PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Mirror's Edge Steelbook for PS3

telepathy
10-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Apparently this is somewhat hard to come by but im still gonna try to obtain a copy though. It was apparently only sold in spain (how obscure :( ) so there arent any on ebay at all & doing a google search was also fruitless.

twistedsymphony
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
yeah I've only ever seen one on a spanish ebay listing...

telepathy
10-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Wait, are you serious? Is there a link to it? Im curious as to how much it sold for.

Edit:
OMG, found a new auction that's about to end tomorrow, but they only send to spain apparently :(

http://cgi.ebay.es/MIRROR-S-EDGE-EDICIoN-COLECCIONISTA-PAL-ESPANA_W0QQitemZ150381177170QQcmdZViewItemQQptZES_ Videojuegos?hash=item23036aa952#ht_1932wt_906

twistedsymphony
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
IIRC it didn't go for very much ... the listing is long gone now though.

telepathy
10-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Is it worth the $50 Euro + $7 shipping that the person currently is trying 2 sell it for?

twistedsymphony
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
that's a question only you can answer...

Gemini-Phoenix
10-24-2009, 07:55 AM
I've noticed Spain and Germany seem to be getting quite a few SteelBook editions lately which are not available in other countries. I am unsure though whether these such editions come in just their native language, or whether English is also offered - If so, they may be worth seeking out, but otherwise they are really for the hardcore collector's and obviously those which the language is their native language

telepathy
10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah, that's what i figured. i dont think i have the time to hunt down the most obscure of the obscure (though it would be nice to see in person at least)

Maven
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I know this is an old subject but just in case your still looking theres a few on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mirrors-Edge-Limited-Collector-Edition-Rare_W0QQitemZ270512697588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC _Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item3efbd030f4

I've dealt with the seller before & can say I wasn't dissapointed in the service.

twistedsymphony
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
is that the spanish version or did they release an english version as well?

Maven
01-13-2010, 10:17 AM
It's the Spanish version. There's no text on the steelbook as far as I can see & I believe the extra disk contains English language. I have tried an offer of £25 as a start & will see what the counter offer is. I'll just swap the game disk over for my UK version so my game save still works (don't want to do all those time trials again) & give the Spanish disk to a mate.

twistedsymphony
01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I will say one thing... The European releases almost always have higher quality cases... there are dozens of games were we only got a slip cover and you got SteelBooks... not to mention there are dozens of SteelBook releases in Europe were there was no CE release at all in the US.

Maven
01-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Have you never thought of setting up a system through members of this site to buy games in their country for other members abroad? This would save paying ridiculous prices on eBay & dodge import taxes. I would gladly help, I used to be the manager of a UPS store (called Mailboxes in the UK) & have good knowledge of the shipping industry. Obviously the main responsibility would rest with yourself (payments etc). I understand it takes your personal time & respect the reasons why it wouldn't be done. Just wondered if you had put any thought into it?

twistedsymphony
01-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I hadn't really thought of it actually.

Personally I'm not interested in collecting foreign games (it's one of a few self imposed boundaries I've set to keep myself from going broke over this hobby :lol:)

I'm quite handy with code, since I'm a programmer by trade, so any sort of site features I could build that would aide towards that end I'd definitely be interested in looking into.

Maven
01-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I don't really collect foreign games as such, I just import the game from which ever country has the best extras.
If your interested in setting up an import system try a poll first see if it is something the community would use, if the answer is yes I'd be more than happy to help.