PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island

Pages : 1 [2]

Matrix6
09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I think a coat or two of varnish for the box would actually make it look better and also better protect it from damage as they're made of pine wood or some soft wood :S

shenglu
09-23-2011, 02:05 AM
It is exclusive, I was under the orders, especially to see the treasures I've pre-ordered the UK version is still waiting for this game retailer announced that some of the special

Dreamcazman
09-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I think a coat or two of varnish for the box would actually make it look better and also better protect it from damage as they're made of pine wood or some soft wood :S

That's actually a rather good idea, I'm fairly confident it'd turn out good but the nerves would probably get to me thinking I'll stuff it up. :P

It looks like it's made out of some sort of pine.

SquirrelRaper
09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Finally got the 1st one I ordered, the 2nd one will be here soon.
Did anyone else get "bonuses" ? I got Dead Island breath mints, an dead island arm band and a Deus Ex poster. Just curious, if they do this with all their orders.

mosavon
09-23-2011, 11:58 PM
I got nothing :ninja:

Matrix6
09-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Bonuses?? I got nothing as well!! :suicide:
You'd think you'd get something for preordering!?! :ghey:

That's actually a rather good idea, I'm fairly confident it'd turn out good but the nerves would probably get to me thinking I'll stuff it up. :P

It looks like it's made out of some sort of pine.

Damn, I was hoping you were volunteering :P

vhal_x
09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Is the survival kit sold out, as I have a friend who is interested in getting one for the Xbox xx

evilvort3x
09-25-2011, 01:17 AM
think it is vhal as i wanted a ps3 one ( i got 1 already) but cant see anywhere with stock...

BlackRob183
10-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Why don't you guys just get the PC one and sell the PC game itself? That's what I'm doing, plus $60 for all the stuff alone is worth it and it comes with the game.

Also luckos, I never received an email about an extra 40 pln and also still do not have anything yet. How long does this take to ship exactly? I ordered this almost a month ago lol geez these guys are slow :P

luckos
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Hello,

I've received an email from them in which they were saying that I need to send them an extra 40 PLN because the package is heavier than the normal weight of a game. I've done the second payment via PayPal of course and I let them knew that the payment was done!

Afterwards I received a confirmation from them and the tracking number. It came really fast in about 4 or 5 days... I'm still trying to get rid of the PC game, but anyways...

I think the item wasn't ship to you by now. When you're mailing them try to include a google translation in Polish besides the English text, it could work better.

BlackRob183
10-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Maybe you can help me out some with this, I got the first email from them after purchasing it stating that everything went through and transaction complete:

[Edit* took out the order info just in case]

I'm not sure if the address is supposed to look like that or not, because it looks backwards but I'm not sure if that was intentional for the way they do it or maybe I entered it wrong.

Also they sent me an email 9 days after that saying thank you for your purchase could you please review/rate this item/transaction or whatever.
I also checked my paypal account and nothing was ever credited back and the transaction says completed.

I'm trying figure this out right now but as I'm at work I'm limited on time but also hard to figure out how to track/find my order/find the websites I need lol because of the languages and such

Edit: Like I said also, I never got any email asking for extra shipping money as well. I'm not sure if you are saying they are supposed to send out an email or if I am supposed to send an email about the situation before they ask for it? I'm a little confused on this

BlackRob183
10-17-2011, 10:23 PM
I just sent them an email about it but I did notice one thing, they do not have a spot for entering my State in. And as I see, no on here seems to have been from the US who ordered it so therefore a state would not be needed for anyone else correct? I'm wondering if that might be a problem and I hope I can still get this as the PC now seem to be out of stock as well :( I hope the state was not needed or that maybe they still have my order packaged but just did not go through

gurpswoo1
10-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I saw this listing on ebay USA, it says the treasure edition is limited to 266 until total.

Is this true or is he making crap up:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dead-Island-Treasure-Box-Edition-1-266-PS3-Limited-Collectors-Special-rare-/230687254601?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35b6082849#ht_500wt_1202

mosavon
10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I think its true, ive heard that figure touted before

gurpswoo1
10-22-2011, 05:11 PM
wow crazy low numbers, why can't game4game.at say it was limited to this number.

mosavon
10-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Dont know, but it would make sense considering how fast they sold out

Biggav4000
10-22-2011, 05:38 PM
I saw this listing on ebay USA, it says the treasure edition is limited to 266 until total.

Is this true or is he making crap up:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dead-Island-Treasure-Box-Edition-1-266-PS3-Limited-Collectors-Special-rare-/230687254601?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35b6082849#ht_500wt_1202
You mean is "she" making this up its SquirrelRaper's listing :thumb:

vhal_x
10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
I remember Sheena saying that they told her that number, but they told me there were 200 for each platform :/

But they also told me there was to be an edition limited to 5 pieces and they clearly bullshitted that, so G4G are no doubt lying their ass off :haha: xx

surfdude73
10-22-2011, 06:29 PM
wow crazy low numbers, why can't game4game.at say it was limited to this number.game4game.at stated it was originally 200 when it first sold out and then it went back on sale because demand was so high with no sign of how limited it was, about time they started numbering them, can't understand why they didn't

vhal_x
10-22-2011, 06:42 PM
They told me it was 200 for each platform and some more went on sale due to people cancelling/not paying for orders, but no extras had been made.

What the fuck? Why don't we have a confirmed truth from them :/ xx

gurpswoo1
10-22-2011, 09:08 PM
You mean is "she" making this up its SquirrelRaper's listing

Oops thanks for clearing that up, not sure why I presumed it was a he. Sorry about that "SquirrelRaper's"

You will be surprised how many eBayers make rubbish up about how rare items are.

I had no idea it was this limited, I was thinking it was in the 1000 - 2000 mark.

PPhantom
10-22-2011, 10:09 PM
That $800 is a ridiculous amount, can't understand.

gurpswoo1
10-22-2011, 10:21 PM
If there is demand, why not. of course it needs to sell.

I think everyone said the same about uncharted 2 fortune hunter edition being $1000 until it got to the price it is now.

surfdude73
10-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Good way of funding collecting and i'm sure we would all pay over the top if we we're that desperate for something

mawa
10-23-2011, 12:41 AM
the last treasure edition whas sold in a best offer and sold for 110 pond on ebay.

SquirrelRaper
10-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Lol, yeah I mostly put 800 to see what OBO I would get XD

Trust me, I know a lot of people selling on Ebay will lie about crap. Especially saying a game is sealed but when in realty they resealed a used game. >_>

I was wondering when my Ebay listing would be posted to the forums.

Yeah, and Im pissed that I have 99% feedback. The last person that left a neg was a super dick. He told me that if he didnt get his money back soon he would leave a neg. Gave money back and still got a neg. Oh and did i mention he admitted to being a label picker and pealed off the protective seal on the piercing...Then told me how outraged he was? Arghh fuck people. Im about to stop shipping within my own country, never have problems with other countries...glad only like 30% of my orders are within the US.

SquirrelRaper
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Sold the Dead Island Treasure edition for $500.:banana:

vhal_x
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Woo! Go you :banana: I hope I can get an X360 one for retail price :rotf: But I've no chance! xx

SquirrelRaper
10-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Woo! Go you :banana: I hope I can get an X360 one for retail price :rotf: But I've no chance! xx

I think I have seen 2 go off for like $180, so you can always hope. XD

Matrix6
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Just found a "foreign" unboxing video for this and realised something in it.
They filmed a packaged copy where they do a full unboxing from parcel box to game. The most peculiar thing I noticed was that they had a 'Logan Carter Figurine' with their copy!
I don't know how they obtained that or where or who offered it as a pre-order bonus but I sure as heck did not receive one!

Mark 1.30 min on video.
A small wooden box is unveiled. I couldn't read the print on the box properly but it kinda looked like it says 'Call of Jaurez' on it?!?!? O_O I'm really not sure?!
Inside that box was a bubble wrapped figure of Logan Carter with a bat or stick.
[in similar stance of the pics below]

Did anybody else get a figure with their Survival Kit Edition??

e6QJ1N80LEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6QJ1N80LEQ

Logan Carter
http://deadisland-trainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/logan-e1326140677690.jpg

vhal_x
03-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah it looks like it says Call of Juarez on it, and I sure as hell didn't get no Logan figure with my Survival Kit :( Wish I did! xx

Matrix6
03-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Seems dodgy then eh?
I wasn't even aware there were any DI figures out there let alone on release day!!
We got jibbed! :(

vhal_x
03-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Hopefully it wasn't a preorder bonus because if we got partially scammed then I'll be sad :haha: :(

Hopefully you had to buy it, but seems a little odd nonetheless... I WANT IT! xx

Neilikki
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
No, nobody else got that figure, because it's the only figure of that guy in the world. It's custom made and handpainted by Techland (game developers) itself. To win it, you had to enter one of charity auctions Techland made to aid WOŚP (I won't get into details but it's annual charity event in Poland held in January) So if you checked the date, it couldn't even be a pre-order bonus, since the video was posted in January.
Here's the link to the auction itself:
http://aukcje.wosp.org.pl/show_item.php?item=582969
The guy didn't even pay that much.
And they broke his figure in transit, lol.

And that wooden box, I'm sure as hell I already saw it. Probably even here? I don't know.

vhal_x
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Haha, that's pretty cool :) I noticed that the video was in January, just put it down to maybe uploading the video late haha :)

They broke the figure!? Damn, that sucks xx

Neilikki
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Well, yeah in that video, from about 2:10-2:40 after he removes the bubblewrap it's shown that the fragment of the bat the character holds in his right hand got seperated. He comments that they send him a Lego set to assembly, then says he will stick it back together with glue and cuts the video to after it's again in one piece.

Edit.

Oh, yeah, found it. The box is from the collector's edition of Call of Juarez Bound in Blood.
I think it's the same one.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2773/coja172kb.jpg

Matrix6
03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh yea, that's the box, I never even saw that edition as well, I guess they had a spare box to put the figure in to protect out, but out broke when our was packed anyway, lol.

Makes sense now, thanks for the explanation Neil :)
Btw, my copy only arrived early this year! Even though I preordered it :S

gurpswoo1
03-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Btw, my copy only arrived early this year! Even though I preordered it

LOL - Are you serious, there is late and then there is this. I would have said the game was lost in the post months ago.

vhal_x
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Haha, wow that's a really long time! Wasn't it September that Dead Island came out? :haha: xx

Matrix6
03-12-2012, 12:54 PM
O.o Y U laugh at me? @_@
They doodled me around for a long time, they kept wanting more money for shipping...express shipping, but I was ok with economy shipping cos time wasn't a huge factor. Communication was also quite difficult and normally they took almost a week to respond to me!
So yeah, I got it many many months later though I was never worried or in doubt that I wouldn't receive it :D

vhal_x
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Did it get to you in perfect condition?

I wish mine was mint, it's all crushed at the top :( xx

Matrix6
03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes it did, all that waiting was well worth it as not even the packaging box was damaged :) :barsong:
I was also surprise it wasn't held up at customs because a real pocket knife was included in the pack!! :blackeye:

Neilikki
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Yes it did, all that waiting was well worth it as not even the packaging box was damaged :) :barsong:
I was also surprise it wasn't held up at customs because a real pocket knife was included in the pack!! :blackeye:

I don't think even getting the package in 100% perfect condition justifies 5 months of waiting.
Where did you order from anyway?

Matrix6
03-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I ordered from WirtualnyPunkt.pl, I think it was the only one that shipped outside Poland?? :shrug: So anyway, they kept asking if I want to pay double for shipping to get it to me faster....I kept declining and they responded very slowly so it wasn't shipped until sometime in October/November? :???: Can't remember now but I wasn't in a hurry to receive, ergo, why I didn't want to pay more for shipping :D

twistedsymphony
04-28-2012, 05:54 PM
*** Added Photos for NZ 360 Collector's Edition ***