertainment? i haven't!!! despite a dispatched email on Tuesday!!!! so its late :nono:

evilvort3x
10-07-2011, 11:51 PM
me too mos BUT a few people said there arrived..... today mate..

mosavon
10-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Alright, i got my game.co.uk version yesterday, so far tesco are sucking abit

Lemur
10-08-2011, 04:07 AM
You bought 2 europe LEs? Or is 1 of them the US version. Btw seems like the Asia version of this also comes in a metal tin :bananayes:

mosavon
10-08-2011, 04:12 AM
You bought 2 europe LEs? Or is 1 of them the US version. Btw seems like the Asia version of this also comes in a metal tin :bananayes:

I brought 2 UK versions from 2 different retailers...purely to increase my odds of getting a pristine copy, ill be returning one of them

Lemur
10-08-2011, 04:19 AM
LOL do you get back the full price when returned? Cos over here once you buy the game if you try to sell it back even sealed the shops take it in as a used copy. And no returns allowed! :banghead:

mosavon
10-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Of course lol

Lemur
10-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Great so you could also order like 10 copies and return 9. We need those rules here :lmao:

mosavon
10-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Just received Darks Souls LE and WOW you were right the packaging was awful therefor its damaged...also the invoice was for the full retail price of £39.99 when it should only be £28.89, it looks like they haven't deducted the discount code either:scratch:

Legendhawk
10-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Here is my Dark Souls - Limited Edition UNBOXING !
This nice and cool edition. ;) hope you like it .

o-wrSN3K-Bs

Contains:
Contains :
-Artbook
-Game
-Soundtrack
-Dlc ( Soundtrack etc )

Legendhawk
10-09-2011, 05:24 AM
i wanted to get the metal tin case , but we only got the Ltd Ed in Norway :P

it is still an edition ;) why is the game so hard :P?

Dreamcazman
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
My US CE's arrived today via DHL. Took less than a week. Both are pretty much in perfect condition. After everything that I've read about people getting wrong versions I was a little worried. Thankfully I was blessed :)

http://users.on.net/~ckpichler/DarkSouls.jpg

PPhantom
10-10-2011, 11:13 AM
I had preordered a copy but I forgot so now I have two copies for the PS3. Both in excellent conditions :v:

Lemur
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
You guys are lucky! I heard many orders for the US CE got shafted :nea:

PPhantom
10-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Except that I have the pal LE.

sleepwalker
10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I was wondering if someone who's got two or more US Limited Editions would be willing to swap one for an EU Limited Edition (which comes with a soundtrack and behind the scenes video on separate discs, but in a folded box, the one like Final Fantasy XIII Limited Edition had). I myself got two EU limited editions, but was not able to secure US version with the tin case.

Please PM me, if you are interested.

Lemur
10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Except that I have the pal LE.

LOL then not that lucky. Loads of those floating around. On another note, the asian CE seems to come in a metal tin as well with the US slip cover just that the game inside is an R3. So for those who really want the metal tin you could probably buy an asian CE :bday:

scourdx
10-10-2011, 05:22 PM
You guys are lucky! I heard many orders for the US CE got shafted :nea:

Yea...this is what I am worrying about. I did preorder the Euro version just in case I receive the standard US version.

mosavon
10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Can somebody please recommend a decent retailer to get this limited edition from? ive tried both Tesco and Game and have been unhappy with what i got, i even switched a damaged one with a GAME shop in-store after leaving the shop i saw it had a few marks and a small split in the seal

All the copies i got through the post have what i can only describe as water/moisture under the seal, ive had this before with a Steelbook and it leaves a permanent although very faint mark on the surface, so i dont want to keep these copies

Basically ive got quite a few to return, i need somewhere with easy returns? any recommendations from people here in the UK?

Gemini-Phoenix
10-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Can somebody please recommend a decent retailer to get this limited edition from? ive tried both Tesco and Game and have been unhappy with what i got, i even switched a damaged one with a GAME shop in-store after leaving the shop i saw it had a few marks and a small split in the seal

My local Tesco Extra has adequate stock of these on their shelves. Perhaps might be worth a run down to your local store to have a look at some first hand? The ones in my store are in those plastic security Safers, so they don't get damaged, and you can inspect them before buying

mosavon
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
My local Tesco Extra has adequate stock of these on their shelves. Perhaps might be worth a run down to your local store to have a look at some first hand? The ones in my store are in those plastic security Safers, so they don't get damaged, and you can inspect them before buying

Alright, ill bear that in mind..thanks

mosavon
10-15-2011, 06:20 PM
I took a copy back to Game today for another swap over lol...i made him get ALL the stock from the back to inspect, i think they thought i was some kinda weirdo who has a freaky condition obsession. In the end i got a refund, im still looking for a copy, Any suggestions?

twistedsymphony
10-15-2011, 07:00 PM
*** Photos Added of the NTSC 360 Collector's Edition ***