PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Dead Island Limited Treasure Edition XBOX 360 New/Sealed

mosavon
09-01-2011, 03:02 AM
*****sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold*****
*****sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold sold*****

vhal_x
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
When would you be looking for the money, as I really want this (had one preordered but can't afford it at the moment!) xx

PS: I'm guessing you'd be wanting the money now, but if nobody else is interested I'd be interested in about 2 months time, but I guess it'll be gone by then x

mosavon
09-01-2011, 11:53 PM

mosavon
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM

mosavon
09-03-2011, 12:56 AM

mosavon
09-03-2011, 03:34 PM

vhal_x
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
If he's not wanting it can you do that for me, since I asked :) ? xx

mosavon
09-03-2011, 03:43 PM

mosavon
09-17-2011, 02:26 PM

mosavon
09-21-2011, 01:55 AM

scourdx
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
If no one purchased it by Friday, I'll like to get it. Let me know thanks.

gu8
09-21-2011, 08:52 PM
i have a red edition mosavon

mosavon
09-21-2011, 11:48 PM

mosavon
09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
SOLD TO Scourdx

PAID Inc. SHIPPING

Shipped 27/09/11.....Received 29/09/11

gu8
09-26-2011, 01:46 AM
im guessing its sold, if anyone wants a pc survival edition pm me

mosavon
09-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Shipped 27th September.... Received 29/09/11

scourdx
09-30-2011, 09:33 PM
I didn't realize the Wooden box is that big. Thanks again. :notworthy:

Matrix6
09-30-2011, 10:00 PM

that's what she sai....I mean, that's an understatement ;) it's huge!! :D Now varnish it >_> :lmao:

mosavon
09-30-2011, 11:31 PM
that's what she sai....I mean, that's an understatement ;) it's huge!! :D Now varnish it >_> :lmao:

did u varnish yours coz that actually crossed my mind aswell?

mosavon
09-30-2011, 11:32 PM
No Problem...Anytime :2cool:

Matrix6
09-30-2011, 11:53 PM
did u varnish yours coz that actually crossed my mind aswell?

I'm still sourcing some free varnish and brush, cos a tin of that stuff ain't cheap >_> plus I need to work out how to protect the hinges without removing them. I'm afraid if varnish dries up on it, it'll mould onto it and lock it?!? :S [I don't really know, I'm a noob]

mosavon
10-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm still sourcing some free varnish and brush, cos a tin of that stuff ain't cheap >_> plus I need to work out how to protect the hinges without removing them. I'm afraid if varnish dries up on it, it'll mould onto it and lock it?!? :S [I don't really know, I'm a noob]

why dont you just get some natural wood stain, you rub it in like a sort of wax, would look nice

gurpswoo1
10-01-2011, 12:19 AM
If you really want to protect it and was willing to pay for it, then you could always get it VGA graded. You will need serious funds though.

Matrix6
10-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I just want mine to look more "authentic". Treasure boxes don't look cleaning like that, plus varnish coats are more protective and will refrain the box/wood from getting splits or whatever. I don't really care for grading stuff, especially when it's already opened and was never sealed.

@Mos See, I'm such a noob I have no idea what's available out there :S I'll look that up and check out what Bunnings have available. I want something that'll protect the wood from easy chipping and make it look more like a treasure box. :)

I also wanted to tint the Codex Box for AC:B cos the color just looks cheap and plasticky, I'm sure an ancient Codex Box would look much better just like the promo pics they had out before release.

mosavon
10-01-2011, 12:44 AM
I just want mine to look more "authentic". Treasure boxes don't look cleaning like that, plus varnish coats are more protective and will refrain the box/wood from getting splits or whatever. I don't really care for grading stuff, especially when it's already opened and was never sealed.

@Mos See, I'm such a noob I have no idea what's available out there :S I'll look that up and check out what Bunnings have available. I want something that'll protect the wood from easy chipping and make it look more like a treasure box. :)

I also wanted to tint the Codex Box for AC:B cos the color just looks cheap and plasticky, I'm sure an ancient Codex Box would look much better just like the promo pics they had out before release.
Yeah a wax will protect the wood and darken it down a bit aswell, let me know how the experiment goes before i take the risk :2cool:

Matrix6
10-01-2011, 12:50 AM
lol, thanks. It's doesn't have to be a risk at all. I could just get a ply of pine or something similar looking and try stuff on it before using it on the treasure box ;) [oh wow, I actually made a good suggestion for myself :P Thanks Matrix ] :D

gurpswoo1
10-01-2011, 12:54 AM
I just want mine to look more "authentic"

Ah I see, the key to making wood appear more natural is to remove symmetry and ensure there is variability. Wood stain will help bring out natural grain (if there is any) by artificially increasing contract in brighter light levels.

Sun fading and the introduction of natural defects will also add to the illusion.

It really depends on the actual wood used, do you know what it's made from?

mosavon
10-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Pine wood i think

Matrix6
10-01-2011, 12:57 AM
@Gurps Your explanations sounds all technical and scientific >_> but I get that ^_^

Not sure what the wood is actually made of but I suspect it's similar to pine as it's thin, soft and I already saw parts of the edges splitting like hair :S Ergo, why I want to stiffen it.

gurpswoo1
10-01-2011, 01:08 AM
If it's made of pine then that serious trouble. The water has already been drained from the wood and if it's splitting now it means they didn't seal the ends with wax and let it drain correctly.

Your best bet is to seal the ends with Wax or even certain greases (not recommended to use grease, it's not good stuff) like mosavon said.

Make sure you keep it away from from any heat sourse, even small ones over time will remove moisture from the wood and cause it to shrink, the result will be a bent lid.

If it was me I would place several bags around it which will preserve the the moisture inside due to condensations.