PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 3 Survivor Edition: Wanted (How does this work?)

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I've always done my buying on amazon.com, ebay or at a local game shop. I've never tried to purchase something through a wanted section of a forum/site like CE.o, so I do not understand how the process would work if someone agreed to preorder a game for me. How do you verify the integrity of those your buying from? How do you keep the transaction safe? Paypal? Does the process kick over to ebay once an offer here has been accepted? I would like one of the more experienced members here to break down how this CE.o "Marketplace", so I know what to expect and can maintain a safe transaction.

With that said, I'm interested in buying the Resistance 3 Survivor Edition from a willing European Member.

Anyone willing to do this and preorder an extra copy for me, I will be willing to return the favor and obtain a US only release for a European member in return, and/or pay a fee to that someone for obtaining this Survivor edition for me. Either way I'm sure I could work out very reasonable terms with anyone interested.

gurpswoo1
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
The process is pretty simple but you can choose how you would like the transaction to take place. provided there is an agreement between the buyer and seller.

1) Start a Thread in the "Wanted" Section for a Item you would like, you have already done that , It is here that you specify particulars such as UK PAL, format, preferred Store, payment method i.e Paypal or BT, etc, etc.

2) A member will respond saying he is willing to help, via the thread or via PM.

3) You can use the feedback system which indicates how well or bad a member is. So far there have not been any bad transactions. If no feedback exist, ask for other sources of feedback such as eBay, other forums or request references from other members on the forum.

4) This is where you work out how you want the transaction to go ahead. Agree between each other if payment is wanted up front, on the day the seller receives the items and is about to send out to you, or if you will pay on arrival to you.

5) The seller should offer you an option for postage, ie tracked, standard airmail, surface mail (if your crazy), etc. Also don't forget to ask about insurance or asking if the seller is willing to mark the item as a gift and low value to save on import tax in certain countries.

That's about it in terms of the transaction.

In terms of protection you have some options, firstly if you pay via Paypal they offer little protection themselves, your credit card company however do offer protection, so pay using you credit card and not your Paypal balance but note that Paypal will charge a fee 1-3% for this this.

BT has no protection but can sometime incur less fees,

Paying the extra for insurance can protect in case the item arrives damaged or goes missing, but insurance companies are really picky about how they payout. Ensure the shipper packs with at least 1-2cm gap between the item and the box and that the item is mark to the correct value on the custom form. Of course with this you may have to pay import taxes and duties.

If you want a very big box or even more protection, the seller is more than entitled to charge for this, it's up to to the seller if he charges for this.

Traditionally it has mostly been the buyer pays for the item on the day the seller has received the Limited Edition and is about to ship out. This has been done via Paypal Gift.

That's about it, hope this helps.

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation! I thought paypal was quite secure? I use it all the time on ebay and was under the impression it was one of the safest methods for paying internationally.

gurpswoo1
07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
For eBay it's great, however outside of eBay they don't offer the same level of protection.

They will fight a case and even if you win it, if the seller has no funds you get nothing.

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Ah I see. Well, what is the MOST secure payment method then? What is that BT you mentioned (probably wouldn't do that anyhow since it's no protection?)

gurpswoo1
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
BT = Bank transfer

safest is paypal, using funds from credit card and not from paypal balance

mosavon
07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
You have a right to be cautious, we are all strangers on a forum...however ive had nothing but positive experiences with all 3 members i've dealt with, sometimes you just gotta go for it

foreverflash
07-12-2011, 11:49 PM
You have a right to be cautious, we are all strangers on a forum...however ive had nothing but positive experiences with all 3 members i've dealt with, sometimes you just gotta go for itWell you guys have so far helped to allay my apprehension, and well, I made this thread and stated in the initial post what I'm looking for, so I am "going for it". :B I'd like to thank everyone for the helpful replies so far...

Would you happen to be interested in helping me acquire Resistance 3 Survival Edition Mosavon? There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING I desire more this season than this. I'd sure make it worth your while (or anyone willing to help me). Resistance 3 has impressed me on all fronts more than any other game announced (or not) at E3. I hate to say it, but I am an enormous Battlefield fan and Resistance 3 has even impressed me more than that game, coming in at a close 2nd for me.

:drool:

mosavon
07-12-2011, 11:54 PM
i will get you it, you would need to paypal the money a day or so before release...if you can do that i have no problem getting you it

i will pre-order 2, one for me one for you, as soon as Game.co.uk open the pre-orders ill do it

foreverflash
07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
i will get you it, you would need to paypal the money a day or so before release...if you can do that i have no problem getting you it

i will pre-order 2, one for me one for you, as soon as Game.co.uk open the pre-orders ill do it
God I'm sorry man, I didn't get a damn email reply from this thread when you responded! Damn it! I'm sorry for the late reply...so you wish to help me get this? That's great! I can DEFINITELY paypal you the money, NO PROBLEM at all. Do you want to correspond via PM for any further details?

mosavon
07-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Yeah just PM me from now on

I have placed the pre-order:bday:

luckos
08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm interested in this edition too! Where could I preorder one? Is here anybody who can help me (I'm from Europe)?!

evilvort3x
08-23-2011, 11:16 AM
add me in for a preorder if back in stock... thank you mate