PDA

View Full Version : Other Format SteelBooks

twistedsymphony
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I think it would be interesting to compile a list of SteelBooks from formats OTHER THAN Games, DVDs and Blu-Ray...

HD-DVD SteelBooks

Death Proof - Germany
Strip Mind - Germany
Terminator 2 - Germany

does anyone know of other Platforms that received SteelBook cases? Any Music releases or anything like that?

Gemini-Phoenix
06-18-2011, 02:56 PM
does anyone know of other Platforms that received SteelBook cases? Any Music releases or anything like that?

There are a couple of music Dvd SteelBooks, but I generally consider these Dvd's rather than music. It would be different if it were purely a music CD inside though, but as far as I am aware there aren't any such SteelBook releases where it is solely a CD and no Dvd

The two I know of are:

Manowar: Magic Circle Festival Vol. II (UK R2)
Stereophonics - Rewind (UK R2)

Both are considered quite elusive and hard to find

twistedsymphony
06-19-2011, 02:22 AM
yeah, any DVD/Blu-Ray releases that just happen to be of concert footage I'd still consider to be "movies"

I was mostly referring to Audio-CDs, SACDs, or perhaps DVD-Audio (which is a different disc format than DVD-Video)

Gemini-Phoenix
06-20-2011, 01:08 PM
yeah, any DVD/Blu-Ray releases that just happen to be of concert footage I'd still consider to be "movies"

I was mostly referring to Audio-CDs, SACDs, or perhaps DVD-Audio (which is a different disc format than DVD-Video)

I know what you mean ;)

As far as I know, such media doesn't exist in SteelBook form. I think SteelBooks are reserved mainly for games, Dvd's, and Blu-Ray's (plus HD-Dvd's). Any music CD which might be considered for the SteelBook treatment would most likely come bundled with a Dvd of some kind, but I don't know of any SteelBooks which are solely just a CD or other audio disc

Does anyone even use SACD or Dvd-A discs anymore? Lol! :think:

twistedsymphony
06-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I actually have a small collection of SACD and DVD-A discs... the format has such fantastic quality... it's a damn shame the market migrated to essentially a download-only model... god help us if games and movies go that way too :-/

evilvort3x
06-29-2011, 12:39 AM
ppl can allow music but games wouldnt happen due to DRM etc to much cost and hassle involved!