PDA

View Full Version : Quick help from U.S.

Mike1888
08-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi, could someone from the U.S. grab this for me and ship it to me here in Canada? The seller will absolutely not ship internationally but shipping to the U.S. is free. Just let me know how much shipping is and I'll send the total whenever you want it (before you buy it, when you receive it, etc). Please do whatever you can so I don't get taxed at my door!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260833765265?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Thanks

AJLareneg
08-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I was going to, but it looks like the auction has ended already?

I hope someone was able to grab one for you.

Mike1888
08-20-2011, 08:36 PM
It has, but he still has 9 more so I'm guessing he'll relist? He better.

Thanks :) I'll PM you if they come back up. I'd send a message to the guy but I can't even do that from Canada. :(

AJLareneg
08-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Alright, lemme know if he does list it again! I've got to go to work now but I'll be around later. :)

foreverflash
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Did you get this yet Mike? Why did that guy list 9 available but set it up as an auction to end? That makes no sense. I don't see the item relisted. Has anyone else contacted him for you yet Mike? If not I will and get back to you here on the answer.

Mike1888
08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
I sent him a message he said that he was going to relist them last night or today. :)

So I'm good. Either one of you can grab it for me when it comes back :)

foreverflash
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I sent him a message he said that he was going to relist them last night or today. :)

So I'm good. Either one of you can grab it for me when it comes back :)If I grab it for you, you'd have to pay me before I bid on it (that is if he does a buy it now) PayPal. How long does PayPal take to deposit funds into someone's account? I'm curious because this would be the first time I take money to buy someone something from US. The seller said he'd list it for 30 days. If he doesn't do a "buy it now" option that'd be pretty dumb to do a straight up auction for 30 days on an item you have 9 pieces of.

I guess best thing to do is wait until the listing is back up. I'll talk to you then.

Mike1888
08-21-2011, 09:43 PM
It will be a BIN, and about the depositing, I'm not sure what you mean but this is basically how it will work. I send you $12 USD and it will show up in your account right away, then just buy the item like you would any other item and it will take the money from your paypal balance automatically. Then just tell me how much it will be to ship once you have it, I'll send that then just ship it to me :)

AJLareneg
08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Mike, If you still wanted me to do it I could give you the entire total with shipping to you once I have the item in-hand. I have some paypal balance I can work with (and I work at USPS) :) So whichever is easier for you.

Mike1888
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Ooh wow :D So how much do you think shipping will be?

AJLareneg
08-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Depends on the weight, but shipping to Canada is usually not much more than domestic shipping for us. If I had to guess off the top of my head (assuming its near-weight of average DVD media) I'd say probably ~$5 shipping inside a box.

foreverflash
08-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Well let us know who you want to get it for you. AJ might be a better choice as he probably has more experience with shipping out. Me on the other hand I've never shipped international (yet) but I plan to get my feet wet at some point for a member here on CE.o I'm very willing to help whenever someone needs me to.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for me to figure out shipping, and you could simply choose what options and speed you want (express, registered...). I don't want us both getting it cause I wouldn't want to get stuck w/ one of these as I'm not interested in it! lol

:ok:

Mike1888
08-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Okay sounds good AJ, I'll PM you when I see it comes back up :) Much appreciated.

@ForeverFlash

True, considering she works at USPS hehe. You're off the hook! :P

AJLareneg
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
International shipping isn't hard at all! It's just like shipping domestically, but with slightly higher rates and paperwork (Customs forms).

You can even check usps.com for any ideas on how to ship things internationally, and their rates. I just have a lot of them (somewhat) memorized because I've been working shipping for about 3 years now.

Also~ I'm actually a she.

Mike1888
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Will you know how to make sure I don't get taxed? I just know whenever UPS shows up at my door I have to empty my wallet.

AJLareneg
08-21-2011, 10:24 PM
I know how to avoid it for shipping to the UK. (Mark gift, under ~$25 value) I am sure Canada is about the same. I've also heard UPS tends to always try to get people for customs fees.

Unfortunately those kinds of things are usually out of my control, as it depends on the destination country. I do have a friend in Canada I shipped a very expensive figurine to and they were not taxed on it. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

foreverflash
08-22-2011, 12:57 AM
International shipping isn't hard at all! It's just like shipping domestically, but with slightly higher rates and paperwork (Customs forms).

You can even check usps.com for any ideas on how to ship things internationally, and their rates. I just have a lot of them (somewhat) memorized because I've been working shipping for about 3 years now.

Also~ I'm actually a she.The only extra "paperwork" is the customs form right? Is it advisable to always use your countries primary shipping carrier? In the case of US it would be United States Postal Service for ex. Australia? Australian Post. UK? Royal Air mail, etc...that's how I understand it. Is this correct assumption? I wish someone could show me physically how to fill out a customs form just so I know. Only 2 points are most important though: gift and value (less than 25) right? I think it's the same here in Eastern USA for USPS as it is in UK and Australia.

Sorry AJ for calling you a "he". I forgot you were a she. Should've known since I chatted w/ you in your "infamous" show off thread. :B

AJLareneg
08-22-2011, 01:02 AM
The only extra "paperwork" is the customs form right? Is it advisable to always use your countries primary shipping carrier? In the case of US it would be United States Postal Service for ex. Australia? Australian Post. UK? Royal Air mail, etc...that's how I understand it. Is this correct assumption? I wish someone could show me physically how to fill out a customs form just so I know. Only 2 points are most important though: gift and value (less than 25) right? I think it's the same here in Eastern USA for USPS as it is in UK and Australia.

Sorry AJ for calling you a "he". I forgot you were a she. Should've known since I chatted w/ you in your "infamous" show off thread. :B
Yep, just the customs form! If you are sending a package under 4lbs internationally there is a smaller one to fill out, if it is over 4lbs it gets the bigger one, and has to go Priority Mail. Technically you should not be marking things low if it is something that can be damaged, and if someone wants international insurance it will need the proper amount marked on it.

As for the form itself, its honestly really straight forward. It just needs the items in it, value, addresses and that's about it... the bigger one just has a few more boxes to check but otherwise asks for the same information.

TBH I prefer USPS (not just bias here) because of the price. I have heard people tell me our international rates are 3x less than the competition. :) When it goes internationally it depends on the country, but it will usually be picked up by that countries main mailing system and not by UPS or Fed Ex or something. (unless its a service that offers that, USPS Global Express sends it to Fed Ex)

It's alright! I usually don't mind if someone gets it wrong but since we're kind of a community I figure I should correct people here. haha.

RyT
08-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Instead of creating a new thread, can anyone from US possibly help me get this when released? http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/batman-arkham-city-limited-edition-official-strategy-guide/92682 or does anyone know where I can order one and ships internationally. Gamestop has too much hassle just to ship internationally.

Thanks!