PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 3 Special and Survivor Edition Announced, PAL exclusive.

gurpswoo1
05-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Sony has announced that PAL regions will be getting two Collector's Edition for Resistance 3.

The First is the Special Edition which will include the following:

Steelbook Packaging

Vinyl effect Blu-ray disc

SRPA Black Ops skin - DLC Code

Infected Nathan Hale skin - DLC Code

Air Fuel grenade - DLC Code

Special multiplayer title: ?Sentinel? - DLC Code

Multiplayer booster - DLC Code

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/res2.jpg

Secondly there is a Survivor Edition which will include the following:

A canvas bag

Chimera target practice poster

Joseph Capelli's journal

Hip flask

Playing cards

Chimera plastic toy soldiers.

The Special Edition of Resistance 3 above

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/res1.jpg

No word on pricing or which PAL countries will get it yet, however we do know that if you pre-order the standard copy of the game you will get either some or all the DLC codes from the Special Edition as a free bonus.

Also if you pre-order the game from certain store you can get a Chimera tooth necklace.

Resistance 3 will be released on 6th September in the USA, 9th in the UK and the 7th for the rest of the world.

Thanks to Gemini-Phoenix (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=4345) for the info.... View this article on the HomePage. (http://collectorsedition.org/5622/resistance-3-special-and-survivor-edition-announced-pal-exclusive)

Beaniator
05-26-2011, 09:54 PM
resistance 3 survivor edition is looking might fine just hope the price is ok.
i havent found anywhere to pre-order the survivor edition yet but the standard edition is up for pre-order.

Gemini-Phoenix
05-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm thinking bags and backpacks are the "in" thing for 2011, what with the Crysis 2 Nano Edition, InFamous 2 Hero Edition, and now this. If you add GTA IV, the North American CE for Resident Evil 5 and Mirror's Edge CE's, that's a pretty substantial collection of bags we're amassing in our collections! ;)

evilvort3x
05-26-2011, 10:41 PM
was about to post this as a link but you beat me gemini lol yea looks tasty

mosavon
05-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Cool, i love the resistance franchise so ill get this definitely, possibly survivor ill wait and see, thanks for the info

RaverX
05-27-2011, 01:48 AM
That "Vinyl effect Blu-ray disc looks really cool. But that's all (except for the steelbook). What else do I get in the special edition ? A lot of digital codes. More than that...

we do know that if you pre-order the standard copy of the game you will get either some or all the DLC codes from the Special Edition as a free bonus.

This is very bad. A special edition is worth nothing without something "hard" inside. A CD with a soundtack. A DVD with "making of". An artbook. A bagde or a necklace... Any of those are worth for me more than a million of digital codes...

The "Survivor Edition" looks much better, there's a lot of goodies inside, but I think the price will be too high. If they will make a lot of units and the price will drop to 50 pounds (like the KZ3 Helghast Edition) I will buy one.

If not it really depends on how much will cost the special edition. I like the special looking bluray and the steelcase, but I won't pay more than 10 pounds (extra) for that.

matze1975
05-27-2011, 02:26 AM
I´m going to annoy my local seller until they have the preorder for the survivor edition! They know me and I think they will surrender and offer it to me very soon.:surrender::lmao:

Gemini-Phoenix
05-27-2011, 03:51 AM
The "Survivor Edition" looks much better, there's a lot of goodies inside, but I think the price will be too high. If they will make a lot of units and the price will drop to 50 pounds (like the KZ3 Helghast Edition) I will buy one.

I don't think it's a case of they made too many of the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition. I think it was overpriced and bulky to store, and they wanted to clear the storage space for other items, therefore had to lower the price to shift them. One Killzone 3 Helghast Edition could probably make way for a good 50 standard edition games. It was just inconvenient to keep hanging around for HMV

Gemini-Phoenix
05-27-2011, 03:59 AM
Anyone going to take a guess which UK retailer will get the exclusive for this? PLAY.com got the InFamous 2 Hero Edition, so they may also go for this. HMV are apparently on the brink of administration so I hear, so they may not want to stock yet another large CE again. GAME might, but they too may not have the storage capacity, and hav learnt in the past that they get stuck with these things and have to offer them at a loss

I'm actually guessing the total volume of this CE might actually be as small as the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Codex Edition or GTA IV CE. There's nothing really large included - The satchel can be folded up, and everything else is quite small and can be stashed neatly

foreverflash
05-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Why has no one asked about the availability of either the Survivor or Limited Editions in North America? Why is this PAL exclusive? It is not fair. I could say so much more but there's no point...this is happening more and more. No amount of bitching or moaning will change the decisions publishers make regarding availability of limited or collectible edition games.

:pooryou:

gurpswoo1
05-27-2011, 09:16 AM
The fact is, the Sony division in each region act independently on certain decisions. They have to judge how the edition will be received and if it's suitable.

Take for example, Little Big planet Collector's Edition, we got a steel book while the USA/CA got the book ends editions. The same goes for Mortal Kombat, You got the superior edition.

Why they though they would not be suitable for PAL regions is unknown, perhaps we don't read that many books. LOL.

But I agree, why region restrict some editions but not others.

DISSESHOWEDO
05-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I think there is a mistake, in the Special edition the Chimera tooth necklace is not a DLC it's a real necklace that you can wear.PS3 Eu Blog check.

gurpswoo1
05-27-2011, 11:25 PM
oops - Sorry though they were all DLC codes. Thanks for clearing that up. Have amended the post.

Beaniator
05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
i see game4game now have the survival edition up for 149 euro :whew:.
out of my price range sorry to say. sorry if already posted

matze1975
05-30-2011, 11:20 PM
But game4game also says that the price could change, cause they don´t have a final price yet!

Beaniator
05-30-2011, 11:36 PM
a ha didnt see that , will watch a little more closely now and hope it drops in price.chrs

Gemini-Phoenix
05-31-2011, 02:50 AM
All UK retailers have the standard edition up for pre-order, with most of them displaying the updated cover, but none of them have either of these editions available so far...

mosavon
05-31-2011, 03:30 AM
its sure to retail here (UK) at £45 for the special and £99 for the survivor,...needless to say im getting it when it drops to around half price which it will :banghead:

mosavon
06-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Special edition available here
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Special-Edition/~r355286/?s=resistance+3&d=1z13fvfZ1z13mmt
yep, you guessed it £45 :thumb:

foreverflash
06-11-2011, 04:10 AM
The fact is, the Sony division in each region act independently on certain decisions. They have to judge how the edition will be received and if it's suitable.

Take for example, Little Big planet Collector's Edition, we got a steel book while the USA/CA got the book ends editions. The same goes for Mortal Kombat, You got the superior edition.

Why they though they would not be suitable for PAL regions is unknown, perhaps we don't read that many books. LOL.

But I agree, why region restrict some editions but not others.
I Understand. I'm just so frustrated as a collector to see (in my opinion) the "best" games always getting the PAL (european or Australian) exclusive editions. I really could care less about Mortal Kombat compared to Resistance. I mean c'mon, resistance is way bigger and considering that the US market is still very strong for such specialty items there is NO logical reason to not provide it here. Almost ALL collector and special editions sell out (and very quickly) in the states, but many times I find an over-abundance of special or collector edition games in PAL regions. Go figure...

mosavon
06-11-2011, 02:23 PM
^ i agree entirely, ive never understood this either

Vlad
06-30-2011, 07:19 AM
So has anybody found the Survivor Edition for preorder in the UK yet?
(Preferably with the necklace...)

I've checked loads of places and found nothing.
Only thing I seen was the Doomsday Edition for £150 on Zavvi.

gurpswoo1
06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Sorry nothing yet, there is an edition over at GAME but it's the Special edition.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-09-2011, 08:21 AM
GAME now have the Survivor Edition up on their site, but the link to pre-order is not yet active:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Survivor-Edition/~r355822/ (http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Survivor-Edition/%7Er355822/?s=resistance)

Also not sure whether this is going to be exclusive to them here in the UK, or whether it will be widely available from the likes of PLAY, ShopTo, and HMV etc. Will shoot GAME a Tweet now to find out about exclusivity and also try to find out when the listing goes live

mosavon
07-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Great, i pre-ordered the special "steelbook" edition already at game, would be strange if they secured both as exclusives?

foreverflash
07-09-2011, 05:37 PM
GAME now have the Survivor Edition up on their site, but the link to pre-order is not yet active:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Survivor-Edition/~r355822/ (http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Survivor-Edition/%7Er355822/?s=resistance)

Also not sure whether this is going to be exclusive to them here in the UK, or whether it will be widely available from the likes of PLAY, ShopTo, and HMV etc. Will shoot GAME a Tweet now to find out about exclusivity and also try to find out when the listing goes live
Do any of those retailers you mention above (or any other) export these collectible editions (if they sell them) to North America? I'm curious because I know some retailers do international shipping for games because there are Americans who import their games from the likes of Japan, etc. I have found that all the GAME sites do not ship international, and I don't think PLAY does either.

AJLareneg
07-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Do any of those retailers you mention above (or any other) export these collectible editions (if they sell them) to North America? I'm curious because I know some retailers do international shipping for games because there are Americans who import their games from the likes of Japan, etc. I have found that all the GAME sites do not ship international, and I don't think PLAY does either.

GAME does ship internationally, as I have ordered from them before. You just need to have a way to pay them as they don't accept paypal.

foreverflash
07-11-2011, 03:49 AM
GAME does ship internationally, as I have ordered from them before. You just need to have a way to pay them as they don't accept paypal.I pre-ordered Crysis 2 Nano edition from GAME.co.uk a long time before it was released, then, just a short while before release, I got a message explaining my order was canceled because they could not ship to where I lived (North America). However, that was a very large collector's edition (probably the largest of all in the past 10 years) so maybe it was in part due to the size; haven't tried ordering any regular size games (but why would I do that anyway when I just buy those here where I live?) :shrug:

AJLareneg
07-11-2011, 03:53 AM
I pre-ordered Crysis 2 Nano edition from GAME.co.uk a long time before it was released, then, just a short while before release, I got a message explaining my order was canceled because they could not ship to where I lived (North America). However, that was a very large collector's edition (probably the largest of all in the past 10 years) so maybe it was in part due to the size; haven't tried ordering any regular size games (but why would I do that anyway when I just buy those here where I live?) :shrug:Ah, I think they do have a weight limit for how much they can ship internationally.

Yea, I just checked their shipping FAQ and it says this: "We are unable to ship orders outside of the UK over 1000g which would include all hardware orders."

Makes sense... all I ordered from them before was a special edition which are almost the same size/weight as a standard release.

foreverflash
07-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Ah, I think they do have a weight limit for how much they can ship internationally.

Yea, I just checked their shipping FAQ and it says this: "We are unable to ship orders outside of the UK over 1000g which would include all hardware orders."

Makes sense... all I ordered from them before was a special edition which are almost the same size/weight as a standard release.Yup. Well, there goes that idea. Looking like eBay will be my only source for obtaining this "Survivor" edition.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-12-2011, 05:19 AM
GAME does ship internationally, as I have ordered from them before. You just need to have a way to pay them as they don't accept paypal.

However, I will just add that there is a weight limit, which I think is either 1Kg or 2Kg. If you're an overseas buyer who wants a standard game, then that's Ok, but if you want a bulky CE like Gears Of War 3, forget it! Your order will be cancelled at the dispatching stage, as they will refuse to send heavy items outside of the UK due to the huge postage costs. SteelBooks and DigiPaks are Ok

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Well this is good to know for the future, as often times there are unique and much desired "steelbook" editions for EU, or CA that you cannot find here in USA.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I recently received confirmation that the Resistance 3: Survivor Pack will indeed be exclusive to GAME and the GAME Group here in the UK!

Here's my initial Tweet to them:

@Gamedigital (http://twitter.com/Gamedigital) - Hi! Could you tell us whether the Resistance 3: Survivor Edition is exclusive to GAME Group, & also when we can pre-order? :)

And here's their responses:

@CEdotORG (http://twitter.com/CEdotORG) I will have a word and get back to you in a moment.

@CEdotORG (http://twitter.com/CEdotORG) Hey there! Just found out it will be an exclusive! :) Thanks for spreading the word.

Notch that down as a +1 for using Twitter! ;)

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Was there someone here willing to help US customers obtain a "survivor" edition somehow through preorder? How would that work? I'd do it through ebay if any of you have an ebay account. You could simply list an extra copy there and I'll buy it. I think ebay would be the "safest" way to do a transaction...

Also, could anyone please tell me if the DLC codes that come with the Special Edition are going to be usable in North America (or restricted to PAL regions?) Would really suck, because it'd mean if I want any DLC at preorder I'd have to buy my own US copy. It is most often the case that (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) that PAL DLC will not work for NTSC regions and vice versa.

gurpswoo1
07-12-2011, 06:47 PM
foreverflash you should post in the wanted section, there are many Euro members will to export to the USA.

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Ah I see. I'm still kind of new to CE.o so wasn't sure. Do the Euro members in wanted section do "preorder" stuff?

ob1ob
07-16-2011, 04:54 PM
The Survivor Edition has been removed. I wonder why. I was going to ask GAME if they knew what the price was going to be and if it would exceed the weight limit for shipping to the US. I hope it hasn't been cancelled.

vhal_x
07-16-2011, 05:14 PM
It's now on Gamestations website? Maybe they got the exclusivity deal instead?

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/resistance-3-survivor-edition-139251?pageSize=20&searchTerm=left%204%20dead%203 xx

Matrix6
07-16-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/shipping/Information/71#international

JB HiFi Australia has this edition and more. According to their site they can offer to ship it internationally. I don't know if it's limited to some countries nor do I know the cost, but you can give it a go and see how much it'll cost and whether it's worth it or not. they also accept Paypal :)
Price is AU$179 +p&h
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3/resistance-3-survivor-edition/651746

ob1ob
07-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the info. AU$179 is alot of money. I sent a message to Gamestation asking if they think it can be shipped to the US. If not or if it is also expensive there, I may just settle for the Special Edition.

gurpswoo1
07-16-2011, 10:17 PM
As they don't have the item yet, I will be surprised if they are able to say now if it can be under the limit.

Judging by the contents of this Edition, I would say there is a high chance it will be over the 1KG limit. I think the 1KG also includes the packaging box aswell.

foreverflash
07-17-2011, 05:28 PM
The Survivor Edition has been removed. I wonder why. I was going to ask GAME if they knew what the price was going to be and if it would exceed the weight limit for shipping to the US. I hope it hasn't been cancelled.Why was it pulled from GAME.co.uk? Can anyone please confirm if this Survivor Edition will be released in Europe as well as Australia? And, what will the price be in Euros? It's getting awefully close to release date now for this edition's release locations and price to not be confirmed. I'm getting worried...

ob1ob
07-18-2011, 02:28 PM
I received an email from both GAME and Gamestation confirming that the Survivor Edition will exceed the weight limit for international shipping. I did not get an answer as to why it was removed from GAME's website. It is still on Gamestation's site. I pre-ordered the Special Edition. That is about $80US shipped. I might pay up to $150 for the Survivor Edition if I could find someone who could get one for me. But if the Austrailia price is any indication, it will be over $200 with shipping.

foreverflash
07-18-2011, 03:50 PM
You got an email reply from BOTH GAME and Gamestation? So that would indicate that if GAME is replying to you regarding the Survivor edition, it will probably still offer it...that's good news. I'm gussing it'll be around 150-180Euro, similar to the AU price. This will fetch for a bit over 200$USD. Well worth it in my opinion. I'll do anything to get this edition!

themidlandmaster
07-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Nah, probably be a bit cheaper, we always get way overcharged, maybe one third less

foreverflash
07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
The Australian dollar is always cheaper than the US dollar. Same as the Euro. Everytime I visit ebay and see a product being sold in AU dollars, it's always a bit more in US$.

Example: Lost Planet 2 Collector's Edition (http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-Planet-2-Collectors-Edition-PS3-PAL-AUS-NEW_W0QQitemZ180523360322QQcategoryZ117562QQcmdZVi ewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%2 6its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26o tn%3D20%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6255815873757545217)

themidlandmaster
07-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, but games are a lot more expensive. Our prestiege editions cost 230, reach legendary edition 230, assassins creed black edition 150 ect.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-19-2011, 06:31 AM
The Survivor Edition has been removed. I wonder why.

Most likely a temporary removal. It'll probably reappear in a few days when the time is right for pre-orders to go live

I was going to ask GAME if they knew what the price was going to be and if it would exceed the weight limit for shipping to the US. I hope it hasn't been cancelled.You can pretty much assume the answer will be a definite "yes" for that. In comparison, overseas customers were only just allowed to buy the previous two Gears Of War CE's, as they were just below the limit, but this Survivor Edition will no doubt be well over the limit and probably weigh in at around 5Kg

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/resistance-3-survivor-edition-139251?pageSize=20&searchTerm=left%204%20dead%203 xx

Not available to pre-order yet though, just as it was before on the GAME website. I also don't understand how Gamestation can achieve an exclusive when they're the same company as GAME and GamePlay, so if one has the exclusive then that means the other should also

Gemini-Phoenix
07-19-2011, 08:46 PM

Well, turns out that you're right! I have just been informed from a very reputable source that it is now a Gamestation exclusive, so looks like you'll all have to brave their awkward website design in order to pre-order it

It is also now available to pre-order, for the princely sum of £99.99!

Here's the direct URL to it:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/resistance-3-survivor-edition-139251

Mike1888
07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info. Will they be able to ship this CE internationally?

vhal_x
07-19-2011, 08:51 PM
They don't charge until release do they? xx

ob1ob
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Will they be able to ship this CE internationally?

I received an email from both GAME and Gamestation confirming that the Survivor Edition will exceed the weight limit for international shipping.

foreverflash
07-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I received an email from both GAME and Gamestation confirming that the Survivor Edition will exceed the weight limit for international shipping.If any European member is willing to help me obtain the Resistance 3 Survivor Edition, I started my own personal thread (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5049) in the Wanted section on the forums here, so please contact me there or via PM. I will definitely make it worth your while. Any other American wishing to obtain this ahead of eBay I suggest you do the same and make a thread in the wanted section. I would be more than willing to return favors and help a European member obtain a US only release, granted we work out and agree to terms.

mosavon
08-14-2011, 02:52 AM
a closer look at the survivor edition...looking good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpN4sgaTxY

Vlad
08-18-2011, 02:52 AM
So have the sold out already or are they still jumping between retailers with it?

Put off preordering this one and now nowhere has it.
Meh, if I've missed out, I've missed out, at least there wasn't a nice figure or anything like that.

EDIT: For those interested I spotted GameStop.co.uk has the Chimera Tooth Necklace.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/38496_PlayStation_3_Resistance_3_Plus_FREE_Chimear a_necklace.aspx

mosavon
08-18-2011, 02:55 AM
i believe there are none available here in the Uk now...other countries are stocking it such as france

AJLareneg
08-18-2011, 03:38 AM
The Chimera tooth necklace is going to be easy to get, they are giving it away as pre-order bonuses to people in the US too.

Ryaku
09-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I have my Survivor Edition.

Here pics (t-shirt not include in Survivor edition)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/883/r31h.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6122/r32p.jpg

mosavon
09-06-2011, 11:35 PM
looks nice Ry :2cool: cant wait for friday

AJLareneg
09-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I am absolutely in love with that shirt. Is there any other way to get one?

foreverflash
09-07-2011, 01:06 AM
I am absolutely in love with that shirt. Is there any other way to get one?Me first! I PM'd Ryaku. me me me! I'm a bigger fan than you AJ! :beee::haha:

AJLareneg
09-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Don't know about that. I've got a SRPA logo on my car, and I got my copy of Resistance: Fall of Man signed in person....and a Fall of Man jacket.

Besides, I wasn't aware this was a competition. :b

Mike1888
09-07-2011, 01:23 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resistance-3-shirt-PAX-Prime-2011-Promo-RARE-/230667749686?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b4de8936#ht_500wt_1413

AJLareneg
09-07-2011, 01:25 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resistance-3-shirt-PAX-Prime-2011-Promo-RARE-/230667749686?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b4de8936#ht_500wt_1413

i've been watching this auction since it was listed. :b However this shirt isn't the same one, and the material seems much thinner (cheaper) than the one Ryaku posted.

foreverflash
09-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Don't know about that. I've got a SRPA logo on my car, and I got my copy of Resistance: Fall of Man signed in person....and a Fall of Man jacket.

Besides, I wasn't aware this was a competition. :bIt was meant to be a joke AJ! No it's not a competition. :thumb: Your obviously a bigger fan than me. That is really cool that you got a jacket and signed copy of FoM! Where did you get the SRPA logo for your car? I want one! I'd think everyone is bigger Resistance fan than me as I don't have much for Resistance series yet...

That is soon to change as I just won a gorgeous poster of Olly Moss art for Resistance 3 signed by the entire insomniac Dev team! Super excited. More stuff to come. I'm on a "Resistance" binge...must have more...resistance...

AJLareneg
09-07-2011, 03:24 AM
The Olly Moss poster is awesome! I got one sent to me by Insomniac for attending their community day in March...i still have the letter that came with it.

Also, I'd like to think being a fan of series isn't measured by the amount of merch one has. Some people can't afford collections and such. I know I wouldn't be able to afford to make a Resistance collection as impressive as my inFamous one...so I just like to get items that super interest me.

I might be getting some cool Resistance things in the near future though. ;D

foreverflash
09-07-2011, 04:58 AM
The Olly Moss poster is awesome! I got one sent to me by Insomniac for attending their community day in March...i still have the letter that came with it.

Also, I'd like to think being a fan of series isn't measured by the amount of merch one has. Some people can't afford collections and such. I know I wouldn't be able to afford to make a Resistance collection as impressive as my inFamous one...so I just like to get items that super interest me.

I might be getting some cool Resistance things in the near future though. ;DWell your right. It's not necessarily the "amount" of merchandise a fan has but the "quality" that counts (as it is with most things in life too - quality always beat quantity). But having a lot of collectibles (especially if they're ALL quality) can make you a more interesting fan (bigger is probably not the best choice of words). I've never owned any signed material. You can see how much of an impact the Resistance series' and the new R3 artwork is having on my psyche...I just bought my first signed poster! I'm breaking all my rules! lol If Olly had a large part in designing the art for R3 he is an amaZing artist. The black/orange/off white colors are so unique and compelling. I want to just "hug" the cover art...:hug:

AJLareneg
09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Well your right. It's not necessarily the "amount" of merchandise a fan has but the "quality" that counts (as it is with most things in life too - quality always beat quantity). But having a lot of collectibles (especially if they're ALL quality) can make you a more interesting fan (bigger is probably not the best choice of words). I've never owned any signed material. You can see how much of an impact the Resistance series' and the new R3 artwork is having on my psyche...I just bought my first signed poster! I'm breaking all my rules! lol If Olly had a large part in designing the art for R3 he is an amaZing artist. The black/orange/off white colors are so unique and compelling. I want to just "hug" the cover art...:hug:
Yea I can see that! I agree with that... I just collect because it is fun but never intend for it to be a competition. It's really fun to have other collectors to talk about it with too, and have other people appreciate your collection as well...so that too! I was never a huge fan of signed stuff either until I got more into the games stuff. First was signed inFamous and inFamous poster... haha. though my Resistance will be my favorite signed item just because of the memory that comes with it.

Did you see the Olly Moss inspired R3 trailer?? it's pretty awesome too. The entire trailer is in the same kind of style. :)

mosavon
09-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Has anybody had any contact from Gamestation in the UK? Im yet to receive confirmation that the survivor's i have ordered have been packed let alone despatched

Mike1888
09-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Neither have I from amazon.de

mosavon
09-09-2011, 01:24 AM
It just says un-shipped within my account, i have posted on the UK Playstation forum, normally they email when its despatched :nea:

foreverflash
09-09-2011, 02:08 AM
It just says un-shipped within my account, i have posted on the UK Playstation forum, normally they email when its despatched :nea:Uh oh. Well not much I can do over here in little old MA but wait patiently! I have faith!

Gemini-Phoenix
09-09-2011, 04:02 AM
Has anybody had any contact from Gamestation in the UK? Im yet to receive confirmation that the survivor's i have ordered have been packed let alone despatched

Yes, I received an eMail Thursday afternoon confirming dispatch. A bit later than I had expected, but as you probably know GAME abd Gamestation are having a few website problems lately due to their new site design

However, I believe I read on Twitter that all pre-orders are being sent out via expediated delivery to ensure delivery on release day, so even though I only got the dispatch email yesterday, I am expecting it later this afternoon

I also believe that Resistance 3 was released mid-week in some parts of Europe, and I have seen several collectors on other forums posting pictures and unboxing videos up of this set as well as the PlayStation Move set. Most of them seem very happy with it, and it's getting some praise for quality. A contender for this year's CE.O awards maybe? Could be this year's Bioshock 2 CE perhaps?

mosavon
09-09-2011, 04:05 AM
i haven't heard a dicky bird from them...hoping to see 5 off these later today cant wait

vhal_x
09-09-2011, 09:35 AM
My order better get here today then! xx

Gemini-Phoenix
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
My order better get here today then! xx

Doubtful, if the eMail I just received is anything to go by...

Just received this from Gamestation:

"Unfortunately there has been an issue with our Order Despatch system
and your order has been delayed.
Your order is on it's way but it will not arrive on release day.

We understand your disappointment and as a gesture of goodwill we will be
refunding £5 to your payment card.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The Customer Service Team
Gamestation.co.uk"

Pretty sloppy if you ask me, and all we get is a £5 partial refund? :scratch:

EDIT: And no sooner had I written this, I get another eMail from GAME saying the exact same thing in regards to my Warhammer: Space Marine CE...

vhal_x
09-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Got the same email as you, hmph. Better turn up tomorrow or I'm not gonna be happy xx

mosavon
09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
These are "john wayne's" seriously!!! i couldnt even contact them today by phone...i too am still waiting for these

ob1ob
09-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Has anyone heard anything from GAME yet? I also received the email stating the delay, but my order is showing as cancelled on my account. I just found out that my bank blocked a charge from GAME as fraud prevention, so I called them and unblocked my card. Now I am trying to contact GAME to see if they will fullfill my order.

ob1ob
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
GAME and GameStation have now blocked me from ordering for fraud failure regardless of what credit card I use. :banghead: Where else is the Special Edition available?

AJLareneg
09-15-2011, 08:05 PM
GAME and GameStation have now blocked me from ordering for fraud failure regardless of what credit card I use. :banghead: Where else is the Special Edition available?

oh wow, this /exact same thing/ happened to me when i tried to get the inFamous 2 special edition from GAME. as far as i know my card is still forever blocked on there.... actually ANY card I tried to use on their website was blocked.

...so i had a friend order it for me instead. >_> maybe you could try that?

ob1ob
09-16-2011, 01:15 AM
oh wow, this /exact same thing/ happened to me when i tried to get the inFamous 2 special edition from GAME. as far as i know my card is still forever blocked on there.... actually ANY card I tried to use on their website was blocked.

...so i had a friend order it for me instead. >_> maybe you could try that?

They just block you forever? That's a ridiculous policy. I spoke to a GAME csr rep, and all she could say was that my order was cancelled for possible fraud. The fraud dept. couldn't give her any more details. I think I'll try ebay.

foreverflash
09-16-2011, 02:01 AM
They just block you forever? That's a ridiculous policy. I spoke to a GAME csr rep, and all she could say was that my order was cancelled for possible fraud. The fraud dept. couldn't give her any more details. I think I'll try ebay.You know guys, retailers in the USA are not like this. I can not believe the absurdity that goes on in dealings with these UK retailers (namely any related to the GAME group). This kind of stuff just does NOT happen in the USA. What a fucking circus you got there in the UK, a fucking circus I say!

mosavon
09-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Totally, not only did people not get theirs but people who did got damaged ones for good measure, complete fiasco...ill be amazed if they get anything of this magnitude again

Game need to learn how to pack items better a few air bags here and there just dont cut it for my standards

AJLareneg
09-16-2011, 05:28 AM
They just block you forever? That's a ridiculous policy. I spoke to a GAME csr rep, and all she could say was that my order was cancelled for possible fraud. The fraud dept. couldn't give her any more details. I think I'll try ebay.

From what I can tell, yea. I called my bank and got the OK to go through and when I tried to order again GAME's website automatically blocked my sale. Like I said too, I tried several cards, so it seems like they just blocked my account or something. I tried contacting their customer service and it was pretty awful too. They kept telling me to call their TOLL NUMBER and I am in the USA, and despite me telling them that it would probably cost me a small fortune to call their number, and I refused to do so, that's all they'd really say.....other than "WELL I DUNNO WHATS GOING ON LOL IT SHULD WORK"

:| so whatever. i just can't order from them directly at all.

foreverflash
09-16-2011, 05:51 AM
From what I can tell, yea. I called my bank and got the OK to go through and when I tried to order again GAME's website automatically blocked my sale. Like I said too, I tried several cards, so it seems like they just blocked my account or something. I tried contacting their customer service and it was pretty awful too. They kept telling me to call their TOLL NUMBER and I am in the USA, and despite me telling them that it would probably cost me a small fortune to call their number, and I refused to do so, that's all they'd really say.....other than "WELL I DUNNO WHATS GOING ON LOL IT SHULD WORK"

:| so whatever. i just can't order from them directly at all.I don't think you should give up and I DON'T think you should be using their "customer service" phone #. This CAN be corrected. There is no reason for your account to be blocked or payment methods if your not actually committing fraud. Try email and/or LIVE chat on the site (Think they have that). Don't just give up and be content w/ never ordering from them again...

AJLareneg
09-16-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't think you should give up and I DON'T think you should be using their "customer service" phone #. This CAN be corrected. There is no reason for your account to be blocked or payment methods if your not actually committing fraud. Try email and/or LIVE chat on the site (Think they have that). Don't just give up and be content w/ never ordering from them again...

Maybe, they don't have anything I want ATM anyway...but I had a friend that lived nearby a GAME store and she just walked in and picked it up for me anyway...plus I am fairly certain she packaged the item better than GAME would have also.... so maybe it worked out better. LOL.

Noodles
09-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I really wanted this one, but left it too late and missed out. :(

Good to know I'm not the only one who's had issues with Game's customer service either, although ob1ob situation with them is really screwed up. :rant:

evilvort3x
09-17-2011, 01:25 PM
right i have ONE more of these for sale...... in pretty much perfect condition 2 minor marks.... looking for 145 before post though... ill make it clear

ob1ob
09-17-2011, 02:34 PM
A member on another forum ordered from gameplay.com after GAME did the same thing to him. I bought one off ebay. I hope I recieve it ok.

I'm going to write a letter to GAME corporate explaining what happened and that treating honest people like criminals is bad customer service. I could easily provide copies of items proving my ID to satisfy their suspicion of fraud. Maybe if enough people do this, they will change their policy.

gurpswoo1
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Don't know if this helps, but the real number for GAME customer service is: 01256 784000. No need to call the toll number.

In terms of the blocking, the new site has a system that is directly connected to the address. Both a Credit card and address are linked even though they are separate in the account section.

I fixed this by:

1) Go to Account
2) Select "Edit personal Details"
3) Select "Wallet" from the Left
4) Select "Delete Card" - You should have no cards there
5) Now "Select Manage Addresses"
6) Select "Add New Address"
7) Fill in the details but do not enter details that are NOT necessary or compulsory
8) Save the address
9) Go back to "Manage Address"
10) Delete the old address, you may have to make the new address default
11) Go back to "Wallet"
12) Select Add New Card - enter the new card details
13) Ensure that you tick the circle at the bottom, which is the address you just entered. This creates a new link to the a card and the address
14) Save

15) It should now work.

ob1ob
09-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the information on restoring my account. I would like the ability to order in the future. I ordered Resistance 3 SE from an ebay seller in India. Then strangely I received it from GAME yesterday. I checked my GAME account and all of my attempted orders still show as "cancelled" and my credit card has not been charged. I'll try to contact them again to straighten this out. Ironic that they ban me for fraud then send the game without charging me. What a mess!