PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations Animus Edition Announced

Ayiu
06-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Here it comes...another Assassin's Creed Edition - The Animus Edition

The Edition comes in a big Animus Box including the following content:

In-depth encyclopedia, with comprehensive entries on the major characters, events and other important aspects of the Assassin's Creed universe

animated short movie

Soundtrack

In-game content:

Explore the prison of legendary Vlad the Impaler, the scourge of Constantinople who inspired the myth of Dracula. Seek out the hanging cell of the infamous leader to retrieve his personal blade, a deadly close quarters dagger capable of dispatching any foe.

Capacity upgrades for your hidden gun bullets, bombs & crossbow arrows to give you a decisive advantage in battle.

Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a character from Assassin?s Creed Brotherhood revamped with a Constantinople flavor: the Ottoman Jester

The Armour of Brutus from Assassin?s Creed Brotherhood

One exclusive customization item

Cost: 149.95 $ for PS3 & XBOX 360, 129.95 $ for PC

Thanks to CE.o member Javius for pointing this out.... View this article on the HomePage. (http://collectorsedition.org/5890/assassins-creed-revelations-animus-edition-announced)

Lux Æterna
06-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Now THAT'S a fucking Collector's Edition.
Too bad they didn't insert the artbook, too...

Gemini-Phoenix
06-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Is ths solely a Spanish / Portuguese version? Or will this be available all around Europe, including the UK?

themidlandmaster
06-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Announced for Australia, so probably europe too:

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-154227-Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition-PlayStation-3

foreverflash
06-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Will this be released in North America?

themidlandmaster
06-07-2011, 07:36 AM
North america usually gets a different collectors edition

Ayiu
06-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Javius posted this link
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...s-Edition.html

Unfortunately, you can't see the homepage from outside Australia....

gurpswoo1
06-07-2011, 11:08 AM
LMAO = UK customer it will cost £1000 GBP,

Print screen: http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9359/assain1000.jpg

Queen of Mudcrabs
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
The encyclopedia is tempting, but still it is missing something.

gurpswoo1
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I too think something is missing but I have to admit I loving the art work on the box.

We should also take bets on how many Editions this game will get, I going for 8.

Queen of Mudcrabs
06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Brotherhood had seven... either nine or eleven.

Javius
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure but i think that this edition is available for all world.

dafran
06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
If you're in Belgium or Holland you can pre-order it at Gamemania (http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=25622) for €99,98

Ayiu
06-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure but i think that this edition is available for all world.
I don't think so, since the beginning of AC there were always different Editions for Europe/Australia, USA & Asia. So I'm pretty sure we will see a lot more Editions the next few months.

Javius
06-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't think so, since the beginning of AC there were allways different Editions for Europe/Australia, USA & Asia. So I'm pretty sure we will see a lot more Editions the next few months.

Yes i know it, but it is rare that in the ubishop the price is in $, for this i think that in America and Europe will sell this edition.

themidlandmaster
06-07-2011, 06:29 PM
That's Australian dollars...

What were the Brotheehood editions?
Eastern Europe - Metal Figures
Codex
Auditore
Jack in the Box
Normal
Digital Deluxe
Da Vinci Edition....

Ayiu
06-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Actually there are 8 different Brotherhood Editions.

Da Vinci Edition
Steelbook Pre-Order bonus (jbhifi Australia)
Auditore Edition
Collector’s Edition (Doctor)
Collector’s Edition (Harlequin)
Codex Edition
Special Edition
Special Edition (Steelbook Asia)

MrBubbles
06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Well gotta have this 1! Nice edition. Thanks for the link Dafran, missed it on the Gamemania page. :)

gurpswoo1
06-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Just spotted the Special edition at GAME UK:

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=Assassins+Creed+Revelations+Special+ Edition

No details yet, likely DLC codes only version for £39.99.

So we already have 3 editions. Take your bets know, i'm going with 7 Editions.

Knoell
06-09-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.trueachievements.com/n4160/ac-revelations-special-editions-revealed.htm

At least 5 different ones so far. Why do they do this to us? It seems like something is missing for $150 bucks though.....

Ayiu
06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm sure that's not all.
Especially for the US....alone the name signature Edition scares me. Signature Edition - palliate word for DLC Edition :banghead:

Edit: The Best Buy Edition is not a real special Edition, I would say this one doesn't count. You just receive a multiplayer character code if you order the standard version of the game. I'm adding the others to the database.

gurpswoo1
06-10-2011, 10:43 AM
This is crazy, I really do hate the these DLC only special editions, they have made up for it by making a collector's Edition.

themidlandmaster
06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
But the collector's edition doesn't come with all of the DLC

gurpswoo1
06-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Oh, I though that all the DLC was going to be the collector's Edition. To be honest DLC is not that important to me. It will likely be part of a pre-order incentive anyway.

themidlandmaster
06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't like the DLC, will I use the Uplay DLC, i just sell the collectors edition DLC on ebay to pay for my collectors erdition :)

Knoell
06-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm sure that's not all.
Especially for the US....alone the name signature Edition scares me. Signature Edition - palliate word for DLC Edition :banghead:

Edit: The Best Buy Edition is not a real special Edition, I would say this one doesn't count. You just receive a multiplayer character code if you order the standard version of the game. I'm adding the others to the database.

I agree, but it did say the Best Buy one wasn't fully detailed, so maybe it will include something else along with a dlc code. Compared to the Gamestop one, Best Buy better step it up if they want anyone to preorder it.

Edit: Oh nevermind now that I look closely at the US gamestop edition, it doesnt have much in it. You would think they wouldn't skip over the US either themidlandmaster. I guess I will just have to be patient because there is no way I am buying either of the US editions.

themidlandmaster
06-10-2011, 06:26 PM
You'd imagine one of them is a big collectors edition, America got one for Btorherhood and Assass 2...

DaSaru
06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
the animus version needs an artbook so i don't have to buy the other edition as well. :P

themidlandmaster
06-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree, but it did say the Best Buy one wasn't fully detailed, so maybe it will include something else along with a dlc code. Compared to the Gamestop one, Best Buy better step it up if they want anyone to preorder it.

Edit: Oh nevermind now that I look closely at the US gamestop edition, it doesnt have much in it. You would think they wouldn't skip over the US either themidlandmaster. I guess I will just have to be patient because there is no way I am buying either of the US editions.

Yeah, looks like America is getting the special edition and missing the biggest two?? Still, my American copy of brotherhood was region free, so may be just buy a europe copy of one of the special editions??

The Russian Bear
06-14-2011, 06:39 PM
the animus version needs an artbook so i don't have to buy the other edition as well. :P

and defeat Ubisoft's money making scheme to make you buy multiple editions? I think not.

DJDREAM
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
for the German people you can order it at Gamestop Germany, if someone need the Animus Edtion i can order it for you.

The Darth
07-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure if it has been posted somewhere else or not but has the Animus edition been put up for pre-order in the UK? I've ordered the collectors edition with the art book etc just in case.

gurpswoo1
07-03-2011, 04:41 PM
The Darth -do you know which retailer has it up for order?

themidlandmaster
07-03-2011, 05:15 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-GB/pre-order/index.aspx

vhal_x
07-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Would someone be able to preorder this for me? As the ubishop won't allow me? It says payment authorisation failed on both mine and my boyfriend's cards? Has this happened to anybody else? xx

gurpswoo1
07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Try again during the week, it maybe a problem on their end.

vhal_x
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Try again during the week, it maybe a problem on their end.

It's been doing it for weeks now, since it first went up at a real price (not the 1000 pounds one) and I've contacted ubisoft numerous times and always gotten the reply "are you sure your details are correct", and everytime I'm like 'f*cking hell, YES!" LOL, I just sent them a big long message, ending with "I take it to Ubishop I am forever destined to not preorder/receive this edition?" They're driving me mad :haha: xx

gurpswoo1
07-03-2011, 08:35 PM
If you don't mind paying early, have to tried paying via Paypal.

vhal_x
07-03-2011, 08:39 PM
If you don't mind paying early, have to tried paying via Paypal.

I would, but skint till the end of the month now (unless I get money for my birthday next week) and am worried incase the preorders sell out lol xx

gurpswoo1
07-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Don't worry, I very much doubt it will sell out, UK retailers have yet to announce pre-orders yet. so time yet.

Littlefeet1
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Would it be too much to ask if the Animus Edition also available here in the States? C'on! Ubisoft. You have fans here too you know. Just saying.

:wave:

twistedsymphony
07-04-2011, 07:01 PM
so far the only CE in the US is the "limited edition" you get for pre-ordering at Gamestop, which I believe is just some included DLC. :( it's a damn shame...

DaSaru
07-05-2011, 12:58 AM
So the encyclopedia is also sold alone on ubisofts website. kinda makes the the animus version worth getting a bit less though i'd still be getting it anyways.

Littlefeet1
07-05-2011, 01:19 AM
@TwistedSymphony
Signature Edition is what they called it:eww. Anyway, day one purchase for sure.

@DaSaru
I'll get the encyclopedia book along with the Signature Edition If Gamestop won't carries the Animus Edition.
(fingers crossed for a better/Animus edition than current Limited edition)

Alrighty...

Ryaku
07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Animus Edition avalable in Micromania in France \o/

http://micromania.fr/vente/achat_assassin-s-creed-revelations-animus-edition-exclusivite-micromania-_Jeu-45594-PS3.html

thefunk007
07-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I am happy to purchase this for people in the US - PM if you want me to help :-)

foreverflash
07-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Guys they revealed a "Collector's Edition" for US retailers, seperate from the Animus edition. It will be available sometime soon. Retailers in US are just slow to getting the preorders up. The "Collector's Edition strategy guide" is already available to preorder on amazon.com Just be patient, the US CE is coming. It will NOT include the encyclopedia (which US buyers will have to get on ubiworkshop).

Ryaku
07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
in France we should be the last for shops revealed Collector's (we don't have uncharted 3 explorer Edition for example)

And we have Animus Edition of Assassin's Creed....

foreverflash
07-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Ryaku, the Animus edition is the best. If France will get that then you already have the best edition. The "Collector's Edition" is not as good and is for USA only.

Ryaku
07-08-2011, 05:57 PM
yes but if USA don't have animus edition on pre-order today, not sure they will have in future...

themidlandmaster
07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
The Us isn't getting the Animus eedition, only the signiture edition:
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-us/pre-order/index.aspx

twistedsymphony
07-08-2011, 07:08 PM
@TwistedSymphony
Signature Edition is what they called it:eww. Anyway, day one purchase for sure.

I know it's called the Signature Edition.

...but the Signature Edition is nothing more than some DLC Bull-Sh*t in a standard case; which is similar to all the crappy Limited Editions that EA puts out which is why I wrote it as "Limited Edition"

-----

we're not getting any kind of real CE so far for the game which I find very VERY disappointing.

Littlefeet1
07-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Disappointed. That makes two of us. Now, without a doubt. If Gamestop won't carries any other CE's for AC: Revelations. Then I have a couple of choices to make.

1.) wait it out until the last month and see if Gamestop have a change of heart. Plan un-changed. (Limited Edition/Signature edition + encyclopedia book.)

2.)Someone offered to pre-order for those wants the CE's. I'm seriously looking into that.

here's just a question: why don't Ubisoft offering the Animus Edition here in the States for those who wanted it for a very brief window of opportunity to pre-order like say...one month only and that's it?.

P.S
the guys at my Gamestop will have a fit when i'm canceling my ACR ordered. So far i haven't disappointed them yet.

foreverflash
07-09-2011, 06:52 AM
I know it's called the Signature Edition.

...but the Signature Edition is nothing more than some DLC Bull-Sh*t in a standard case; which is similar to all the crappy Limited Editions that EA puts out which is why I wrote it as "Limited Edition"

-----

we're not getting any kind of real CE so far for the game which I find very VERY disappointing.A while back there was an announcement, posted on all the various Game News sources, that there is a "Collector's Edition" for North America and an "Animus" edition for the rest of Europe and Australia. Now, has anyone got official word that the "Collector's Edition" they announced for the US has been canceled? I haven't. I see this "Signature Edition" but most likely they will be offering that contained IN the CE for the US.

Unless someone shows me proof in a link that the announced "Collector's Edition for North America" has been canceled, I know it is coming. Right now it is July 9th. November (which hasn't even a set day yet for the game) is still roughly 4 months away guys. 4 months. I am almost 98% positive that as it gets closer to that date, you will see the announced "Collector's Edition" appear for pre-order at US retailers.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Do we know yet whether the Animus Edition is going to be available from any of the major retailers here in the UK? Or just going to be an Ubistore exclusive?

themidlandmaster
07-09-2011, 08:30 AM
I'll help people out if they want the aniumus edition from Australia.

gurpswoo1
07-09-2011, 08:55 AM
No retailers in Uk have the pre-order up yet, judging by past Assassin creed collector's edition, it will be a Play.com exclusive.

Have to wait and see.

themidlandmaster
07-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Gamestop have it as an exclusive in Ireland

Gemini-Phoenix
07-10-2011, 02:27 PM
No retailers in Uk have the pre-order up yet, judging by past Assassin creed collector's edition, it will be a Play.com exclusive.

Have to wait and see.

I think so too, but I sincerely hope not. If that is indeed the case, then I would rather deal directly with the Ubistore, as I have had good service from them so far. Not even going to waste my time with PLAY.com unless I have to.

I'll wait a while and see which retailer gets it. If GAME gets it, I will order from them, but if PLAY get it, then i'm ordering direct

foreverflash
07-11-2011, 03:42 AM
So I guess I was wrong. I member of the ACR staff commented on their facebook page telling me the 3 editions so far announced (Collector's, Animus and Special) were all either AU or both AU/EU exclusives. Nothing except the "Signature" edition for US customers. (Ubisoft, you can stick it...)

:poke:

DaSaru
07-20-2011, 11:24 AM
heard news the encylopedia in retail is different from the animus. aghhh.

themidlandmaster
07-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Not only is the retail encycopedia different, it contians content not in the
Animus edition: http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-encyclopedia-white-edition/

Damn you ubisoft! I don't think there's a person on the planet who has every permutation of all the Assassins creed games!

gurpswoo1
07-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Well this is stupid, nice one Ubisoft, Can't believe this crap.

DaSaru
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
wonder if the black and white has different covers and if the carte blanche is binded or just a separate booklet of sort.

i rather they have different covers and the carte blanche is binded into. makes each more special.

once again..aghh.

themidlandmaster
07-20-2011, 02:27 PM
This image:
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/product_images/o/724/Encyclopedia_Product_Image__31593_zoom.jpg

Suggests the carte blanches come seperate

gurpswoo1
07-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Ok I will admit, that looks nice but why couldn't they included this in the animus Edition.

Matrix6
07-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Not only is the retail encycopedia different, it contians content not in the
Animus edition: http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-encyclopedia-white-edition/

Damn you ubisoft! I don't think there's a person on the planet who has every permutation of all the Assassins creed games!

Thanks for the heads up, buyers outside US be very aware that shipping cost is beyond ridonkulous!!

1x Encyclo @US$29.99 + US$44.16 shipping [cheapest shipping cost]
5x Encyclo @US$149.75 + US$166.71 shipping [cheapest shipping cost]

This isn't exactly uncommon as other game developer/publisher online stores always have ball crushing shipping fees which can easily put you off buying anything even when their stuff are on sale....which makes it worse in a way.

So, I call up on Aussies who may consider sharing the cost of shipping to make things a little cheaper for us?? [I'm based in Melbourne (surrounding suburb)]

I would suggest others from other countries to put in together if those shipping fees are of any indication. Thanks.

Gemini-Phoenix
07-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Ah ha! I finally found out where the Assassin's Creed Revelations: Animus Edition is exclusive* to here in the UK! GameStop!

Most of you may not know that GameStop have now moved into the UK market after success in America, and other European markets (including Ireland and Northern Ireland). They're now a full UK online-only retailer, and have secured the exclusive distibution rights* for this edition here in the UK!

PS3 - http://www.gamestop.co.uk/41694_PlayStation_3_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_An imus_Edition.aspx

X360 - http://www.gamestop.co.uk/41693_Xbox_360_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_Animus_ Edition.aspx

PC - http://www.gamestop.co.uk/41738_PC_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_Animus_Editio n.aspx

The console versions retail at £69.97, whilst the PC version is £10 cheaper at £59.97

*This edition is also available directly from Ubisoft via their Ubistore

vhal_x
07-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Warning though, they charge you at moment of preorder, rather than when shipping. Damn, gonna have to wait :( xx

Gemini-Phoenix
07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Warning though, they charge you at moment of preorder, rather than when shipping. Damn, gonna have to wait :( xx

As I have just found out the hard way. D'oh! However, they do give you the option to pay by credit / debit card, or PayPal

Something else I have to also mention is the fact that they also charge for shipping. I just ordered the Animus Edition from there, and they charged me £2.00 P&P. If it's well packaged, then I don't mind so much, but if they're going to scrimp on the packaging and it arrives damaged, then I will definitely be having a few words with their head office!

Matrix6
07-30-2011, 07:18 PM
That is really really expensive! [for the UK]
With the only difference between this and the normal CE being just the book itself, it's £20 more!

Between the CE and the AE, the difference is AU$10 [£7]. And price at a decent price of AU$130 as opposed to last year's AC:B Codex Ed. of $150 [crap imo].

I think Australia is getting the better economic pricing this time around, so long as they don't change the price just before release.

foreverflash
07-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Any word yet about a collector's or special edition (aside from the lousy "signature" edition) for North America? I'd be very surprised if there wasn't one because all 3 previous Assassin Creeds released in USA got a limited or collectible edition of some kind...

chdude3
08-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Man... this thread kinda died? I've been trying to find some way to import this into Canada, but I can't find any e-tailers that will ship outside of the UK. Is there any hope for this, or am I basically screwed?

Mike1888
08-16-2011, 11:18 PM
There is hope, if your willing to pay for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition-PS3-NEW-/130559310868?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1e65f0fc14#ht_1215wt_1396

Matrix6
08-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Man... this thread kinda died? I've been trying to find some way to import this into Canada, but I can't find any e-tailers that will ship outside of the UK. Is there any hope for this, or am I basically screwed?

I'm not sure if this site is of any use to you, it only seems to appear as your [home] region when entering the site...if it exist in your region. The Aminus Edition shows up on it, I don't know if it'll show up for you though?!? :scratch:
http://shop.ubi.com/

chdude3
08-17-2011, 12:27 AM
There is hope, if your willing to pay for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition-PS3-NEW-/130559310868?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1e65f0fc14#ht_1215wt_1396eBay is ALWAYS an option, but I never like to give those filthy scalpers any money if I can help it. To be honest, I'd almost rather pay MORE to get it legitimately from a retailer than I would to line the pockets of those a-holes who resell this stuff for profit.

I'm not sure if this site is of any use to you, it only seems to appear as your [home] region when entering the site...if it exist in your region. The Aminus Edition shows up on it, I don't know if it'll show up for you though?!? :scratch:
http://shop.ubi.com/Unfortunately, unless I work some proxy magic, I just get redirected to Ubi's Canada site. And shipping to Canada is not an option as far as I can tell for regions where it is available...

Well I'll keep looking and hoping!

themidlandmaster
08-17-2011, 04:27 AM
i'm willing to ship you a copy, but it might be pretty pricey

foreverflash
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
eBay is ALWAYS an option, but I never like to give those filthy scalpers any money if I can help it. To be honest, I'd almost rather pay MORE to get it legitimately from a retailer than I would to line the pockets of those a-holes who resell this stuff for profit.

Unfortunately, unless I work some proxy magic, I just get redirected to Ubi's Canada site. And shipping to Canada is not an option as far as I can tell for regions where it is available...

Well I'll keep looking and hoping!You know my friend, not too long ago ubiworkshop.com was selling a "white edition" of the same book (encyclopedia) that was included with the "animus edition". The animus edition has the "black" version of the encyclopedia. The White one is better because it comes with a bunch of bonus stuff the black one doesn't. Ubiworkshop WAS (probably not now) shipping it worldwide. So what I did was preordered that, said "to hell" with the animus edition, and I preordered the signature (to play) and the Collector's Edition (to collect) from a member in UK. This way I get "everything" for a complete collection. The Animus edition is really not the best option out there.

My suggestion to you is try to reserve the collector's edition with someone here on CE.o (obviously you have to be willing to pay in Euros and cover cost for shipping which will still be much more than if you bought it in your own country). I have mine reserved with Anjelaoni on here. Create a thread or post in one already made in the "wanted" section of forums to ask if someone can help you. You can always post in my "wanted" thread if you wish.

As for the encyclopedia, that will not be too difficult to acquire in the "white" edition. In fact my friend it is still available to preorder and on sale! Get it fast!! I just checked...

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-encyclopedia-white-edition/

hawkeye
08-26-2011, 02:19 PM
animus edition unboxing.The encyclopedia looks like a must have

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/ac-revelations-animus-edition-unboxed

Matrix6
08-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Nice, but a "real" unboxing will be good to see. The book is actually thinner than I thought it would've been, when I think encyclopedia [physically]...I image thick, hardcover books...to which this one won't be any of that.

Well, the White Edition Encyclopedia is also a soft cover anyway, so they'll match :)

Sevket
08-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I have already pre-ordered the encyclopedia at ridiculous P&P from Ubisoft

The Russian Bear
08-26-2011, 09:39 PM
The white edition looks really nice, but i can't justify paying the price + $41 shipping. Ill grab the animus or collectors edition depending on what my finances at the time.

Anjelaoni
08-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Unboxing Video (or something like that)

Click to happiness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7T0Zpqn1U&feature=player_embedded)

Sevket
08-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Unboxing Video (or something like that)

Click to happiness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7T0Zpqn1U&feature=player_embedded)

I wonder why they named it unboxing. It should have been pre-order video or something

Anjelaoni
08-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I wonder why they named it unboxing. It should have been pre-order video or something

Yeah, I know, that's why I called it "or something like that". :D Well, a "real" unboxing will certainly follow.

Sevket
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I know, that's why I called it "or something like that". :D Well, a "real" unboxing will certainly follow.

Well I will not watch it since I have tasted that pleasure in Codex Edition myself

Erroneus
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia - The Making Of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjU0qXXZpck&feature=player_embedded

chdude3
09-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Is there anywhere selling this yet that will ship overseas? Still trying to get this edition in Canada...

Twisted
10-01-2011, 06:09 AM
i just pre ordered the gamestop exclusive "signature edition" in USA...it's a FREE!!! upgrade, and consists of short animated film, additional character download and soundtrack.

Neilikki
11-03-2011, 07:15 PM
So..um..it's already sold out on gamestop.co.uk and the stupid UK Ubistore keeps redirecting me to the useless local Ubistore. Could someone who is in UK tell me if they still have Xbox copies available to pre-order? http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/html/pbPage.ACR_en_GB

nipperkipper
11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
So..um..it's already sold out on gamestop.co.uk and the stupid UK Ubistore keeps redirecting me to the useless local Ubistore. Could someone who is in UK tell me if they still have Xbox copies available to pre-order? http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/html/pbPage.ACR_en_GB

the ubostore has sold out in the UK

themidlandmaster
11-04-2011, 03:18 AM
You can still get the animus edition in australia

Neilikki
11-04-2011, 03:56 AM
the ubostore has sold out in the UK

Are you sure? I know the links to Ps3 and PC versions disappeared, but the Xbox one still stands. Why keep it if the pre-order for it is also sold out?

You can still get the animus edition in australia

Well, in my country you still can get it as well, it's just that for me personally, it would be cheaper to buy it via some relative in UK who would bring it here, i would save about £20 that way, lol.
From Australia, the game itself would still be a bit cheaper, but I know the shipping would kill me even if EB was willing to ship oversaes.

Sigh...

gurpswoo1
11-04-2011, 12:36 PM
The Xbox link doesn't work, it is sadly out of stock.

Neilikki
11-04-2011, 11:37 PM
The Xbox link doesn't work, it is sadly out of stock.

Oh, okay, thanks for telling me.
I can either wait and see if it will come back to stock due to people cancelling pre-orders, or I'll just buy it for the European price
Anyway I can't wait :bananayes:

darkabsolution
11-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Excited!!

My Animus edition was shipped like today, and got a phonecall from my mother at my old home address to say some strange looking parcel had arrived for me today, and to my surprise it was Assassins Creed Revelations already!

Can't wait for tomorrow when she's going to bring it up with her! :thumb:

Erroneus
11-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Mine was shipped yesterday from Ubi with UPS, but will not arrive before Monday, where I'm not home to play it, NOOoOOOO! )

Pielord
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Mine was dispatched yesterday but has just arrived in England so might get it tomorrow but I think that doubtful! Even if I do I have a feeling skyrim is going to take over! :p

Noodles
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
You've probably all seen it by now, but thought I'd share my picture with you anyway...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd210/soopernoodles1986/DSC_0006-10.jpg

Matrix6
11-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh wow! Is the plastic game case for it 'black'?? :O Or is that a digi-pak cardboard case? [I have this, I just haven't opened it yet] :)

Noodles
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh wow! Is the plastic game case for it 'black'?? :O Or is that a digi-pak cardboard case? [I have this, I just haven't opened it yet] :)

Yep, it's a standard plastic case but it's black. :)

Matrix6
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM
OMG, thanks, that's sooo hot! <3 Such a 'collector's item' imo ;)
The only other 'black case' I've seen for a bluray sized case is for the 'Freedom' anime special edition Bluray.

Noodles
11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
It's the first time I've come across a black case, and I have to agree with you... although it's a simple touch, it's very effective and really adds to the "collector's item" feel of the package. :D

Matrix6
11-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Totally agree, but now I feel that I should unseal it and get the Collector's Edition instead with the Art Book :S [though I did find the CE version to have an interesting box shape as well]. In defense, I did double dip for AC2 with the White and Black statues, and these don't cost as much. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning on impulse ;)

Thanks for the info and the pics mate :)

Btw, do you not have this in your Bluray collection? http://www.gearlover.com/images/ultimate-matrix-collection-bluray12.JPG

Noodles
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Haha I've been thinking exactly the same as you! I love the box design for the CE, so I've been considering double dipping and getting that one also. :P

It will be the first time I've double dipped for a game if I do decide to go ahead and buy it, but I'm hoping for a price drop sometime after Christmas, so that will definitely help me make a decision if/once it does eventually go on sale!

You're welcome bud. :)

Neilikki
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
You've probably all seen it by now, but thought I'd share my picture with you anyway...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd210/soopernoodles1986/DSC_0006-10.jpg

What did you do with the cover? D;

Noodles
11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
What did you do with the cover? D;

Don't worry, I've still got it! I just wanted to show the holographic box off without it being masked by the cardboard cover. ;)

Gemini-Phoenix
11-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I received my Animus Edition the other day as well, and love the lenticular case! However, it's a pain in the arse to store as it doesn't stand upright very well due to being angled. I don't think many people here actually realise that the case is a strange shape, like a three-dimensional parallelogram

Erroneus
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Received mine also and the Eizo figurine, yay! :)

Matrix6
11-17-2011, 02:56 PM
I love the design of the box, it's unconventionally awkward...I might get another :P LOL

Noodles
11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I received my Animus Edition the other day as well, and love the lenticular case! However, it's a pain in the arse to store as it doesn't stand upright very well due to being angled. I don't think many people here actually realise that the case is a strange shape, like a three-dimensional parallelogram

Yeah, I can't understand why they designed the box like that. Very strange indeed! It's a bugger to display with the contents inside as the book weighs the back down and makes it tip over, but when it's empty it stands up perfectly... or at least it does for me.

Pudge
11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
It's really sad, but I think that Ubishop are selling the same encyclopedia as a stand-alone product on their site for only £19.99..
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.239432500/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_Revelations_-_Encyclopedia.html

If it is indeed the same encyclopedia, IMO that makes this edition not very special at all :nea:

vhal_x
11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier, if it is the same Encyclopaedia, I think that is a very fucked up decision on Ubisofts part, makes the Animus edition not special at all, minus the fancy packaging :( xx

Pudge
11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier, if it is the same Encyclopaedia, I think that is a very fucked up decision on Ubisofts part, makes the Animus edition not special at all, minus the fancy packaging :( xx

Exactly, with that said, the fancy packaging from the Xbox 360 version of the Animus Edition (just the box, nothing else) sold for £38 excluding delivery on eBay lol :rotf:

EDIT: A couple of of things: The Picture of the encyclopedia listed on the Ubishop site looks EXACTLY the same as the one in thr picture posted on here from the Animus Edition. The other thing is that the official Ubisoft video advert for the Animus Edition says 'exclusive encyclopedia'.... hmmm

Twisted
11-21-2011, 08:07 PM
the one that is in the european ubisoft stores..is it EXACTLY like the animus edition meaning the hardcover book is also black?..because in the US we can order, what is the same artwork inside, but it is a WHITE cover and softbound, along with a folder of artwork..but we do NOT get the black encyclopedia..as where told it's 'exclusive to the animus edition" for PAL regions..someone please chime in, as my ubisoft page only redirects to North America.

vhal_x
11-21-2011, 09:37 PM
The white encyclopaedia is different to the black one in the animus edition. It's thinner (I'm sure) and includes cartes blanches, which are not included in the animus edition xx

Pudge
11-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Without buying the encyclopedia from Ubishop, just from pictures alone I am almost positive that it is the same one as the Animus Edition contains, and here is why I think that..

On the video it says 'exclusive encyclopedia' but it does not mention that the encyclopedia is actually exclusive to the Animus Edition, instead, what I think this means is that the encyclopedia is exclusive to Ubishop which it is (along with its sole retailer Gamestop). If you read the Ubishop page about the encyclopedia it says that it is an exclusive product. So that's my thoughts on it, and until someone buys the encyclopedia then I think I'll just have to assume that they are the same!

Neilikki
11-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Exactly, with that said, the fancy packaging from the Xbox 360 version of the Animus Edition (just the box, nothing else) sold for £38 excluding delivery on eBay lol :rotf:

Wow, do you have a link? I'd like to see that too

Twisted
11-22-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASSASSIN-S-CREED-REVELATIONS-ANIMUS-EDITION-PS3-Version-STOCK-NOW-/310360142617?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4842e7f319 i have a link for this atrocity..hahahahahahaha :)..

scottcross
11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
From one extreme to the other then, i managed to pick mine up today for £50 :)

Twisted
11-22-2011, 09:10 PM
answer the PM scottcross :p..that is a killer deal!!..i want in on the action..hahahahaha

Neilikki
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM

What the hell?! Where?

scottcross
11-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Lets just say I found someone who didnt quite know the value of what he had

Pudge
11-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Wow, do you have a link? I'd like to see that too

Ahh its gone off of the eBay completed listings now lol but it was real, had a lot of bids and was definitely just the box of the xbox version, this was on eBay UK. :rotf:

Matrix6
12-02-2011, 11:07 AM
I thought this would be an appropriate thread to post these pics seeing as it's a companion book for the Animus Edition.
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Assassins%20Creed%20Revelations%202011/ACEW1.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Assassins%20Creed%20Revelations%202011/ACEW4.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Assassins%20Creed%20Revelations%202011/ACEW9.jpg

Lemur
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Wow matrix I guess you're into photography as well. Your pics always have some nice themes/effects :beer:

Matrix6
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks man :lol: I just like to play around with photography, not that I'm a pro or anything, I just do with what I have. All these pics are straight from the camera, I didn't make any changes on the computer. I'm not even sure what happened to the last pic?!? :think: I took these pics just before had disappeared, I could even really see what I was doing because the sun was in my eye! :haha: But the effects is created is pretty cool as it reminds me the inside of the animus effect [Animatrix?? :D ]

Here's one that's more focused and clear
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/Assassins%20Creed%20Revelations%202011/ACEW6.jpg

RyuShinEX
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Without buying the encyclopedia from Ubishop, just from pictures alone I am almost positive that it is the same one as the Animus Edition contains, and here is why I think that..

white edition is just the same content as black + a fanart section.

I got it at 35 eur. :beer:

scottcross
12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Nice pick up for 35 eur,the encyclopedia is worth that on its own in my opinion

RyuShinEX
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I want the white encyclopedia even more. the fan art in it is pretty awesome.

matrix, any shots of the Cartes Blanches section?

"Three lives toiled. Three lives lost. Three messages delivered: the greeting, the warning, the revelation."

Matrix6
12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
More snippets of the contents for the White Encyclopedia [No temptation directed nor inclined :P ]
Hit the jump here; http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.148675655236838.25695.100002832123156&type=1

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/ACR%20Encyclopedia%20White%20Edition/ACREWE14.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/ACR%20Encyclopedia%20White%20Edition/ACREWE10.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/ACR%20Encyclopedia%20White%20Edition/ACREWE15.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/MatrixSixaxis/ACR%20Encyclopedia%20White%20Edition/ACREWE1.jpg

I want the white encyclopedia even more. the fan art in it is pretty awesome.

matrix, any shots of the Cartes Blanches section?

I'll try to take pics of your request sometime today and post it here. :) xx

RyuShinEX
12-05-2011, 06:18 AM
so that section is just a few pieces of paper?

i thought it will be hard bounded into the book. :(

scottcross
12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
For anyone thats interested gamestop have just announced that they have the xbox 360 animus edition back in stock
http://www.gamestop.co.uk/41693_Xbox_360_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_Animus_ Edition.aspx