PDA

View Full Version : New member from the US

AJLareneg
06-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here. I've been looking at some of the collections here and I must say I am amazed at them! I don't have nearly as impressive of a collection as any of you... I am a little more specified in my collecting though.

By specified I mean I mostly collect items relating to just one game title, and if you can't tell by my icon it is inFamous. I actually have a website for it here:
http://infamous.zombaid.net

and a picture of most of my collection here:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2wnus85.jpg

I also do have a rather small collection of other CEs and stuff as well. I've got press kits for Heavy Rain and Resistance 2.. As well as that UK HMV exclusive Heavy Rain edition.

For regular CEs I've got ones for Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Resistance 2 (x2) and Littlebigplanet 2... I think that's all of them. I don't have good pictures of them though. I can get some if anyone is interested though. My main focus is inFamous things though.

Speaking of inFamous, I am eagerly searching out an inFamous 2 press kit... :D If anyone here has one consider me extremely interested.

Mike1888
06-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Wow! I think its pretty safe to say you have the best inFamous collection!
I love the signed inFamous 1. I bid on a signed infamous comic back in the day but the seller ended the auction before it was done.
:welcome:

AJLareneg
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Thank you very much! :D I actually have two of those signed comics somehow... one of them I had bought on its own and then another one happened to come with something else I was bidding on.

Your post also just reminded me, I have a signed copy of Resistance 1 that I got done in-person at an event held by Insomniac Games.

Mike1888
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Thank you very much! :D I actually have two of those signed comics somehow... one of them I had bought on its own and then another one happened to come with something else I was bidding on.

Your post also just reminded me, I have a signed copy of Resistance 1 that I got done in-person at an event held by Insomniac Games.

Yeah I looked through your website :) Lucky!

OMG - R:FoM signed? Selllll me that!! :drool:

AJLareneg
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
OMG - R:FoM signed? Selllll me that!! :drool:
Yep! I got it signed /in person/ by the staff. It was a lot of fun. Here's some pictures~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/r1-03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/r1-02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/r1-01.jpg

:) I don't think I could part with it though. It's super special to me considering all the circumstances with it and all.

Mike1888
06-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Yep! I got it signed /in person/ by the staff. It was a lot of fun. Here's some pictures~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/r1-03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/r1-02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/r1-01.jpg

:) I don't think I could part with it though. It's super special to me considering all the circumstances with it and all.

OMG that looks incredible! R:FoM is one of my favourite FPS's ever...if you ever are even thinking about selling it, please message me on here first!

You have the R2 press kit as well, nice! :bananayes:

AJLareneg
06-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks so much again! :D Yes, Resistance is one of my favorite franchises on the PS3 as well... I'm still debating on importing the R3 CE or not..depends on how expensive its going to be.

Actually Resistance was the deciding factor on me getting a ps3 in 2008! It seemed only natural I chose that title to get signed by the dev team. :)

Mike1888
06-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Resistance 2 wasn't nearly as good unfortunately :( The amazing co-op didn't really makeup for the huge downgrade in the MP imo. Resistance 1 is still probably the best MP experience I've had on PS3.

I'm going to be pre-ordering it, it comes with so many great items although I would have liked another statue like in the R2 one. I just hope its a little more limited than the R2 CE.

AJLareneg
06-06-2011, 01:02 AM
No I agree, it wasn't. Plus I felt like the single player was quite a bit more watered down in R2 as well.

I'm still on the fence about it. I really really want it but I don't know if I will be able to afford it, depending on the price. I'll have to see when it gets priced. I would have liked another figurine like in the R2 CE, but at least Resistance got a line of figures outside of just CEs as well.

Mike1888
06-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Maybe you should consider selling a certain signed item from earlier in the series...to makeup the money for it ;) Yeah I've seen those figures and they look pretty cool but I can never get around to buying figures on their own. All the figures I have (on display at least) are from CEs or pre-order bonuses.

mosavon
06-06-2011, 01:28 AM
I must say its refreshing to see a collector who goes all out and falls in love with a certain game/franchise, good on you

Am i the only one who thought R2 rocked online? really enjoyed it and im majorly anticipating the next instalment :nea:

Mike1888
06-06-2011, 01:37 AM
I must say its refreshing to see a collector who goes all out and falls in love with a certain game/franchise, good on you

Am i the only one who thought R2 rocked online? really enjoyed it and im majorly anticipating the next instalment :nea:

I agree! Hes the first collector I've seen to collect mainly for inFamous. Usually you get the MGS, or Zelda collectors and such. But inFamous 2 only a 7.5 on gamespot!? That worries me :(

It had a decent MP...but did it rock? Meh! Can it compare to R:FoM MP? Noo way :pooryou:

In R3, there going back to small games, so I'm excited about that. Hopefully it will be highly competitive online, it looks as if it could be the first PS3-exclusive to become an MLG game :)

mosavon
06-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Not saying R:fom wasnt good man it was great, i dont get some of the downbeat on R2 though it was alot of fun, i mean sure im a slight trophy whore but the 10,000 kills was actually a blast

Anyway we are in agreement Resistance is Great

Keep up that Infamous collection, its looking swell

AJLareneg
06-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Thanks you guys for the compliments! I've spent a good year and a half building up my inFamous collection and its nice to show it around. As for inFamous 2...? I am not worried about it being bad. I've played the demo and was in the beta and it was a lot of fun. :)

Also one more thing, I am actually a she. LOL.

As for Resistance, I agree R2 seemed a little more disappointing, but both games are good in their own aspects. I just had so much fun with R1 that playing R2 at first was a little off-putting. I'm thinking R3 is hopefully going to bring together the best parts of both games. It looks awesome so far.

Mike1888
06-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Thanks you guys for the compliments! I've spent a good year and a half building up my inFamous collection and its nice to show it around. As for inFamous 2...? I am not worried about it being bad. I've played the demo and was in the beta and it was a lot of fun. :)

Also one more thing, I am actually a she. LOL.

As for Resistance, I agree R2 seemed a little more disappointing, but both games are good in their own aspects. I just had so much fun with R1 that playing R2 at first was a little off-putting. I'm thinking R3 is hopefully going to bring together the best parts of both games. It looks awesome so far.

Funny...When I was typing "He" I thought"What if its a girl!" Sure enough, haha. I completely agree about Resistance.

Can't wait to see the infamous stuff you get in the future! :)

AJLareneg
06-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Funny...When I was typing "He" I thought"What if its a girl!" Sure enough, haha. I completely agree about Resistance.

Can't wait to see the infamous stuff you get in the future! :)

Haha. It is hard to guess sometimes on the internet... It's alright though, I don't mind.

And me too! I'm still hoping I can track down a press kit for inFamous 2. I keep seeing them showing up on various media sites. Someone has to sell one eventually! (and when they do i will be there). I actually have a super cool inFamous 2 hoodie on the way... I was hoping it would arrive in time for the game's release, so I could be the hugest nerd ever and wear it, but tracking says it won't be in time. oh well.

gurpswoo1
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Welcome to forum, I agree with everyone else, great infamous collection.

Love the signed copy of resistance, I liked the first one with co-op.

Biggav4000
06-06-2011, 06:12 PM
:welcome: to the forum
Its a refreshing change to see a collector sticking with one theme.:notworthy:

Mike1888
06-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Haha. It is hard to guess sometimes on the internet... It's alright though, I don't mind.

And me too! I'm still hoping I can track down a press kit for inFamous 2. I keep seeing them showing up on various media sites. Someone has to sell one eventually! (and when they do i will be there). I actually have a super cool inFamous 2 hoodie on the way... I was hoping it would arrive in time for the game's release, so I could be the hugest nerd ever and wear it, but tracking says it won't be in time. oh well.

Hahahaha yeah that infamous 2 press kit looks pretty cool.

Cole was just announced as a character in Street Fighter x Tekken. :)

AJLareneg
06-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Hahahaha yeah that infamous 2 press kit looks pretty cool.

Cole was just announced as a character in Street Fighter x Tekken. :)
I know, I was watching the conference live. :D I'm wondering if I need to get this game now because he's in it. I guess if I can afford a VITA when it comes out it should be so.

mosavon
06-07-2011, 04:23 AM
For $249 its a pretty surprising price for what is essentially a handheld PS3, besides Uncharted makes it a buy imo...boy did Uncharted 3 look great aswell, i thought Resistance 3 looked disappointing from the tiny content they showed but still looking forward to it. Overall an average conference from Sony

Mike1888
06-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm convinced on the Vita. It looks incredible, with some great games already. The price is fine, cheaper than I expected and its coming out this holiday season! Lookout 3DS.

I agree, Resistance 3 looked very......meh. Uncharted 3 on the other hand, looked amazing. I liked the conference, it wasn't too flashy but it had lots of substance. The Microsoft presser was disappointing, besides halo 4 announcement which is coming out late 2012 :(

matze1975
06-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Hello and welcome!:welcome:
Very nice Infamous collection!:thumb:
Your signed Resistance is awesome!:drool:

MrBubbles
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome! :)

That's a great collection you have there! Biggest Infamous collection I have seen so far!

Love the signed Resistance version also. Great people are still willing to do this for their fans!

AJLareneg
06-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Welcome! :)

That's a great collection you have there! Biggest Infamous collection I have seen so far!

Love the signed Resistance version also. Great people are still willing to do this for their fans!

Probably the only inFamous collection? LOL.

Yea, the community day Insomniac did was simply amazing. You can really tell that company cares about their fans a lot. Even the head of the company was there personally greeting everyone (Ted Price). I got a picture of him holding some Ratchet and Clank plush I made, actually. :) He's really nice.

Mike1888
06-16-2011, 01:09 AM
An inFamous 2 Press Kit just went for $365 on ebay. You win?

AJLareneg
06-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Yes that was me that won it. :D I'm super excited~ I had been looking for one of those ever since I first heard about it.

mosavon
06-16-2011, 01:26 AM
nice, alot of monies though

Mike1888
06-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes that was me that won it. :D I'm super excited~ I had been looking for one of those ever since I first heard about it.

Nice!! I hoped so, I saw it earlier but forgot to post it on here. Congrats!

Now, where do you go from here? What else are you missing?

AJLareneg
06-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Nice!! I hoped so, I saw it earlier but forgot to post it on here. Congrats!

Now, where do you go from here? What else are you missing?

Nothing gets past me when it comes to inFAMOUS. :D Haha. I found the auction about a week ago or so too.

As for what's left? I suppose whatever new things come out, there is an artbook coming out in August for inFAMOUS 2. It's also by the company that did the ultra fancy Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 books, so I'm half-expecting them to do a fancy version for inFAMOUS 2 as well.

Also just browsing around I sometimes find things I didn't know about. Though I'm starting to wonder how often that is going to happen now...

As for it being a lot of money, well, I'd actually been saving since I first learned about the press kits' existence..and this was dangerously close to my max bid. lol.

Mike1888
06-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Nothing gets past me when it comes to inFAMOUS. :D Haha. I found the auction about a week ago or so too.

As for what's left? I suppose whatever new things come out, there is an artbook coming out in August for inFAMOUS 2. It's also by the company that did the ultra fancy Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 books, so I'm half-expecting them to do a fancy version for inFAMOUS 2 as well.

Also just browsing around I sometimes find things I didn't know about. Though I'm starting to wonder how often that is going to happen now...

As for it being a lot of money, well, I'd actually been saving since I first learned about the press kits' existence..and this was dangerously close to my max bid. lol.

Oh cool! I remember I was going to order an Uncharted 2 one, but it was like $300 PLUS $100 for shipping so I was like....no.

AJLareneg
06-16-2011, 01:44 AM
Oh cool! I remember I was going to order an Uncharted 2 one, but it was like $300 PLUS $100 for shipping so I was like....no.

wait, what? The shipping is $100 on it? D: Do they mail it inside of a gold box or something? Wow, I hope that isn't the case.

Mike1888
06-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah...But that was to me in Canada. It could be way less inside the U.S.? Hopefully. Also make sure to keep checking back so when pre-orders open you can pre-order number 1!

AJLareneg
06-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah...But that was to me in Canada. It could be way less inside the U.S.? Hopefully. Also make sure to keep checking back so when pre-orders open you can pre-order number 1!

Ohhh, yea it might have been because of that. Still though, wow. I know there would have been cheaper ways to send a book. That's still pretty crazy.

And I've subscribed to their mailing list, actually, hoping that the minute they offer them up I'll be first in line. :b Getting number 1 would be awesome.

AJLareneg
06-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh, I just got my press kit in the mail today! Woo-hoo!

The only down side is this seller packed in it a box way too big for it with no extra packing! The box was completely smashed and torn open on one side when I got it. The press kit is mostly okay, but some of the paper items inside are crinkled up.

Let's just say I am pretty annoyed this happened. I paid a lot of money for this thing and then it gets packed horribly. :( I understand about boxes being beat up by the post, but for it to be in a box so big without much more than 2 layers of bubble wrap around it seems kind of irresponsible.

I suppose there is nothing I can really do about it now, though.

mosavon
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Thats a shame, where was it from? maybe you can return it?

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 02:47 AM
It was an ebay auction. Also the seller is from France and the entire listing was in French, so I'm not sure I can even really talk to him. Besides, its not easily replaceable either. :(

It's not that bad, I guess, but I was hoping a more "mint" quality considering what I paid...it really should have been packed better.

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 03:07 AM
It was an ebay auction. Also the seller is from France and the entire listing was in French, so I'm not sure I can even really talk to him. Besides, its not easily replaceable either. :(

It's not that bad, I guess, but I was hoping a more "mint" quality considering what I paid...it really should have been packed better.

That really sucks. What a dumbass, if I recall it sold for over $200, and he can't take the time to find a suitable box or just throw some newspapers in there? That's brutal.

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 03:13 AM
That really sucks. What a dumbass, if I recall it sold for over $200, and he can't take the time to find a suitable box or just throw some newspapers in there? That's brutal.

Yea. :| It was $350-ish, actually. I had been saving up for this press kit ever since I first learned it existed, so I was really excited to win it.

And you are right, even some crumpled newspaper would have kept the box from collapsing in on itself and bending up parts of the kit. Most of the stuff this one comes with is paper-ish items so they are really easy to get ruined.

I'm not sure what to do with feedback about this transaction either. He did deliver my item quickly...but this packing is really horrible...all other press kits i got overseas were packed very very well. :( I just don't understand this.

But I might be making a big deal of nothing too, there is no real creases in things, more like some wrinkles here or there...the worst thing is a small tear in the envelope it all came in, but he could have gotten it like that.

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Yeah, its possible you may need to cut him a bit of slack despite the horrible packing. I got a Mortal Kombat press kit and the box was really creased and in pretty poor condition. I was pissed till I realized I couldn't as much as hold it without damaging it myself.

But overall that sounds pretty bad, if your not happy with the way it came, I suppose a negative feedback would be warranted.

mosavon
06-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Reading stuff like this really pisses me off, i have to interrogate people before ill buy from them just to be sure im not buying any old shit....you can quickly tell a genuine person from a cowboy seller, glad to say ive had good experiences on this forum but WOW ebay is getting quite bad lately in my opinion

Anyway, i agree with mike that warrants a negative for sure its not like he can blame the postal service, disgrace.....i sympathize with you here 100%

:snipe::ninja::snipe::ninja:

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 04:24 AM
I have posted images of the press kit on my website~> http://infamous.zombaid.net/misc.php#i2pk

I don't have the best camera, but if you look at how beat up the envelope it all comes in is (the first two photos, mostly in the second one). The letter from New Marais Lost Property Office (in the third picture) is the most bent up item in the kit. :\

Well, other than the things crammed into Cole's wallet. That stuff is really wrinkled up, I couldn't tell if its just mine, but looking at pictures of it on another website (we collect games (http://www.wecollectgames.com/playstation3/infamous-2-press-kit.videogame.collectors.edition.limited)) it looks like it might just be mine.

The posters and stuff too are wrinkled up around the edges of the creases where they were folded, probably from bouncing around inside the giant box they were in. :(

Like I said, it could be worse, I guess, but I am still upset about this because of how much I spent on this, and how much I had been wanting it.

The tear in the top of the envelope it came in is bugging me too, but I am not sure what to do about it. I don't think I should tape it... but I'm worried it might end up tearing more if I don't do anything with it. argh.

I guess this is what happens when you bid on auctions not in your native language?

mosavon
06-25-2011, 04:35 AM
That's a nice press kit actually

I know from what i've read that the envelope is supposed to have a worn appearance, but that tear is just plain bullshit...creases in the poster and letter are again bullshit, have you contacted that idiot?

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 04:51 AM
I haven't contacted him yet, but I might. I'm not sure what good it can do at this point but I suppose its worth it.

Also, yea, I can see its supposed to have the worn appearance, the Resistance 2 press kit I have has the worn thing going for it, but it doesn't look like someone punched it a thousand times either. Probably because the guy I bought it from knows how to pack things. :\

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 05:00 AM
I haven't contacted him yet, but I might. I'm not sure what good it can do at this point but I suppose its worth it.

Also, yea, I can see its supposed to have the worn appearance, the Resistance 2 press kit I have has the worn thing going for it, but it doesn't look like someone punched it a thousand times either. Probably because the guy I bought it from knows how to pack things. :\

That's really a shame! Just leave negative feedback. I feel bad for you, $300 and he packs it terribly and it comes damaged. Maybe try save for another one? IDK, thats just awful!

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 05:05 AM
Yea, I probably will leave negative. :( I am pretty disappointed in this.

I am thinking about trying to save up for another one, but I don't know when that will be. I wouldn't mind having one that isn't in French either. I do occasionally see inFAMOUS 1 press kits listed up, so maybe a few months down the line I will have money and be able to get another inFAMOUS 2 kit for a good deal.

All I can hope is that my next thing i'm expecting comes better packaged than this. its even more rare...heads will roll if it comes damaged....seriously. lol.

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Yea, I probably will leave negative. :( I am pretty disappointed in this.

I am thinking about trying to save up for another one, but I don't know when that will be. I wouldn't mind having one that isn't in French either. I do occasionally see inFAMOUS 1 press kits listed up, so maybe a few months down the line I will have money and be able to get another inFAMOUS 2 kit for a good deal.

All I can hope is that my next thing i'm expecting comes better packaged than this. its even more rare...heads will roll if it comes damaged....seriously. lol.

Yeah I'm really curious to see how much of them there will be down the line. Will it be like the Heavy Rain kit where you can always find 1 or 2 on ebay or will it be ultra rare!? Only time will tell. :beach:

What is it!? The reflective Hero Edition box? and hahaha, I don't doubt it.

mosavon
06-25-2011, 05:21 AM

i assume you paid with paypal, why not open a dispute?
how did he advertise the condition in the listing?

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 05:29 AM
He listed the kit in "excellent condition" in his own description (at least, this is me just looking over the french... i don't speak french but: "Tout est en excellent état !" looks like its probably saying its in "excellent condition")

also the ebay bits at the top says the condition is "like new" which isn't how I would describe this.... his photos aren't very good either... :\ I can see some of the creases on the envelope as being in his photos, but I don't see the tear..and the pictures of the posters are too small to see their condition too. Still... I would not call this "like new" at all.

as for the other item.... lets say i managed to get a replica of cole's amp. I don't know exactly how rare they are but i know they are only being given out as prizes......so we'll see~

..i am still looking for the shiny hero edition box though. lol.

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 05:35 AM
He listed the kit in "excellent condition" in his own description (at least, this is me just looking over the french... i don't speak french but: "Tout est en excellent état !" looks like its probably saying its in "excellent condition")

also the ebay bits at the top says the condition is "like new" which isn't how I would describe this.... his photos aren't very good either... :\ I can see some of the creases on the envelope as being in his photos, but I don't see the tear..and the pictures of the posters are too small to see their condition too. Still... I would not call this "like new" at all.

as for the other item.... lets say i managed to get a replica of cole's amp. I don't know exactly how rare they are but i know they are only being given out as prizes......so we'll see~

..i am still looking for the shiny hero edition box though. lol.

Actually, that's saying "EVERYTHING is in excellent condition". Wow, what a scumbag.

Umm...Wow! Amazing, can't wait to see it. I'd say that sounds pretty damn rare.

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Actually, that's saying "EVERYTHING is in excellent condition". Wow, what a scumbag.

Umm...Wow! Amazing, can't wait to see it. I'd say that sounds pretty damn rare.

EVERYTHING!? D: ......well.....maybe it was before he tossed it into the huge box. i am just so surprised...he has almost 700 feedback and its 100% positive!!

I am excited to get it. I refresh the tracking number in my phone a few times a day. I just wish I knew exactly how many of them were made... though I also need to find a place to put it!

mosavon
06-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Contact him he may accept a return failing that open a Paypal dispute saying its not as described, its worth a shot because it sounds like your really unhappy with it, if it was 30 bucks then fine but 300+ thats not on

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 05:52 AM
EVERYTHING!? D: ......well.....maybe it was before he tossed it into the huge box. i am just so surprised...he has almost 700 feedback and its 100% positive!!

I am excited to get it. I refresh the tracking number in my phone a few times a day. I just wish I knew exactly how many of them were made... though I also need to find a place to put it!

Yep! Well thats good, maybe you can negotiate with him, threaten him with a negative feedback and see how he responds.

Haha yeah I guess it would be pretty big. Sounds amazing though I've always wanted to have a life size replica of something lol. I remember I almost won a Red Faction life-size hammer signed by all the devs. Almost. :banghead:

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Yea, I just sent him a message. I just hope he can read it (or run it through a translator or something!?) the bottom of the auction said "international buyers welcome" in english so hopefully...

It will be worth displacing items for it though! i've always thought the life-size replicas were really awesome too, but this is just even cooler i managed to get an inFAMOUS one.

Almost won it? How come almost?

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Yea, I just sent him a message. I just hope he can read it (or run it through a translator or something!?) the bottom of the auction said "international buyers welcome" in english so hopefully...

It will be worth displacing items for it though! i've always thought the life-size replicas were really awesome too, but this is just even cooler i managed to get an inFAMOUS one.

Almost won it? How come almost?

Yeah I couldn't imagine him giving up that 100% feedback to easily. Do you have the infamous controller bundles? I saw some somewhere, there were 2 different ones.

It was a classic case of "Oh I'll just bid this amount, no one is as big a red faction fan as me!" then get outbid right near the end, miss the end and then "Wow! I'm dumb, why didn't I bid higher." Its like I don't understand how ebay works sometimes, or I'm just cheap. :suicide:

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Yeah I couldn't imagine him giving up that 100% feedback to easily. Do you have the infamous controller bundles? I saw some somewhere, there were 2 different ones.

It was a classic case of "Oh I'll just bid this amount, no one is as big a red faction fan as me!" then get outbid right near the end, miss the end and then "Wow! I'm dumb, why didn't I bid higher." Its like I don't understand how ebay works sometimes, or I'm just cheap. :suicide:
I have seen them!! I actually am not entirely sure if I want to pick them up yet...as far as I can tell the controllers themselves aren't branded inFAMOUS in anyway... plus they are kind of expensive to import. I think they are unique colors to just those bundles, but that is it? if the controllers do say infamous on them i might accidentally need them too. LOL.

Ohhh man. That must really suck... that actually happened to me on some inFAMOUS thing recently..it was just a small cardboard display of Cole. I bid on it ages ago thinking "NO ONE WILL PAY THIS MUCH FOR THIS THING LOL ITS JUST A CARDBOARD STANDEE" and then i got an email that someone bid sniped me on it and i just about flipped my computer against the wall. though there was another one ending about 2 hours later so i ended up bid-sniping the person that had bid on that one.

How much did it end up going for??

I am lucky the amp had a BIN on it... i didn't want to risk a bid war on that thing.

Mike1888
06-25-2011, 06:22 AM
I have seen them!! I actually am not entirely sure if I want to pick them up yet...as far as I can tell the controllers themselves aren't branded inFAMOUS in anyway... plus they are kind of expensive to import. I think they are unique colors to just those bundles, but that is it? if the controllers do say infamous on them i might accidentally need them too. LOL.

Ohhh man. That must really suck... that actually happened to me on some inFAMOUS thing recently..it was just a small cardboard display of Cole. I bid on it ages ago thinking "NO ONE WILL PAY THIS MUCH FOR THIS THING LOL ITS JUST A CARDBOARD STANDEE" and then i got an email that someone bid sniped me on it and i just about flipped my computer against the wall. though there was another one ending about 2 hours later so i ended up bid-sniping the person that had bid on that one.

How much did it end up going for??

I am lucky the amp had a BIN on it... i didn't want to risk a bid war on that thing.

True, but it does say infamous 2 on the box!! Hahahaha thank god, I'm not the only person to do something like that! It ended at like $120 I think. Then it (or another one) came back up again about 3 weeks later starting at $300, no one bid, it ended and I haven't seen it since. I just cannot stand missing out on ultra rare items that I'll probably never see up again, it just depresses me lol.

AJLareneg
06-25-2011, 06:40 AM
True, but it does say infamous 2 on the box!! Hahahaha thank god, I'm not the only person to do something like that! It ended at like $120 I think. Then it (or another one) came back up again about 3 weeks later starting at $300, no one bid, it ended and I haven't seen it since. I just cannot stand missing out on ultra rare items that I'll probably never see up again, it just depresses me lol.

Don't tempt me!! I am trying to save up money again after buying that Amp and this press kit!

Oh man, that is super depressing. I always have hope that sometime, somewhere, a super rare item will show itself again if you just give it time. Maybe it will show up again somewhere?? i wonder how many of them there is...

AJLareneg
07-11-2011, 03:01 AM
I wanted to update my situation on the press kit guy. He sent me an email in French, which I don't fully understand but from what I've deduced he's asking me to leave him positive feedback!?!

It also means he completely ignored the message I sent him before. So classy is this guy.

In other news I got my Amp!! It's amazing!! It is a lot heavier than I thought it would be. It feels like its made out of actual metal piping and stuff. My first thought of removing it from the box is that I could probably actually kill someone with it. It also came with a super neat stand.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/m-amp-01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/m-amp-03.jpg
There is a couple more photos on my website too: They're right here!! (http://infamous.zombaid.net/misc.php#amp)

Now I just need to get my hands on that maybe artbook!? (still no fancy versions announced) and the karmic variant Cole statues. :I I think the statues will be the next hardest thing to track down (though surely not as much as the amp)

After those... I am not sure what is left other than the shiny CE box. LOL.

Mike1888
07-11-2011, 07:40 PM
WOW. That is an incredible item...Wow. Congratulations on that one, it looks better than I could have imagined! The stand too, is awesome!

vhal_x
07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
How much did that cost you!?
My boyfriend is on the hunt for an inFamous amp, so if you see another one, mind PMing me the url :) xx

AJLareneg
07-11-2011, 09:27 PM
WOW. That is an incredible item...Wow. Congratulations on that one, it looks better than I could have imagined! The stand too, is awesome!

Thank you! I am really happy to have it myself. I tried asking around and I had someone else say they heard only 20 of these were made also. So that also makes me feel even more lucky to have it, especially since I'm pretty sure they are only being given out to the public via contests.

i feel lucky even though I didn't win it in a contest. LOL.

AJLareneg
07-11-2011, 09:28 PM
How much did that cost you!?
My boyfriend is on the hunt for an inFamous amp, so if you see another one, mind PMing me the url :) xx

Whoops, I totally missed this reply! LOL.

It cost me approx $450. It was on a BIN price. The auction also claimed there was only 20 ever made (a claim I've had someone else confirm as well) so I am not sure the likelyhood that another will come up. I think it was a right place, right time kind of thing.

I will definitely let you know if I stumble across another one though. :b I seem to have senses for inFAMOUS things due to the nature of my collection.

AJLareneg
08-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Finally updated my site!!
I got a set of those karmic figurines~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/AntoJLareneg/infamous/karmics2.jpg
and a signed copy of inFamous 2~
http://infamous.zombaid.net/images/g-sig2-01.jpg

funny story about the figures. someone just bought the evil cole for $250 and i got both of them for $50 total. :D

hooray for me~

I also finally got my hands on one of those shiny boxes!! it is being shipped to me right now. Now I just have to hope it was packaged well.

foreverflash
08-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Your collection is OUTSTANDING AJLareneg; simply OUTSTANDING. You should be very proud. Any way you could give me a source of where to get the amp or alternate statues of cole? I'm very anxious to get those and would pay anything!

:v:

AJLareneg
08-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey thanks! :D It means a lot when someone else likes my collection too~

Both of those items I've gotten off eBay, recently there was some other Cole variant statues listed... but they are gone now. I keep a close eye on inFamous auctions so if you want I can PM you when I find another set of them. :)

As for the AMP, I have no idea! I have heard from a few people that only 20 of them exist... so I cannot say when another one will or won't show up... I have also had 3 other people ask me where to get them now... lol. I was just lucky in finding it.

Viridius
08-18-2011, 03:46 AM
i LOVE your collection. It is awesome to see a (nearly) complete collection of such outstanding quality!

I really love the karmic variant statues! not to mention the amp and all your other goodies!

AJLareneg
08-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Thank you so much!! I hope there comes a day when I can say it is truly complete..but it seems like whenever I dare to do so something else will pop up out of nowhere.

The karmic statues and the amp are some of my favorite things, and the press kits! Truly lots of super awesome things here. :)

Sevket
09-01-2011, 05:56 PM
I think you'll be interested in these
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/01/infamous-2-festival-of-blood-witness-the-resurrection/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstati on.com%29
http://i.imgur.com/UVedO.jpg

AJLareneg
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh yea, I've been searching for one of those ever since they were supposedly given out. I've not seen *one* listed since PAX ended though. It's kind of frustrating as just about every other free shirt given away has been put up.

On that note, if anyone here has one/knows where I can get one....uhm....please let me know. D: