PDA

View Full Version : RESISTANCE 3

Collector's Edition
06-01-2010, 07:04 PM
resistance-3-special-edition-ps3-2
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/resistance-3-special-edition-ps3-2)

Gemini-Phoenix
05-26-2011, 07:43 PM
According to a recent news post by ShopTo, two new editions for the forthcoming Resistance 3 for the PS3 (UK & European PAL)

It is due out in Europe on the 7th of September 2011, and the UK / Ireland on the 9th of September 2011

http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/05/26/resistance-3-collectors-edition-and-more-details/

RESISTANCE 3 SPECIAL EDITION
The Resistance 3 Special Edition comes with a steelbook case packed with a voucher code for all of the pre-order items listed above.
In addition this version will also come complete with a very cool ‘vinyl effect’ blu-ray disc.

There will also be numerous pre-order bonuses in addition to the above:

PRE-ORDER BONUSES

SRPA Black Ops skin
Infected Nathan Hale skin
Air Fuel grenade
Special multiplayer title: “Sentinel”
Multiplayer booster
Chimera tooth necklace

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/res2.jpg

PS. Not to be confused with the SURVIVOR EDITION (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4618)

Gemini-Phoenix
05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
According to a recent news post by ShopTo, two new editions for the forthcoming Resistance 3 for the PS3 (UK & European PAL)

It is due out in Europe on the 7th of September 2011, and the UK / Ireland on the 9th of September 2011

http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/05/26/resistance-3-collectors-edition-and-more-details/

RESISTANCE 3 SURVIVOR EDITION
The Survivor Edition seems to be the most special of them all, this is what’s included:Canvas satchel
Capelli’s rugged and reliable satchel, ideal for long journeys across the ravaged American landscape.

Chimera firing range target
Know your enemy; perfect your aim or take out your frustrations on this life-size Chimera target poster.

“Fight for Freedom” toy soldiers
Play out the battle on a small scale with these toy soldiers depicting Joseph Capelli and Chimera fighters.

Joseph Capelli’s Journal
Read Capelli’s notes on the journey ahead of him, the enemies he’ll face and the weapons he’ll use – and start writing your own story as you fight the Chimera.

SRPA hip flask
Keep the cold at bay or give yourself the courage to fight on with this standard issue SRPA soldier’s hip flask.

SRPA playing cards
Pass the time between battles with this deck of SRPA soldier’s playing cards.

There will also be numerous pre-order bonuses in addition to the above:

PRE-ORDER BONUSES

SRPA Black Ops skin
Infected Nathan Hale skin
Air Fuel grenade
Special multiplayer title: “Sentinel”
Multiplayer booster
Chimera tooth necklace

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/res1.jpg

PS. Not to be confused with the lesser SPECIAL EDITION (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4617)

Gemini-Phoenix
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
I will also just add that the Survivor Edition will also include the Special Edition SteelBook as a basis, which isn't clear in the text above, but is shown in the promotional photo

gurpswoo1
05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Beat me to it, just noticed it.

I am writing the news page for this and the others as I we speak, should have them up in the next 1-2 hours.

gurpswoo1
06-01-2011, 07:23 PM
** Added Special and Survivor Edition to database**

Note that as no price is has been released it has been estimated but will change as it comes available.

Gemini-Phoenix
06-07-2011, 05:59 AM
According to Sony's official PlayStation blog, the Doomsday Edition of Resistance 3 has just been announced (And demoed) at this year's E3!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/06/resistance-3-e3-2011-trailer-doomsday-edition-revealed-demos-in-l-a/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=resistance3_e311_060611

The Doomsday Edition wil include:

Resistance 3 game
1x PlayStation Move wand
1x Navigation controller
1x PlayStation Eye camera
1x Sharp Shooter perpheral

No word yet whether this will also be available in the UK and Europe, and no price has been announced for the North American set as of yet either.

Also, no colours have been announced, and neither have any details regarding whether these peripherals will feature Resistance 3 branding

EDIT: Here's some more info, as posted on Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5809231/resistance-3-bundle-includes-move-plastic-gun

From the picture below, the price seems to be $150 for this bundle

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/resbundle.jpg

gurpswoo1
06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
The same price and contents as the Socom version, nothing special but a price saving. Oh well, I was hoping for a unique coloured shooter or something.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Just to mention that the Survivor Edition is now a Gamestation exclusive here in the UK, and it will retail at £99.99

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/resistance-3-survivor-edition-139251

gurpswoo1
07-19-2011, 09:55 PM
WHAT - A Gamestation exclusive.

This world get more crazy every day.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
The crazy thing is, it was previously posted on the GAME website (as I reported above), and then suddenly flipped to be a Gamestation exclusive. Not sure how they managed that, and I still don't understand how Gamestation can secure exclusives when they are owned by GAME. The fact that this appeared on one site and then the other is just shocking

gurpswoo1
07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Contents trailer released

jwDKBq5892Q

twistedsymphony
07-22-2011, 08:55 PM
The crazy thing is, it was previously posted on the GAME website (as I reported above), and then suddenly flipped to be a Gamestation exclusive. Not sure how they managed that, and I still don't understand how Gamestation can secure exclusives when they are owned by GAME. The fact that this appeared on one site and then the other is just shocking

I'd hardly call it "shocking"...

The only reason it's "exclusive" to one subsidiary and not the other is because the corporate powers that be decided to make it so... it's probably the same reason it was able to switch from one store to the other... the likely decided that it's it's a better fit for the "image" they're trying to portray with one store as opposed to the other.

------------

I used to work at "Record Town" and we had a sister store in the same town called "Coconuts". both no longer exists and all stores have since been renamed "FYE"... they're all owned by "Trans World Entertainment corp"

In any case the stores had different promotions, a different employee dress code, and different employee badges, even though they were essentially the same exact store owned by the same company and selling the same type of products.

At Coconuts employees were REQUIRED to wear t-shirts and jeans and they had badges that looked like back stage passes... all of the placards that identified the music on the shelves were hand written with a sharpie... meanwhile Record town required a Record Town polo shirt with black pants, a name-tag style badge and the placards were computer printed ...

Coconuts carried a lot of Alternative and "underground" music, while Record town carried mostly top 40 stuff.

TWEC basically assumed that they would use the stores to appeal to different demographics... I'm sure GAME and Gamestation are essentially the same situation.

They probably assume that one store will cater to "mainstream" gamers who go for things like the Wii, Rock Band, Movie tie-in games and FIFA, while the other store caters more toward the "Hardcore" gamers who are more likely to go for the lesser known, "higher quality" titles

-------------

It doesn't take much to see how each "store" is being marketed..

GAME.co.uk has bright white with purple accents and is advertising Fifa 11, Harry Potter, and a bundle with Little Big Plannet

Gamestation.co.uk has dark/gritty black and grey graphics, shows a 20-something male holding a controller and is advertising the Gears of War 3 console bundle, the BattleField 3 Limited Edition, and Call of Juraz

Which store do you think appeals to the "mainstream" gamer... which store do you think appeals to the "hardcore" gamer.

... now? which store do you think is a better fit to sell an "exclusive" Special edition of Resistance?

bulkhead72
08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
How and where can I purchase the Special or the Survivor Editions of Resistance 3? If I were to play on a US console, will the in-game bonuses function?

Mike1888
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Has anyone been playing the Beta for this? VERY fun! Both the Game and the CE are looking great! :)

Oh and I'm guessing that the PAL codes will not work with a U.S. PSN account.

mosavon
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM
No they wont work on a NA account...are you opening it then lol?

Mike1888
08-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah, too many cool contents to keep sealed :) I'll probably play an NTSC version of the game though.

AJLareneg
08-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Does anyone know if this CE is going to be limited? I can't afford the import price right now, but I wanted to try to purchase some of the CE content separately...but if this is going to be limited that might be difficult.

mosavon
08-11-2011, 12:17 AM
No idea, i doubt it with it being a mainstream title

bulkhead72
08-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Can anyone please send me a link where I can pre-order the Survivor edition? I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

fod
08-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Can anyone please send me a link where I can pre-order the Survivor edition? I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

sorry bulkhead its european only i think

AJLareneg
08-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Yea it is. I'm debating on trying to get someone to middle me a copy of it or just wait and see if it drops in price once its out. That's why I'm trying to figure out how rare it might be.

kennyrh
08-14-2011, 10:54 AM
For some reason it's disappeared from the Gamestation website. I've sent them an email - will report back.

vhal_x
08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
If it's disappeared, that suggests it has sold out xx

mosavon
08-14-2011, 05:34 PM
are you sure vhal.?..ive never ordered with gamestation until i ordered 5 lol...that means its limited if true

kennyrh
08-14-2011, 10:26 PM
If it's disappeared, that suggests it has sold out xx

In my experience GAME and Gamestation are a bit weird (dare i say incompetent) with some of their CEs. Mortal Kombat KE was a good example. Pre-orders were stopped, people who pre-ordered didn't get theirs and then a coupla weeks after release loads turned up.

So hoping it's still available

evilvort3x
08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
me too ...

ChrissyCooza1
08-15-2011, 03:39 AM
not exactly a fan of Gamestation but I would like to use my xp card to get a discount on the Steelbook Resistance

kennyrh
08-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Got a message back from Gamestation via e-mail which doesn't exactly shed much light on the situation.

"I’ve spoken to our buying team and unfortunately there are no plans to stock this product again. But this may change, and as soon as we have more information we will update our website"

Sold out?? . . .Pulled?? . . .I'll see if i can get some sense out of my Gamestation buddy when i see him on Friday :suicide:

vhal_x
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm afraid that means sold out, as my order is still open (so not been pulled) xx

kennyrh
08-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Okay, thanks Vhal - that seems to clear up that one then. Just praying that Gamestation have got their supply and demand figures wrong as usual :beg:

PATRICO
09-03-2011, 09:36 PM
World's First Unboxing of Resistance 3: Survivor Edition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDaj3QxDwTg
My first unboxing:-)

mosavon
09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
thanks really like the box art and the steelbook, quite disappointed with how its packaged though the box looks really thin YET again seems like im under pressure with packing these

foreverflash
09-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Cool. Best part of this is the steelbook and journal.

SquirrelRaper
09-06-2011, 03:40 AM

You can buy it here: http://www.game4game.at

Yeah, the survivor edition is not a gamestation exclusive. Just go to that site and buy one. They ship internationally.

mosavon
09-06-2011, 03:50 AM
You can buy it here: http://www.game4game.at

Yeah, the survivor edition is not a gamestation exclusive. Just go to that site and buy one. They ship internationally.

Correct, just exclusive within the UK

m5pwr
09-07-2011, 07:29 AM
A Finnish gamestore called vpd are also selling survivor edition:
http://www.vpd.fi/tuote/23862/110/125/PS3/Toiminta/Resistance%203%20-%20Survivor%20Edition%20PS3

It also says that they have 8 in stock.

They are willing to export
If you contact them by e-mail:
Vpd@vpd.fi

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Legendhawk
09-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Here is my Resistance 3 - Survivor Edition UNBOXING !
This nice and cool edition which is only in Europe ;) hope you like it .
A must have edition .

UDd2OXHeebk

Contains:
- Joseph Capellis Journal
- SRPA Bottle
- Leather Bag
- Shooter Practice Chimera Poster
- Fight For Fredom : Toy Soldiers
- SRPA Playing Cards
-Special Edition w/ DLC

foreverflash
09-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Very cool Legend. Can't wait to get mine. Should be coming in a few weeks...but I already got my USA edition w/ chimera necklace! lol So cheap but I still swoon over it...:rotf:

Lemur
09-08-2011, 04:39 PM
What's the USA edition? I think US gets either normal or doomsday?

AJLareneg
09-08-2011, 10:00 PM
What's the USA edition? I think US gets either normal or doomsday?

Yea the USA one gets Doomsday or regular, but if you pre-ordered the game at Gamestop you get the Chimera tooth necklace with it.

foreverflash
09-09-2011, 02:03 AM
What's the USA edition? I think US gets either normal or doomsday?Like AJ said, you just get a Chimera "tooth" necklace as a bonus gift (not included in the package). It's pretty nice though for a cheap item. Has good detail. Nice little collectible for fans. I don't believe the Chimera necklace is offered in Europe is it AJ? So I guess we got something exclusive! lol We also get the "multiplayer Boost pack code" :tumbleweed:

AJLareneg
09-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Like AJ said, you just get a Chimera "tooth" necklace as a bonus gift (not included in the package). It's pretty nice though for a cheap item. Has good detail. Nice little collectible for fans. I don't believe the Chimera necklace is offered in Europe is it AJ? So I guess we got something exclusive! lol We also get the "multiplayer Boost pack code" :tumbleweed:
Nope, it is offered in Europe as pre-order bonus too. Nothing exclusive for us this time around.

foreverflash
09-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Sadness fills the room...

:sorry:

AJLareneg
09-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Well the US got the R2 CE and Europe did not, so I guess this is what happens. :b

Lemur
09-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Asia gets nothing as usual :pooryou:

foreverflash
09-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Well the US got the R2 CE and Europe did not, so I guess this is what happens. :bYea but they whipped the R2 CE together with little thought put into quality; it was really a worthless CE. So many overstock left over and still today they sell cheap. Then big ol' Europe gets the treatment and "stop the bus!" - it's of course WAY better than anything the R2 CE could've been...

Again, sadness (and maybe a little laughter)
:tomato:

Lemur
09-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Yea but they whipped the R2 CE together with little thought put into quality; it was really a worthless CE. So many overstock left over and still today they sell cheap. Then big ol' Europe gets the treatment and "stop the bus!" - it's of course WAY better than anything the R2 CE could've been...

US gave R2 CE the snub so they give the R3 CE to Europe now! Punishment! Hehehe :facepalm:

AJLareneg
09-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Yea but they whipped the R2 CE together with little thought put into quality; it was really a worthless CE. So many overstock left over and still today they sell cheap. Then big ol' Europe gets the treatment and "stop the bus!" - it's of course WAY better than anything the R2 CE could've been...

I quite liked the R2 CE. artbooks and figurines are my favorite pack-in items tbh.

foreverflash
09-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I quite liked the R2 CE. artbooks and figurines are my favorite pack-in items tbh.It was nice in theory, but the actual items themselves were very "generic" and cheap quality IMHO. The figure was just a detailed cheap plastic toy and the artbook was nothing different from all the other "artbooks" that they'd include in a lot of mass market CE of recent years w/ the "small, game-case size artbook".

However, I still did like the figure even though I thought it was cheap. For a while actually I had it displayed on my desk LOL It was a cool little figure but just not a "premium" figure like those sideshow collectibles would make (or HotToys).

Mike1888
09-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I liked that edition, and the figure I thought was nice even though it seemed to take me forever to get that damn bullseye in his hands.

I want them to make a high-end, limited, numbered statue of Hale.

:drool:

foreverflash
09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
I liked that edition, and the figure I thought was nice even though it seemed to take me forever to get that damn bullseye in his hands.

:drool:Took me a while too to get the gun positioned. Did not fit well in the figures hands! lol Even for a cheap toy the chimera figure was cool and well detailed. I especially liked the custom "base" that it came w/ to allow it to stand.

A high end statue may be possible if Sideshow Collectibles takes interest! They make premium figures for everything! Video games moves, shows and everything in between...(not cheap, sell for hundreds of $, expensive and numbered/limited).

AJLareneg
09-10-2011, 04:43 AM

YES YES YES YES a thousand times YES! if they like money they should. they could have all of mine for it. :D:D:D:D they should make an infamous one too while theyre at it

It was nice in theory, but the actual items themselves were very "generic" and cheap quality IMHO. The figure was just a detailed cheap plastic toy and the artbook was nothing different from all the other "artbooks" that they'd include in a lot of mass market CE of recent years w/ the "small, game-case size artbook".

However, I still did like the figure even though I thought it was cheap. For a while actually I had it displayed on my desk LOL It was a cool little figure but just not a "premium" figure like those sideshow collectibles would make (or HotToys).
I liked the figurine! I thought he was well worth the price of the CE alone. It was only $20 more than average game prices, and usually figurines of that quality are sold alone for $20...let alone the art book...which I also did like! I love art things though. i wouldn't have minded a bigger one, but I was happy with the one I got.

twistedsymphony
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
*** Australian survival edition added with photos from themidlandmaster ***

mosavon
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
*** Australian survival edition added with photos from themidlandmaster ***

This edition is called "Survivor Edition" no biggie just letting you know :2cool:

twistedsymphony
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
This edition is called "Survivor Edition" no biggie just letting you know :2cool:

:censored: thanks for catching that!

mosavon
01-28-2012, 08:07 PM
No Sweat :beer: