PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Collector's Edition
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
metal-gear-solid-ultimate-hd-collection-ps3-2
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/metal-gear-solid-ultimate-hd-collection-ps3-2)

Madigan
09-30-2011, 07:55 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/21ecnsy.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/jfd7au.jpg

Full Game Name: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Edition Name: Limited Edition

Platform(s): PS3 & Xbox360

Region(s): USA

Publisher: Konami

Release Date: November 8, 2011

Price (RRP): $79.99

Package Description:

- Specialized packaging created by series lead artist, Yoji Shinkawa

Content Description:

- Standard game
- 248 page exclusive "The Art of Metal Gear Solid" artbook

Link(s) to source(s): Source (http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2011/9/30-55)

Other Info/Pics:

Amazon Pre orders

PS3 (http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Solid-Collection-Limited-sony-playstation3/dp/B005PSTTJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317408329&sr=1-1)

Xbox360 (http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Collection-Limited-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B005PSTTFE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317408810&sr=1-1)

bbki
09-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, I kinda know this will coming out eventually
Still missing Vocal track / OST.
Why can't they just make it the same as Japanese side?

Also the US art book cover is pretty lame (I like jap ver. more just plain and simple)
Still awesome tho

Lemur
09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow nice! Another LE announced for the year end. Seems like every other day there is a new announcement. The publishers really working hard to get our money :lmao:

Guess it's time to identify those destined for the bargain bin :D

Mike1888
09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
It can't be shipped to Canada :(

Hopefully Amazon.ca gets this, great find.

Matrix6
09-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm hoping EU also gets this edition! I love big arts books :drool:

gurpswoo1
09-30-2011, 09:36 PM
With this release, the prices for the Zavvi Limited version will start to fall on eBay.

SquirrelRaper
10-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I just preordered mine from Gamestop!

twistedsymphony
10-02-2011, 02:26 PM
*** Added NTSC Limited Edition ***

foreverflash
10-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Can any of you please explain to me the absurdity of this NTSC version (limited or standard)? Why on fucking earth is Hideo Kojima and Sony allowing this to release in North America with only 3 fucking games? 3 games. 3 GAMES. And they aren't even in order!

I must be missing something. Can any of you confirm this for me? This NTSC version (limited or not) of MGS HD Collection is coming with 3 out of order games and will be MISSING:

MGS 1
Metal Gear 1
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

Is this correct?! IF so, any North American fan should be absolutely OUTRAGED. The European release is coming with (from what I understand) all 7 MGS games (be it downloadable or on disc), but still ALL 7......right?

Matrix6
10-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Can any of you please explain to me the absurdity of this NTSC version (limited or standard)? Why on fucking earth is Hideo Kojima and Sony allowing this to release in North America with only 3 fucking games? 3 games. 3 GAMES. And they aren't even in order!

I must be missing something. Can any of you confirm this for me? This NTSC version (limited or not) of MGS HD Collection is coming with 3 out of order games and will be MISSING:

MGS 1
Metal Gear 1
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

Is this correct?! IF so, any North American fan should be absolutely OUTRAGED. The European release is coming with (from what I understand) all 7 MGS games (be it downloadable or on disc), but still ALL 7......right?
It appears that the OP has incorrect information showing for the Western general release HD Collection [regardless being the Limited Edition bundle or standard copies].

According to the Amazon description [and as has always been afaik], the games included are;
"Featuring three complete games, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker"
That will also include both the original 'Metal Gear' and Metal Gear 2' [from the Subsistence version of MGS: Snake Eater.

Unless there's been some sudden changes, MGS4 is only included in the Ultimate Edition for the PAL region only.

Someone correct me if I am also wrong?

foreverflash
10-03-2011, 05:41 AM
It appears that the OP has incorrect information showing for the Western general release HD Collection [regardless being the Limited Edition bundle or standard copies].

According to the Amazon description [and as has always been afaik], the games included are;
"Featuring three complete games, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker"
That will also include both the original 'Metal Gear' and Metal Gear 2' [from the Subsistence version of MGS: Snake Eater.

Unless there's been some sudden changes, MGS4 is only included in the Ultimate Edition for the PAL region only.

Someone correct me if I am also wrong?Ok so it includes Metal Gear 1 and 2. That's good. But what about the original Metal Gear Solid (not peacewalker)? Why is "Peacewalker" included IN place of the original Metal Gear Solid? Or is Peacewalker actually the SAME as MGS1, just an enhanced version or extra missions?

Matrix6
10-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Peace Walker is the HD version of the PSP original. It follows after the Snake Eater story. It's a great title that went relatively under appreciated because it was only available to the PSP [received critically rave reviews]. I'm really glad it's in HD and on the big screen now as it's not just your average PSP game, it's a full on story like the other main MGS series.

The original PlayStation 'Metal Gear Solid' will not be included on the disc at all, you may only download it from the PSN store. There is a download code is for the West that is only available for the 'Ultimate Edition' [that applies to the Japanese editions as well, no HD remake for that].

Ryu Kazama
10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
With this release, the prices for the Zavvi Limited version will start to fall on eBay.

So you think. I just saw one go for £400 yesterday (not BIN).

evilvort3x
10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
yea 400 sold for price is going UP if anything... remember 4000 made only.... its that simple everyone wants a bit of the MGS Zavvi cake LOL

Lemur
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Limited to 4000 copies + steelbook vs unlimited copies for US. :lmao:

evilvort3x
10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
LOL

gurpswoo1
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
So you think. I just saw one go for £400 yesterday (not BIN).

The news will slowly filter through, I can bet that these will sell much lower at the time of launch, which looks like 2012 now.

Matrix6
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Late Feb 2012...what the heck happened there?? :(

twistedsymphony
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
wait what?... when did that change?

Matrix6
10-03-2011, 04:15 PM
So far only Zavvi is showing a new release date, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ryu Kazama
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, possibly an error. Though, I wouldn't mind a delay if I'm honest.

goonergaz
10-03-2011, 05:11 PM
ah man, I totally missed this :(

gurpswoo1
10-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I haven't really got a confirmed date change from konami, just waiting to see what's going on with the PAL and maybe even the NTSC version.

ah man, I totally missed this
Yeah you and me both.

goonergaz
10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I haven't really got a confirmed date change from konami, just waiting to see what's going on with the PAL and maybe even the NTSC version.

Yeah you and me both.

I'm fed up with Game because their useless customer facing skills (and item knowledge) cost me the U3 explorer edition (I had the SE pre-ordered from day 1 :() - and I didn't even know about this until today...problem is, these things don't come along often (for me) so it's nice to grab them when I can.

If you find any going, PLEASE let me know (and visa versa of course!)

twistedsymphony
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
We had a news post about it: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5268

It was easy to miss, as Zavvi was sold out within 2 days I believe.

I pre-ordered it, even though I almost never order releases from outside the USA it was hard to pass up.

evilvort3x
10-03-2011, 08:11 PM
erm yea ive some coming in.... if its 2012 oh well... price still wont go down.. remember 4000 made of one of the best games of all time???? i cant see it going any lower than 250 to be honest

gurpswoo1
10-03-2011, 08:52 PM
£250 is 40% less than the current going rate. They will still be expensive but we will have to see I guess.

foreverflash
10-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Peace Walker is the HD version of the PSP original. It follows after the Snake Eater story. It's a great title that went relatively under appreciated because it was only available to the PSP [received critically rave reviews]. I'm really glad it's in HD and on the big screen now as it's not just your average PSP game, it's a full on story like the other main MGS series.

The original PlayStation 'Metal Gear Solid' will not be included on the disc at all, you may only download it from the PSN store. There is a download code is for the West that is only available for the 'Ultimate Edition' [that applies to the Japanese editions as well, no HD remake for that].Ok I don't quite follow you here...Where are you getting your information from Matrix? I want to know the source so I can verify this myself. So, you are saying:

a)MGS1 is included ONLY in the ultimate edition?
b)as a download code only?
c)you said "the west" as "download code" which confused me because the "west" is NOT getting an ultimate edition...

so is North America getting MGS1 as a download code too (along with the European/UK ultimate edition)? I have to know this for absolute sure.

What I can't understand is how all of you aren't bitching about this possibly not including MGS1 and how the US version is inferior. It seems like I'm the only one who noticed these discrepancies?

Ryu Kazama
10-03-2011, 10:10 PM
^Oh, we all notice it, there's just nothing they'll do about it. Either Konami have their reasons or Sony do, whatever it is MGS1 is not part of unless it's the code given in the "specialer" editions which, the US has no current release for. That's not to say you won't get it thrown in last minute. Stranger things have happened.

As for the Zavvi Edition's current price. I am suspicious on the £400 dealing myself. It's the only one I've seen go for that much. Every other one was slighty over £200. If that recent £400 is the case, why not just buy the BIN £350 listings, right?

vhal_x
10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
^^ Probably spur of the moment bidding wars, I myself have went way over budget when bidding on ebay, purely because I've been determined to win xx

Mike1888
10-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Ok I don't quite follow you here...Where are you getting your information from Matrix? I want to know the source so I can verify this myself. So, you are saying:

a)MGS1 is included ONLY in the ultimate edition?
b)as a download code only?
c)you said "the west" as "download code" which confused me because the "west" is NOT getting an ultimate edition...

so is North America getting MGS1 as a download code too (along with the European/UK ultimate edition)? I have to know this for absolute sure.

What I can't understand is how all of you aren't bitching about this possibly not including MGS1 and how the US version is inferior. It seems like I'm the only one who noticed these discrepancies?

a) Yes.
b) Yes.
c) In the west (NA) you can just go to the PS store and download it for $10.

No, but you can download it off the PS store whenever.

I don't know anything about making video games but it seems they can't remaster a PS1 game, the one in the steelbook version is just a code for the PS store download. The U.S. version is $20 cheaper so if you decided on the NA version over the Steelbook, then you have $20 extra and MGS1 only costs 10! :spiteful:

foreverflash
10-04-2011, 01:57 AM
a) Yes.
b) Yes.
c) In the west (NA) you can just go to the PS store and download it for $10.

No, but you can download it off the PS store whenever.

I don't know anything about making video games but it seems they can't remaster a PS1 game, the one in the steelbook version is just a code for the PS store download. The U.S. version is $20 cheaper so if you decided on the NA version over the Steelbook, then you have $20 extra and MGS1 only costs 10! :spiteful:Thanks for clarifying mike. Sometimes I just need things explained really well to get it. Now I understand. I wasn't aware of the PS1 games being incompatible for remastering (why?) but it makes sense as I've never seen a PS1 game remastered. I will be getting both versions (zavvi and North America) because they're both special (NA comes w/ that nice art book - zavvi obviously the coveted steelbook and all games).

I was being dense. I'm aware that MGS1 is available on PSN store, but see, to me, a collection like this isn't complete unless at LEAST a paper DLC code is included for MGS1. It's about the principle of "completionist" collecting. People that want a complete collection, want something physical and at the very least the paper DLC code is physical and acceptable to me for completion. It's like with all american games now...fuckin' DLC codes don't come on those nice printed, designer papers anymore...we only get them on receipts or in email. Pathetic...

Thanks mike and matrix! big help...

Matrix6
10-04-2011, 03:38 AM
I should have been a bit more clear, I meant that the Zavvi 'Ultimate Edition' from the West really only means PAL region :S Sorry.

And although the NA LE is a little cheaper than the Zavvi Ultimate Edition, the NA LE not only omits a download voucher for the original PS MGS game but the Zavvi UE also includes MGS4 in it. :) I'd say that'd be the most 'completed' version as you can get. The only thing missing is the 'VR Missions' disc released after MGS. [which I can't get to work on my PS3 :( ]

foreverflash
10-04-2011, 05:10 AM
I should have been a bit more clear, I meant that the Zavvi 'Ultimate Edition' from the West really only means PAL region :S Sorry.

And although the NA LE is a little cheaper than the Zavvi Ultimate Edition, the NA LE not only omits a download voucher for the original PS MGS game but the Zavvi UE also includes MGS4 in it. :) I'd say that'd be the most 'completed' version as you can get. The only thing missing is the 'VR Missions' disc released after MGS. [which I can't get to work on my PS3 :( ]Thanks matrix. The LE still is worth getting as it comes in a collectible box w/ a 250page artbook (wow nice!). I think you can get the VR missions sold separate (on separate disc) from the game series' right?

Matrix6
10-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Oh, the NA LE is definitely worth getting [as well], I love art books and that's no little sized art book either. I guess the only way to get the definitive edition is to create your very own....meaning, get EVERY EDITIONS!!! :twisted::banana:

I really hope that NA LE at least makes it to Australia as we technically missed out :S [but so did many other PAL regions] :hug:

fattyuk
10-04-2011, 07:42 AM
^^ Probably spur of the moment bidding wars, I myself have went way over budget when bidding on ebay, purely because I've been determined to win xx
lol I've had a few item bidding wars in the last minute, won them and thought why on earth did I do that lol.

although I missed out on a job lot collection the other day which I really should of gone over the top with as it only went for bout 170

fattyuk
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Noticed the feb release date the other day but when viewing my order it still says November.... although to be fair a feb release would do me some favours! after November I'll be hibernating with too many games to play by the time I've finished I'll look like an albino tramp!

Gemini-Phoenix
10-04-2011, 11:25 AM
For reference, here's a link to the Kotaku article on the NTSC U Limited Edition:

http://kotaku.com/5845489/the-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-limited-edition-is-more-than-just-an-art-book

twistedsymphony
11-20-2011, 08:52 PM
*** Added photographs of the Xbox 360 NTSC Limited Edition ***

ingmar1988
11-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Zavvi has updated their page about the metal gear solid hd limited edition.
It includes the steelbook, 250 page artbook and t-shirt.

See here

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-playstation-3-ultimate-edition-zavvi-exclusive/10532517.html

Im wondering, its still 4000 copies?

vhal_x
11-30-2011, 06:48 PM
People are talking about this already over in CE News :) xx

Twisted
12-01-2011, 05:29 AM
i seriously think the ZAVVI one and the australia EB one is going to be the same.

Twisted
12-13-2011, 06:03 AM
if ebgames australia only has 2,000 copies for australia as an exclusive..why won't the preorders sell out?..lol.it's been close to a month since pre-orders have been up in australia..;)

TheVoidDragon
12-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Is there a collectors/limited edition version (other than the Zavvi version) available in the UK?

I really want it, but i can't find a way to get hold of one that doesn't involve either ordering from a different country, or paying more than it is worth.

gurpswoo1
12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
There is currently no other collectors/limited edition of this edition in the UK. The only one is the Zavvi exclusive.

Matrix6
12-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Finally, JB HiFi has it listed now. :whew: So that's all three of them; GAME, EBGames and JB HiFi :)

questate
01-23-2012, 12:41 PM
There is currently no other collectors/limited edition of this edition in the UK. The only one is the Zavvi exclusive.

Is this still going to be Limited edition? Zavvi are still taking pre-orders. Also, they have removed any reference of the item being limited to a specific quantity.

Gameshark
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I doubt this will be limited edition or else they would have had it numbered from #1 to #2000.

vhal_x
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
It was originally going to be numbered from 1 to 4000, sadly now it's higher than that and no longer numbered :( xx

questate
01-23-2012, 01:43 PM
It was originally going to be numbered from 1 to 4000, sadly now it's higher than that and no longer numbered :( xx

Unfortunately yes, the last thing I want is Zavvi dropping the item to less than half its pre-order price after its release as they usually do cause I preordered 2 already :(

questate
01-23-2012, 06:43 PM
OK here's the Zavvi blog latest update:

http://blog.zavvi.com/games/watch-the-official-launch-trailer-for-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-here/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zavvi%2Fblog+%28Zavvi+Blog%29

Seems it is indeed limited edition. Curious how its not yet sold out given the popularity of this game?

vhal_x
01-23-2012, 08:37 PM
It'll be due to the fact that the original version sold out completely, and thus everyone stopped going to Zavvi for it, and when it changed and was made a PS3 and Xbox360 edition, and came back into stock (due to a larger amount being made) people probably never realised, hence the slow sell out since change xx

ferrari100
01-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Metal gear solid hd limited edition unboxing.

I 'm so confused. I thought we were not getting a stickerbook on this one.

This xbox version is a stickerbook on the video.

Other forums post a g2 size steelbook with no sticker.
I'm guessing the xbox and ps3 versions are different then??

http://blog.zavvi.com/zavvi-news-and-stories/unboxing-our-exclusive-limited-edition-of-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-video/#more-12782

vhal_x
01-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Someone posted this on the other thread, it seems that the UK Zavvi CE is a stickerbook, regardless of G1 or G2, whereas EB games will get the genuine steelbook xx

ferrari100
01-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Major fail in my book.

So I assume the proper steelbook is limited to 400 copies then.
Arrgghhh

goonergaz
01-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Someone posted this on the other thread, it seems that the UK Zavvi CE is a stickerbook, regardless of G1 or G2, whereas EB games will get the genuine steelbook xx

d'oh! I just cancelled my eb pre-order

having said that, the 'proper' steelbook could just be a prototype...TBH I didn't like the design much anyway, would much rather have had something like what's on the t-shirt

http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/2011/12/metal-gear-solid-ultimate-hd-collection-steelbook-australia-uk/

ferrari100
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
whatever has been said so far, it looks to me like the xbox version is a g1 stickerbook and the ps3 version is a g2 proper steelbook.
look at the numbers. minimum order from steelbook is 4000. Australia are getting 3000 total quantity, 1000 Less than necassary order quantity for a proper steelbook.
There are 8000 total ps3 versions 2 x 4000.

the pictures of the proper steelbook are clearly g2.
Of course, it would make sense for konami to give ps3 buyers that little bit extra as the franchise is long lived on the playstation.

gurpswoo1
01-24-2012, 02:48 PM
This is really starting to annoy me, first they cancel the special Zavvi numbered edition, then they more than double the allocation. then they use stickerbooks for xbox and a normal one for PS3.

On top of that the game was delayed from last year.

This really has been one big mess since the start.

Matrix6
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
It's a mess alright and Konami is also showing a little bias in this collection. Why bother making a daft sticker book for one format?? It's not like that's where the game disc will come in?! And there's really no exclusivity in this whole thing as that was taken away!
I see this as pointless, why reason would they have to release an inferior version? They've got nothing to gain from it, but more lost of respect by gamers!! :nea:

I'm glad the t-shirt will fit me...I hope :S
But this is not a CE I'm excited about at all. :nono:

goonergaz
01-24-2012, 03:34 PM
there's a lot of assumptions here, nothings confirmed until we see a PS3 unboxing - it could be (as suggested by someone else) that UK/zavvi get a stickerbook and the rest of the world get proper steelbook

however...

in a way PS3 getting a 'proper' steelbook makes sense. They would have already set up the manufacturing process for the PS3 size case so to make 2K more (or whatever) is easy...but to make a whole run of a specific DVD design (for the X360) would be quite pricey (vs making a load of stickers) so I guess it's a 2-edged thing, firstly at least X360 users got some love and secondly PS3 owners get a better steelbook (if it being less exclusive)

Matrix6
01-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Is a "sticker book steelcase" officially permitted/acceptable for a publisher to release for their games?

Must a "sticker book" be specifically be mentioned in the description of contents or can they still use "steelbook"??

If not, then it would be false advertising in my view.

Twisted
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
i also believe what is going on here, is the original limited edition 4,000 zavvi world exclusive was supposed to be packaged in this steelbook, but they did a last minute change, and the steelbooks were probably already in production, but then when they added the xbox version, they probably did what companies/marketing does, look for the best cost basis analysis and profit for the company, where they said, ok MGS will sell itself, not many people are gonna care or about us cutting a corner here or there, and told the manufacturer for the steelbook, when we do the xbox360, go ahead and switch over to stickerbook, i mean..it does appear to be a quality sticker book, i bet they would of wanted to do the same thing with PS3, but it was too late, and since it was to be sold as an original steelbook package, without an outerbox, they probably figured they'd get a lot of slack for it being a sticker for the original plan.so it's pretty much settled..PS3 WILL BE A STEELBOOK AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED..XBOX 360 WHICH WAS A LATE ADD ON, WILL BE A STICKERBOOK.

MayBee
01-24-2012, 08:57 PM
stickerbook or not, no inside artwork, very high production release = FAILED :rotf:

ferrari100
01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Less worried about the inside artwork tbh.

I'm a huge metal gear fan and must have a steelbook and not a stupidly named "steelbook variant" pfft

fattyuk
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
pre order cancelled lol this has gone from a "wow got my pre order in for a limited edition of 4000" to a "stickerbook in my collection!? no thank you sir!"

Will be £28.95 in a zavvi mega Monday within 3 weeks guaranteed

fattyuk
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Is a "sticker book steelcase" officially permitted/acceptable for a publisher to release for their games?

Must a "sticker book" be specifically be mentioned in the description of contents or can they still use "steelbook"??

If not, then it would be false advertising in my view.

Stickerbooks are made by Steelbook.com so technically they are genuine "steelbooks" as there manufactured by Steelbook.com

be cheaper to buy a plain Steelbook and print a sticker off your printer though lol

gurpswoo1
01-24-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm with Fatty on this one, cancelled my Xbox pre-order and kept the PS3 one which I hope will be a proper steelbook.

Matrix6
01-25-2012, 05:09 AM
It wouldn't be nice to make two different steelbooks for the two formats, cut costing only creates negativity towards the company imo.

Javius
01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
An unboxing video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8-FyhlgPutk#!

goonergaz
01-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I can see EB getting the 'real' steelbook at this rate :pooryou:

Johnny
01-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I dont really care, im problably going to keep this one sealed, despite the awesome artbook.

kennyrh
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
This is really starting to annoy me, first they cancel the special Zavvi numbered edition, then they more than double the allocation. then they use stickerbooks for xbox and a normal one for PS3.

On top of that the game was delayed from last year.

This really has been one big mess since the start.

Agreed but, sadly, this is the way things are going. We as collectors assume that the CE market is there as a favour to us. In reality it's just another way to fleece the punters and nobody gives a toss about anything other than making more money.

If you look at last year as a whole for CEs it was just one big cock-up after another (at least in the UK) with not a hint of an apology for fucking people around.

The only concession I got for all the aggravation I had last year was being able to buy the Warhammer Space Marine pre-order pack for £20 when my CE preorder failed to turn up at Gamestation. I think in trade it made me about £15.

Big effing deal :shrug:

smashfanDS
01-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Hmmm, comparing the Zavvi PS3 pics to the Australlia pics, it looks like the Zavvi PS3 are also stickerbooks :(

http://thehut.pantherssl.com/productimg/0/600/600/17/10532517-1322241687-54372.jpg

http://cloud.game.com.au/appcache/thumbnails/3409014074_mgshdleps3_lg.jpg/500x500.jpg

kennyrh
01-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Hmmm, comparing the Zavvi PS3 pics to the Australlia pics, it looks like the Zavvi PS3 are also stickerbooks :(

http://thehut.pantherssl.com/productimg/0/600/600/17/10532517-1322241687-54372.jpg

http://cloud.game.com.au/appcache/thumbnails/3409014074_mgshdleps3_lg.jpg/500x500.jpg

That bottom pic is on the page for the official Konami UK-PAL unboxing vid. So who knows :scratch:

fattyuk
01-25-2012, 08:00 PM
defo going to wait for this to be released and find out if it's a stickerbook or not as It will be cheap as chips in zavvis sales, if it was a GAME PLAY.com or AMAZON release I would defiantly think twice

Mellar
02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I just received my copy of the Limited Edition on the PS3 and it was completely damaged.

I've never had a problem with Zavvi before, but this just took the piss. The box it came in was beyond damaged and even had to be re-packaged by the courier. The game had 1 small strip of airbags that did a horrible job of protecting it.

Once I opened the game up I found that some of the cardboard pieces that held it togther were ripped and damaged. Along with that the game wasn't even sealed.

To anybody ordering outside of the UK, don't get your hopes up! If they can't deliver the game in one piece inside of the UK, then being shipped half way around the world will be unrecognisable.

vhal_x
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Was your steelbook a steelbook or stickerbook ? xx

goonergaz
02-01-2012, 11:50 AM
that's bad news - heard lots of these reports :(

were you part of the initial pre-order? did you get MGS4? was it a real steelbook or stickerbook?

Mellar
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Was your steelbook a steelbook or stickerbook ? xx

Wow, I see people have their priorities straight :thumb:

I don't exactly know the difference between a steelbook and a sticker book, but it is not a steelbook with a sticker just stuck on. The artwork flows right around the case.

It is kind of smooth though, so it doesn't feel like the rest of the steelbooks I have.

I'll take pictures if you want? That should be able to explain more than me mumbling.

vhal_x
02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Cool thanks :) Just trying to piece it all together in my mind :)

Sorry yours was damaged, mine showed up okay, but the box was ripped open and damaged to fuck, having a tough time keeping it in the condition it's in due to a wild one year old :rotf: xx

Mellar
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM
that's bad news - heard lots of these reports :(

were you part of the initial pre-order? did you get MGS4? was it a real steelbook or stickerbook?

I was indeed part of the initial pre-order.
I did get MGS4 in all of it's ugly Platinum-ness.
From what I can tell, it is a steelbook, but you can be the judge of that.

Sorry about the bad screenshots, my phone's camera isn't the best.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8154/wp000170.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8504/wp000171m.jpg

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/9150/wp000173a.jpg

Matrix6
02-01-2012, 12:36 PM
@Mellar That's a definite steelbook! :)
If it were a "sticker book" then you'd find the art cover would just be a sticker stuck onto that steelbook case.

goonergaz
02-01-2012, 12:36 PM
yup - a real 'un :thumb:

Mellar
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
@Mellar That's a definite steelbook! :)
If it were a "sticker book" then you'd find the art cover would just be a sticker stuck onto that steelbook case.

Thanks for enlightening me :)

I don't think I've ever had a sticker book before, which is lucky.

I'm still pissed that Zavvi can't pack an order correctly, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. Although I would have prefered the original one they promised.

freshsnake
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM
// Fuck Zavvi Back Initiative //

http://www.zavvi.com/returns-policy.info

In a nutshell:

a) You have 14 days to cancel your order under our 14 day return period policy, which starts on the day after you received the item.

b) You can return the item if the item is damaged

c) They will refund you the the shipping costs you had to pay when sending them the damaged item back

d) You can request a refund or replacement, please choose replacement. Repeat until delivered in good condition.

This way I would like to ask every single person who received a damaged item and still didn't open it to return it and request a replacement. Use the same flimsy "box". I don't know how about you but I am in no mood to let them shit on our heads like this. Let's see how they will love handling all these replacements.

There are like hundreds of posts on other forums about the same situation, so please re-post this message on your favorite forum; people should know and follow their rights.

goonergaz
02-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I really would hang back in case there are stickerbooks...just my 2p

fattyuk
02-03-2012, 08:08 PM

http://www.zavvi.com/returns-policy.info

In a nutshell:

a) You have 14 days to cancel your order under our 14 day return period policy, which starts on the day after you received the item.

b) You can return the item if the item is damaged

c) They will refund you the the shipping costs you had to pay when sending them the damaged item back

d) You can request a refund or replacement, please choose replacement. Repeat until delivered in good condition.

This way I would like to ask every single person who received a damaged item and still didn't open it to return it and request a replacement. Use the same flimsy "box". I don't know how about you but I am in no mood to let them shit on our heads like this. Let's see how they will love handling all these replacements.

There are like hundreds of posts on other forums about the same situation, so please re-post this message on your favorite forum; people should know and follow their rights.

Never really been into these online forum " fuck the cooperations" bullshit.

so you in real life terms is

"Return your item as zavvi are happy with and get it replaced"

My came mint so did many others(the people who don't hit the forums crying and screaming - not that everyone did I don't mean that in a gerenal nasty way just that some people react to it more civilised than what some other people do, some people are pissed off but sort it out while others just got OTT imo)

Job done/solved in a polite down to earth manner rather than "I'm gonna type and moan and harp on about something no one really cares about apart from the other tiny handful who are going to do the same as me"

edit : as for zavvi they couldn't give a fuck lol it's only one item there selling - that they didnt pay much for anyway they seriously ain't going to be fussed about the "online forum going to give them hell of earth" crew - meh :)

another edit lol : might open mine soon :D

euphoriapt
02-07-2012, 03:29 AM
What is the steelbook virsion from zavvi ?? G1 or G2 ?? I didnt received mine yet and there are ppl selling G2.

And i heard that there is some steelbooks that the image on steelbook is a sticker ...

Thank you

Madigan
02-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Xbox360: G1 stickerbook

PS3: G2 Steelbook

ingmar1988
02-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I received mine in perfect condition, now i was wondering if i should unwrap it or not? Is there any confirmation on numbers? Its also really weird its still available on the zavvi website.

Saturn
02-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Why are people in NL receiving theirs and I'm from portugal with a day 1 reserve, it's been almost 2 weeks and nothing yet? :'(

MayBee
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
why is it weird? :)

They produce a lot of copies for Metal Gear Solid fan out there :)

FYI folks, Zavvi just sent a 10% off coupon :) Check your email. I'll wait for a 50% before I make an order since I don't mind paying half off for a damage exterior box.

I received mine in perfect condition, now i was wondering if i should unwrap it or not? Is there any confirmation on numbers? Its also really weird its still available on the zavvi website.

Gazereths
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I think there are 8000 PS3 copies and 4000 360 copies if my memory serves me right.

blueherring
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
I think there are 8000 PS3 copies and 4000 360 copies if my memory serves me right.

Is that worldwide?

gurpswoo1
02-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Gazereths is right and yes that is worldwide.

DemonATX
03-11-2012, 05:00 AM
I just received mine in north america this week, did an unboxing video for it just in case it was damaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2W4Luvul-U

seems like i got lucky

Kaikkipunaselle
05-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Sorry to bring up so old topic, but I really need some :help:

I bought the US Limited Edition from eBay recently. The seller listed the item as 'New & Sealed'. However, I just received the game yesterday and I have some suspicions that the game might be resealed..

Here are two pictures.

Picture (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d9bowfjms3dpco/Pricetag.JPG)
Picture 2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8xhq00md5zb1ef/Pricetag1.JPG)

So there seems to be a barcode sticker covering the original barcode. And the sticker is underneath the plastic wrapping. I watched some unboxings from Youtube and I did not see any other copy having this kind of sticker. So my copy must have been resealed? Or could there be some other kind of explanation for this situation?

LyricalOne
05-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Sorry to bring up so old topic, but I really need some :help:

I bought the US Limited Edition from eBay recently. The seller listed the item as 'New & Sealed'. However, I just received the game yesterday and I have some suspicions that the game might be resealed..

Here are two pictures.

Picture (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d9bowfjms3dpco/Pricetag.JPG)
Picture 2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8xhq00md5zb1ef/Pricetag1.JPG)

So there seems to be a barcode sticker covering the original barcode. And the sticker is underneath the plastic wrapping. I watched some unboxings from Youtube and I did not see any other copy having this kind of sticker. So my copy must have been resealed? Or could there be some other kind of explanation for this situation?

I personally do not know the answer to your questions, but that sticker looks like it's a retailer sticker.
The fact that it's under the shrink wrap does lead me to believe it's resealed.

Sorry bud :(

Twisted
05-23-2014, 05:35 PM
there is a small possibility the barcode was misprinted by the factory and maybe for a batch of production those new bar code stickers were applied...if it's a reseal, they did a real good job of it!..but sometimes a number or two is misprinted, and the manufacturer just corrects the UPC code, by placing a decal as opposed to reprint an entire new cover..just a hunch.

Kaikkipunaselle
05-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I have tried to compare the wrapping to some pictures on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection-Limited-Edition-PS3-Konami-/360929095933?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item54090cf0fd) and also some new Youtube unboxings I found after my original post. The wrapping of my copy looks very similar to the ones I was able find. And I have to say if this indeed is a resealed copy, it must be the best looking one I have ever seen. Here is a couple pictures from my copy.

Pictures (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pzd3ev0rgvbk0v/AABFbKI6KZQXbk40bZxHbk1ua#/)

I also managed to find another seller (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection-Limited-Edition-Sony-Playstation-3-/351055923395?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item51bc9048c3) on eBay who is selling Brand New ones with the same kind of sticker than my copy. I bought my copy from an UK seller though.

Previously I was quite sure this was a resealed copy, but now I am beginning to believe it is not. :)